PDA

View Full Version : STREAM-1 (mindsword) vs. IOVE

Mindsword
12-08-2010, 09:51 AM
http://www.box.net/shared/0u496r3k5z

stupid 808s..

dont have a mouse so i used the mousepad on the laptop. do i get a prize/medal/achievement unlocked?

Professor Poopsnagle
12-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Ok, I went with another Dexter sample. Cause the opening theme just plain sucks. I did try and made something. I had to use half a second parts and reverse and stretch stuff to make anything usable, so just judge the first 25 seconds on it, cause after that I went with another song of the soundtrack.

http://www.box.net/shared/4r5m333khu

dad
12-08-2010, 10:52 AM
jasp.

Mindsword
12-08-2010, 12:23 PM
tight but.. its not exactly the sample we agreed on.. am i supposed to make another one? what song is that anyway?

and how many songs did you sample? that thing you linked 2 is a whole album lol, thought we only used the opening theme

Mindsword
12-08-2010, 01:10 PM
fuck it, imma smoke some weed and watch dexter..

Professor Poopsnagle
12-08-2010, 04:47 PM
tight but.. its not exactly the sample we agreed on.. am i supposed to make another one? what song is that anyway?

and how many songs did you sample? that thing you linked 2 is a whole album lol, thought we only used the opening themeLike I said, the first 25 seconds are all according to the rules you set. Although it might not sound like it, it's the opening theme. The one with the eggs frying and the orange slicing, you know.
Then there's a silence and comes a whole different beat with a different sample. I forgot what the track is called, but it's way better than the opening theme. If that disqualifies me so be it, I just don't feel like looping that wack shit again. No use in polishing a turd.

Mindsword
12-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Like I said, the first 25 seconds are all according to the rules you set. Although it might not sound like it, it's the opening theme. The one with the eggs frying and the orange slicing, you know.
Then there's a silence and comes a whole different beat with a different sample. I forgot what the track is called, but it's way better than the opening theme. If that disqualifies me so be it, I just don't feel like looping that wack shit again. No use in polishing a turd.

nah its all good.. lets get some votes in hurr..

dont vote for me!

-------

I did try and made something. I had to use half a second parts and reverse and stretch stuff to make anything usable, so just judge the first 25 seconds on it, cause after that I went with another song of the soundtrack.[/url]

wait you tried to make something, but you didnt/couldnt, so you just fucked the rules and sampled something else? :P wtf man, thats just lazy! the first 25 seconds is almost just a drumloop

i hear a couple sounds, and the flow is nice, but you could do a whole lot more, not just give up and sample something else. im not trying to be a bitch, but i could also just screw the rules and use a synth, and make the beat 5x doper..

the second beat is dope

peaz

Professor Poopsnagle
12-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Thanks. I know 25 seconds isn't much, but I felt like I was claying with poop. Even if I make a fucking swan, it will still smell like shit. Even with good drums I couldn't make anything of it. When I'm not feeling it myself, I don't feel motivated to finish it. The second part is just there to let you hear a better sample. Not part of of a battle or anything.

I don't expect a lot of votes here, it's been pretty dead.

Mindsword
12-08-2010, 06:02 PM
I felt like I was claying with poop. Even if I make a fucking swan, it will still smell like shit.

lol not when it dries up!

Professor Poopsnagle
12-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Well, I got to give it a try then I guess.