PDA

View Full Version : WHY the fuck is SELF SCIENTIFIC so slept on?!!?!?!!?!?

angry!
12-09-2010, 10:09 AM
chace infinite one of the illest emcees out...

i dont know how he keeps such a low profile...

some of the smartest content out, clean technique, impressive clarity, hot flow...

and he rhymes over nothin but BANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

dj khalil blew the fuck up, hes getting BIG checks now...

but his work with chace is the stuff that built the foundation...

M3DwefWObL0

anything put out under: SELF SCIENTIFIC.... is bangin.... study up... if you been sleeping!!!!!!!!!

-vTPAOHYo5E&feature=related

im tellin yall...

chace is an emcees emcee, if you try to kill mics, you recognize how nice he is...

and if youre not up on KHALIL by now youre really fuckin up... hes sought out by DR DRE an DJ MUGGS for his original sound bank... studio wiz, master technician.. all original sounds or samplin, a MONSTER with the beats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

angry!
12-09-2010, 10:14 AM
6etRpr7BxV0&feature=related

id love to see MUGGS do a VS. album with chace...

shit would be crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bi4mRo8XZMo&feature=related

cool out, spark up, and think... rich compositions, clean mic work... iincredible combo!!!!!!!! beats and rhymes... on point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meta4
12-09-2010, 10:21 AM
SS is definitely over-looked I put Self Science in a few months back ill album but I like Change more. My bum ass never got he physical tho only had it when I had itunes. Gods & Gangsters any good? heard it was nice but I never took the time.

sickdog
12-09-2010, 10:43 AM
change is best album so far. hope they do more albums later, few days ago Chace posted on twiter that they working on new album again... hope this time is true... since Khalil started work for Dre things with SS were fucked up....

THE MASON
12-09-2010, 12:18 PM
i only heard Chace on the Muggs album with Planet Asia and he has serious talent. since then i always wondered if he had any albums out, imma def look into finding those Self Scientific albums. Khalil is dope as well, beats is bangin, definitely has that Muggs type sound

angry!
12-09-2010, 12:27 PM
SS is definitely over-looked I put Self Science in a few months back ill album but I like Change more. My bum ass never got he physical tho only had it when I had itunes. Gods & Gangsters any good? heard it was nice but I never took the time.

its dope as fuck man...

everything out... under : SELF SCIENTIFIC ... is heat!!!!!!!!!!!!

yo bronze, if you think khalil is ill now, wait till you hear the SS albums...

such layered production, drums KNOCK...

and i rarely recognize khalils source sound, cuz a lot of it is original!!!!!!!!!!

niggas dont dig enough anymore, everybody samplin the same records, especially the kids today, they dont know whats been flipped and what hasnt...

MADLIB goin international to find the rarest records on the planet, a lot of talented producers today, just dont have the drive to seek new source sounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FjoZ1JTQzX4

KHALIL is caking so nice right now...

3 joints on em album... in house work for dre... MUGGS...

one of thee NICEST producers out, sound is crazy!!!!!!!!!

Pattch82
12-09-2010, 04:19 PM
I been singin' Self Scientific's praises for years now... glad to see them gettin' some love on here!!

Chace is fuckin' craaazy deep on the lyrics, droppin mad knowledge everytime he touches a mic.

And yeah, a Muggs vs. Chace album would be bangin, although they already kinda did one with 'The Last Assassin' album that dropped in 2004.

'Change' is defo the best SS album so far but like angry! said, their whole catalogue is bangin!!

Y'all also need to check out Chace's mixtape 'I Would Have Killed This'. Pretty much the closest thing to another SS album so far, it's basically Chace rappin' over beats that khalil did for other MC's! Check it out, dope shit indeed!

Peace!

food for thought
12-09-2010, 07:02 PM
self scientific is my shit.

vTta41clcbY

!

Undiluted Karma
12-09-2010, 07:43 PM
6etRpr7BxV0&feature=related

id love to see MUGGS do a VS. album with chace...

shit would be crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bi4mRo8XZMo&feature=related

cool out, spark up, and think... rich compositions, clean mic work... iincredible combo!!!!!!!! beats and rhymes... on point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually agree with this,

Chace is ill his verse on the P Asia vs Muggs comp was crzy

claaa7
12-10-2010, 02:59 AM
i've been meaning to check out their work together for a while but haven't gotten around to it yet. I like both Khalil and Chace Infinite though.. so "Change" is the best album to start with and work from there?

MaskedAvenger
12-10-2010, 03:07 AM
Gods & Gangstas is my joint. Shame on a Nigga is a great track

angry!
12-10-2010, 07:59 AM
i've been meaning to check out their work together for a while but haven't gotten around to it yet. I like both Khalil and Chace Infinite though.. so "Change" is the best album to start with and work from there?

you really cant go wrong, but id start with the self science, and work your way up...

that way youll see the trending growth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OAULi7Bozuc

KHALIL is so dope man...

that shit he did for NAS was crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he had another joint with NAS that never saw the light of day.... COLORS i think it was?!?!!?!!? shit sounded crazy, only heard it through studio footage, with nas writin in the lab...

dj khalil one of my favorite producers out easy... yall should peep the CHINATOWN instrumental tape he got floating around, shit is ill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the joints khalil did for EM were hot as fuck too... good to see a real nigga snatchin checks!!!!!!!!

Frank Sobotka
12-10-2010, 08:05 AM
Self scientific = Chance Infintie & DJ Khalil.

Never knew, will download immediately.

Undiluted Karma
12-10-2010, 10:03 AM
'love allah' is a fucking banger beat rhymes, Krondon smashes it with that heavy bass voice and flow. reminds me a bit of U-God's style, krondon another artist ive been sleeping on.

angry!
12-12-2010, 10:10 AM
heres a little treat for yall...

http://onlyrealhiphop.blogspot.com/2008/01/self-scientific-works-1997-2002.html

SELF SCIENTIFIC PRESENTS.... THE WORKS.... 97-02

a lot of rare cuts...

this compilation shits on most albums droppin....

KHALIL sound is so live... jungle drums, soulful keys, original sounds...

one of the freshest styles out!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you dont have a signature sound, youre never gonna permeate as a producer!!!!!!!!!!!!

KHALIL broke through by consistently droppin next level compositions that caught the ear of the best to ever do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! one of my favorite beats period... i dont gas bullshit, download this comp and youll be a fan if you werent already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JASPER BEARDLY
12-12-2010, 10:52 AM
dre is your fav producer?

angry!
12-12-2010, 11:04 AM
in all actuality...

dre probably is my favorite producer...

MUGGS is way up there too...

they both brought khalil into the fold... early on...

hes gotten credits under both...

the joints KHALIL did with MUGGS on cypress hill last album, are the only joints i fuck with, aside from the pete rock joint!!!!!!!!!!!!

when you can arrange original sounds, to the point, you dont know if its a sample or not...

you have arranged next level compostions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you dont see what the hoopla is about...

ask someone you consider to be a dope producer, what they think about khalil....

studio wiz, engineering is crazy, cutting edge plug ins, signature sound, clean mix, huge drums, and SOURCE sound, that can fool advanced listeners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
97-02 rare works compilation... shit is crazy, give it a go!!!!!!!!!!!!

JASPER BEARDLY
12-12-2010, 11:40 AM
im not disrespecting dre or khalil i just am surprised he's your favorite. he's really dope i just like prob 5-7 producers more.

imagine is an incredible song

JASPER BEARDLY
12-12-2010, 11:51 AM
i just feel other people's music more, to explain myself

like i'd prefer to listen to a 9th wonder soulful joint even in recognition of the fact that it's not engineered as tightly

angry!
12-12-2010, 12:15 PM
nothin wrong with that homie...

primo, pete, marley, dre, sermon, rza, muggs, prince paul...

really... you cant go wrong, i wouldnt argue anybodys 1... its all opinion based....

in fact i dont know that i can give a concrete 1...

but im old enough to be up on world class wrecking crew, jimmy z...

and dres transition into NWA, D.O.C., snoops debut...

and if dre stopped working all together after 2001...

hed still be in contention for my all time favorite...

for his work in the 80's through the 90's....

alot of younger heads are real disrespectful when it comes to dre, they like to shit on the detox myth, not really knowing the history in full... theyll list the co-production as a CRUTCH, when dre has built careers, off the strength of giving credit to in house talent... in fact, dre cleared a lot of the bullshit up, by giving niggas credit... because dre has been a victim of that.... himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

martin scorcese works at his pace, we all want more movies, but hes MADE, proven, and his resume speaks for itself... he owes nothin, the audience owes him....

alot of the younger cats let the recent disappointments overshadow decades of excellence!!!!!!!!

hopefully when and if detox finally drops, these kids can start showing a little respect, cuz the producers they hold on a pedestal, would love nothin more, than to hold a studio session with dre... im talkin all time greats, gettin giddy about working with dre...

KHALIL has a heavy dre influence, he probably has the most realistic, dre imitation, around... but hes not limited to that!!!!!!!!!!

as of today... KHALIL is way up on my list of producers actively killin shit, ill peep a bullshit FABOLOUS album, to catch a khalil joint... his track record is stellar, and a lot of it, doesnt get the proper recognition!!!!!!!!!!!!

angry!
12-12-2010, 12:29 PM
http://kevinnottingham.com/2010/03/09/dj-khalil-chinatown-wars-beat-tape/

^^^^

DJ KHALIL CHINATOWN WARS INSTRUMENTAL TAPE

these instrumentals knock, cpl ridiculous dre imitations...

drops bangers like that just on some throwaway shit....

and chace gotta get some new material out there, the next SS album, will have an enhanced profile...

i hope they net some hit records, because i think they have the potential to permeate, without compromise!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chace got clothing lines and shit, these kids love the fashion raps...

he just might be, a little too articulate, for the kiddies though...

either way, they do their thing!!!!!!!!!!!

fatboybrandon
12-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Good thread, Self Scientific's sound will most likely redefine Hip Hop sound in years to come. I'm glad to see Khalil doing his thing at Aftermath too.

I notice some groups with deep, original music and identity sometimes get slept on, especially in this new generation of fast served music online. Maybe the market is so oversaturated it's hard for artists like them to get proper shine.

I'm disappointed that Self Scientific don't get more shine, but then again I'm proud at the same time to see another group that does their thing without having to suck up to the mass media spotlight.

Even though I want the best artists to eat well, the artist who manages to prosper without mass media and keep their integrity is what I'm most proud of seeing, I admire the underground rebel.

I just came across this video of Chace & Khalil in the studio, Khalil talks about not having to sample anymore: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/bg-5002850/self_scientific_artist_of_the_week/

JASPER BEARDLY
12-12-2010, 01:52 PM
yeah i really do need to check out his catalogue more in depthly. i look forward to checking out the self scientifik shit u posted, thanks for it

JASPER BEARDLY
04-18-2011, 05:50 PM
heres a little treat for yall...

SELF SCIENTIFIC PRESENTS.... THE WORKS.... 97-02

a lot of rare cuts...

this compilation shits on most albums droppin....

KHALIL sound is so live... jungle drums, soulful keys, original sounds...

one of the freshest styles out!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you dont have a signature sound, youre never gonna permeate as a producer!!!!!!!!!!!!

KHALIL broke through by consistently droppin next level compositions that caught the ear of the best to ever do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! one of my favorite beats period... i dont gas bullshit, download this comp and youll be a fan if you werent already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn this should be fucking sick thanks angry gonna thoroughly check out self scientific today

edit: haha at my post above this i guess i got too caught up in bs

CEITEDMOFO
04-18-2011, 06:00 PM
chace infinite one of the illest emcees out...

i dont know how he keeps such a low profile...

some of the smartest content out, clean technique, impressive clarity, hot flow...

and he rhymes over nothin but BANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

dj khalil blew the fuck up, hes getting BIG checks now...

but his work with chace is the stuff that built the foundation...

M3DwefWObL0

anything put out under: SELF SCIENTIFIC.... is bangin.... study up... if you been sleeping!!!!!!!!!

-vTPAOHYo5E&feature=related

im tellin yall...

chace is an emcees emcee, if you try to kill mics, you recognize how nice he is...

and if youre not up on KHALIL by now youre really fuckin up... hes sought out by DR DRE an DJ MUGGS for his original sound bank... studio wiz, master technician.. all original sounds or samplin, a MONSTER with the beats!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YEA RETURN IS A MASTERPEACE THAT MOST FAGS AREnT UP ON IT SINCE IT WASNT COMMERICALIZED

PEACE

CEITEDMOFO
04-18-2011, 06:17 PM
WAS MY FAVORITE TRACK FOR AWHiLE
cStymiDEdvQ
^ THEY ALL RIP IT

INF
04-18-2011, 06:41 PM
thread is bangin. I slept , I aint gonna front. mad heads would try to put me on an I'd be like "yeah ok"

good lookin out on that blogspot DL.

CEITEDMOFO
04-18-2011, 07:14 PM
THIS SONG GROWS ON YOU , WHILE U LISTEN TO THE LP , THE HOOK WILL BECOME ONE OF YOUR FAVORITEs
G6daeavmKQY

TAURO
04-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Definately an underated group. Like Psycho Realm they're one of the illest westcoast groups most heads have slept on.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
04-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Maybe cuz the dude is a matresss..Sucks.

CEITEDMOFO
04-18-2011, 09:02 PM
IkFPTnFdQO4
3sRVd31kDGU
5KgeUlm-WvY
eblbpxiyHoU&start=48

JASPER BEARDLY
04-19-2011, 02:24 AM
Maybe cuz the dude is a matresss..Sucks.

cut yourself

JASPER BEARDLY
04-20-2011, 05:50 PM
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio/id.14647/title.self-scientific-f-big-krit-war-stories-prod-dj-khalil

new song

JASPER BEARDLY
04-25-2011, 09:30 PM
the self science is a dope fucking cd

PANDA PISS
04-26-2011, 01:28 PM
Never heard of him
^