PDA

View Full Version : What yall KNOW about the RASCALZ!?

THE MASON
12-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Canadas most prominent hip hop group, these cats dropped classic joints in the 90s, this the shit i grew up listening to.

official b boy type shit, bangin beats and dope emceeing

Zt-HDunu8Dk

srs2UvukAjU
BANGIN JOINT... rockin with the legend Blastmaster KRS

PL3i7zfSonc
canadian ANTHEM in the day!

qfbPMdy4H4A

vintage hip hop straight out the cold north, droppin in the nineties with all the other classics, these cats rarely get the props they deserve.

938_eMbM6FM&NR

djskillz
12-09-2010, 11:52 AM
hell yeah. i grew up listening to this shit. them, k-os, kardinal offishal and saukrates.

THE MASON
12-09-2010, 01:12 PM
lol the only one to respond is a fellow canadian

damn shame, im hopin yall just choosing not to respond, if not yall sleepin on these cats.

djskillz
12-09-2010, 02:21 PM
top of the world is still one of my favorite songs of all time. Barrington Levy is a god.

djskillz
12-09-2010, 02:23 PM
another dope canadian emcee. classic. this brings me back to my childhood.

HGXNALH_iy8

c9SN96v1Mec

more from the rascalz:

7TO5YgHU2SQ

djskillz
12-09-2010, 02:37 PM
lol forgot about this track. they used this sample before dmx did.

oD1V4kUKGX4

THE MASON
12-09-2010, 02:41 PM
PEACE to djskillz

at least someone here knows, i been blastin they shit all morning. i got Global Warning and Cash Crop, both albums bang out heavy. that Northen Touch is a dope posse cut!!

K-Os is dope too, i remember spinning that Heaven Only Knows track all the time, walkin home from school, just vibin

djskillz
12-09-2010, 02:43 PM
i remember being like 7 years old going to a shaggy concert and kardinal opened up for him. it was an outdoor event type thing and i could see behind the stage and that host from much vibe with the dreads was there lol. i always wondered what happened to that guy. much music is wack nowadays. anyone with cash can get their video on rap city lol.

THE MASON
12-09-2010, 03:03 PM
^lol i cant remember that dudes name but i know who you talkin about. i used to stay up all night just to check for Rap City. they used to play dope videos, that was the first time i saw the video for Triumph as well, at like 12am, real young and just being mind blown lol

Much Vibe was dope too, now its all crap on MuchMusic

UncontrolledSubstans
12-09-2010, 03:10 PM
I will check these cats out. Sounds great. Actually got the "Beat Factory Rap Essentials Volume 1" CD where all rappers are Canadian, right? Anyway, there is a lot of great tracks on that CD:

CgtiwAOliWE

TyJtjEtIC4E

NfDjWwNI_ag

TAURO
12-09-2010, 03:20 PM
I never checked for them back in the day. They are good though no doubt.

It has to be said though that the ninties was an extremely competetive time for hip hop acts, fans were just spoilt for choice. You can't fault anyone for not checking this canadian group at the time considering how much illnes was coming out in north america at around the same period.

djskillz
12-09-2010, 03:21 PM
^check out global warning and cash crop by the rascalz and exit by k-os. great albums.

THE MASON
12-09-2010, 04:12 PM
i dont fault anyone Don, im just sayin these cats emerged in that time when everything was dope, and it should be recognized imo.

plus, aint many canadian emcees rock it like the Rascalz. now we supply the world with pussy, fag boy artists.............

deeznutz1981
12-09-2010, 04:52 PM
89IS_TxejOI

^^^ This the GOAT Rascalz track. they used to be the shit! used to smoke mad week back in the day and bump Rascalz. other sick canadian hip hop artists (mostly 90's for me)

Kardinal
Choclair <------ ill
Ghetto Concept <------probably best canadian hip hop duo period
Saukrates
Citizen Kane
Solitare

AND

wait for it

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp233/Robert77562/2s78ikz.gif
Drake!!!!! :cheerlie:

Undiluted Karma
12-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Canadas most prominent hip hop group, these cats dropped classic joints in the 90s, this the shit i grew up listening to.

official b boy type shit, bangin beats and dope emceeing

Zt-HDunu8Dk

srs2UvukAjU
BANGIN JOINT... rockin with the legend Blastmaster KRS

PL3i7zfSonc
canadian ANTHEM in the day!

qfbPMdy4H4A

vintage hip hop straight out the cold north, droppin in the nineties with all the other classics, these cats rarely get the props they deserve.

938_eMbM6FM&NR

Briefly listen to the first track sounds quite good, what album it from, they remind me of Tek N Steele and BCC in general raw beats n rhymes.

and thats coming from UK lol

peace

deeznutz1981
12-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Briefly listen to the first track sounds quite good, what album it from, they remind me of Tek N Steele and BCC in general raw beats n rhymes.

and thats coming from UK lol

peace

Rascalz - Cash Crop

a seriously dope 90's hip hop album

deeznutz1981
12-09-2010, 05:11 PM
oTrSxV-YuVQ

sorry i just had too ^^^^

T-Dot stand the fuck up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FlamingSwordz
12-10-2010, 08:09 AM
Anyone remember when they were the Ragga Muffin' Rascalz? I've been trying to find a song they did waaaay back in the early 90's with some crazy horns and some dude in the chorus sayin something like "whats goin on in our society, whats goin on in this country.. whats on goin on?" man it's been around 15 years since I last heard it, I got it on cassette tape somewhere, but an MP3 would be better.

But yeah, Rascalz are or were dope, can't say I liked that whole Movie Star song and after that I got no idea what they've done. Most everything before that was pure fire though and highly recommended.

Speaking on Canadian groups, I don't think I saw anyone mention Shades of Culture..

Shades of Culture - Shine
eFzrf7lzEWU

9th Chamber
12-10-2010, 08:43 AM
For Canadian you just have to mention the pioneer...Maestro Fresh Wes!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzull7scV2Y

Let your backbone slide y'all!!

kurupt_kw
12-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Man I loved the Rascalz back in the day. However, my friend killed Northern Touch for me in highschool. I would get in his car and he would play it 20 times in a row. He was obsessed.

I can't remember what I was watching the other day, maybe Entourage? Northern Touch came on and it really took me back to remiscing about the good old days. I hadn't heard it in years.

Choclair, the Rascalz were the shit in the 90's.

I didn't really check for Saukrates but around 2002 I saw him open for Snoop and he put on an amazing show. He sounded great live.

deeznutz1981
12-10-2010, 06:03 PM
E0Vg3wwG0Ug

This track is a fuckin classic hands down

9th Chamber
12-10-2010, 10:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgLNOGXJpFw

Classic Canadian cut. Thrust - Rage

MENES
12-10-2010, 11:05 PM
yo that RAGE track was QUALITY man, thank you,

THE MASON
12-10-2010, 11:19 PM
seems this just turned into a tribute to canadian emcees from the 90s lol

Wol_hLlwDdg
1_WrYzlWzaA

9th Chamber
12-10-2010, 11:50 PM
^^ Nice!! I've never heard Ghetto Concept before. Have you guys heard DL Incognito from Ottawa? He's got a good album A Captured Moment In Time.

Dr Sleepwalker
12-11-2010, 12:20 AM
dude in my sig D-sisive is a great T.dot rapper. all his albums are dope. if ur not familiar, dig threw the net and get his material. has like 3 albums out

on a side not, that Choclair track that deeznuts posted is mad nice, and Rascalz have been dope, kool that they're gettin recognition on here

9th Chamber
12-11-2010, 10:16 PM
^lol i cant remember that dudes name but i know who you talkin about. i used to stay up all night just to check for Rap City. they used to play dope videos, that was the first time i saw the video for Triumph as well, at like 12am, real young and just being mind blown lol

Much Vibe was dope too, now its all crap on MuchMusic

There were 2 guys with dreads...Micheal Williams and Master T.

spiggity_ace
12-12-2010, 01:33 AM
damn i missed this thread, rascalz are the shit, they were doing that kung fu shit too in like 1992 , dj kemo makes the sickest beats i remember red 1 came out with a album a while back i never got to listen to it but that dem no worry me song was flames it was in madden too, theirs a lot of good rappers from canada, choclair, maestro, rascalz, kardy, sauk, k os is probably the best, oh and shad is insane as hell too
heres a dope cut by choclair produced by dj bless

JQwc7mowvdU

Www2_3h_XdU

choclair was a beast for a while i havent heard much new shit from him, i heard this story that he opened up at some club for rakim in LA and the whole crowd was goin crazy wen he was mcin.

kyEBCWvkizQ

hDFbVrdLu00

QMWJzKZIGFA

6t5l31IVkC4

everyone knows about knaan from the distant relatives album, this guys got some skills

check humble the poet out too hes ill

EvTNrHB4jZw

odwJmi3xOtI

djskillz
10-12-2011, 09:42 PM
bumpin this thread. been listenin to alot of kardinal lately.

xM8k1wdieOw

dMW6EW5hDcI

mljDpwrMCCU

THE MASON
10-12-2011, 11:24 PM
dude in my sig D-sisive is a great T.dot rapper. all his albums are dope. if ur not familiar, dig threw the net and get his material. has like 3 albums out

on a side not, that Choclair track that deeznuts posted is mad nice, and Rascalz have been dope, kool that they're gettin recognition on here

seen that D-sisive in Toronto live, he opened for the DOOM show. only one kid was hype lol

but he wasnt bad at all

good bump

i recently purchased a lot canadian emcees music. Choclair, Ghetto Concept, Thrust etc

diggy
10-13-2011, 01:02 AM
Only Canadian rapper I bought was Maestro. Saw most of those videos in this thread growing up, but neva bought it.