PDA

View Full Version : The Netflix Exchange

Visionz
12-09-2010, 11:39 PM
Post up movie recommendations if you've got a Netflix account. I watch documentaries galore on that joint.

Some of my favorites so far,

The Most Dangerous Man in America--story about a guy names Ellsburg, this one mans impact on the entire American experience was astonishing. Excellent direction to go with a amazing story that they'll never tell you in High School. A must watch.

South of the Border, Oliver Stone goes traveling through South America talking with leaders that demonized here such as Hugo Chavez amongst about six other Presidents. Very insightful.

I recently found the Samuraii 7, I haven't watched it yet but I've read about it being very influential to many people. Just gotta clear up the 3 or so hours for it :dududu:

LoTec
12-12-2010, 05:53 PM
I just watched a good doc called Tibet Cry of the Snow Lion, just giving a history of Tibet before and after the Chinese invasion. Lots of interviews with people that lived thru the wost times and people who can remember what life was like before the Chineses.

National Geographic: Moment of Death

This National Geographic documentary explores the physical and psychological changes experienced by the human body in the moments before and after death. When does a person really die, and what happens at that precise second when life ends? While the subject both frightens and fascinates, understanding both the science of death and the ways in which our bodies hold it off are key to understanding the complete cycle of human life.

Havent watched it yet, looks good tho.

Visionz
12-13-2010, 02:01 AM
^If you're into nature look for the 3-part series on Yellowstone, that's a magical place man. Covers an entire year, it gets so cold there in the winter that the moisture in the air freezes, looks like its snowing diamond flakes-its fucking badass but you'd have to sustain at -67 below if you wanna witness it personally :lmao: I don't know how the cameramen stand it

Mic Tyson
12-13-2010, 03:36 AM
yea ever since i got it on my xbox thats all ive been using it for, especially the tv shows. the only thing is there isn't as big of a selection so they mainly just have popular shit everybody knows about like

lost
the office
parking wars
family guy
man vs food

Dhani jones tackles the globe is also good too. its about the nfl player going around the world to play all different kinds of sports

they got a lot of good shows. as far as movies go, ive started watching the godfather trilogy.

a couple decent hip hop documentaries I saw was "letter to the president" "and the freshest kids: a history of bboy". they were both really good

food for thought
06-01-2011, 06:33 PM
bump

Mic Tyson
06-01-2011, 07:09 PM
FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS. One of the best shows ive watched

and as far as documentaires, for some reason lately i been real interested in north korea. theres a national geographic documentary on North Korea thats real interesting. "Seoul Train" is another good one

KZA
06-01-2011, 11:41 PM
this site should keep you up to date on whats new, whats coming and what was taken down

http://feedfliks.com/streaming

what are some good martial arts films on there?

SKAMPOE
06-02-2011, 01:01 AM
im running low on my instant que

been watching Lost

its cool

i prolly every thing good there is to watch

The Office is prolly my all time fav show ever

havent watched the last two seasons tho

i also watch alot of foreign films

watched a french film called Ricky

shit is craaazy

Bobby_Digital72
06-02-2011, 11:51 PM
i actually started watching the Black panther the animated series ..so far its seems pretty decent .. i dint knw it came out on BET back in 96 i think??

next 3/4 in the que:
Martial Arts Master: The Life of Bruce Lee
Afro Samurai season 1&2
Three Kingdoms

food for thought
06-06-2011, 07:36 AM
Ive been watching that too. lol @ him having the power of intelligence

also been watching the Shaka Zulu series

im running low on my instant que

been watching Lost

its cool

i prolly every thing good there is to watch

The Office is prolly my all time fav show ever

havent watched the last two seasons tho

i also watch alot of foreign films

watched a french film called Ricky

shit is craaazy

I watched The office straight for about a whole year last year.

The newest season sucks balls. there like 5 good episodes, the rest are all trash

If you like The office though, check out Parks and Rec. really funny.

I just watched Freakonomics last night. shit was pretty nice, they did a good job. u might wanna check it out

fatboybrandon
06-14-2011, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the movie recommendations, I haven't had the chance to rent movies online yet but this thread sparked my interest.

Here is a place online for free movies if you're interested: http://www.Freemoviehub.net

EAGLE EYE
06-27-2011, 11:56 PM
Transcendent Man

Which is a more watered down, simplified movie version of Ray Kurzweils's book 'The singularity is Near'

The book goes into extraordinary detail, and is very informative about biology, nano science and AI.

food for thought
06-28-2011, 12:02 AM
^nice

that movie actually caught my eye the other day on there

EAGLE EYE
06-28-2011, 12:55 AM
I think he released two movies about the subject. This one is OK but not as interesting sounding as the other I read about. Maybe it's still being made.

food for thought
07-06-2011, 12:13 AM
The Chaser.

Foreign film from Japan

Wath this right now if u havent seen it.

Sunz of Man
07-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Good TV Shows:

Parks & Recreation
Arrested Development
Party Down
South Park
Twin Peaks (just started it today and its kinda old school, seems like it could be good though)

Good Stand up:

Louis C.K.
(i'm sure there others, haven't looked too much into the stand up on netflix)

Good movies:

The Pianist
The Machinist
Pulp Fiction
Harsh Times

I'm blanking right now on other movies, will check the netflix later and see what i've been watching

As for documentaries, I saw one called the Wild and Crazy Whites or something like that. Was decent, about some crazy redneck family in west virginia. I also heard the Pixar documentary on there is badass.

For kung-fu, the only movies i've watched are Ip Man, Ong Bak 1 & 2, & Enter the Dragon

Olive Oil Goombah
07-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Transcendent Man

Which is a more watered down, simplified movie version of Ray Kurzweils's book 'The singularity is Near'

The book goes into extraordinary detail, and is very informative about biology, nano science and AI.

i shall check this out..

Man of Earth is a cool movie.

tekunique
07-09-2011, 06:11 PM
The Chaser.

Foreign film from Japan

Wath this right now if u havent seen it.

http://www.covershut.com/cd_covers/The-Chaser-2008-Cd-Cover-1651.jpg

if youre talking about this its actually from S.Korea. pretty dope flick.

food for thought
11-30-2011, 08:39 PM
^thats what i was talking about

bump bros

tekunique
11-30-2011, 08:45 PM
^thats what i was talking about

bump bros

word..lol

i recently watched "No Mercy" on Netflix. shit was tight... good twist in it as well.. check it..

Lex Lugor
02-21-2012, 12:00 AM
Insane foreign films-
Kagemusha
13 Assasins
Gommorah
Mother
The Man From Nowhere

Tv-
Psych
Man Vs Food
Man Vs Wild