PDA

View Full Version : Slaine almost cries on the radio

Shoeshiner
12-11-2010, 04:28 PM
http://conspiracyworldwide.podomatic.com/entry/index/2010-12-11T05_07_56-08_00

he is discussing having to redo his whole album because of bootleggers and sample clearance

powerful shit

MaskedAvenger
12-12-2010, 04:20 AM
How long does it go for?

fatboybrandon
12-12-2010, 09:29 AM
The interview is about 20 minutes. It's interesting to hear his true feelings about dealing with marketing and supporting himself as an indie artist today. He doesn't sound too happy about it, he's someone who enjoys the music making part more than anything.

I feel his pain because he mentions that all the damn downloading takes money from him and food out of his child's mouth. I do what I can to encourage people to buy independent Hip Hop. Q-Unique and Vinnie Paz expressed their feelings about that on the show too.

That radio show is usually good for giving the indie, up and coming acts a venue to voice their true feelings about Hip Hop and life.

angry!
12-12-2010, 10:30 AM
man that was some real shit...

slaine is that dude man...

doesnt get half the props he deserves, hes dead on with what he said...

if he dropped in the mid 90's hed be one of the biggest names out...

cuz his skillset is ridiculous, he got a story, and hes a reflection of his environment!!!!!!!!!!!

i downloaded a world with no skies, and its dope debut album... hes droppin as a complete artist, hes polished talent...

so many emcees drop today, before theyre ready... youll see the potential... but they have a ways to go...

slaine been ready...

welcome to label hell and industry bullshit 101...

still sapping the life outta art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slaine got a strong team, between la coka and special teamz, vets that been through the BS and know how to work around it... plus slaine getting movie money, hell be fine!!!!!!!!!!

Mic Tyson
12-12-2010, 08:35 PM
how was slaine's new album that got bootlegged? i heard him on that u god album and he was nice

Frank Sobotka
12-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Buying albums is a thing of the past.
You don't buy music any more to be able to listen to the product you buy music because you heard the product and appreciate it enough to show the artist support.

Mic Tyson
12-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Buying albums is a thing of the past.
You don't buy music any more to be able to listen to the product you buy music because you heard the product and appreciate it enough to show the artist support.

+rep

the only reason i do it

Mr. R&B
12-12-2010, 09:19 PM
how was slaine's new album that got bootlegged? i heard him on that u god album and he was nice

Incredibly dope, a very soild and cohesive album.

DL that motherfucker....NOW!!!

As a matter of fact, I'm gonna crank that shit up and zone out.

Mr. R&B
12-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Yeah, I thought the album would end up being re-done.

The version out now is insane, I hope the revised album is close to the same level.

CEITEDMOFO
12-12-2010, 09:28 PM
IF I WAS A WACK WHITE EMCee LIKE SLAIN I WOULD CRY TOO

Mr. R&B
12-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Boo this man.

main_man
12-12-2010, 11:55 PM
IF I WAS A WACK WHITE EMCee LIKE SLAIN I WOULD CRY TOO

skin tone be damned, slaine is a dope mc PERIOD.
the albums tight as is. hope it only gets better with the revamps.

and you should cry because your a forum trolling closet case. bitch with a keyboard.

MaskedAvenger
12-12-2010, 11:59 PM
He has nothing to complain about really, underground MC's have it better than they ever have.

BIG D O
12-13-2010, 01:30 AM
Slaine is the man....have spoken to him on Twitter before at length and he's a down to earth, cool cat...

above all else though, homie is fucking talented....mad talented....