PDA

View Full Version : Are all the beats from Celph-Titled album all jacked from 90's rap songs??

MAYOR QUIMBY
12-11-2010, 11:46 PM
God damn his album "Nineteen Ninety-Now" is amazing. It literally sounds like it was unearthed from a time capsule in the 90's. Are those beats from old 90's songs I've never heard or are they all new and original??

mAlAkAz
12-12-2010, 02:34 AM
the beats were made in the 90's by buckwild but nobody ever rapped over them. expect to hear more concepts like this in 2011

Lex Lugor
12-12-2010, 04:06 AM
Hmmm sounds interesting.. Might have to look into this.

claaa7
12-12-2010, 04:47 AM
best album of the year

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-12-2010, 05:42 AM
^^^^^^^yup

I really hope Buckwild makes an album with Apathy.

Djaminha
12-12-2010, 10:33 AM
^^^^^^^yup

I really hope Buckwild makes an album with Apathy.
Yeah that would be great.

Although I heard recently that premo will be producing a couple of tracks for ap's new album which is great news :mmmyah:

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-12-2010, 07:49 PM
^^^^*drops his jaw*

Finally, right?

Djaminha
12-12-2010, 07:57 PM
^^^^*drops his jaw*

Finally, right?
DX: Now you know I gotta ask about the Premo stuff, since you leaked that out through Twitter (http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.13170/title.apathy-confirms-production-from-dj-premier-da-beatminerz-on-honkey-kong). First, how in the world did you get Premo to lace you for the new album? I’m always hearing his line to get beats is a mile long.
Apathy: I met [DJ Premier] on several occasions and he showed love. And one of the last times I saw him, almost a year ago to this date actually, he was deejaying in Providence, Rhode Island. And I went up there, and Preme showed me mad love and said he had been playing my “Shoot First” (http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/audio/id.8718) http://cdn.hiphopdx.com/images/play_button_article_blk.gif joint with B-Real [over] a Mike Shinoda (http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/interviews/id.489/title.fort-minor-remember-the-name) beat, and Celph Titled on that. He said he had been spinning it at a show, and he loved that record. And he asked me, he’s like, “Yo, when are we doing a record?” And I was like, “Are you fuckin’ kidding me? C’mon, let’s do it.” So him and I hadn’t talked for a minute [after that]. Then I told DJ Eclipse, “Next time you see Preme, tell him I wanna do a joint.” So Eclipse facilitated that whole thing. And Premier was like, “Of course, man, let’s go…” And then we just started the process, we started the ball rolling. We got all the business squared away and we’re ready to go.

DX: Did y’all work together in the studio, or was it an email thing?
Apathy: It hasn’t even started yet. Preme made the beat, but it’s definitely gonna be an email thing. Preme’s so busy, and I’m so busy up here with just regular life shit, that – Those days are very rare when you actually go up in the studio with somebody.

dd

Mr. R&B
12-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Oh fuck yeah!!!!!!

Apathy over Premier beats will be Earth-shattering.

MaskedAvenger
12-13-2010, 12:41 AM
I cant believe these beats were collecting dust for over a decade

GhettoGnom
12-13-2010, 04:23 AM
I cant believe these beats were collecting dust for over a decade

Word

Although I heard recently that premo will be producing a couple of tracks for ap's new album which is great news :mmmyah:
^O^

Damn, Muggs, Evidence, Premier & Beatminerz?!? Definitely looking forward to the next Ap album now!!

MAYOR QUIMBY
12-13-2010, 09:41 PM
Damn, just imagine all those other beats collecting dust in producer's basements that were never used. Props for all the info.

claaa7
12-14-2010, 05:05 AM
for anyone who liked this y'all need to check out the double album Buckwild released in 2007 called "Diggin' in the Crates: Rare Studio Masters". it features tracks that he produced between 1993 and 1997 and they are in the same lane as the Celph Titled beats, no doubt.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
12-14-2010, 07:44 AM
Apathy is a faggot.

JASPER BEARDLY
12-14-2010, 08:32 AM
he doesn't cut himself tho

issues
12-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Apathy is a faggot.

and next week..

hes your favorite..

Tecknowledgist
12-14-2010, 07:13 PM
Apathy is a faggot.

remember that time you made another account and then dissed your first one immediately so that people would actually take you seriously for once?

remember that time you slit your wrists and then posted about it on a website forum wherever everybody hates you?

remember that?

good times

Mr. R&B
12-14-2010, 11:00 PM
^Hahahahahaha...

Kid got sonned.

whitey
12-14-2010, 11:34 PM
i dont buy that bullshit "premier is getting a beat on the album."

how many fucking albums claim they are getting a premo track on it and actually get it? everyone seems to say the shit but i rarely see them.

Mr. R&B
12-14-2010, 11:49 PM
I hope this trend continues.

Aquiring a compilation of unused 90's beats from East Coast producers would unleash the dormant beast in alot of MCs.

I'm looking forward to that Freddie Foxxx album with unused Preemo beats.

Hip-Hop has come full-circle IMO.

Artists with integrity and a love for the culture are creating amazing material.

Fuck the radio!

Nuttkase
12-15-2010, 01:17 AM
real dope album!!!!!

claaa7
12-15-2010, 05:58 AM
it's great to see some of these producer virtuosos bring out their unreleased '90s material and create fresh classics with it. come to think about it, Pete Rock did a kinda similair thing with "Petestrumentals" where the beats were unreleased stuff from between 1991 and 1995. that album was mostly instrumental but still, that's one of my favorite Pete Rock albums of all time - maybe thee favorite.

i hope Freddie Foxxx goes through with that album w. the Premier beats, i think he's rhymed on like 20 Preemo produced tracks over the years (solo or as guest) and he always sounds great. only thing is that Foxxx rarely releases anything, "Amerikan Black Man" has been in the works for years, years and years and he's said he will release albums produced by DJ Premier, one with Pete Rock and one together with KRS-One.... but he did release "Crazy Like A Foxxx" (banger) so there's hope.

Undiluted Karma
12-15-2010, 06:23 AM
Apathy is a faggot.

Flash forward one week:

Apathy is amazing better than that faggot Nas.

Durag
12-15-2010, 06:44 AM
I still have to pick up this album.

Amazon.co.uk have it advertised with an Evil Pimp album cover. Don't wanna pay for it and to get an Evil Pimp album in the post lol.

angry!
12-15-2010, 08:36 AM
it's great to see some of these producer virtuosos bring out their unreleased '90s material and create fresh classics with it. come to think about it, Pete Rock did a kinda similair thing with "Petestrumentals" where the beats were unreleased stuff from between 1991 and 1995. that album was mostly instrumental but still, that's one of my favorite Pete Rock albums of all time - maybe thee favorite.

i hope Freddie Foxxx goes through with that album w. the Premier beats, i think he's rhymed on like 20 Preemo produced tracks over the years (solo or as guest) and he always sounds great. only thing is that Foxxx rarely releases anything, "Amerikan Black Man" has been in the works for years, years and years and he's said he will release albums produced by DJ Premier, one with Pete Rock and one together with KRS-One.... but he did release "Crazy Like A Foxxx" (banger) so there's hope.

pete rock could definitely get somethin like this together...

hes sitting on BEATS from 15 years ago...

works like an animal...

always in the lab....

you KNOW pete got joints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey.. to continue the trend...

maybe pete gives the nod to buck, and gives a batch of beats to APATHY!!!!!!!!!

APATHY and pete have a conncetion... i remember when AP was on ATLANTIC, he recorded with pete, but nothin ever came out... and pete gave the beat to EDO g!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in fact, i think i heard celph.. talkin about that session, where it actually inspired him to see what kinda 90's heat niggas were sitting on, after he saw pete had unreleased 90's remixes laying around!!!!!!!!!!!

its a refreshing concept, battle the clock type shit... its gotta happen more, and i think it will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaskedAvenger
12-15-2010, 08:46 AM
Yeah these concepts are dope, Prince Paul has something similar coming out too which you know will be nice. I gotta dig the interview up.

Rame
02-10-2011, 06:22 PM
I've been sleeping on this album. Haven't really checked for Celph Titled before but I must say this sounds incredible. Only track I'm not feeling is ''Miss Those Days''.

90's beats. :hooray:

RynMur
02-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Favorite underground album of the year. Definitely need to get this on vinyl.

Still like Distant Relatives & How I Got Over more though.

GhettoGnom
02-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Apathy is a faggot.

lol

A legendary faggot though, right?