PDA

View Full Version : DJ Premier: New Gang Starr Album And DVD In The Works

Jammin
12-13-2010, 04:43 AM
http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2010/12/11/22524589.aspx

(AllHipHop News) DJ Premier is putting together a new Gang Starr album with his late rap partner Keith Guru Elam.

The celebrated DJ said that hes assembled music and Guru verses from all over the world and it enabled the posthumous album to be made.

There are guys in Europe who say that they have seven or eight, he told XXLmag.com. Its songs he did with them and they never finished it and they said I can have them. They reached out and were like, As long as youre doing it. You can have the vocals. They are all brand new, from like a year and a half ago. I listened to them and Ill make them shits sound like we were together. Well, we will be together because spiritually, hes with me for the rest of my life.

Preemo also said there will be a DVD with exclusive archival footage of Gang Starr, a group that got its start in the 80's.

I have footage from the very first show we ever performed, he revealed. It was Ice-T, Queen Latifah and Monie Love. She was in the bathroom nervous trying to remember her rhymes for Ladies First. Special Ed told her it would be ok and then Monie Love killed it. It was us, Tribe, Latifah and then Ice-T. Ice T introduced me to a DAT machine. I was like, Wow. This was 1989. I have that tape.

Im putting together a Gang Starr DVD because Ive been filming since 1989, he continued. I did all the filming until 1993. Then I started bringing guys with me. I have hundreds and hundreds of tapes of me and Guru arguing in the airport. Him and Shug fighting. Guru tried fighting everyone. Now, you look at it and its like, Damn, I miss that.

MaskedAvenger
12-13-2010, 06:17 AM
Can't wait to see that DVD

J-Cee
12-13-2010, 06:58 AM
goood news

angry!
12-13-2010, 07:05 AM
thats cool...

hopefully primo isnt just talkin...

cuz i wanna hear that remixed gangstarr album!!!!!!!!!!!!!

niggas hate cuz solar is a punk, theyll say guru fell off lyrically...

if you peeped any of the albums he did with solar, youd know that wasnt the case!!!!!!!!!!!

g was spittin at an elite level up until the day he died!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im sure itll be a bunch of dickriders revising history yet again, if this drops...

but hey... thats life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DVD/CD + a tour + throw some money at gurus son = GOTTA HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!

preem got a lot on his plate, and he keeps throwin more shit on it... always had a big mouth... nigga cant keep a secret for shit!!!!!!!!!!

he already let the cat out the bag and said he was doin joints with GZA and SHEEK LOUCH for the primo VS pete album...

Inspektah Meth-Tical
12-13-2010, 07:28 AM
angry! shut your mouth faggot.

Primo needs to do an album with NaS if he wants to keep his legacy alive. Guru didn't like Primo, Guru wudn't want Primo doing this.

Jammin
12-13-2010, 07:40 AM

Primo needs to do an album with NaS if he wants to keep his legacy alive. Guru didn't like Primo, Guru wudn't want Primo doing this.

if you believe guru wrote that letter then you're an idiot

J-Cee
12-13-2010, 07:42 AM
guru didn't like premo?..lol,fuck drugs are u on man? don't tell me you believe that shit..?

duotone
12-13-2010, 07:43 AM
looking forward fot this one...

premo gza collabo is mentioned too...

J-Cee
12-13-2010, 07:43 AM
and primo will never fall off..how long has he been doin this shit for?hes still as dope as he ever was,his catalogs ridiculous.

duotone
12-13-2010, 09:22 AM
he's my fav. producer next to rza...

angry!
12-13-2010, 09:28 AM

i thought you killed yourself...

dont make me show your teacher aide the thread you made about cutting yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!

theyll have you thrown in a rubber room, and autistic posting patterns will be a thing of the past!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how many log ins do you have on the internet?!?!!?!?!?!?

im guessing 100's...

ive seen you carry on conversations with yourself, under different log ins.... posting from the same IP...

and you think youre slick.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

seriously are you in assisted living?!!?!?!!?!?

there are centers around the world that assist people with brain injuries, and help them carry on with their day to day activities... id tell you to look into it, but i have a feeling youve already been enrolled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deeznutz1981
12-13-2010, 11:45 AM

http://implied.facepalm.de/facepalm_implied.jpg

Jin10304
12-13-2010, 05:04 PM
"he already let the cat out the bag and said he was doin joints with GZA and SHEEK LOUCH for the primo VS pete album"

When did Premier ever say anything about Sheek being on the VS Album?

claaa7
12-13-2010, 05:36 PM
according to the Premier blog Sheek, GZA and The Beatnuts has been revealed and now Pete has mentioned Rapper Big Pooh..

Jin10304
12-13-2010, 05:45 PM
/\ and CL Smooth for his half...

So Premo has GZA, Sheek Louch & The Beatnuts..
Pete has Big Pooh & CL Smooth (insta-win right there)

CharlesJones
12-18-2010, 11:46 AM
I'm looking forward to hearing this album and seeing the dvd. I wonder why Guru was so hostile. I say that because Premier said him and Guru argued several times. I understand people are gonna argue sometimes because people don't always agree about some things. I think Guru would've been ok with Premier releasing this stuff. I know they had some differences and that sucks because they were a great group and it would've been nice if they had done some more albums before Guru died. If Guru didn't write that letter to Premier before he died, then Solar is a faggot for writing that letter and trying to get them to stop dealing with each other.

Jin10304
12-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Solar wrote it, those arent Guru's last words

duotone
12-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Solar wrote it, those arent Guru's last words
yo... im sure too that solar wrote it...
you cant hate on the person who walked the same path of the beginning of your carrer...
same like the generals could/should never be mad at the rza...

muscularghandi
12-19-2010, 08:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPIqBapkvGk

claaa7
12-19-2010, 10:06 AM
this is great news if it actually materialized but tbh i don't believe it until i have it my hands (i'd be the first to support if this actually went down). but it just feels Preem got a whole lot of shit on his plate right now, "Year Round Records" compilation was promoted as dropping on the 7th then it turns out that was only on iTunes and hopefully we will get a physical copy in January. then he got the NYGz album, Nick Javas, MC Eith and Khaleel that's waiting patiently to drop. but we will see, i really hope so!