PDA

View Full Version : one of the STRANGEST releases of all time.... AZ DOE OR DIE 15th ANNI EDITION.. WTF!?

angry!
12-14-2010, 02:06 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/514PA-Usc%2BL._SS500_.jpg

WTF IS THIS SHIT?!!?!?!?!?!?

2010 GIMME YOURS cover version over INFERIOR beat, and no nas?!!?!?!?!? WTF!??!?!?!!?!?!

RATHER UNIQUE REMAKE over soulless, plastic, 15 minute beat?!!?!?!?!?!?!!? WTF?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?

HOW you gonna throw out a retail album....

titled DOE OR DIE 15 ANNI EDITION.... remake HALF the original album, over weaker beats with less energy...

and NOT INCLUDE THE ORIGINAL ALBUM?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

the new cuts are pretty ill actually....

but its thrown together with bullshit remakes that make you MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Intro (15 Years)
2. Rather Unique
3. Feel My Pain
4. Give Me (What U Cant Get Back)
5. Nothing Move
6. Mo Money Mo Murder
7. The Wake
8. Your World Dont Stop
9. I'm Ill
10. Sugar Hill

how you gonna charge money for that!?!?!?!?!?!

i wonder if RAKIM is gonna drop PAID IN FULL 2010 version...

and redo PAID IN FULL...

over a statik selektah throwaway!!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!!?!?

OOOO MANNNNN....

AZ FUCKED UP WITH THIS SHIT...

hope he got a deal lined up with another label for DOD 2 cuz this shit gonna be a melt down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAURO
12-14-2010, 02:22 PM
I thought it was just a reissue, it's a what?...I remixed version?

angry!
12-14-2010, 02:32 PM
I thought it was just a reissue, it's a what?...I remixed version?

the tracklist i posted is fucked up...

its half new tracks...

half REMIXED doe or die tracks...

where AZ relaid vocals over weaker beats....

puzzling!!!!!!!!!!

AZ sounding BORED as fuck rappin RATHER UNIQUE to a throway beat... soulless!!!!!!!!!!!!

BULLSHIT JOINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the original DOE OR DIE... is not included!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"IMA REMAKE RATHER UNIQUE OVER ONE OF YOUR CHEAPEST BEATS STATIK"

ONE OF THE WORST MOVES EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

benzo
12-14-2010, 03:32 PM
some faggot posted an interview with AZ on here a couple months back... he was talking about this release and i remember thinking to myself, "this is going to be a clusterfuck". AZ sounded so lost..like he had no idea what to do with DOE2 or what to put out. what a fuckin wasted opportunity.

main_man
12-14-2010, 04:40 PM
lol. i gotta disagree on this one.
are the beats as good as "doe or die"? no
is this project still good? HELL YES IT IS!!

i think its really more of a reminder than anything else. but im biased, cause AZ is in my top 10 mcs of all time. he kills this shit, for real.
yes, it bullshit that this is coming out by itself (at least include the original album with remixes). but its still better than 95% of recent hip hop albums that dropped.
if your a AZ fan you gotta give it a listen.

zooruka
12-14-2010, 05:57 PM
lol. i gotta disagree on this one.
are the beats as good as "doe or die"? no
is this project still good? HELL YES IT IS!!

i think its really more of a reminder than anything else. but im biased, cause AZ is in my top 10 mcs of all time. he kills this shit, for real.
yes, it bullshit that this is coming out by itself (at least include the original album with remixes). but its still better than 95% of recent hip hop albums that dropped.
if your a AZ fan you gotta give it a listen.

Yeah I agree AZ is nice with it.

He is definitely the best m.c to come outta B.K

peace

12-14-2010, 06:34 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahaha what... The... Fuck...

Tecknowledgist
12-14-2010, 07:06 PM
some faggot posted an interview with AZ on here a couple months back... he was talking about this release and i remember thinking to myself, "this is going to be a clusterfuck". AZ sounded so lost..like he had no idea what to do with DOE2 or what to put out. what a fuckin wasted opportunity.

that's the first thing i thought of too

interviewer: "why don't you put on some unreleased joints that never made the original album? i know you're sitting on some"

az: "yeah see thats a good idea! i never thought of that. i don't know what to do, i need somebody like you giving me advice"

fuckin meatball.

deeznutz1981
12-14-2010, 07:33 PM
i couldn't agree more with this thread i heard about and then actually heard this release and just kind of erased everything i had ever learned or wasted time over about it lol. the worst part is this shit is a digital release only which makes it worse than actually fucking children. but seriously statik selektah is a tight producer but nowhere near the calibur of any of the original producers on Doe or Die part 1

AZ coming across as broke and desperate right now

Djaminha
12-14-2010, 07:50 PM
So is this doe or die 2? Or is that a different thing

ALCATRAZ
12-14-2010, 08:07 PM
az just wants some money lololol

Taskmaster2112
12-14-2010, 08:47 PM
So is this doe or die 2? Or is that a different thing

this album is not Doe or Die 2. that record is coming next year.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-14-2010, 08:57 PM
yeah but according to the wiki article it's compilation opposed to an rerelease, it's also a more tribute album to the original can't fault AZ for trying something different thou

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-14-2010, 08:59 PM
lol

claaa7
12-15-2010, 07:44 AM
i liked this for what it was, i see it as a gift from AZ to his long-time fans. it's not a physical release at all so the actual CD doesn't exist, this is more like a prequel to "Doe Or Die II" or a bridge between the original and that if you will. if he had released the original album with original artwork and this as a bonus CD i would've bought it tho cuz i lost my CD a long time ago... none of the remixes are as good as the original mixes but it shows that the lyrics on that LP are timeless; 15 year old vocals over 2010 beats and it comes out sounding fresh. I really liked "Gimme Yours 2010" - Lil' Fame's flip was creative, making the song much more rugged than the OG (not as good tho of course). Baby Paul's track was ill as well.

the 4-5 new songs on there was nice tho, i think it shows promise for the upcoming "Doe Or Die" and it plays good in the form of an EP.

issues
12-15-2010, 07:49 AM
has anybody ever even bought a digital release?..

angry!
12-15-2010, 08:10 AM
THIS IS A PHYSICAL RELEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can go into a record store and snatch it off the shelf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

which is why its one of THE STRANGEST RETAIL DROPS IVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

projects like this do nothin but fuck up an artists sales history....

compilation, somethin new.... whatever...

its EMBARRASSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe O.C. is planning on remaking HALF of word... life over inferior beats with less energy!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

ima huge AZ fan, but im callin BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

nigga been striking out everytime up after THE FORMAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why not throw just drop DOE OR DIE plus the bonus cuts!?!?!?!?!?!?!

because this nigga AZ is covering his own catalog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

like hes incapable of droppin new shit...

but we know thats not the case, cuz his new shit pops...

so AZ really just fuckin around, dropping bullshit joints!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe pharoahe monch is gonna remake half of internal affairs, over some free beats?!!??!!?!?

i cant believe he was able to fool someone into puttin this album on the shelf...

az: "nah its not a rerelease, you see, ima rap my old records, with less flair, and style, over weaker beats, and throw it together with some new joints... yeah, im thinkin 5 new joints and 5 remakes... wanna make that paper papi?!?!!?!?!?"

label head: "you got it A... you got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

i might make this a pity cop, cuz i seen it in the store and downloaded it after to see what the deal was...

NOT GOOD!!!!!!!!!

issues
12-15-2010, 08:29 AM
haha.. physical copies..?!

AZ fucked up with this one..

jN9h2FIou_U

claaa7
12-15-2010, 04:26 PM
THIS IS A PHYSICAL RELEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can go into a record store and snatch it off the shelf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

which is why its one of THE STRANGEST RETAIL DROPS IVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

projects like this do nothin but fuck up an artists sales history....

compilation, somethin new.... whatever...

its EMBARRASSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe O.C. is planning on remaking HALF of word... life over inferior beats with less energy!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

ima huge AZ fan, but im callin BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

hahah oh shit i didn't realize this was an actual release he expected people to support. this is exactly the type of shit you gave away for free to your fans as promo for your upcoming REAL project or as you say throw in as a bonus disc to your re-release (like Nas did with the 10 year anniversary of "Illmatic").. he can't be serious in expecting anyone to buy this though. smh - and throwing a live track on there can be dope but when the sound quality is so bad you can't even catch a melody it's a bad move no matter how you look at it.

issues
12-16-2010, 04:27 AM
(like Nas did with the 10 year anniversary of "Illmatic")..

thats what i thought it would have been..

Original album remastered..

with bonus disc of various unreleased / remixed / whatever..