PDA

View Full Version : You Know You're New School If...

Trill
10-15-2005, 07:14 PM
if ya thought "KRS-One" was an AM radio station.

if ya thought "3rd Bass" had to do with baseball.
\

if ya thought "Special Ed" was a school program.

if ya thought "Too Short" was a midget.

if ya thought "The Jungle Brother's" were Amazonian.

if ya thought "Gang Starr" promoted & excelled in violence.

if ya thought "3 Feet High & Rising" was in reference to growin' toddler'z.

if ya thought "The Pharcyde" was a scrapbook of comic stripz.

if ya thought "EPMD" was a defunct clothin' line.

if ya think T.I. even believez he has talent.

if ya thought Russell Simmons made his mark with HBO'z "Def Poetry Jam."

if ya thought Game was in "N.W.A".

if ya thought "Big L" defined catostrophic loss.

if ya thought "Spice 1" was a kitchen ingredient.

if ya thought "Masta Ace" was a master poker player.

if ya thought "Digable Planets" was a show on Discovery Channel

if ya think Kanye West'z beatz are original.

if ya thought "Black Moon" was somethin' biblical.

if ya thought Cam'ron coined "Paid In Full".

if ya thought the "Sugarhill Gang" kicked in Candyland.

if ya thought "Whodini" was a dead magician.

if ya down with G-Funk & don't know who Bootsy is.

if ya thought "Quik" was colored milk.

if ya thought "Eiht" was a typo.

Add On

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-15-2005, 07:26 PM
lol at the game and masta ace one. and the digable planets.

The Gang Starr one raises a good point though, i get so pissed off when i mention them to New Schoolers who dont know who the fuck they are, they get the wrong impression. I once knew a kid who brought the fucking Gang Starr double CD thinkin it was gonna be like NWA or some shit, and when he heard it he took it back to the shop!!

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
10-15-2005, 07:33 PM
:lmao: nice someone post more

oldie
10-15-2005, 07:34 PM
^^^ahahaha at the kid thinkin Gang Starr was gunna b like NWA...and he works that out how? i taught myself who's who in hip-hop, difference between new & old. but the Kanye West beats one could be controversial! some people think he's doing it all new etc. i dont see a difference between him & the next producer.

Grim Reapa
10-15-2005, 07:37 PM
If you think Inspectah Deck had his neck broken

OnlyBuilt4PuertoRicanLinx
10-15-2005, 07:41 PM
you know your new school when you think "tupac shakur" is a jewish holiday.

Create
10-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Ahhhh ^^ I Heard That So Many Times

Shaolin Warrior
10-16-2005, 01:17 AM
LMAO

A girl in school actually asked me and my friend once if Game was from NWA. LOL

10-16-2005, 06:39 AM
i heard a muthafucka say, "yo, who's that new kid G-Unit wants to sign? " (Kool G Rap)

....................... its all shit

cap
10-16-2005, 07:44 AM
Yo That Big L One Wasn't Funny...
HE WAS A BIG LOSS

MAYBE I DIDN'T GET THE JOKE...

LetsGetFree
10-16-2005, 10:28 AM
True.

i heard a muthafucka say, "yo, who's that new kid G-Unit wants to sign? " (Kool G Rap)

....................... its all shit
Did you punch him in the fucking throat?

baby jesus
10-16-2005, 10:31 AM
If You Think Rakim's Debut Was On That Truth Hurts Song Addicted

shadowboxin
10-16-2005, 10:40 AM
You know your new school if you think nas stands for National Academy of Sciences.

KBOS
10-16-2005, 11:13 AM
you know you're new school if:

- you think mobb deep is a new group signed by G-unit

- you think wu tang is a chinese rap group

- you think you're repping houston hard with your mike jones and paul wall but you never heard of geto boys

- you think young jeezy has talent

- you think lil kim looked like she does now when she did her first album

- you think album sales make an rapper good or not

- you think hey ya was the best outkast song of all time

- you think speakerboxxx/the love below was the first outkast album

10-16-2005, 12:57 PM
- you think wu tang is a chinese rap group
lmfao, some girl really thought that,because me and my boy was talking about them,and she goes isnt that a soft drink? like kool-aid? but its orange? and they used to have the commerical with monkeys on it,lmao,she was thinking of the soft drink "tang".....

http://kraftfoods.com/images/ocpimages/43000/10393CF.gif

and we was dyin, and i was like nah kid, there rappers, and she goes there asian?? and i was like omfg, let me go inside and bring you their cd's, so i got all my wu tang cd's and showed her, and she listened to "the W", because it was one of the recent cd's and i figured she would like it, and she heard "gravel pit",and was like OOOO!! i remember these guys, there 1 hit wonders, why are you talking about them? they debuted in 2000 and never came back,and i was like omffg!!! kid they been around since 1993, and i showed her "36 chambers" and she was like oh shit!! there ol skool rappers? and i go yeah, but there underground now, and she goes why?? were they that bad? and i go there not bad, they just dont want to make club bangers and commercial music because thats not them. and i had to descrive to her how mainstream doesnt want to have music with postive messages and why she only hears club bangers and shit on the radio,and she heard my wu cd's, and she liked them, and said there needz to be more rappers out like that out now. and they need to make more cd's, because there isnt that much good music out now. finally a girl understands underground music,lol.

Grim Reapa
10-16-2005, 01:56 PM
If you think "Damn it feels good to be a gangster" was made by Snoop Dogg

shaolin swords
10-16-2005, 02:06 PM
You think Biggie Smalls is a Dave Chapele (spell check) joke

oldie
10-16-2005, 02:14 PM
lmfao, some girl really thought that,because me and my boy was talking about them,and she goes isnt that a soft drink? like kool-aid? but its orange? and they used to have the commerical with monkeys on it,lmao,she was thinking of the soft drink "tang".....

http://kraftfoods.com/images/ocpimages/43000/10393CF.gif

and we was dyin, and i was like nah kid, there rappers, and she goes there asian?? and i was like omfg, let me go inside and bring you their cd's, so i got all my wu tang cd's and showed her, and she listened to "the W", because it was one of the recent cd's and i figured she would like it, and she heard "gravel pit",and was like OOOO!! i remember these guys, there 1 hit wonders, why are you talking about them? they debuted in 2000 and never came back,and i was like omffg!!! kid they been around since 1993, and i showed her "36 chambers" and she was like oh shit!! there ol skool rappers? and i go yeah, but there underground now, and she goes why?? were they that bad? and i go there not bad, they just dont want to make club bangers and commercial music because thats not them. and i had to descrive to her how mainstream doesnt want to have music with postive messages and why she only hears club bangers and shit on the radio,and she heard my wu cd's, and she liked them, and said there needz to be more rappers out like that out now. and they need to make more cd's, because there isnt that much good music out now. finally a girl understands underground music,lol.
wow, well done, bet it took a lot explainin, the difference between underground and mainstream and what mainstream is about and not having messages.
hopefully spawned a new wu-tang fan.

oldie
10-16-2005, 02:15 PM
- you don't know who the fuck Ol Dirty Bastard/O.D.B is/was!!! sick of people been like "who?"

no matter which way i put it, O'l Dirty Bastard, O.D.B...makes no difference they still like "who?"

b-dolo
10-16-2005, 02:21 PM
if ya think T.I. even believez he has talent

Funny thing is that T.I. is better than most of all the new rappers coming out today, back in the day he would have been just average

10-16-2005, 03:17 PM
- you don't know who the fuck Ol Dirty Bastard/O.D.B is/was!!! sick of people been like "who?"

no matter which way i put it, O'l Dirty Bastard, O.D.B...makes no difference they still like "who?"
they only know ODB as "the guy that died". most younginz are fuckin stupid now in dayz.

oldie
10-16-2005, 03:42 PM
they only know ODB as "the guy that died". most younginz are fuckin stupid now in dayz.
no m8 thats what im sayin, they don't even know he's dead. im like, "come on, you know ODB, member of the wu, did 'Got Your Money w/ kelis'"..."nope, don't know him, never heard it" - then im finkin "AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!"

brown_dogg
10-16-2005, 06:09 PM
you know you're new school if you think Ghostface is your bud's halloween costume.

you know you're new school if you think Nas gives your car a turbo boost.

you know you're new school when you try to buy Canibus in dime bags.

you know you're new school if you think Pharoahe Monch has a mummy's curse.

you know you're new school if you think GZA is the act of jizzing on someone.

you know you're new school if you think De La Soul is french.

you know you're new school if you think Jedi Mind Tricks stars Darth Vader.

you know you're new school if Killah Priest made you terrified of goin to your temple.