PDA

View Full Version : 1 minute clip showing EXACTLY why MUGGS is one of the GOATs!!!!!!!!!!!!

angry!
12-15-2010, 07:46 AM
hGyJzXu53Zg

scrapped scene from rhyme and reason...

one of the dopest hip hop movies ever...

if yall never seen it...

follow this link when you got some time...

QpJqJHOPm6o

MUGGS still just as ill now, his formula is tried and tested!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Z_295-nUh4I

i used to have sermon neck and neck with MUGGS, but MUGGS just kept dropping heat and never got cold... realistically, one of the most consistent producers ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaskedAvenger
12-15-2010, 07:50 AM
Oh shiiiit. Good looking, I've never seen this clip. Muggs is definitely one of the best, he was the first producer who got me to appreciate the production side of hip hop back in the early 90's.

NIGHT MAYOR
12-15-2010, 07:52 AM
i have listened to cypress hill since i was like 11 n shit no lie, my 14 yr old dog is named muggs - duke would be my number 1 producer :mexico:

angry!
12-15-2010, 08:02 AM
MUGGS is gangsta too...

never had to do any sellout shit...

does what he wants...

doesnt feel any pressure, drops projects he wants to make whenever he feels like it...

dont get it fucked up though... MUGGS is paid!!!!!!!!!!!!

doin albums with asia bill and jacken... just cuz he felt like it... thats gangsta!!!!!!!!!!

fatboybrandon
12-15-2010, 08:22 AM
That an interesting video, I haven't seen many beatmaking videos or even interview videos of Muggs over the years, he seems like a real down low type of person.

It's cool that he has the freedom to put out projects that are original, not trendy. I know he was rakin in the dough during those early years of Cypress, one of a few acts to capitalize large back then.

That video looks like it might be old, I saw the tape reel he was using to record. It's cool to see some people still using analog today, I wonder if he still uses the SP and ASR.

MaskedAvenger
12-15-2010, 08:35 AM
Ya'll probably seen this but for those that haven't its worth a look.

BWfvsIbLdII

THE MASON
12-15-2010, 09:58 AM
dope documentry and nice little bonus clip.

Muggs definitely one of the illest to grace the wheels of steel and the boards. he up there as one of my top producers....................... unsung legendary producer

LORD NOSE
12-15-2010, 10:00 AM
SMH

wijKzY8tGUE

BGS
12-15-2010, 01:10 PM
muggs is incredible!

issues
12-16-2010, 03:58 AM
multiple styles too..

original shit..

spiggity_ace
12-16-2010, 06:07 AM
fuck thse dudes make beat making look so easy, i tried that shit LOL i cant make good shit anywhere near this, i made a few aight beats but damn

NIGHT MAYOR
12-16-2010, 06:12 AM
found a rhyme and reason torrent, watched it this arvo - FUCKING ILL

thanks for the heads up angry.

angry!
12-16-2010, 09:19 AM
no doubt freddy...

dope documentary, i couldnt see a movie like that...

droppin today...

i dont want an inside look in 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUGGS still holding strong..

he makes it look easy...

theres niggas today that are ANIMALS on the MPC, but they dont know what to sample, what should be flipped, MUGGS always got drums that knock, and can make any sample play to his style.. ive never heard MUGGS sample any weak shit, his kits are fuckin legendary, and he had different chambers, he would dabble in... slide this to b-real, that to son doobie, and this to everlast... thats a PRODUCER!!!!!!!!!

"lay some vocals over this and were straight"...

you know you leave a MUGGS session scratching your head... like "whatd i just rhyme too?!!?!?"

come back and MUGGS got you rhyming over a banger with all kinds of sounds playin together...

when MUGGS talks about the west coast sound in the full documentary, you realize he got it down to a SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

claaa7
12-16-2010, 11:03 AM
props for posting that clip, i never saw it before but "Rhyme & Reason" movie was the shit. one of the main things i love about Muggs is, like you also said angry, that he's one of the few producers that's still keeping it moving and never, ever fell off. he's a master at making albums that knock, making sure it's tight all the way through. he has signature style of choosing samples and drumkits but he's still making sure that every project sounds indivudally and are customized for the respective artist he's working with. he could go from making heaters for Cypress to classics with Depece Mode in an instance.

angry!
12-16-2010, 12:48 PM
MUGGS is so slept on... stil!!!!!!!!!!!

its crazy...

MpKJKHhjqtM

put time into perspective...

a9wsfTXVJuA

can kill you on the tables on battle shit, the mashup shit he was doin was next level.... one of the best DJs ever....

alotta albums bit that DUST record too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

been liver for longer than just about anybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!