PDA

View Full Version : Malcolm X

theheavens
12-18-2010, 07:05 PM
I saw the movie again recently, and I think Spike did a really good job with it. no other director could've done a better job than him. even at 3 hrs. and 20 mins. the movie goes by quick. I was surprised just how much emphasis Spike put on the Nation of Islam being behind the assassination. I'm pretty sure they were the ones who did it (that is, they pulled the trigger). but he kept showing the NOI ministers cocking their guns and getting ready to assassinate Malcolm. no subtle bullshit, just flat-out blatant "the NOI did it!" type scenes.

I never understood why the NOI considered Malcolm a "traitor." even Louis Farrakhan called him that on the video below. the man converted to the LEGIT religion of Sunni Islam. even Muhammad Ali did the same in 1975, after Elijah Muhammad died. my imam, a former NOI member, said the NOI is simply a stepping stone to true Islam. the best quote in the movie was when Malcolm said.... "We had the greatest organization a black man could ask for. Niggers ruined it." I'm a white european-american (born Catholic, then became Muslim), and even I can sympathize with that statement. it hurts, but it's true. I still give the NOI credit for taking black men and women off the streets, off prostitution, and off drugs, and injecting them with knowledge.

ou99aOFzup4

Fatal Guillotine
12-19-2010, 04:15 PM
I saw the movie again recently, and I think Spike did a really good job with it. no other director could've done a better job than him. even at 3 hrs. and 20 mins. the movie goes by quick. I was surprised just how much emphasis Spike put on the Nation of Islam being behind the assassination. I'm pretty sure they were the ones who did it (that is, they pulled the trigger). but he kept showing the NOI ministers cocking their guns and getting ready to assassinate Malcolm. no subtle bullshit, just flat-out blatant "the NOI did it!" type scenes.

I never understood why the NOI considered Malcolm a "traitor." even Louis Farrakhan called him that on the video below. the man converted to the LEGIT religion of Sunni Islam. even Muhammad Ali did the same in 1975, after Elijah Muhammad died. my imam, a former NOI member, said the NOI is simply a stepping stone to true Islam. the best quote in the movie was when Malcolm said.... "We had the greatest organization a black man could ask for. Niggers ruined it." I'm a white european-american (born Catholic, then became Muslim), and even I can sympathize with that statement. it hurts, but it's true. I still give the NOI credit for taking black men and women off the streets, off prostitution, and off drugs, and injecting them with knowledge.

ou99aOFzup4

research Cointelpro and their infiltration of black organization

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cointelpro+infiltration+of+black+organizations

another thing that stands as a fact is that malcolm travel twice to mecca once in 1958 the other in 1959 (spike lee left out some facts)

Fatal Guillotine
12-19-2010, 04:21 PM
gzAgg-2eQ9k

xZuKlWmH1-8&feature=watch_response

go pick up a book called malcolm x: the man in his times

4Z4giEVP57c&feature=related

theheavens
12-19-2010, 05:38 PM
my ass spoke too soon. a professor from Columbia University (Manning Marable) is publishing a biography of Malcolm X on March 8, 2011 (same day as shaolin vs. wu-tang drops). it's the most thorough searched book on the man. it includes THREE MISSING CHAPTERS from the Autobiography of Malcolm X and new insight on the assassination. and yes, there's proof Alex Haley (a Republican, anti-Communist uncle tom) was working with the FBI during the writing of the autobiography. the author says various factors played a role in the assassination: the NOI, the FBI, and the NYPD, primarily.

as for those three missing chapters, a guy in Detroit has them. he bought them at an auction when Haley died and wouldn't let anyone see them...except Manning Marable. this book is going to be a must-read...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ZwGOBK%2BtL._SS500_.jpg

and here's the interview by the author....

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/blog/islam-studies/the-missing-malcolm-x-the-lost-chapters-a-conversation-with-manning-marble/

P.S. "The very first postage stamp honoring Malcolm X was issued not by the United States but by the Ayatollah Khomeini government of Iran, in 1982, by the Shia Muslims. Perhaps they knew something that everybody else didnít know." that's fucking beautiful!

Fatal Guillotine
12-20-2010, 02:50 PM
thanks for this