PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Joell Ortiz

Undiluted Karma
12-19-2010, 07:31 AM
Think hes a great artist. Hes got good lyricism, flow but also humour which I think is good in certain emcees, adds to their character like GFK, Sean Price.

Idk if i could sustain listening to a whole album of his cuz his voice can get annoying haha but thats one talented ninja turtle(props to whoever made that comparison last year lmao)

I see this guys career further elevating mad consistent on the mic.

Some of my fav stuff from him ive heard:

Love the beat, some funky stuff from Premo, Joell merked it didnt even know he had a video.
/v/url5cNDt_f4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/url5cNDt_f4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Stoupes album was noway near as mediocre as reviewers made it out to be cmon son
/v/ZDL_kdUtpLk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZDL_kdUtpLk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

/v/aZfnZlcFMoc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aZfnZlcFMoc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Skampoe's half brother got mad skills

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-19-2010, 10:06 AM
nowadays these brand new cats is all about sissy punchlines and wack methaphors, they dont know how to put their lifetime in between the papers lines. Ortiz is just a perfect example of why rap is so boring these days.

fatboybrandon
12-19-2010, 10:11 AM
-ustQD4nOic

I like this track in addition to those songs you posted Undiluted Karma. Joel is good at writing about his life in depth, in addition to the battle rhyme type of songs he's more known for. This song he did with Nottz has a nice vibe.

Wh0am3ye?
12-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Sick emcee but sometimes his verses bore the shit outta me. He went in on that starks album though.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-19-2010, 01:02 PM
i thought he did good on Apollo Kids though. Part of his verse he even put out a Supreme Clientele ghost delivery.

Undiluted Karma
12-19-2010, 01:23 PM
nowadays these brand new cats is all about sissy punchlines and wack methaphors, they dont know how to put their lifetime in between the papers lines. Ortiz is just a perfect example of why rap is so boring these days.

I take it you didnt listen to that Slaughterhouse track I posted then?

cap
12-19-2010, 02:30 PM

SLI6O6i_vb8
Very good personal track right here!! But your precious online persona wont let you admit it... lame.

cap
12-19-2010, 02:31 PM
to answer the threadstarter... i think he's one of the best out right now and nobody is touching him!

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-19-2010, 02:38 PM
I take it you didnt listen to that Slaughterhouse track I posted then?

lol i take it that was a funny joke

Undiluted Karma
12-19-2010, 04:01 PM
nah but i take it your still butthurt over buddens dissing meth and rae

Undiluted Karma
12-19-2010, 04:08 PM
to answer the threadstarter... i think he's one of the best out right now and nobody is touching him!

^knows the deal!

Mr. R&B
12-19-2010, 05:39 PM
I gotta co-sign what Cap posted, I don't see a lot of MCs touching Joell right now.

He puts a lot of personal subject matter into his work, the only way one could summize otherwise is by not hearing enough of his material.

BTW Joell's verse on this track is amazing, intensely personal and powerful.

N8a1GsFhc-s

And I'm not even into God like that.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-19-2010, 05:46 PM
nah but i take it your still butthurt over buddens dissing meth and rae

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/92412921.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D08E668051DD952A15 BDDA32FF83624235E81B49A0CDB59527E30A760B0D811297

spiggity_ace
12-20-2010, 12:33 AM
hes aight, sumtimes he can rip it, sumtimes hes meh, and a lot of the times i listen to his verses its like hes talkin a whole lot but not saying anything.

Undiluted Karma
12-20-2010, 04:39 AM
its like hes talkin a whole lot but not saying anything.

haha thats one of his lines too XD

corky831
12-20-2010, 08:38 AM
i think he's mad nice....how can u rip on joell nowadays compared to some new artists that come out.....he is by far ahead of most cats out there right now....I mean he actually raps....i dont see many cats rap nowadays

Polocash7
12-21-2010, 03:01 AM
I like J O. He has skills. His LP is dope.

J.T.S.
12-21-2010, 11:07 AM
yeah joell is dope he has a fresh style!

TUCO
12-21-2010, 02:15 PM

"like" this and "like" that...shit gets monotonous
these new cats need to use these "talents" and make songs...not posse cuts spittin mixtape shit...SONGS yo
stories and topic based raps...the slaughter house album bored me halfway thru...just basic shit
and for the record...punchlines and metaphors dont make a dude lyrical:list: