PDA

View Full Version : Which mc's does prodigy give props to.

prof zooruka
12-19-2010, 02:42 PM
This may have already been covered ???? not sure.

The other night I was thinking how prodigy is real arrogant on the mic, then I got to thinking I wonder which mc's he would actually bang if he was rollin in the whip... and for some reason I couldn't imagine who they would be ???? " Probably himself" lol.

I know people are gonna probably throw old m.c's in there, but I was thinking more along the lines of his peers that where around during the golden era.

Even as I type this I can't see who prodigy would give props to, dude just has an unhealthy arrogant swag, like he knows every rapper wanna be him lol.

peace

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-19-2010, 03:05 PM
the only time I ever heard P give out props to another rapper was in one interview he mentioned that Sucker MC's was his favorite song growing up, and he used to keep it on repeat and meticulously copy the lyrics

Fatal Guillotine
12-19-2010, 03:06 PM
kool g rap

fatboybrandon
12-19-2010, 03:33 PM
hCW9Y3qWm1E&playnext=1&list=PL8EA98EBF81406CD9&index=6

An ill ALC production where Prodigy gives props to the west, south & midwest by shouting them out on the chorus, he doesn't mention any individual MC though: Evidence f/ Gambino Twin, Prodigy - At Ease

I've got an episode of Future Flavaz where he and Havoc give props to Pete Rock, he's given props to others in some interviews.

fortyglock
12-19-2010, 04:52 PM
Didn't he have such a list in one of his prison blog/letters where he mentioned rappers who he gives props to or something?

Off the top of my head I'd say Rae, Ghost n Meth, purely based on them appearing on early Mobb Deep albums.

Mic Tyson
12-19-2010, 05:00 PM
I wonder which mc's he would actually bang if he was rollin in the whip...

u gay

Tecknowledgist
12-19-2010, 05:01 PM
^yeah yeah he said u-god murked 8 diagrams and his verse on wolves was dope

fortyglock
12-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Didn't he have such a list in one of his prison blog/letters where he mentioned rappers who he gives props to or something?

Off the top of my head I'd say Rae, Ghost n Meth, purely based on them appearing on early Mobb Deep albums.

I found the thread:

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73142&highlight=prodigy

prof zooruka
12-19-2010, 06:13 PM
I found the thread:

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73142&highlight=prodigy

^^^^

That has got to be bogus " Little wayne" ???? " Snoop Dogg" Dude is not a great, beanie siegal, G-unit, Young jeezy, T.I, Missy, Ludacris ???? even jay-z and eminem are not a greats neither are pac and big in my book "they just got fame from the deaths"...Seriously who ya'll kiddin.

Outside the ol school rappers

Greats are

Wu tang clan
Nas
Redman
NWA
Cypress Hill
Mobb Deep
Canibus

These M.c/groups are all hall of famers, there are no other groups/ mc's that come as well rounded, in terms of freshness, success, illness and longevity as these who because of there music..... not because of who they married or how they died or because they are white, left there mark on rap .....these dudes where and are just ill period...Now im not saying other m.c did not have skillz I am talking about great stauts here, like P was talking about in his so called letter, and I find it hard to belive that Little wayne, Snoop Dogg, beanie siegal, G-unit, Young jeezy, T.I, Missy, Ludacris are all greats.?????

The thing that distinguishes a great from the everyday rapper who has had a hit imo, is because a great has/had that somthing special that they brought to the table that made them better and different to the rest past or present.... That should be the only criteria and those m.c's / groups had that.

If you wanna break it down even further then the only true greats of the game are

The Wu tang clan / Nas /Canibus and prodigy - these are the kings of rap imo no one else comes close.

I know people are just gonna be dying to say jay-z is a great... If that is the case then where does AZ fit, because he is 100 x better m.c and I still dont think he deserves great status.

End thread

Peace

GhettoGnom
12-19-2010, 06:26 PM
^^^^

That has got to be bogus " Little wayne" ???? " Snoop Dogg" Dude is not a great, beanie siegal, G-unit, Young jeezy, T.I, Missy, Ludacris ???? even jay-z and eminem are not a greats neither are pac and big in my book "they just got fame from the deaths"...Seriously who ya'll kiddin.

peace

Outside the ol school rappers

Greats are

Wu tang clan
Nas
Redman
NWA
Cypress Hill
Mobb Deep

These M.c/groups are all hall of famers.

Peace

It's probably real though..

Prodigy doesn't exactly seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer.

And lol @ this thread.

spiggity_ace
12-19-2010, 08:33 PM
didnt they give props to ice cube ice t and some other guys from the west in one of the liner notes to their early albums, o and he sed taht he erespected tupac as a legend, wutang g rap most queens rappers.

Cthulhu
12-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Remines me...

Who is he referring to in "The Infamous Prelude" when he disses "that crazy space shit that don't make no sense" ?

Emperor Bohe
12-20-2010, 12:04 AM
wasn't he talking about keith murray?

corky831
12-20-2010, 08:30 AM
Prodigy would suck Raekwons dick if he could....

ShaDynasty
12-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Remines me...

Who is he referring to in "The Infamous Prelude" when he disses "that crazy space shit that don't make no sense" ?

wasn't he talking about keith murray?

I thought it was Def Squad in general as he mentions them by name in one song. But that is a pretty accurate description of Phantom Leaf Keith. Prodigy to be honest has got to be one of the best rappers of all time though. But you can't see him giving a lot of props to other rappers, or being any fun to go down the pub with.

Sunz of Man
12-20-2010, 01:02 PM
In the jungle, banging Nas, Mobb Deep, & Wu