PDA

View Full Version : Rapper G-Dep faces life in prison

J-Cee
12-19-2010, 11:26 PM
http://images.ninemsn.com.au/resizer.aspx?url=http://news.ninemsn.com.au/img/2010/entertainment/2012_gdep.jpg&width=310

A hip-hop artist "trying to get right with God" confessed to a 17-year-old shooting without knowing that he was actually admitting to a murder.

Trevell Coleman, also known as the rapper G-Dep, admitted to New York City police last Wednesday that he shot John Henkel on October 19, 1993 but he didn't realise his victim had died, the New York Post reports.

"I was surprised for some reason, I really didn't think that he died," Coleman said in an interview from jail.

"When they told me, I was like 'Oh, I'm not going home after this.'"

The 36-year-old rapper, who was once signed on P Diddy's Bad Boy label, has been charged with murder and now faces life in prison.

Father-of-three Coleman said the secret "weighed on [him]" and that he confessed despite family and friends telling him not to.

"I told my mom and girlfriend I wanted to confess and they both told me to leave it in the past," he said.

"My girlfriend was pretty peeved."

Coleman admitted he has battled drug addiction and has reportedly been arrested more than 30 times.

At the time of the shooting he "didn't even think about it" but wanted to get "closure" by confessing to the crime.

Coleman said the only thing he regrets is being forced to leave his children

GZAjector
12-20-2010, 12:26 AM
Screw this guy. I'm throwing away that Child of the Ghetto CD. Fuck him and I hope he gets what's coming to him. And if anyone supports what this fucker did in 1993, then fuck you too!

Undiluted Karma
12-20-2010, 06:14 AM
Alright heres my take:

Anyon with moral regret you can appreciate but I sure as fuck wouldnt be so stupid as to leave my seeds and family to go to jail I mean lol thats stupid. also why not just do your best to turn your seeds from the same ordeal you went through and stupid things you did, wouldnt that suffice as moral redemption?

Also not knowing you might be confessing to murder is also stupid.

Charles Barry
12-20-2010, 06:15 AM
'Oh, I'm not going home after this.'"

Lol.

12-20-2010, 08:40 AM
Fucked up.

deeznutz1981
12-20-2010, 12:54 PM
I can't respect that at all

i understand his conscious was getting to him but when you got 3 kids to look after your conscious shouldn't mean shit! what a fuckin dummy! so because he decides to make bad decisions 20 years ago his kids are supposed to just suffer for them now? he should have just lived with what he did and be thankful he got away and a second chance to raise his kids right!

corky831
12-20-2010, 01:00 PM
special delivery, i want dat, special delivery, i need dat, special delivery can i have dat, special delivery, come give it 2 me.......

12-20-2010, 01:44 PM
I can't respect that at all

i understand his conscious was getting to him but when you got 3 kids to look after your conscious shouldn't mean shit! what a fuckin dummy! so because he decides to make bad decisions 20 years ago his kids are supposed to just suffer for them now? he should have just lived with what he did and be thankful he got away and a second chance to raise his kids right!
No doubt, dude (is) lost, big time.

DeeBlock
12-20-2010, 08:56 PM
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103368

netscape check two
12-20-2010, 09:04 PM
Screw this guy. I'm throwing away that Child of the Ghetto CD. Fuck him and I hope he gets what's coming to him. And if anyone supports what this fucker did in 1993, then fuck you too!

lol

David Daniel Davis
12-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Poor guy; he must have had nothing going for him in order to do something like this; see what happens when you sign a contract with Sean "Puffy" Combs; L.O.X. are dumbasses just for considering resigning to Bad Boy after what happened to them the first time but not dumber than Chingy resigning to Disturbing the Peace only to leave dissatisfied again

Krimewave
12-21-2010, 06:30 AM
what a fucking idiot

SKAMPOE
12-21-2010, 06:55 AM
poor bastard

J.T.S.
12-21-2010, 12:10 PM
damn that dust he was smoking mustv'e really made him hear voices lol!!

12-26-2010, 08:49 PM
Really, Get smacked silly, you get smacked silly
Fucking with these niggas from the, what you gonna do
When you ready, shit I was born ready,
And I was all ready on fish and spaghetti
Creep with the culture, rap I can coach ya, attack like a vulture
If I said I get cha, wearing it I'll fit ya, y'all thirteen inches
I see the big picture, if it's to get richer, I'd probably get wit ya
If not burn it, get hot like a furnace
Shoot the video motherfuck city permits
We own the city, on the phone with Diddy (* Phone Sounds*)
Red bone pretty, when she get aroused like to suck her own titty
Put it in the video, ya wanna holla got to follow nigga here we go
Get you ticket, the train, don't miss it,
Won't reach out, and ya bet I won't visit
Till my whole wardrobe is-it listen

lmao

David Daniel Davis
12-26-2010, 11:06 PM
Really, Get smacked silly, you get smacked silly
Fucking with these niggas from the, what you gonna do
When you ready, shit I was born ready,
And I was all ready on fish and spaghetti
Creep with the culture, rap I can coach ya, attack like a vulture
If I said I get cha, wearing it I'll fit ya, y'all thirteen inches
I see the big picture, if it's to get richer, I'd probably get wit ya
If not burn it, get hot like a furnace
Shoot the video motherfuck city permits
We own the city, on the phone with Diddy (* Phone Sounds*)
Red bone pretty, when she get aroused like to suck her own titty
Put it in the video, ya wanna holla got to follow nigga here we go
Get you ticket, the train, don't miss it,
Won't reach out, and ya bet I won't visit
Till my whole
lmao
He got worst rhyme of the year in January 2002 Source magazine for that verse.

12-27-2010, 08:27 AM
He got worst rhyme of the year in January 2002 Source magazine for that verse.
Word, that's why I posted it. lmao