PDA

View Full Version : Mad props has got to go to Bandcamp

Undiluted Karma
12-20-2010, 05:07 AM
Really great site with a good concept.

1)Doesnt seem like it rips off artists for them to actually put their music on their or it doesnt charge them at all which is even better. either way good

2)Allows people to download music up to FLAC which I think is very important for some people likemyself who at the very least expect and want 320kbps dl's but unfortunately retards like amazon havent caught onto that concept

3) good promotion platform you can listen to songs etc download the ones you want.

Theres also loads of slept on and established artists there who put their shit up their for free or with the option of paying like the guy in my sig who is ill.

Kickstarter is also a really good concept so all in all I think they are good platforms for supporting artists

GhettoGnom
12-20-2010, 06:52 AM
It charge 5-25%, can't remember the exact number..

But yeah, bandcamp is the shit. Itunes can suck a fat one.

4) The site looks pretty clean and it's easy to find what you want
5) You can pay what you want (often with a minimum the artist themselves can chose), if you're feeling generous and wanna support.

Undiluted Karma
12-20-2010, 07:11 AM
It charge 5-25%, can't remember the exact number..

But yeah, bandcamp is the shit. Itunes can suck a fat one.

4) The site looks pretty clean and it's easy to find what you want
5) You can pay what you want (often with a minimum the artist themselves can chose), if you're feeling generous and wanna support.

Yeah good points bro, the interface could be a little cleaner, but yeah FLAC is one of the main selling points to me.

I copped Ras Kass album via FLAC on the site, Goldyn Child II and This Shit Right Here in FLAC glory, safe to say I was loving it haha