PDA

View Full Version : OH NO is a monster... some of the illest beats out.. easy!!!!!!!!!

angry!
12-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Rief2i5NnW8&feature=player_embedded#!

BPU0mIdrjWQ
^^ willy wonka bangers

JACKSON BLOODLINE IS LETHAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if yall dont got his INSTRUMENTAL tapes, you lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DR NOS OXPERIMENT
OH NO VS NOW AGAIN
ETHIOPIUM

npEsH1DsDfY&feature=related

he can freak anything, nigga could make a banger outta tooth floss and a comb!!!!!!!!!!!

still slept on, been at it for a while now...

what a shame, niggas probably go... MADLIBS BROTHER?!?!?! sup, wheres LIB?!!?!?!!?

ALC was wise, went lookin for MADLIB, stopped lookin when he found O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fatboybrandon
12-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Oh No's experimentation with beatmaking really stands out, almost every time I hear his work it sounds like he's having fun and using his imagination, not caring about whatever other trend is out there. He has good personality and flow when on the mic too.

I like this lecture he did at Red Bull Music Academy a few years ago, he explains his approach to beats and digging: http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/video-archive/lectures/oh_no__new_jackson_swing

He and Madlib's music always make me want to fly out to Cali and dig for records, I haven't been out there since I was a child so I look forward to going in the near future.

Pattch82
12-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Yup Yup, I been saying this for YEARS now!!! Oh No is criminally slept on!!

His sries of 'Disrupt Chronicles' mixtapes and podcasts are fuckin' classic!!!!!

Y'all also need to check out the remixes he did of the Guilty Simpson 'Ode To The Ghetto' album, Oh No remixed the whole album, it's called 'Ghettodes'. Fuckin' sick shit!!

So creative on the production tip and constantly improving on the mic too!!

I've got almost every Oh No release (I'm a Stones Throw addict!!) and dudes catalogue is fuckin' unbelieveable!! The work ethic of those Jackson Brothers is crazy!!

Cant wait for Madlib & Oh No's 'The Professionals' project to drop... that's got the potential to change the fuckin' game!!!

Peace!

Taskmaster2112
12-20-2010, 06:16 PM
his "Oh No vs. Percee P" remix of the "Perseverance" album is insane too.

angry!
12-20-2010, 06:22 PM
i need to peep the percee p joint the guilty remix is ill...

Un1EUORbKSI&feature=related

this shit was crazy... CHINK BANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pattch82
12-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Yeah The Oh No vs. Percee P album is fuckin' ill!!! Check out the first Roc C album too, 'All Questions Answered', Oh No handled most of the production on that album and it's bangin!!!

Dude has worked with Slick Rick, Mos Def, Rae, Ghost, the list is fuckin endless and yet he still gets slept on!!

Peace!

spiggity_ace
12-20-2010, 07:04 PM
finally checked out the gutter watter album, anybody sleeping wake up and spin it, its one of the dopest albums i heard in a loooooong time, i was playin this and apollo kids back to back, check the song in my sig for further proof.