PDA

View Full Version : I miss the redman on muddy waters.

zooruka
12-21-2010, 01:55 AM
I know this could be said about any artist, but the other day I was bumpin a track off muddy waters and I got to thinking how I wish redman was still that dude. I don't know he seems less serious now... Don't get me wrong he has always been a joker, but just listening to him on muddy waters ..... son was so raw and grimey.:yessad:

peace

Frank Drebin
12-21-2010, 04:12 AM
oh fuck yeah! he and def squad fucked shit in the ass all day. Case closed, pick it up, rock da spot, whuteverman, do what ya feel, its like that (my big brother) the album was a certified classic.

He got that twang in his voice now where before it was more dark somehow. Take it back to Rockafella IMO that was his best ever video single. I remember 1st time I heard dare iz a darkside I thought he was a completely insane motherfucker.

Keith Murray too on a side note was fucking incredible, The Most Beautifullest Thing in This World was a classic album.

Both fell off which is what has happened to most of my favourite rappers from back them but shit they were ill in their primes

billyanalogue
12-21-2010, 08:26 AM
man this nigga is so old. he braggin' about usin' auto-tune like its some funky ass shit.. that shit make jesus wanna have another heart attack son!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgbdDI_ikkM&feature=related

Socrates92
12-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Muddy Waters 2 is out next year I think, maybe we'll see that Redman again?

CEITEDMOFO
12-21-2010, 09:08 PM
REDMAN IS STILL RAW AS U CAN SEE HOW HE RIPPED THE W AND APOLLO KIDs TRACK, IT WAS HIS LAST DEF JAM ALBUM SO HE WAS FORCED TO PUT UP A MIX OF WACK SHIT, HID NEXT SHIT SHOULD BE ILL ESPECIALLY IF EMINEM SIGNS HIM SINCE EM IS A BIG REDMAN FAN

zooruka
12-21-2010, 11:31 PM
ESPECIALLY IF EMINEM SIGNS HIM SINCE EM IS A BIG REDMAN FAN

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please no.

I wish eminem was out of the game ....Seriously. This dude needs to leave.

peace

Bodega Pop Tartz
12-22-2010, 12:27 AM
listen to the old album if u want the old shit

skeem
12-22-2010, 01:07 AM
me 2 man.

muddy waters is redīs best LP imo.

if u c a bag of weed on tha floor madafaka wahat da fuck u gonna do?

dinossaur style!

KLAP
12-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Redman is workin on Muddy Waters 2!!!!

Dirty Knowledge
12-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Red one of the few artists you look at over the years and you still fuck with even if he does a autotune track you still give him props because this nigga literally will NEVER grow up. Method Man is basically the same. These niggas will always rap about the block and the hood and hoes and smoking weed so younger niggas will always give them love as well. So many youngsters were bumping Blackout! 2..it was crazy. Red's lyrics are still raw you can still peep the youth in Red.. he ain't going no where till the day he dies.

Dirty Knowledge
12-22-2010, 03:54 PM

QUOTE OF THE FUCKING MILLENIUM

Everybody always talks shit about how artists grow stale.. BMP THE OLD SHIT... last night I was bumpin Flesh of my Flesh... niggas were givin me props like it was some new shit LOL. Classics never die some of ya'll just GREEDY as fuck. GIMME GIMME GIMME NEW SHIT. shut that shit up.

Dirty Knowledge
12-22-2010, 03:55 PM
respect the archives

Compulsion
12-22-2010, 04:20 PM
Maybe it is just me, but if I let a classic album like Muddy Waters sit for a while, when I play it again it is just as dope as the first time. Yeah, you don't get the effect of, oh shit what did he just say? Of course you still know the lyrics, but after listening to newer shit for a while going back to the classics for a listen is just as dope to me as when I first got it.

Compulsion
12-22-2010, 04:22 PM

+1

Dirty Knowledge
12-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Maybe it is just me, but if I let a classic album like Muddy Waters sit for a while, when I play it again it is just as dope as the first time. Yeah, you don't get the effect of, oh shit what did he just say? Of course you still know the lyrics, but after listening to newer shit for a while going back to the classics for a listen is just as dope to me as when I first got it.

It isn't..And the younger generation they hear these old school goodies for the first time, I'm steady bumpin old shit, and they always asking "whos that?" "im gonna DL this dude" and the old heads they always respect a good classic. Rap music has taken a dive but there's still good shit produced, it's just you can't beat what you grew up with / classics.

One of my favorite albums to dust off is Warren G's Regulate album. I can play that from start to finish, skits and all, blaze one and just reminisce on those boring days. Always seem to be pulling that one out, and of course Wu Tang Forever.

Compulsion
12-22-2010, 04:38 PM
It isn't..And the younger generation they hear these old school goodies for the first time, I'm steady bumpin old shit, and they always asking "whos that?" "im gonna DL this dude" and the old heads they always respect a good classic. Rap music has taken a dive but there's still good shit produced, it's just you can't beat what you grew up with / classics.

One of my favorite albums to dust off is Warren G's Regulate album. I can play that from start to finish, skits and all, blaze one and just reminisce on those boring days. Always seem to be pulling that one out, and of course Wu Tang Forever.

Very true, expecially the bolded part.