PDA

View Full Version : Lets face it !!! The young bucks have no concept of the golden era.

zooruka
12-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Man I am sad...... The other day I was bumping a ghost video in class and one of the young bucks in my class was like "I don't have no clue who ghostface is ????", so then on I started to bump nas and he was like " Nas is old man":no: .... and I asked him about redman and he was like who... Then I bumped AZ "I don't give a f*ck" and some other young buck was like this joint is boring ?????

Seriously this made me conflicted, as I had only one choice.... and that was to except the fact that I was getting older and that the rappers that made rap something to be taken seriously where becoming the rakim's, Krs one's and public enemy's of the game.

All this dude kept talking about was DRAKE and little wayne....SMH.

I guess to most of you on this board this maybe common knowledge but this was the first time I had encountered this reality.

Peace

dad
12-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Yo, I'm 17, so i'm still in high school. So, there is a shit load of dickheads that listen to gay shit and have no appreciation for the golden age. But, naw fuck that, 80's-90's is where it started.

Undiluted Karma
12-21-2010, 04:16 PM
yup but end of day this shit happens, UG hip hop isstill alive and well especially like in 2010 so heads gotstuff old and new to appreciate because theres demand for it

Frank Sobotka
12-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Yo, I'm 17, so i'm still in high school. So, there is a shit load of dickheads that listen to gay shit and have no appreciation for the golden age. But, naw fuck that, 80's-90's is where it started.
I wouldn't have worded it that way but "This"

Wh0am3ye?
12-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Let's face it, you have to listen to what's "cool" and in style.... if its not on the radio and being played on mtv and bet 24/7 then it's wack but luckily we recognize the good stuff.

dad
12-21-2010, 04:25 PM
I never watch BET or MTV. Fuck the radio too. I only listen to XM Radio, Backspin station homie.

Wh0am3ye?
12-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Me neither, If anything I'll put on vh1 soul that's about it....

dad
12-21-2010, 04:34 PM
I'll watch VH1, and check out the white bitches. lmao

zooruka
12-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Man.... I am not disagreeing with you, but to me that is no excuse, when I was growing up death row and bad boy where the little wayne and drake of the time and the whole shinny suit era was all over the place, and I never bumped neither.... I was bumping "Muddy waters" " The clan" "Killarm" "The firm" "West side connection" "canibus".....

Seriously I know "eminem" has something to do with the state that hip hop finds it self in !!!!!!!!!!!!.

peace

dad
12-21-2010, 04:37 PM
I won't lie, when i started listening to hip-hop I used to bump G-Unit, 50 Cent, Lil Wayne, all that shit. Til I finally got educated and found the good shit.

zooruka
12-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Man 50 and G-unit where tight, back in the day when they use to drop mix tapes in N.Y...Once 50 signed with em and dre....That was the end of that.

peace

Frank Sobotka
12-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Still listen to those artists occasionally, just not the same way I listen to a Big L.

JakobR
12-21-2010, 05:25 PM
A big fat "hahahahaha" at blaming any rapper for the current state of hip hop. No rapper invented the idea of making money in this game.

People bitch like hip hop is the only genre with shit artists.

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
12-21-2010, 06:14 PM
I think that Puffy can be traced back as being responsible for the dip in quality that hip hop has taken in the past 10-15 years.

Meta4
12-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Puffy, Dame and Jermaine are all PUREBLOOD FAGGOT LEECHES. I NEVER fuked with any of em.

Undiluted Karma
12-22-2010, 07:04 AM
A big fat "hahahahaha" at blaming any rapper for the current state of hip hop. No rapper invented the idea of making money in this game.

People bitch like hip hop is the only genre with shit artists.

cofuckingsign i made a thread about this whole debate several months back

Twiztid-Wutang
12-22-2010, 07:38 AM
The thing is, That young people can listen to the golden era music, BUT, they will NEVER understand it, since they were not in it. You have to BE around during that time, so you remember when the Triumph video debuted, NOT looked it up on youtube.

You remember when Don killuminati came out, NOT listening to it now.

They will NOT be on the level of the 21 and over class of hip hopper..Sadly

Ancient One
12-22-2010, 07:51 AM
. You have to BE around during that time, so you remember when the Triumph video debuted, NOT looked it up on youtube.

Do I remember correctly, that Triumph still is the longest single/video that has made it to an MTV rotation?

To the topic, this has been discussed on 1000 different threads , in past month. If the young people wanna dance to a wack techno impression, that doesn't scratch my shield.