PDA

View Full Version : wait... KILLER MIKE is doing an album with EL-P!?!?!?!!?!?

angry!
12-22-2010, 08:42 AM
MIKE BIGGA = KILLER MIKE

this is something i never expected....

but its something i cant wait to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg614/scaled.php?tn=0&server=614&filename=psay.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

i was just wondering when EL was gonna get back to LACING niggas!!!!!!!!!!

plus he got the COMPANY FLOW reunion popping off.. hes priming up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KILLER MIKE IS VICIOUS... one of the most slept on emcees period... real MIC HOG... dominant voice/delivery...slick content....

ITS A SOUTHERN TAKKKKEEEOOVVVERRR.... OVEERRRRR....

KILLER MIKE spit one of my favorite verses ever on that CHAMILIONAIRE JOINT!!!!!!!!

right up there with BUN B - MURDER verse... as one of the rawest, deep fried verses ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ancient One
12-22-2010, 09:02 AM
IS THIS REAL? I've been waiting to hear something bout El-P's comeback. This was not expected, but dopest news I've heard in a while. Can't wait to hear.

claaa7
12-22-2010, 09:15 AM
hahaha wtf that's something i would never expect.. it could be incredible tho, i'm definitely checking for it

angry!
12-22-2010, 09:21 AM
http://twitpic.com/3h94fu

yeah its for real...

also good to see BIG BWOI back in with KILLER...

that beef was some bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!

the thought of big boi and KM killing a EL-P banger.... DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that MEGAMIXX 3 INSTRUMENTAL tape EL dropped this year was fuckin crazy...

i cant get used to the MIKE BIGGA shit though... ima keep sayin KILLER MIKE!!!!!!!!!!

i have no idea how this shit went down... but im gearing up for some great music!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank Sobotka
12-22-2010, 09:40 AM
David Banner & 9th Wonder?
Killer Mike & El-P?

What's next? Lil Wayne & Madlib?

angry!
12-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Killer Mike & El-P?

KILLER MIKE SPITS HEAT ROCKS THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!

always has!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is the same nigga...

that came outta nowhere...

and got the drop on ANDRE 3K and BIG BWOI in a CLASSIC VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SvbB0Ex1u8o&feature=related

def. one of the most underrated emcees in all the south, MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. R&B
12-22-2010, 01:53 PM
I don't know why, but this kinda makes sense to me.

Killer Mike seems to like to spit over complicated beats, he's not a lazy MC at all.

So dude spitting over EL-P's bangers seems like a good fit.

And I agree with the not being used to calling him "Mike Bigga" thing, I don't think that was his decision though.

It was most likely industry politics and assorted bullshit.

F.T.I.

Dr. Simon Hurt
12-22-2010, 02:00 PM
http://technoccult.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/scanners-headexplode.jpg

awesome.

Dr. Simon Hurt
12-22-2010, 02:06 PM
alHcQDCrvJI

how much is el-p supposed to be producing for mike?

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-22-2010, 02:23 PM
thats pretty insane.

i bet el-p wont order killa mike use the word nigga less like he did with can ox

Dirty Knowledge
12-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Wow.

whitey
12-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Killer Mike & El-P?

killer mike is a dope rapper and keeps the shit real. hes no lil wayne.

Dirty Knowledge
12-22-2010, 05:34 PM
^you can't tell some people nothing.... rep anyways

spiggity_ace
12-22-2010, 07:07 PM
i liked killa mike in the past, i remembr his verse that u mentioned angry i loved that shit

might kidnap ur wife and daughter
bury them now deep in georgia no DA or crooked lawyer

he killed it on there, i still remember wen akshun came out that was the illest shit. ill check for this, i havent really liked el p beats in the past all that much but this sounds like good news.

Dirty Knowledge
12-22-2010, 08:21 PM
pliKUESJ9eA

GET EM!!

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-22-2010, 10:12 PM
killer mike is a beast and has been

bamboo
12-23-2010, 03:10 AM
http://technoccult.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/scanners-headexplode.jpg

awesome.

killer mike is a dope rapper and keeps the shit real. hes no lil wayne.

i liked killa mike in the past, i remembr his verse that u mentioned angry i loved that shit

might kidnap ur wife and daughter
bury them now deep in georgia no DA or crooked lawyer

he killed it on there, i still remember wen akshun came out that was the illest shit. ill check for this, i havent really liked el p beats in the past all that much but this sounds like good news.

killer mike is a beast and has been

I'm co-signing all of this!
I'm looking forward to hearing this release! |)
Been a fan of Killer Mike since he first broke out on that OutKast track!

BIG D O
12-23-2010, 03:23 AM
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?? ?????????????????

Frank Sobotka
12-23-2010, 07:18 AM
Where did I imply killer mike sucks?
Just using wayne as an example of an even more random collaboration.

Pestilence
12-27-2010, 07:57 PM
KILLER MIKE spit one of my favorite verses ever on that CHAMILIONAIRE JOINT!!!!!!!!

right up there with BUN B - MURDER verse... as one of the rawest, deep fried verses ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, I haven't listened to this song before :)

http://forums.projectcovo.com/images/smilies/dj.gif

angry!
12-28-2010, 10:06 AM
yo....

they dropped a little teaser....

h9kizCRrBv0

get ready for a CLASSIC...

mike is one of the most slept on ever, ICE CUBE/SCARFACE with a twist of DUNGEON FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sMN_EEj9AWw&feature=related

MONSTER was fuckin dope man...

cant wait to hear BIG BOI style over EL-P production...

LOL @ GHOST mentioning el telling vast and vordul to lay off the n bombs...

MIKE will swallow son whole if he hits em with the edit!!!!!!!!!!!

but EL is the reason cold vein is classic... cuz for all the talent, vast and vordul aint really did shit since...

Pestilence
12-28-2010, 09:27 PM
yo....

h9kizCRrBv0

get ready for a CLASSIC...

http://www.teamliquid.net/mirror/smilies/yes.gif

http://forums.projectcovo.com/images/smilies/dj.gif

Dr. Simon Hurt
12-28-2010, 09:52 PM
so is EL-P producing the whole album?

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-28-2010, 10:04 PM
this is something will make top 10 records/albums of 2011

whitey
12-28-2010, 10:23 PM
yo....

h9kizCRrBv0

wooooooo kiiiiiiiiiid. that sounds like the making of some serious heat.

hide1998
12-29-2010, 01:04 AM
Killer Mike over any production is great. But over EL-P beats means this is going on my auto-buy list for 2011.

GhettoGnom
01-01-2011, 02:56 PM
yo....

h9kizCRrBv0

Oh shit! This sounds serious!!

main_man
01-01-2011, 07:33 PM
so is EL-P producing the whole album?

i would also like to know this.
judging from what el-p has been posting, it dont seem like it.
i just want more rappers to use producto's beats. he probably is at the top of the list of beatmakers who helped hip hop evolve in the past 10 years.
more collabos would be great.

Pacsta
01-03-2011, 01:44 PM
i hate to EL-P now

OntheHorizon
01-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Eh, I'll take the unpopular opinion on this one and say I never been crazy about El-P's production, alot of his stuff falls into the "Just because its diffrent dont make it good" category for me

But I do like Killer Mike, when this drops I'l' give it a listen

hide1998
01-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Eh, I'll take the unpopular opinion on this one and say I never been crazy about El-P's production, alot of his stuff falls into the "Just because its diffrent dont make it good" category for me

But I do like Killer Mike, when this drops I'l' give it a listen

Fantastic Damage, The Cold Vein, and I'll Sleep When You Die would disagree. The production on those would make anyone sound good (but it just so happens the MCing all those albums are really good, particularly the later two.

Those fall into the category of, "Just because they're not melodic doesn't make them not good."

OntheHorizon
01-05-2011, 09:29 AM
Fantastic Damage, The Cold Vein, and I'll Sleep When You Die would disagree. The production on those would make anyone sound good (but it just so happens the MCing all those albums are really good, particularly the later two.

Those fall into the category of, "Just because they're not melodic doesn't make them not good."

LOL, I tried to say that in the nicest way possible, I could have easily said some foul shit but I didnt

I just dont like the dude's beats

You like it, good for you, carry on..........I never said the dude sucked, I just dont like his style, and I've heard most those albums you listed, just isnt my taste

main_man
01-05-2011, 07:51 PM
hes not for mainstream ears or those who dont think outside the mundane, thats for sure.
but honestly, el-p is my 2nd favorite producer/mc next to rza.

and also if you dont live in an urban environment full of decay, despair, corruption and greed than you DEFINITELY wont get el-producto. beatwise or lyrically.

Undiluted Karma
01-05-2011, 07:53 PM
^best thing to check out showcasing El-P production? Cold Vein? I need to relisten to that didnt give it enough time

OntheHorizon
01-05-2011, 09:18 PM
hes not for mainstream ears or those who dont think outside the mundane, thats for sure.

and also if you dont live in an urban environment full of decay, despair, corruption and greed than you DEFINITELY wont get el-producto. beatwise or lyrically.

LOL, man I live in fuckin Baltimore, I dont think you can find a bigger shithole then this, and I still dont like dudes beats........... Everybodies taste is diffrent, there's probably a kid in Beverly hills with every word to company flow memorized, shit like that doesnt matter

*shrugs*

Taskmaster2112
01-05-2011, 09:53 PM
^best thing to check out showcasing El-P production? Cold Vein? I need to relisten to that didnt give it enough time

if you want a good showcase of El-P's production I would go with "The Cold Vein" or his first solo album "Fantastic Damage". after that I would move onto the Company Flow album "Funcrusher Plus", El-P's second solo album "I'll Sleep When You're Dead", and some of the albums that he produces some songs on (especially Mr. Lif's "I Phantom". I pulled that album out for winter and I've been listening to it constantly).

Undiluted Karma
01-05-2011, 09:57 PM
if you want a good showcase of El-P's production I would go with "The Cold Vein" or his first solo album "Fantastic Damage". after that I would move onto the Company Flow album "Funcrusher Plus", El-P's second solo album "I'll Sleep When You're Dead", and some of the albums that he produces some songs on (especially Mr. Lif's "I Phantom". I pulled that album out for winter and I've been listening to it constantly).

Many thanks bro

Since I've been meaning to check out Mr.Lif for a while now I will start with I Phantom.

Thanks again

Taskmaster2112
01-05-2011, 09:57 PM
two of my favorite El-P produced songs:

Mr. Lif: "Return of the B-Boy"

lqR6M_2TY4Y

Mr. Lif: "Brothaz"

JTMnE4ooL1o

Undiluted Karma
01-05-2011, 10:01 PM
nicee

whitey
01-06-2011, 08:34 AM

thats funny.

J-DON
01-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Id say Sleep When Youre Dead is the most accessible El-P album. He really fine tuned his craft there.

GhettoGnom
01-07-2011, 09:15 AM
^Production wise, it's pretty easily his best, imho..

But overall, The Cold Vein >>
The world needs a Can ox reunion.

angry!
01-07-2011, 10:13 AM
i can understand someone not being a fan of el-p as a mic personality/emcee...

as i fall into that....

but i could NEVER... and would NEVER...

FRONT...

on the music he pumps out of the boards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its not different for being different... its not pots and pans... its not alternative nerd trash...

EL-P always reminded me of the BOMB SQUAD... one of the illest production teams of all time... he got his own brand of funk... if you got seasoned ears... you fuck with el-producto beats... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!

my nigga main man even got me revisiting his solo work, with a fresh perspective, for a disagreement we had months ago...

el always thought outside the box, packaging fantastic damage as an instrumental release, knowing he could catch some different ears through a different format... i respect shit like that... he dropped that MEGAMIXX 3 instrumental tape last year, and i wore that shit out... i dont see how anyone can front on those beats...

fan dam plus
cold vein
ill sleep when youre dead

next level soundscapes, incredible compositions, and while its PROGRESSIVE... its B-BOY shit, all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can BREAK to el-p records, you can freestyle to el-p records, its not long hair hippie music... its SUBWAY, blunts and spray can music!!!!!!!!!!!

Z_3QafE1NSc

crazy layering, wall of sound... he can sample anything and make it sound like EL-P... it can be a record thats been flipped 100 times, and you still wont catch it!!!!!!!!!!!!

the idea of KILLER MIKE... one of the rawest southern lyricists ever... linking up with el-p big sound... is something everyone should appreciate... wait and watch...

killer mike really is one of the most slept on emcees EVER...

KILLER MIKE ATE JAY-Z... on flip flop rock...

and that was arguably... JAY-Z, at his aboslute PEAK, stylistically!!!!!!!!!!!

the average fan might not know.. how raw mike is...

but best believe, niggas that have had to share track space with mike, KNOW HES A PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My nigga Big Boi said, watch 'em as they gawk and they gander
You can follow or lead like Commander Picard
You can have "The Whole World"
Or be satisfied with the boulevard"

another plus is... MIKE back in with big BWOI... id love to see them niggas drop an album, since ANDRE 3K seems to be content dropping designer acid in hollywood, as his skills continue to deteriorate... andre has still yet to PROPERLY follow up his diamond selling LOVE BELOW... one of the biggest shames in music... all that talent, drying up... and why!?!?!?!!?!?! maybe its JIVEs slave contract, or the hollywood cake, but andres been duckin his calling for years now...

THIS IS WHAT IM WAITING FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

issues
01-07-2011, 10:27 AM
killer mike really is one of the most slept on emcees EVER...

^this..

Monster was the perfect title for his introduction..

he showed thats exactly what he was on that album..

whitey
01-07-2011, 11:33 PM
killer mike will eat most rappers faces. this track is hyper than an 8ball and a 12 pack of redbull.

_yaQ0P8LFVM