PDA

View Full Version : Starang coulda been a legend

Undiluted Karma
12-23-2010, 07:51 PM
I know a similar thread ws made a while back but fuck it..

think about it (courseits all subjective) but while all of the BCC were nice (Ruck,Rock and Starang) resounded well with me from what ive listened from the whole camp.

Sean P's got his shine in the 21st century and Rock has been more popular than both of these guys in the 90's.

Starang was killing shit left and rightgot that flow and quotables just makes you really pay attention.
dope verses in the 90's im listening like on Leflaur and OGC's 'Da Storm' but like Rock he didnt really capitalise on his 90's success enough for whatever reason.

thoughts?

peace

CEITEDMOFO
12-23-2010, 07:58 PM
SmH@ COULD HAVE BEEN A LEGEND

BUT I DO WONDER WHY HE HASNT DROPPED ATLEAST A MIXTAPE OR SOMESHIT

Undiluted Karma
12-23-2010, 08:00 PM
^thats my point

he is a legend to at least some heads and i think hes dope but artists are always measured (most of the time atleast) by their solo work too which is near nonexistent

fatboybrandon
12-23-2010, 08:05 PM
I follow Duck Down on Twitter & Facebook and have seen them post recently about Starang comin home from jail, that mighta been his holdup in music.

I think Starang definitely did his thing during his prime, he always held his own on posse cuts. Even though his skills were always nice, I think there was something missing in the aggression of his delivery & mic presence that MCs like Sean P and Rock always had.

Who knows, if he had the right production and song ideas for a solo and done more guest spots, he could've had a more prominent spot in Hip Hop history.

NaJFhKdOVe0

^I always liked this indie 12"

CEITEDMOFO
12-23-2010, 08:08 PM
TRU CRIMINAL SHiT WAS ILL WIT F.T. & THE GODSUNZ

I EVEN ENJOYED STARANGS COMMERICAL TRACKs
PGhVui__zn0

Undiluted Karma
12-23-2010, 08:09 PM
I follow Duck Down on Twitter & Facebook and have seen them post recently about Starang comin home from jail, that mighta been his holdup in music.

great news ! thanks for info and yeah maybe

I think Starang definitely did his thing during his prime, he always held his own on posse cuts. Even though his skills were always nice, I think there was something missing in the aggression of his delivery & mic presence that MCs like Sean P and Rock always had.

potentially a valid point, its hard to compete and distinguish yourself against personalities like Rock and Ruck. same principl can be applied to the likes of Deck

Who knows, if he had the right production and song ideas for a solo and done more guest spots, he could've had a more prominent spot in Hip Hop history.

NaJFhKdOVe0

^I always liked this indie 12"

Undiluted Karma
12-23-2010, 08:12 PM
ill track btw fbbrandon,

Tecknowledgist
12-24-2010, 04:22 AM
cause at home bitches suck on my dick like a paci. FIYAH.

he was never as good as ruck and rock but he was head and shoulders above hennyville and the big o

he was definitely killin shit in the nineties

i think he started to fall off a little later, like when you hear his verse on the monkey barz lp

hopefully he'll start recording when he's done doing his bid

David Daniel Davis
12-24-2010, 07:01 AM
He definitely had potential; too bad he only is famous for getting beatdown by Notorious B.I.G'S goons; sometimes I wonder if he had him killed in retaliation for that. I remember there were advertisements for a solo l.p. from him inside of other releases from his click

Wh0am3ye?
12-24-2010, 07:20 AM
I believe da storm was ill from front to back. I don't see that album get much praise. I mean c'mon you got starang, top dog and louville sluggah....had some sick production and lyrics. oh yeah don't forget about that sick posse joint it had, everybody went off on that shit!!!!!

I had no idea ogc dissed gravediggas on that album until now.....

YPKcp8K_mxs

ipaSGjszpVY

BZbCdcqYNp0

Polocash7
12-24-2010, 03:12 PM
He's nice but he really doesn't have legend potential.

We grew up on the same block so I got nothing but love 4 him.

He's better in group than a solo artist imo

dad
12-24-2010, 03:19 PM
What track dissed Gravediggaz by OGC?

Prolifical ENG
12-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Although he ripped some sick verses, I couldnt see him making a classic solo LP. I just think he's one of those guys....it would end up being an album like Streetlife's Street Education.

I believe da storm was ill from front to back. I don't see that album get much praise.

That album always gets props when its due.

Hollow Dartz
12-24-2010, 03:40 PM
He could've been a legend?? Nigga you haven't even been listening to hip-hop for that long....lmao!!!!!!!! Oh God!!!! Starang is that nigga though.....

Undiluted Karma
12-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Youre catching feelings bro

Hollow Dartz
12-24-2010, 07:13 PM
no feelings at all.....just smh at some of yall niggaz on here....lol!!!!! keep it up

Undiluted Karma
12-24-2010, 07:56 PM
What you think Starang is a legend? thats your opinion lol, but aint nobody in this thread hating on Starang include myself lmao quite the opposite.

Tecknowledgist
12-24-2010, 09:37 PM
anybody like his double punch-in flow that was all over the m-pire shrikez back LP? lol