PDA

View Full Version : Freestyle Professors - Gryme Tyme [2009, with old school flava]

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-28-2010, 03:02 PM
7YXwZ5W2EBQ&feature=youtube_gdata

0yqVi7Ndhwc&feature=related

I LOVE THIS ALBUM. It's the same what Buckwild/Celph Titled done this year...just that old school shit, raw rhymes, boom bap beats....

claaa7
12-28-2010, 04:41 PM
hell yeah, one of my favorite albums of last year.. i think i bought it on it's release date or just around it when it dropped. altho he has a few verses i would have hoped Page The Hendgranade had a few more verses, but still Branesparker and Grym kill these insane beats. True grimey BX bop, DITC stylee, Branesparker is AMAZING on the beats too. he just released an EP with Nutso too.

check out their older work too, there's not too much but especially "Down With The Freestyle Profesors" EP and the Geo & Riccochet EP, 94-95 sometime.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-28-2010, 08:29 PM
plus that Grimes dude, he's cool too

dad
12-29-2010, 02:06 AM
i got the whole discography. dope.

claaa7
12-29-2010, 05:28 AM
you got the original vinyl copy of "Down With The F.P.'s"?

they dropped a 9-10 track "EP" in 2007 too btw wera, same sound and yeah Stanley Grimes is crazy.. i had this album on repeat for a long, long time but was a while now. i'll prolly do so soon again tho - "LORD'S PRAYER"!!! "CONFUSE A FEW"!!!!

Durag
12-29-2010, 06:17 AM
i got the whole discography. dope.

you got the original vinyl copy of "Down With The F.P.'s"?

I think he downloaded their whole discography. Their original vinyl's from the early 90's fetch for a lot on discogs.

Yeah, they releases "Vintage" the EP back a few years ago, been meaning to pick that up for ages, along with their "Your Pockets Been Picked" limited edition 2XLP of unreleased shit.

Peace Wera, album is dope as fuck. I havent listened to it in a while but its a true banger, all the D.I.T.C beats are great but the whole album is consistent. Great purchase, one of the best UNDERGROUND (not backpacker wannabe's) album ive heard in a while.

I think Stanley Grimes has an album out soon, he released a 7" recently along with a new Freestyle Professers EP "The Gritty & Grimey EP" which i still have to listen to actually.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-29-2010, 07:14 AM
Yeah, a lot of people still asking for that old school sounds...and not checking this must be crazy