PDA

View Full Version : Curren$y new mixtape - Return to the Winners Circle

E-Z
01-01-2011, 01:33 PM
download here, dope shit

http://limelinx.com/files/23ff3c4319e0607b41b43b9f132b2713

GhettoGnom
01-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this guy along with about 90% of all these new blog rappers are average as fuck?

RAW-TASTE
01-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this guy along with about 90% of all these new blog rappers are average as fuck?

what are you basing this on...lyrically or what???? currensys got a smooth flow and great relaxing beats, hes not that bad lyrically either! if you trying to rate him with the hardcore straightup spittin emcees dont bother cuz hes just a weed rapper with feel good chillin music!!!

props to op for giving the heads up, didnt know this shit comin

Djaminha
01-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Currensy aint no new blog rapper.

You dick ride all these qn5 fags like they the second coming of Jesus.

Currensy been doing his thing for years, his work ethic is unreal

oDoUoSoKo
01-02-2011, 02:27 AM
c/s^

netscape check two
01-02-2011, 02:35 AM
No Limit

food for thought
01-02-2011, 02:44 AM
isnt he a no limit faggit?

a faggit named currensy with the dollar sign for the 'S' is getting no play on my radio.

E-Z
01-02-2011, 06:46 AM
he was at no limit like 8 years ago, try listen to him before you call him faggit, faggot

E-Z
01-02-2011, 06:53 AM
HZs2F8y29W0
XBpDDC8xQf4

hide1998
01-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Curren$y is actually a lot more lyrical than jaded "heads" give him credit for. Both of his albums are pretty good too. His mixtapes are worth checking for too.

Undiluted Karma
01-02-2011, 02:05 PM
isnt he a no limit faggit?

a faggit named currensy with the dollar sign for the 'S' is getting no play on my radio.

Don't sleep on Curren$y bro dudes got skills

addressing the other stuff in the thread
Yeah he aint super lyrical but that aint the point of his music. hes got good lyrics but this is relaxed vibed out music and his lyrics with the clever wordplay and butter flow accompany that.

Wh0am3ye?
01-02-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm listening to the mixtape right now and honestly I like the beats he spits over but his lyrical ability ain't all that great . It is some laid back shit to cruise around to especially when the bitches are around. WOOO Rain delay just came on and take a wild guess what beat he chose, rain dayz one of the illest obcl songs and wu tang tracks of all time.

Wh0am3ye?
01-02-2011, 03:05 PM
98IwByILIfs

GhettoGnom
01-03-2011, 11:41 AM
what are you basing this on...lyrically or what???? currensys got a smooth flow and great relaxing beats, hes not that bad lyrically either! if you trying to rate him with the hardcore straightup spittin emcees dont bother cuz hes just a weed rapper with feel good chillin music!!!

Nah, I'm not.. But he just seems like a boring version of Devin the Dude to me, and unless he can convince me otherwise, I'll stick with my Devin.

Currensy aint no new blog rapper.

Whatever, he slides perfectly in with them.

And anyone in Qn5 > curren$y..
It got nothing to do with dickryding, I'm a fan, but I got no problem giving plenty of examples of qn5 material I don't like.

Mic Tyson
01-03-2011, 12:57 PM
Nah, I'm not.. But he just seems like a boring version of Devin the Dude to me, and unless he can convince me otherwise, I'll stick with my Devin.

Whatever, he slides perfectly in with them.

And anyone in Qn5 > curren$y..
It got nothing to do with dickryding, I'm a fan, but I got no problem giving plenty of examples of qn5 material I don't like.

currensy better than deacon the villain and kno as far as rapping. he aint great tho

djskillz
01-03-2011, 01:04 PM
thanks. been waiting for new currensy.

Djaminha
01-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Plus monsta beatz and ski are far better than that fag KNO

ZigZag
01-03-2011, 06:51 PM
ski made most of the classic reasonable doubt.

yo wtf is it with faggits on this site dissing curren$y? he by far is the illest lyricist out right on that nas type shit...

Undiluted Karma
01-03-2011, 07:50 PM
on that nas type shityou mean what?

cuz in terms of skills nah

RynMur
01-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Plus monsta beatz and ski are far better than that fag KNO

uuhhhh...no

I fucks with Currensy though, not the best lyricist, but he makes good music.

OntheHorizon
01-04-2011, 09:15 PM
I've still yet to really take the time out to get into this dude, maybe I'll D/L Pilot Talk later, people give it alot of good marks but I'm hesitant to check for him because I heard he was connected to both No Limit & Cash Money at One Point (*Cringe*)

And I might be wrong but isnt he the kid who did that "Where Da Cash At" song back in the day

BLACK BART SIMPSON
01-04-2011, 09:24 PM
curren$y is a more lyrical version of wiz. .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTp1Im5Koak&feature=related

GhettoGnom
01-06-2011, 10:13 AM
currensy better than deacon the villain and kno as far as rapping. he aint great tho

Better than kno, but we all know Kno is a producer first, MC last. And ROFL @ curren$y being better than deacon. gtfooh

yo wtf is it with faggits on this site dissing curren$y? he by far is the illest lyricist out right on that nas type shit...
:lmao:

Mic Tyson
01-06-2011, 09:05 PM
his wack ass verse on that song in your sig proves it. That sheisty khrist dude or whatever his name is was way better on that album

GhettoGnom
01-07-2011, 09:25 AM
his wack ass verse on that song in your sig proves it. That sheisty khrist dude or whatever his name is was way better on that album

Well, Sheisty was better on it, and Sheisty is a better rapper (overall though, Deacon's hooks, Deacon's production.. Dude's a beast). But if Curren$y would've taken Deacon's place on that album, it wouldn't even be a comparison.. As it is now, Deacon even had the better verse on some songs (Ascension to name one). Deacon is ten times the MC curren$y is based on delivery alone.

'All this confusion got us loosin' by a landslide
and got the biggest mothafuckas feelin' antsized
The disillusioned, the disenfranchised
who wanna throw the peace sign, but got they hands tied
Why ask why, that's what they wanna teach us
They'd rather have us sit in the bleachers and wait for Jesus
But I believe he'd rather we doubt what leads us
Instead of praising what pleases, ascension'
^There's more content in those 8 bars then I've in everything I've heard by Curren$y added up.. It's better than anything I recall ever hearing from him as well.. Bout to listen to this tape in a couple of mins though, so maybe he'll open my eyes.