PDA

View Full Version : GhostLaced's Artists for Ya Ipod 2011....

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Tyler The Creator, Earl Sweatshirt and the whole Odd Future crew (#creativity)

W_yjHfAyh80

s09_NEpTIaw

78_loMbmKJ8

G-Side (#slickbeats)

T7U_Gyhrj6w

vV6nd8YciV4

Yelawolf (#crazyflow)

jJ1feQHiHfs

oRGRMyB63to

Lil B (#based)

GyPm_bVYqe0

vk6LKmcqv0Q

Freddie Gibbs (#gangsta)

yMdtZvE4qf0

Big K.R.I.T (#classicsyruppysouthernbeats)

QqNpZ81TRko

QOLvByh2KSU

just some newish artists the need lift off in 2011....

dont ever complain lack of good music in hip hop right now...

there alot of highly creative good artists out right NOW.....

Undiluted Karma
01-01-2011, 07:18 PM
nice thread

dont ever complain lack of good music in hip hop right now...

there alot of highly creative good artists out right NOW.....

heads generally dont seem to understand that, atleast on utube nyway
not sure i dont agree on lil b as in i dont like his music to each their own but i not gonna knock his creativity.

main_man
01-01-2011, 07:29 PM
yeah, just got hipped to earl sweatshirt recently and i like the kid.
hes def influenced by eminem and cage, but as far as the young new school guys go, the kid can rap. and his drums hit HARD.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-01-2011, 07:48 PM
I promise you every song posted up there is worth listening to. Just good crafted music. I wasnt aware myself alot of this shit was out there until recent months. I sense a revival.... after some dark years musically. Its time to push aside the stale MC's, Rick Ross', Lloyd Banks, TI's, fuck what u hear, these niggas are stale now.

Even some older/newer MC's I used to think were dope, theyre stale now too.

Im looking for artists, who know how to make songs.

I havent seen shit like OFWGTKA crew come along for, well basically ever. Freddie Gibbs is criminally slept on, excuse the cliche, Lil B's beats are the most progressive out there, True GRIT is bringing back southern Rap A Lot sound, Yelawolf's got the best flow in the game right period, and G-Side are some of the best underground producers to come along in years.

These older rappers arent competing with this shit, creativly. They should be worried.

Basically I'm sick of hearing rapper after rapper who knows nothing about making songs. Theres too many of these out there these days. Lloyd Banks type rappers. They come in, lay down 3 verses on a song, and leave.

That aint music.

50 never did that. 50 had skills. 50 knew about song making back when he broke.

Thats why im highlighting these new underground artists inn the OG post. These cats are all out there creating something.

Theyre creating theyre own sound. You cant put a value on that. I dont if these artistss are gonna break or not. But they need more shine.

i5SZIwXVtH8

Plus this true underground mixtape scene is where its at now.

Use it. Search it.

The industries fucked now. Look at Saigon. Look at Swift and changable Fuck that. Its embarrasing.

While youre waiting 4 years for a hyped rapper to release a damn "official" album, artists like the ones ive mentioned have been releasing high quality mixtapes.

Fuck a major label. Its time hip hop stopped complaining about that shit, and looked around them and used the internet.

baritone
01-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Lil B is that nigga yo,

his shit is like what postmodern art is, except to rap

baritone
01-01-2011, 07:54 PM
And I wholeheartedly agree with ghostlaced

there is a new revival in hip hop, both musically and commercially, the whole climate is shifting,

major record labels will be as obsolete in 10 years as CD's are right now

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Lil B is that nigga yo,

his shit is like what postmodern art is, except to rap

As for Lil B, this guy knows his shit. He can flip any rappers style. Ive heard songs where hes been Ghostface, to Vordul Mega, to Cam'ron, to Gucci Mane, to Prodigy. Sometimes all in one verse.

Lil B is pure expresssion when he raps. Plus he's genuine stream of conscious, rare these days. Every rap sounds like improvised. Hes a natural. 1,300 songs and he's only 20 years old.

He also knows how to make songs.

He also has the sickest ear for beats out of anyone right now.

And he's into the music. Hes done whole mixtapes just rapping over MF DOOM beats, and whole mixtapes over trippy IDM experimental shit. Then he'll come out with a track like Wonton Soup, also ill, but on a whole nother tip.

If you dont like Lil B, im gonna go along witth it that you simply dont understand what he's doing. You aint based.

Plus the fool been wearing the same pair of grey Vans for 5 years straight. #BASED.

ALCATRAZ
01-01-2011, 08:06 PM
lil b is the only artist worth listening to trust me ive heard them all

RAW-TASTE
01-01-2011, 08:12 PM
big krit and freddie gibbsss been on replay for the last yearr dont sleep on them!

Durag
01-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Definitly agree on Big K.R.I.T, his "K.R.I.T Wuz Here" mixtape / album was one of the best things released last year without fail. It was so much more than a normal Southern release, the guy has skills on the mic and the boards, and had some really dope introspective shit, reminiscent of Pimp C in parts.

I liked Yelawolf's verse on Big Boi's album, a lot of people didnt like it, but i thought his crazy off beat flow was dope, and it was the off-beat flow that was so off-beat that it was actually on-beat, interweaving between the drums and bass like another instrument, unlike say 9th Prince, whose off-beat flow just sounded like he actually was unable to rap on beat. I gotta check out more of Yelawolf's material.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-01-2011, 10:11 PM
yeah, just got hipped to earl sweatshirt recently and i like the kid.
hes def influenced by eminem and cage, but as far as the young new school guys go, the kid can rap. and his drums hit HARD.

Very much early Em. I dont mind that though. Thats my favorite Em.

I heard Earl's in some sort of detention camp though now, should be out next year.

Definitly agree on Big K.R.I.T, his "K.R.I.T Wuz Here" mixtape / album was one of the best things released last year without fail. It was so much more than a normal Southern release, the guy has skills on the mic and the boards, and had some really dope introspective shit, reminiscent of Pimp C in parts.

I liked Yelawolf's verse on Big Boi's album, a lot of people didnt like it, but i thought his crazy off beat flow was dope, and it was the off-beat flow that was so off-beat that it was actually on-beat, interweaving between the drums and bass like another instrument, unlike say 9th Prince, whose off-beat flow just sounded like he actually was unable to rap on beat. I gotta check out more of Yelawolf's material.

Yelawolf is crazy. He reminds me of a lot of rappers, from Andre and Big Boi, to Krayzie Bone, to e-40, to tech9, to pimp c on hooks. He's crazy.

Gives his props to Wu Tang alot too

5ll6mMTTREE

spiggity_ace
01-02-2011, 01:44 AM
i like yelawolf im anticipatin a album from him, freddie gibs sounds dope too ill check for him
and i thought that lil b was some gimmick rapper in the vein of guccie mane but hes dope, cant believe i slept for so long

Longbongcilvaringz
01-02-2011, 06:56 AM
The blogosphere seems to think EARL got sent off to Military school by his parents.

Pretty sure that's bullshit, but he's somewhere not making music anyway.

Mumm Ra
01-02-2011, 07:38 AM
Lil B's beats are the most progressive out therei was just thinking that exact thought while watching the video posted...cuz i seen a few others too
like how the hell he get all those sick beats lol, veteran rappers (like wu) need to step their beat selection game up drastically
[edit] was just skimming and thought u said impressive, but i suppose both work

Frank Sobotka
01-02-2011, 07:55 AM
Somebody needs to post Lil B's entire discography, I don't know where to start

Mumm Ra
01-02-2011, 08:05 AM
does he freestyle every verse? they all sound like it, and maybe that's why i think he's such a bad rapper
but if its all freestyles it would be considered decent by me

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Somebody needs to post Lil B's entire discography, I don't know where to start

Over 1,200 songs, lots of different styles, all based.

I'd say start with 6 Kiss tape classic frm last year, first half of that tape is pure based.

Then go to Evil Red Flame tape, first song from I posted in the first post, thats the vibe of the album.

uE5DNFNB7jM

http://www.datpiff.com/profile/LilBtheBasedGod/mixtapes

^all his main tapes can be downloaded here, free

datpiff.com, use that. all the artists in the first post have their albums for free on their.

Hollow Dartz
01-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Check out Jon Murdock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYV4-pA3z84&feature=related

dad
01-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Action Bronson

uiAQ9xQQHeQ
jKpd2Bua3Ug&feature=related
Y7_04nNpvbQ
5ZPZk3GrBHg&feature=related

dad
01-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Meyhem Lauren
gg5cJu1Zcws
E8gLtFm6MgU&feature=related
3lRJQ_Q2M-8&feature=related
mZ3_5T2sR28&feature=related
dRsTDaSoFHM&feature=related

Undiluted Karma
01-03-2011, 09:33 AM
^word

that beanie sig is jokes too lmao

KBOS
01-03-2011, 03:19 PM
this thread is real talk.

ive been bumpin' the shit outta odd future. Good too see a new generation doin it like that.

and lil b flipped shit so hard that anyone who hates on him is automatically playing themselves.

That meyhem lauren shit was nice too

ELEF_DIGITAL
01-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Earl is the illest of all :O

whitey
01-04-2011, 11:35 PM
why do so many new-ish rappers sound like fucking nerds?

dad
01-04-2011, 11:58 PM
why do so many new-ish rappers sound like fucking nerds?

which ones?

whitey
01-05-2011, 12:50 AM
most of the ones lace posted. the ones on this page have been deecent, but still. that one fat white dude sounds like ghostface.

maybe im getting old and bitter who knows, but i feel rappers just dont measure up to the og's. guys today can be good and talented but i get blown away by few rap albums these days comparatively speaking.

Mic Tyson
01-05-2011, 01:38 AM
wtf y aint mc hammer on the list? he dropped one of the best diss tracks and i thought he was gonna drop an album this year?

OntheHorizon
01-05-2011, 03:10 AM
Lil B huh??

lol, to each his own

Seeing this thread reminded me of how grateful i am that I'm 25 and came up when I did, If I were a kid now I doubt I would even listen to hip hop, just too many weirdos connected to it now, these new cats are either Retarded or Fruit loops, with a small handful of exceptions.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-20-2011, 07:05 PM
update

Danny Brown #detroitraw

9m44nnb8F80

rNO5Hhzv1Lo

Jay Electronica #hypeforthekillahpriestwithbettterbeats

GsEO6-IiG14

dad
02-20-2011, 11:00 PM
N8PjvTP2JsA
kEQv_j31bag&feature=related
qX2CQ44u7Cw&feature=related

theDZA
02-20-2011, 11:59 PM
lil b is the only artist worth listening to trust me ive heard them all

seriously wtf is up with people actually liking lil b?

then shunning all these 'commercial rappers' saying they have no lyrics lol

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-21-2011, 12:15 AM
i only care about rappers who are interesting/are able 2 express themselves

like i said

everyone can "rap" these days

and as hip hop isnt about that tough or smooth shit anymore, most underground rappers just sound like pussies thesedays. trying hard to prove they can rap good. nah.

so the rules havechanged you gotta put out some creative shit to get noticed in 2011

lil b is an expression of lil b

theres no bullshit, no pretence, no jackin, no biting, no pretending, just old fashioned freestyling and progressive beats

anyway im gonna qoute my last post because it got stuck at the bottom of a big page

update

Danny Brown #detroitraw

9m44nnb8F80

rNO5Hhzv1Lo

Jay Electronica #hypeforthekillahpriestwithbettterbeats

GsEO6-IiG14

JASPER BEARDLY
02-21-2011, 01:12 AM
what does based mean

EAGLE EYE
02-21-2011, 01:14 AM
it means gay bareback sex