PDA

View Full Version : I think the BCC should do a group album over old Beatminerz beats

Undiluted Karma
01-04-2011, 08:22 AM
I've been bumping alot of BCC material lately and I love Nocturnal and Tek n Steeles debut was good too (the name escapes me)

I think the BCC should do a 199now type concept where they all rhyme over vintage 90's unused Beatminerz beats. Now this sounds a little weird because they have collabed alot over the years unlike the Celph/Buckwild concept.

But the Beatminerz contemporary production obviously is not the same and as good as their 90's beats and most people would agree that like most artists during the 90's still putting out material today-their best material was that in the 90's. To hear Rock and Ruck especially over unheard or unused beats would be excellent. At the very least u could have a solo member or better HS or OGC for example doing this concept. It would also be nice to hear more from Starang (obviously his incarceration impeded his productivity)

Peace.

claaa7
01-04-2011, 01:29 PM
yessir! i agree with you, that would be incredible if it ever happened... after the four classic debut albums from the individual groups we never got a Da Beatminerz produced group LP which is too bad. using beats from the '90s would be like making that Evil Dee, Mr. Walt and Baby Paul produced BCC debut actually happen.

i would love to see a DITC album like this too, each and every producer digs up 4 of their hottest '90s beats that never was published and have OC, AG, Finesse, Diamond and if they would be intererested Fat Joe and Showbiz to rhyme over the 16 tracks.

Taskmaster2112
01-04-2011, 04:34 PM
yessir! i agree with you, that would be incredible if it ever happened... after the four classic debut albums from the individual groups we never got a Da Beatminerz produced group LP which is too bad. using beats from the '90s would be like making that Evil Dee, Mr. Walt and Baby Paul produced BCC debut actually happen.

i would love to see a DITC album like this too, each and every producer digs up 4 of their hottest '90s beats that never was published and have OC, AG, Finesse, Diamond and if they would be intererested Fat Joe and Showbiz to rhyme over the 16 tracks.

of all of the possibilities for new albums in the "Nineteen Ninety Now" vein, these are the two I would want the most, although I would want the BCC one more. the first 4 BCC member albums in the 90s are all classics to me (I was just listening to "Enta da Stage" in the car on the way home from work), but I was always disapppointed by the BCC group LPs.

Undiluted Karma
01-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Now I can't comment with clarity too much on the group BCC albums as I am working through them still but yeah I agree man when I first researched the BCC clique after going crazy over Nocturnal I was surpised to see they hadnt had a fully produced by Beatminerz LP.

That being said theres some nice beats from what ive heard so far but you really want some grimey production on a BCC albu which was what was partially gotten but then some softer soul production which is good but not what I wanted significantly of on a BCC album

Frank Sobotka
01-04-2011, 04:46 PM
I loved that beat they contributed to Vinnie's on album.

Undiluted Karma
01-04-2011, 05:54 PM
^Didnt know they produced that!

One of my favourite tracks off the album.

OntheHorizon
01-04-2011, 07:03 PM
Sounds intresting, rather it be just Sean Price over old Beatminerz Beats myself tho, only problem I ever have with huge group albums is I never hear enough of the cats I really wanted to hear from.

Undiluted Karma
01-04-2011, 07:07 PM
^haha true you never do.

Id like a Sean P only LP as hes one of my favourite rappers and my favourite overall, but a dream lineup would also be Ruck,Rock and Starang as they after Ruck are my favourite outta BCC. Course that wouldnt really work as a OGC or HS or Fab 5 album would be more lilkely

Mr. R&B
01-05-2011, 12:43 AM
That would be great, but I don't know if it's very likely.

Duck Down has alot of dope in-house producers right now, so they're more likey to utilize those people.

The Last Stand (BCC's most recent group album) was incredibly solid IMO.

Probably their best collective effort.

I Haven't heard Casualties of War (which was unused material from The Last Stand's sessions), but I'm sure it's at least decent.