PDA

View Full Version : Which is the better version of Haiku D'etat (self-titled)?

Cthulhu
01-04-2011, 05:51 PM
I know it's only a difference of one or two tracks, but I was just wondering if it makes much of a difference.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
01-04-2011, 06:07 PM
you know either way you look at the album is dope as hell Haiku D'etat not to mention is underground LA rap at it's finest

Cthulhu
01-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Yeah, I know. I've been getting into the whole Good Life/Project Blowed stuff lately. Already heard All Balls Don't Bounce, Innercity Griots, and Project Blowed. I know most of the more high profile stuff, but it's the totally underground releases I get lost in. What are some of the other essentials?

GhettoGnom
01-06-2011, 10:26 AM
I prefer the version with westside slip and slide..

Yeah, I know. I've been getting into the whole Good Life/Project Blowed stuff lately. Already heard All Balls Don't Bounce, Innercity Griots, and Project Blowed. I know most of the more high profile stuff, but it's the totally underground releases I get lost in. What are some of the other essentials?

First and foremost, A Book Of Human Language! Front to back classic.

Other than that, Myka 9 - 1969, The A-Team (Ab Rude & Acey) - Who Framed The A-Team, Aceyalone & The Lonely Ones, Freestyle Fellowship - To Whom It May Concern..., maybe Abstract Rude's Rejuvenation (Ab is a monster emcee, but sadly he doesn't have a solo discog to back it up) and from there work your way through Aceyalone's solo albums, with the exception of Lightning Strikes, they're all either good or great. And Haiku d'Etat's second album, Coup de Theatre was pretty good as well, though nothing like their first.

edit-
Considering that you included the good life scene or whatever you call it, Jurassic 5's first three albums needs to be checked out as well.

buckshotstheone
01-06-2011, 11:12 AM
what GhettoGnom said about A Book of Human Language is fact, that album is brilliant, All Balls Don't Bounce is good too and I personally thought Accepted Eclectic was incredible. Abstract Rude's P.A.I.N.T. is another good album, and Innercity Griots is "the" album that most people point to when it comes to Freestyle Fellowship.

Cthulhu
02-01-2011, 10:10 AM
What about all those underground Abstract Tribe Unique albums? Wouldn't they sort of be like Ab's solo work since he's the only MC? There's also Volume 10 and a bunch of DJ collections like Fat Jack's.