PDA

View Full Version : Damn, imagine Tip and Phife going back-and-forth on this beat...

claaa7
01-05-2011, 06:34 AM
Following the A Tribe Called Quest thread a while back were we discussed possibilities of a new album and guest production I wanna bring this song in the spotlight. The beat was of course recorded in the '90s but goddamn if it doesn't sound alot like something that would suit Tribe PERFECTLY!! and i am not saying that because it samples Tip's vocals from "Midnight Mauraders" but all the elements are there, the deep jazz bass and vibraphone sample especially.

3OQ7GTZ1g5Y

the track is produced by Buckwild... who collaborated with Q-Tip on this, in case you forgot about it:

Sx1A9aUnTX8

THE MASON
01-05-2011, 09:49 AM
what a dope beat that is too. every time i hear this album, its just such a relief..... the production on it is so classic, and i wasnt the biggest fan of Celph but he dropped proper. me want instrumentals!!!

on topic, i definitely could hear Tribe over this beat. in fact now, i want Tribe to be on this track lol. Celph is dope but his punchline style becomes worn out. good call Claaa7 on Tribe being on this. there are many beats on 1990 Now where i heard other emcees over the beat, prolly cause they were made long ago and possibly with the concept of gettin someone else on it (ie. Tribe on this beat)

logitrax
01-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Wow, that sounds like a track Buck would have actually intended for use by ATCQ during the Marauders sessions!