PDA

View Full Version : I really agree with these dudes. The Worst of last year.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Top 10 Most Disappointing Albums: 2010
by KN Staff on December 29, 2010 · 50 comments

http://kevinnottingham.com/2010/12/29/top-10-most-disappointing-albums-2010/

Thomas: This list is a reflection of my own personal expectations for the albums on the list. Some of the albums are solid efforts (Trill OG, Wu-Massacre, LeftBack, Slime Flu, & 24 Hour Karate School), but failed to meet my lofty expectations. Meth/Rae/Ghost’s album had the makings of a classic with three of the best Wu-spitters joining forces, but it turned out to be 30 minutes of uninspired rhymes/concepts. They seemed to blame the label more than themselves (they made those songs). Bun B had a strong 2009, but released a bloated album with too many guest and filler for my taste. Trimming some of the fat would have taken Trill OG off my list. The other half of my list is full of albums that totally disappoint. Inspectah Deck followed up this strong 2009 with a dud of any album which was filled with skippable tracks, sub-par production, and forgettable hooks. Same with A.G., he dropped a heavily slept on album with O.C. (Oasis) last year, but came back with an album filled with horrible rhymes, beats, and poor execution. He’s a pioneer, but followed trends on this album. I’m just about giving up on Canibus. The album that really hurt me is Redman’s Reggie. Probably the first Redman album I won’t buy. There’s no umph in the beats, there’s no power in the lyrics, and he seems to be mailing this one in. This can’t be the same person who made Blackout, Dare Iz A Darkside, Muddy Waters..hell even Doc’s the Name 2000 can it? This album hurt me.

Justin: It seems like this is the only list Kevin, Thomas & myself agree on each time. Last year it was Rakim, and this year it’s Redman. I never thought I’d hear an album from the Funk Doc that was just plain awful but Reggie is just that. Although I didn’t have high expectations for Ludacris, Ice Cube or Juvenile’s new albums, the wackness involved on each made them true disappointments. Madlib was able to ruin Guilty Simpson’s OJ Simpson LP with all his pointless interludes, which otherwise would’ve been a solid project. Leftback lands on the list because it’s a shame this could be the way Little Brother is going out. Sure there are some dope tracks but it’s just not a complete album at all. Wu-Massacre was a major disappointment as well considering who was involved. It’s not a bad album, but it was obvious how rushed & thrown together it was. Coming off the success of OB4CL2, we all expect much more from Raekwon, Ghostface & Method Man on this one.

Kevin: This list is usually one of our most hated and misunderstood lists and people normally assume disappointing means worse albums of the year. Though that’s not far off, this list is more for albums that we were looking forward to and the end result just turned out to be… disappointing. My list in particular includes some of my favorite artists, but to me they just didn’t deliver this year. 9th Wonder had a terrible year with two albums on my list, but for once we all agree on the number one spot. Come to think of it I haven’t met a single person who enjoys Reggie. A real close second for me was this year’s Kidz In The Hall album. I just can’t believe this was the same duo who put out The In Crowd just two years ago. Talk about switching up your sound! Two albums that I’m sure people will not agree with me on are Nottz and Shad. I was really hyped up for both releases, but I just really didn’t like them.

Thomas

Redman – Reggie
A.G.- Everythings Berri
Inspectah Deck – Manifesto
Meth, Rae and Ghost – Wu-Masscare
Little Brother – LeftBack
Canibus – Melatonin Magik & C Of Tranquility
Bun B – Trill OG
Rah Digga – Classic
Ski Beatz – 24 Hour Karate School
Ruste Juxx – Adamantine

Un-Honorable Mentions

Pimp C – The Naked Soul of Sweet James Jones
Skillz – The World Needs More Skillz
Stat Quo – Statlanta
KRS-One & True Master – Meta Historical
Vado – Slime Flu

Justin

Redman – Reggie
Little Brother – Leftback
Method Man, Ghostface & Raekwon – Wu-Massacre
Guilty Simpson & Madlib – OJ Simpson
Stat Quo – Statlanta
B.o.B – The Adventures of Bobby Ray
Ludacris – Battle Of the Sexes
Ice Cube – I Am The West
Murs & 9th Wonder – Fornever
Juvenile – Beast Mode

Un-Honorable Mentions

Kidz in the Hall – Land of Make Believe
Z-Ro – Heroin
9th Wonder – 9th’s Opus
Nottz – You Need This Music
Rhymefest – El Che

Kevin

Redman – Reggie
Kidz in the Hall – Land of Make Believe
Nikki Minaj – Pink Friday
9th Wonder – 9th’s Opus
B.o.B – The Adventures of Bobby Ray
Sheek Louch – Donnie G: Don Gorilla
Little Brother – Leftback
Shad – T.S.O.L.
Styles P & DJ Green Lantern – The Green Ghost Project

Carsten

Redman – Reggie
Ludacris – Battle Of the Sexes
Little Brother – LeftBack
Kidz In The Hall – Land Of Make Believe
Ice Cube – I Am The West
Ski Beatz – 24 Hour Karate School
Sheek Louch – Donnie G: Don Gorilla

Un-Honorable Mentions

Bun B – Trill OG
T.I. – No Mercy
Stat Quo – Statlanta

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-06-2011, 09:58 AM
I meant the most disappoiting, not the worst. Still, some of these are really bad.

issues
01-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Madlib was able to ruin Guilty Simpson’s OJ Simpson LP with all his pointless interludes, which otherwise would’ve been a solid project

ok.. so Madlib ruined the album?..

now Justin.. please dont write down your thoughts again..

i do agree with alot of the other albums named tho..

Frank Sobotka
01-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Both canibus albums are incredible

GhettoGnom
01-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Word, kevin nottingham is one of the few great blogs out there, imho..

Lists are pretty much on point, but how anyone can find The Green Ghost Project disappointing is beyond me.

Mr. R&B
01-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Un-Honorable Mentions

Stat Quo – Statlanta
KRS-One & True Master - Meta-Historical
Vado – Slime Flu

WTF is this shit?????????????????

Anyone who thinks Meta-Historical was a bad album should stop listening to Hip-Hop immediately.

They should be taken behind the shed and shot like a crippled dog.

Undiluted Karma
01-06-2011, 11:08 AM
I though Melatonin Magik and C of Tranquility were good solid albums, lyrically and beatwise. Beatwise had some really good varied beats. What was the guy expecting Stoupe beats? haha

Sham-iLL
01-06-2011, 11:10 AM
I liked Reggie, Wu-Massacre, & Melatonin Magik *shrugs*

I mean, of course they had the potential to be incredible but they're not horrible albums. They're enjoyable to listen to

Origin™
01-06-2011, 11:37 AM
hahaha @ some of those albums listed.

people really need to stop making these stupid ass blogs.

GhettoGnom
01-06-2011, 11:38 AM
^Albums doesn't have to be horrible to be the most disappointing.

claaa7
01-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Inspectah Deck dissapointed me the most, period... it hurts me that an MC of his calibre can't seem to get a decent album together if his life dependend on it. to really rub it in he tells us that RZA tried to give him some fucking "Ghost Dog" style beats for the LP, and he says it like it's a BAD THING and then goes and make a fucking dub-step version of it.

the "Wu Massacre" album was very dissapointing as well, it was good but one of the most dissapointing yep.

"OJ Simpson" was dope but the amount of skits and interludes killed any replay value. i played it once or twice since i bought it in May.

"Reggie" was way below Redman's albums standard, that's for sure.

Eminem's "Recovery" was, like the Deck album, fucking disturbing.. incredible emceeing over straight up wack ass beats and weak hooks. fuck it.

Dr. Simon Hurt
01-06-2011, 11:59 AM
some of those choices are total bullshit.

blogs are a waste of time anyway if you don't have music available for download lol

liquidswords
01-06-2011, 12:58 PM
I know I don't hold any clout here and opinions are like assholes but I love hip hop so here's what i gotta say:

Redman – Reggie ----Wack album, plain and simple

Inspectah Deck – Manifesto ---- poorly executed; terrible production and the emceeing wasn't up to Deck's standards. Wish he would personally reach out to Necro and get some beats

Meth, Rae and Ghost – Wu-Masscare - Not a bad album

Little Brother – LeftBack - Same, not as good as other LB lp's but dec

Canibus – Melatonin Magik & C Of Tranquility - Melatonin was sloppy; C Of Tranquility was properly made. It doesn't take a genius to realize '98 Canibus is gone and not coming back though

Rah Digga – Classic - Great album! Proper production and amazing mic presence from Rah

Ski Beatz – 24 Hour Karate School - Very solid album; not "Dead Presidents" Ski, but a dope album

Pimp C – The Naked Soul of Sweet James Jones - Could have been a lot better; weak production

Vado – Slime Flu - I fucked with this

B.o.B – The Adventures of Bobby Ray - Should have been a lot better; there's no rapping on this and it's all poppy hooks and shit...what happened to the guy on May 25th?

Nottz – You Need This Music - COuld have been better; needed more tracks and better guest appearances. The EP he just put out with Asher is killing everything in terms of production

Eminem - Recovery --- I wasn't feeling anything but "So Cold," "On Fire" and maybe one other track. The song "Cocaine" that was left off the LP is hot! I just wish the old Eminem would come back with some nice multi's and crazy hooks and quit with the fart humor.

Guilty Simspon - OJ Simpson - Nowhere near as ill as the debut. I wasn't crazy about Guilty's lyrics or the production

JakobR
01-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Ice Cube and Nicki Minaj's new albums were quite disappointing. I expected something a lot better when I heard her verse on Monster but all I got was corny pop songs and rap lyrics I could freestyle better (and I'm not a rapper).

Bun B, Eminem and B.o.b all gave us great/good albums imo.

Undiluted Karma
01-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Inspectah Deck dissapointed me the most, period... it hurts me that an MC of his calibre can't seem to get a decent album together if his life dependend on it. to really rub it in he tells us that RZA tried to give him some fucking "Ghost Dog" style beats for the LP, and he says it like it's a BAD THING and then goes and make a fucking dub-step version of it.

AHHA lol yeah truth. It's like Deck isnt a versatile emcee or something. hes done more than well enough over the years lmao. I dont think it would be an exaggeration to call him one of if not the most imo versatile emcees in the WTC in terms of adapting flows.

the "Wu Massacre" album was very dissapointing as well, it was good but one of the most dissapointing yep.

"OJ Simpson" was dope but the amount of skits and interludes killed any replay value. i played it once or twice since i bought it in May.

"Reggie" was way below Redman's albums standard, that's for sure.

Eminem's "Recovery" was, like the Deck album, fucking disturbing.. incredible emceeing over straight up wack ass beats and weak hooks. fuck it.

Tecknowledgist
01-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Trill OG was mad disappointing to me...snow money and let em know are the only tracks i fux with

reggie was stupid. he was on BET telling the kids to "just be yourself, don't do what everyone else is doing. buy reggie."

...then he drops an album trying to sound like the bullshit everyone else is doing.

inspectah deck is a clusterfuck of a human being. he should just take the percee p route and kill features from now on, i'll never even attempt to buy an INS record again. to me he's one of the greatest to ever do it...why cant he just make shit like THIS>?!

VEI4Tyo4KHc

Frank Sobotka
01-06-2011, 02:53 PM
^Maybe INS is like Snoop and just needs somebody overseeing the development of one of his albums. Not just executive producing but give him serious directions.

ALCATRAZ
01-06-2011, 03:36 PM
ins only comes hard for like one verse no homo i got a tough time listening to one ins song let alone a whole fuckin album lolz

spiggity_ace
01-06-2011, 10:38 PM
i disagree with c of tranquility on there, i could compare that to 2000 BC mite even be better, golden terra of rap is a bis classic i hated it at first but that song is just ill.

spiggity_ace
01-06-2011, 10:40 PM
inspectah deck is a clusterfuck of a human being. he should just take the percee p route and kill features from now on, i'll never even attempt to buy an INS record again. to me he's one of the greatest to ever do it...why cant he just make shit like THIS>?!

VEI4Tyo4KHc

major cosign on this, decks a dude that should call up some of the undergrounf producers n get some legit bangers, like let necro know, alchemist, madlib, mf doom, theyll come through, if rza would rather make a beat for kanye than deck, deck should be like fuck it and get some beats from them n 4th etc.

OntheHorizon
01-07-2011, 02:03 AM
Trill OG is only a dissapointment because once the Source gave it 5 Mics a bunch of people expected the 2nd coming of the lord or some shit, lol, when people started taking a Source rating seriously again musta got past me, but I didnt let it effect me and I thought the album was solid, no classic but solid............

Some of those other albums listed, I can see why, I personally liked both those Canibus albums but I can see why some people dont, at this point your gonna get what you get from him and it doesnt matter what year it is or what label drops it or who the producer is, Canabis is somebody your just either gonna be intrigued by or bored to death with, no middle ground

Statlanta, Reggie, I Am The West..........Alot of albums to shake your had at this year

The Eminem album was a major dissapointment for me, and kinda frustrating. The last album, Relapse, I thought was just plain and simply a bad album, something he made for his fans that fell on its face. The new album, is a pretty good Pop album, which doesnt make me like it anymore, but lets be honest, at this point Em is better at singing love songs with Rhianna then he is dissing celebrities on "The Real Slim Shady part 27" or however many of them goofy ass songs he made.......... I'd rather hear him where he is now then where he was 04-09, but that still doesnt say much

oDoUoSoKo
01-07-2011, 09:50 AM
OJ Simpson>>Ode to The Ghetto IMO

and c of tranquility was the shit

Undiluted Karma
01-07-2011, 06:28 PM
^i wanna check out madlibs stuff and OJ simpson before i buy those LPs but Stones throw are really good at taking links off the net:/

oDoUoSoKo
01-07-2011, 09:42 PM
indeed they are

claaa7
01-08-2011, 01:45 AM
OJ Simpson>>Ode to The Ghetto IMO

and c of tranquility was the shit

i was a fan of the "OJ Simpsons" albums as well but you gotta admit that Madlib overdid it with the skits this time... Madvillainy has alot of skits and weird inserts and it's incredible but when there's like 30% Guilty on the 60 minutes and 70% interludes. i mean even if there is an interlude between each and every song, there's still sometimes 1-minute interludes before and after a song starts and ends. to me that was just ridiciolous, i don't know what the hell Madlib was smoking, possibly it was that espspresso blend he started selling that made him think like a mainac haha.. as for the beats and rhymes on there? FIRE!

to me it was frustrating, because it felt like one of the top albums of the years was hiding somewhere in between "OJ Simpson" but tbh i think "Madlib Medicine Show #1" works better as a traditional Madlib/Guilty Simpson producer/MC album.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-08-2011, 05:38 AM
http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=121540&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=metahistorical&start=0

lol the only one who mentions the KRS-One / True Master album names about 50 of them.

KRS One is a legend like Rakim, but he should stop rapping too.

claaa7
01-08-2011, 07:02 AM
http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=121540&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=metahistorical&start=0

lol the only one who mentions the KRS-One / True Master album names about 50 of them.

yes we know that is your opinion by now wera. i don't know if you're very negative by nature but you sure do like discussing what you don't like more than what you do like which is a shame cuz you got good hip-hop knowledge... focus on positivity.

as for KRS, many people know me to hold him as one of the, if not THE G.O.A:T. and there's several reasons for that. one of them being his extended career run, the only longer running emcee that put out an almost as long career is LL Cool J. and look how bad he fell compared to Kris; i was one of the few who liked large parts of "Exit 13" but it doesn't have a god damn thing against "Survival Skills", "Hip-Hop Lives", "The Kristyle" and "Meta-Historical".

I be the first to admit that Kris was far from his peak on "Meta Historical", there were a bunch of simple lines and "emergency" rhymes on alot of the tracks but at the same time he manages to get his point across. There's a lot of interesting verses on the album, he is not saying NOTHING as you, or someone else claimed, in fact alot of the shit he says that probably had you scratching your head is "facts" from metaphysics. and after 25 years of dropping incredible material ("I spat the most spit in raps history") it's not odd that he is not as good or sound as fresh as he was during the BDP days. but as my man Guru famously once said "It's mostly the VOICE", Kris still has one of thee most powerful voice, the tone of a seasoned vet who's been there and done that, the voice of a general demanding you to listen.

From 1987 to 1997 KRS dropped 8 classics or close-to-classics, where he was the only MC and sometimes even the sole producer. i mean that's one of the most impressive features in all of hip-hop plus he has never ever been scared to say exactly what is on his mind (often in rhyme form). when the entire 5% nation was extremely large in NY in 1992 Kris recorded a diss track to The X-Clan where he tores the NOI's ideas of a white devil and a black god to shreds. i doubt any other MC on the planet would've had the guts to do that. and people only say he's praying all the time because they don't understand alot of the shit he's been saying. same as will Hell Razah's latest album, there's loads of jewels on there but if you don't have any information.n what's going on.

the only thing about him that can get tiresome is when he starts preaching too much about hip-hop, which he usually really don't do at all as much as believe claim him to. "Hip-Hop Lives" was an album ABOUT hh so that's not so weird tho, and he had a few weak moments there too but overall he CRUSHED IT and so did Marley Marl - great combination. "Rising To The Top", the title track, "Musika", "House Of Hits", "THE TEACHA'S BACK", "I Was There" (at least the beat, goddamn!), etc. amazing album!!

same with "Survival Skills", Duck Down hooked him and Buckwild up with some of the youngest hottest producers available and it really came together perfectly. Buckshot and KRS's chemsistry was off the hook but the best performance on the microphone was most defo KRS-One. With True, his lyrical performance was a tad bit weaker and there was alot of skits (but skits like "Madonna & Child" and "The Struggle" really hit me. Beats were amazing, i think both I and True Master himself is extremely happy he got the chance to do this album rather than with a Clan meember. the only MC that would be more interesting than Kris is Ghostface Killah right now imo.

KRS might not be the most "technical" or jerk-off while thinking of putting together multies but his other qualities more than make up for it. he's a true Master Of Ceremony and he truly, and whole-heartedly believes in hip-hop and want to make it as accepted as jazz, rock n roll and classical music - which it definitely should be.

this is a long ass post but i seen you spill your beans all over the place about how weak KRS is these days and while i really don't care if someone has a different opinion than me because i won't change anyones (why would i even want that) and anyone won't change mine. still i think Kris deserves every ounce of respect he gets and if you don't like it then say so and keep it moving. focus on positivity homie, the albums you did like.

for example that Mike Open Eagle album that you recommend wasn't good at all to me, he can possibly rap but his style, voice, beats and concept wasn't my type of music at all. i even tried to listen through it 3 times to see if it would hit me but it never did.. so you see

"Meta-Historical" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Open Mike Eagle's LP...

but that's just an opinion just like it's just an opinion that you thought the KRS-One/True Master album was bad. "HE'S US" is one of the illest songs of all year, KRS and True really dropping jewels on that and to me that's the ultimate truth (not the "there were no J in hebrew's, that has nothing to do with it). But Jesus are the same as ALL OF US, we are all linked together with eachother through a large shared conscious. we have been fooled into believing something else but thoughts can change so much more than people would ever believe if enough people realize what's happening.

this became a long ass post but i just had to defend KRS after i've seen you plenty of times with no reason say he should hang up the mic. same with Rakim, ok he's not very productive but "The Seventh Seal" was a dope album, he dropped lots of ill singles or the 4-track EP that appears before the live album. he has moved with the times but hasn't sold out and while he's not at his peak anymore he's better than majority of the underground rappers out there. once again "The 7th Seal" was much better than Mike Eagle Open's debut album imo´- and of course that's just my opinion and altho i heard the album 6-8 months ago i haven't even posted about it. i like to talk about albums and tracks i like, except when i'm anticipating something and it comes out wack then i'm frustrated for a short while.

sorry again for the fucking essay haha but i think i got my points across.

Frank Sobotka
01-08-2011, 08:56 AM
^tl;dr

Anyway, Before the Verdict > OJ Simpson

claaa7
01-08-2011, 09:06 AM
^tl;dr

too long, didn't read.. yes well it's for wera not you

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-08-2011, 04:40 PM
I respect your opinion, but it seems like an album that you either dislike or like. I'm sure people expected the same Kris like always and that's what he delivered, so here's the point of difference, sort to speak. I do agree about focusing on the negative things more...we all know that's easier to do =).

I think we should have a long discussion about Meta-Historical, and I really think everyone will have their own rating, cuz it's just not like that Big Boi or Celph Titled album, where everyone knows how good it is.

Dirty Knowledge
01-08-2011, 06:07 PM
I agree Green Ghost was very dissapointing. Beat wise mainly. Styles P had little to work with. considering it was a joint effort you assumed the beats would be dope.

Sheek's album I just thought was whack. This is all coming from a LOX fan.

I been said Wu Massacre was a dissapointment. It seemed like a fuck You, RZA album to me. Instead of having any real feeling to it. Felt like they didnt even record together. It still offered a little though, it wasnt ass or anything like that naw. There were hot lyrics and a few saving graces beats.

LOL @ ZRO made these dude's list. Z-ro always drops albums. Like every day. And even when he has a good song or 2, it's a ZRO song you've heard 20 times redone already.

I think they're trippin' on Bun and Pimp. They can like what they want but those albums were solid. Good rhymes on par with good beats. Not the best of the best but they delivered solidly.

LOL @ Pink Friday being on the list. Nicki ain't shit. But the disc just went platinum. Did he expect Diamond in the first 2 months or something?

GhettoGnom
01-09-2011, 07:27 AM
I agree Green Ghost was very dissapointing. Beat wise mainly. Styles P had little to work with. considering it was a joint effort you assumed the beats would be dope.

Sheek's album I just thought was whack. This is all coming from a LOX fan.

I been said Wu Massacre was a dissapointment. It seemed like a fuck You, RZA album to me. Instead of having any real feeling to it. Felt like they didnt even record together. It still offered a little though, it wasnt ass or anything like that naw. There were hot lyrics and a few saving graces beats.
Word to Sheek's (two good joints and a couple of decent ones, but the rest was just meh.. And I love Sheek) and Wu Massacre (which to me was pretty much front-to-back boring), but again, Green Ghost goes hard as fuck.. Great production, Styles just being raw all the way through. I don't see what more you could expect from it really.

LOL @ ZRO made these dude's list. Z-ro always drops albums. Like every day. And even when he has a good song or 2, it's a ZRO song you've heard 20 times redone already.
Word.

I think they're trippin' on Bun and Pimp. They can like what they want but those albums were solid. Good rhymes on par with good beats. Not the best of the best but they delivered solidly.
Haven't heard Pimp's album, but Trill OG was the definition of disappointing, and in no way do I see that as 'trippin'..

LOL @ Pink Friday being on the list. Nicki ain't shit. But the disc just went platinum. Did he expect Diamond in the first 2 months or something?
Sales got nothing to do with an album being disappointing..

The real question is though, who on earth would expect anything but trash from a Nicki album? :/

Jragonsoul
01-09-2011, 08:47 AM
I dont know why in the world they would KRS ONE and True Master-Meta Historical on there.To me that album was is one of my favorite albums of all time.As KRS is one of my favorite MCs.Most of the albums on the list I need to check out definatly.Trill OG was dissappointing for sure.Zro I havent checked for him in about a year now so I have no idea what hes doing.As for Pink Friday I wasent expecting anything special but ts Young Money so of course that shit was going to sell.Wu Massacre its not the best Wu realse but I enjoyed it.But it could of been way way better it seems it was missing something.

Dirty Knowledge
01-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Bun snapped off on Trill OG.. one nigga who will never change or never get old.. Bun is gonna hold the streets down 'till the day he dies. I thought if anything, the beat selection for the album was a lil' bleeehhhh.. but you still got Bun B over them all. And maybe it could've done with less / better choices for collabos but.. you gotta remember Bun B really isn't a true solo artist. Take that in to consideration when you bump solo Bun and you gotta give the dude credit. Could it have been better, MUCH better? Sure, in some aspects. Was it really THAT dissapointing, to put with other bum albums? Def. not.

Nicki Minaj shouldn't even be on the list period. She doesn't deserve to even be mentioned with the most dissapointing HIP HOP albums. She's Pop Rap AT BEST. But at the same time... this bitch outsold EVERYONE on the list probably put together LOL, I just think it's pure hate comin' from buddy on that one. Thought I'd point it out that there's a hater making one of them.

And Green Ghost I'll admit I was harsh on. I just felt like there were a few MISSES on the album. Maybe it's more balanced towards a HIT... but I was harsh, it's definitely not deserving of being on any dissapointment lists.

GhettoGnom
01-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Nicki Minaj shouldn't even be on the list period. She doesn't deserve to even be mentioned with the most dissapointing HIP HOP albums. She's Pop Rap AT BEST. But at the same time... this bitch outsold EVERYONE on the list probably put together LOL, I just think it's pure hate comin' from buddy on that one. Thought I'd point it out that there's a hater making one of them.

Haha, agreed.

I see your bun point as well, but considering how we all know how he can spit, expectations easily gets a bit higher than they probably should. I know mine were.

adrianoter
01-11-2011, 08:03 PM
yes we know that is your opinion by now wera. i don't know if you're very negative by nature but you sure do like discussing what you don't like more than what you do like which is a shame cuz you got good hip-hop knowledge... focus on positivity.

You made some great points man, you seem a true fan of the man and his rappin, Im sure youve already heard this ish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=609GxtbnWLM

Cannot wait for the rest of this album. And Yeah Reggie was straight poop.

CharlesJones
01-21-2011, 04:23 PM
LOL@the dudes who dissed Rah Digga, Redman, Ice Cube, Inspectah Deck, Wu Massacre, Bun B, Canibus, Sheek's albums hahahahahahahaha. I figured these albums by them sucked and i haven't even heard them LOL. I heard a few songs from Rah Digga's Classic album on Youtube and i didn't like them because of the beats. She can still rap. I gave up on Redman after Red Gone Wild album. I didn't like Doc's Da Name, Malpractice, Blackout albums either. LOL@Thomas saying he's gonna give up on Canibus hahahahahahahahaha. I gave up on him after his 2nd album LOL. The Lox have been a disappointment because they're good rappers. I don't like their group albums and solo albums. I do like Styles A Gangsta and a Gentleman album and that's it. I'm sure their mixtapes are better than their albums and i'm gonna eventually check out their mixtapes. I gave up on Ice Cube after War and Peace albums. I don't know why some of ya'll be getting excited about a new Ice Cube album LOL. Ya'll need to realize he'll never make a good album again.

main_man
01-24-2011, 12:34 AM
i think there is a huge difference between "worst of the year" and "most disappointing".

i was really disappointed with "recovery". i like the dark, funny eminem. this new motivational speaker em im not as much of a fan of. but it wasn't his flow that made that album suck for me, it was the fuckin trash ass pussyfied beats. and his constant awful singing. lyrically he was on point. but mr. i-dont-give-a-fuck showed that now he does give a fuck and made a album straight for radio play. very disappointing, marshall. he dont need the money at all. he could drop a damn dj muggs vs eminem album and still go platinum.

felt the same way about redman's "reggie" album. red's flow is still on point. but the beats were just trash.

deck's lastest effort showed he has no ear for beats either. someone needs to help this brother out. he's too damn talented to put out album after album of bland, soulless beats like this.

other disappointing 2010 albums:
sadat x - wild cowboys 2
murs and 9th wonder - fornever
cypress hill - rise up (really guys? no muggs ISN'T cypress hill)
capone and noreaga - the war report 2 ( not a bad album. but with that title it should have been way, way better. war report is a CLASSIC)

and while it was a really good album, i was disappointed with the amount of bullshit t.v. samples madlib cluttered the guilty simpson callabo "o.j. simpson" with. if you just burn it without all the bullshit on it and just the songs where guilty actually RAPS, its way better.

Longbongcilvaringz
01-24-2011, 08:41 AM

hahaha, so true.

One thing i can't stand in a rapping is being preachy, as soon as KRS started with that shit, he may as well have retired. His political philosophy is an embarrassment and he's a mouth piece for pretty much any crack pot conspiracy theory about governmental power.

As for the lists....

I don't get how, as a Canibus fan, you could not like C of Tranquility.

Or how it was at all disappointing.

It went far beyond my expectations.

Same with Wu Massacre, what the fuck were they expecting.

Show when these guys produced any form that would indicate that these albums were going to be amazing? Canibus managed to capitalise on a couple of decent albums by turning out a pretty great album, but i don't think anyone expected huge things from him.

Everyone in Wu Massacre apart from Rae had a horrible lead in to that album, Ghost and Meth were barely visible before that dropped. And they were both much better on it that i expected. As for Rae, he actually managed to string a few rhyming lines together!!!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_JEfe6AelcdQ/R37vGY0tBSI/AAAAAAAAAYE/oru4LgbUpGM/s320/_41186601_hooray-pa5.jpg

Longbongcilvaringz
01-24-2011, 08:46 AM
Oh yeah, and Madlib can't help but imbue pretty much everything he makes with vaguely irritating or disquieting bullshit, it's part of his charm i guess....