PDA

View Full Version : Who flipped it better? Me or Immortal Technique?

Professor Poopsnagle
01-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Here's the sample:

QXA3n769Jdg

Immortal Technique (not 100% sure if he produced it too)

3hiB-Whoxec

or me

http://www.box.net/shared/29dsga0e6j

Sativahhh
01-06-2011, 05:53 PM
u no doubt
lol ur beat is too dope..
sounds too fat

pRoTeChTyAnEcK
01-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Internally Bleeding was produced by Domingo. That flip is better imo, but I like the solid drum work on your version.

Professor Poopsnagle
01-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Thanks. I sampled it before I found out it was already sampled. I hate when that happens. I never heard of Domingo though.

Sativahhh
01-06-2011, 06:06 PM
. I sampled it before I found out it was already sampled. I hate when that happens..

co-sign

pRoTeChTyAnEcK
01-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Thanks. I sampled it before I found out it was already sampled. I hate when that happens. I never heard of Domingo though.

Word. I feel you. I've done that plenty of times myself.

I actually got a Domingo beat for my 2nd album. Peep out the tracks Domingo has produced....Dude is a beast:
http://www.myspace.com/domingomusic/blog/537471132

Professor Poopsnagle
01-06-2011, 06:30 PM
That's quite a resume. He even did that Amy Winehouse track, wtf. I still feel he messed up that beat he did for Immortal.

Undiluted Karma
01-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Internally Bleeding was produced by Domingo. That flip is better imo, but I like the solid drum work on your version.

I agree with pyn.

BLACK BART SIMPSON
01-06-2011, 07:07 PM
tht imorrtal tech beat was wack urs was 10000 times better imo lol

StoneMessiah
01-06-2011, 08:36 PM
i gotta say i dig domingos beat more. yours was pretty good but i love that track.

M.O.D.
01-06-2011, 09:13 PM
domingo no doubt

SKAMPOE
01-07-2011, 06:48 AM
domingo is a legend

he did werk for my fam down in Puerto Rico

pRoTeChTyAnEcK
01-07-2011, 12:30 PM
I just can't see Immortal backed by any other beat for that track. Everything in the song is a complete package to me. Lyrics, delivery, production, mixing and mastering. Internally Bleeding was the point in the album where I said fuck it and ran out to buy the damn thing.

Sinapse
01-07-2011, 12:57 PM
You're beat is good don't get me wrong but it's more obvious how you flipped it, also the kind of beat that a lot of people might make with that sample - again not knocking you bro, but the Domingo beat makes me say wtf how did he do that. It's mad creative and the last thing you would think of when you listen to the sample IMO

Professor Poopsnagle
01-07-2011, 01:32 PM
I thought it was more obvious what Domingo did. What he did was take two stabs pitch 'm high and loop them over and over and then throw on a bass and high synth bells. I feel I put more effort in it and got more creative with it too. I don't mean to get cocky or pretend I'm better, just feel I outdid him here. Oh well fuck it the people have spoken and I lost.

Sinapse
01-07-2011, 03:25 PM
I thought it was more obvious what Domingo did. What he did was take two stabs pitch 'm high and loop them over and over and then throw on a bass and high synth bells. I feel I put more effort in it and got more creative with it too. I don't mean to get cocky or pretend I'm better, just feel I outdid him here. Oh well fuck it the people have spoken and I lost.

lol, nah I feel you man. Your beat was strong for sure, overall you have gotten pretty damn good man, especially your drum work...but yo what I meant was the creative thought process to make that kind/type of beat with the pounding down tempo swing...it's just not what comes to mind when you hear the sample, so when I was talking there I was referring more to the swing and arrangement...but yea man dope beat either way keep it coming

Sham-iLL
01-07-2011, 03:51 PM
imo both beats are blah; they're not beats to listen to. yes you flipped the sample, but it's not a go to listen to attractive beat. beats of this type are just beats to spit too and you hear the artists' lyrics & choose if it's a good song or not... but at the end of the day you're not gonna go to someone & say "hey, you heard that crazy beat on [trackname]?"

Professor Poopsnagle
01-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Isn't that basically what a beat is? Something for someone to put some vocals on and then it becomes a song? I could listen to hours of Alchemist beats and when I look on youtube to some Dilla or Primo produced song, half of the comments are about the beats. lol, nah I feel you man. Your beat was strong for sure, overall you have gotten pretty damn good man, especially your drum work...but yo what I meant was the creative thought process to make that kind/type of beat with the pounding down tempo swing...it's just not what comes to mind when you hear the sample, so when I was talking there I was referring more to the swing and arrangement...but yea man dope beat either way keep it comingOk I see what you mean. Different ears on different heads I guess.

Sham-iLL
01-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Isn't that basically what a beat is? Something for someone to put some vocals on and then it becomes a song? I could listen to hours of Alchemist beats and when I look on youtube to some Dilla or Primo produced song, half of the comments are about the beats.

Yes basically it is, but when you have impeccable lyrics, your audience range is limited, so if you have a beat that a general mass of people can just enjoy even without someone spitting on it, you have a larger audience who will keep checking on you just for the beats but they will be absorbing your lyricism at the same time. kanye isn't the best rapper, but people love the LP he just put out because the beats are amazing to just listen to, and he knows how to deliver with his tone of voice and expression on those beats. his rhymes aren't the best, his lyrical concepts aren't great, but the beats match the emotions, delivery, tone of voice, expression in his words...

It's hard to explain, I mean, I can spit on any beat, but there are only a few beats I REALLY want to spit on because I can sit down and act like an embodiment of the general masses and figure out if everyone will like this, or an aspect of me whose Top 10 rappers are Rakim GZA Phaorahe Monch Kool G Rap Slick Rick Nas Andre 3000 Big Daddy Kane AZ Ghostface etc is the one that likes the beat. More times, the aspect of me who listens to those artists likes beats that most people do not like.

For example:

XIVf-JTd2-Q

Most people on Wu-Tang corp would agree this beat is garbage

however, if I get out of character, this beat would attract the masses, and I wish this beat was given to me because then it would've been an original beat, I would murk it with an attractive delivery just for cosmetic reasons so that most people will enjoy listening to me, however I would keep it lyrical and mix all that together so that I would keep it "real rap/hip-hop." then with the right promotion, the song would blow up.

and yes drake and t.i. were whack on the track but mad ppl love this song just cuz the delivery accent pronunciation charisma pitch clear tone of voice all that cosmetic shit mixed with an attractive beat.

extremely lame punchlines and shit, but a good rapper would've been able to bless this and appeal to every crowd

Sinapse
01-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Yes basically it is, but when you have impeccable lyrics, your audience range is limited, so if you have a beat that a general mass of people can just enjoy even without someone spitting on it, you have a larger audience who will keep checking on you just for the beats but they will be absorbing your lyricism at the same time. kanye isn't the best rapper, but people love the LP he just put out because the beats are amazing to just listen to, and he knows how to deliver with his tone of voice and expression on those beats. his rhymes aren't the best, his lyrical concepts aren't great, but the beats match the emotions, delivery, tone of voice, expression in his words...

It's hard to explain, I mean, I can spit on any beat, but there are only a few beats I REALLY want to spit on because I can sit down and act like an embodiment of the general masses and figure out if everyone will like this, or an aspect of me whose Top 10 rappers are Rakim GZA Phaorahe Monch Kool G Rap Slick Rick Nas Andre 3000 Big Daddy Kane AZ Ghostface etc is the one that likes the beat. More times, the aspect of me who listens to those artists likes beats that most people do not like.

For example:

XIVf-JTd2-Q

Most people on Wu-Tang corp would agree this beat is garbage

however, if I get out of character, this beat would attract the masses, and I wish this beat was given to me because then it would've been an original beat, I would murk it with an attractive delivery just for cosmetic reasons so that most people will enjoy listening to me, however I would keep it lyrical and mix all that together so that I would keep it "real rap/hip-hop." then with the right promotion, the song would blow up.

and yes drake and t.i. were whack on the track but mad ppl love this song just cuz the delivery accent pronunciation charisma pitch clear tone of voice all that cosmetic shit mixed with an attractive beat.

extremely lame punchlines and shit, but a good rapper would've been able to bless this and appeal to every crowd

People dance around to crap like that song you posted b/c it's what the radio/clubs play b/c it's what the labels put out. If all that dropped out of existence and the radio/clubs were playing what they did in the 90's, that would be what everyone thought is hot. It's more about how the radio/clubs and labels dictate things. However on an indie level you are completely wrong, there are audiences for classic hip hop sound. Also, as far as sitting down and trying to think about what the masses are thinking is a logical sounding formula for crafting a hit but I don't think RZA was sitting around wondering what the masses may or may not like. Art is an expression of your soul, if it's what people wanna hear and it pops, so be it.

SKAMPOE
01-07-2011, 05:14 PM
truth

Professor Poopsnagle
01-07-2011, 05:26 PM
I had a lot of text written down here but shit stopped loading so fuck it I'll keep it short.

That was a very informative post, but I don't try to cater to any rapper. I didn't have anyone in mind when I made this. It might have turned out different though. I just make this shit for myself.

A year ago I just downloaded FL and started pushing buttons and every now and then something came out that sounded the way I wanted and I posted here. Most of the reactions were positive, that's really what I do it for. I don't have dreams of anyone semi famous rapping over my beats or even selling anything. It's all about me and my selfesteem.

SKAMPOE
01-07-2011, 05:34 PM
your a faggit Jasper

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
01-07-2011, 05:48 PM
im not a huge tech fan so maybe my thoughts are considered biased , but that beat by domingo was ok at the most and ive heard better flips of that sample before , but as far as you shit jasp it was pretty good id make love to it and itll sound better formed than techs track , maybe not as lyrical . so imma hafta say i like jasp more

MENES
01-07-2011, 06:02 PM
Internally Bleeding was one of my favorite teq songs back in the day. the track is absolutely menacing,

I am non adaptive, the old and preconceived holds a special place in my heart and mental. Impossibly Biased. That being said they are 2 completely different beats

oh and sham-wow c'mon son get the fuck out

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
01-07-2011, 06:09 PM
[/QUOTE]and yes drake and t.i. were whack on the track but mad ppl love this song just cuz the delivery accent pronunciation charisma pitch clear tone of voice all that cosmetic shit mixed with an attractive beat.

extremely lame punchlines and shit, but a good rapper would've been able to bless this and appeal to every crowd[/QUOTE]

no people love that track because its got a catchy hook ...and its played on the radio so it must be hott....right must be

Sham-iLL
01-07-2011, 06:40 PM
People dance around to crap like that song you posted b/c it's what the radio/clubs play b/c it's what the labels put out. If all that dropped out of existence and the radio/clubs were playing what they did in the 90's, that would be what everyone thought is hot. It's more about how the radio/clubs and labels dictate things. However on an indie level you are completely wrong, there are audiences for classic hip hop sound. Also, as far as sitting down and trying to think about what the masses are thinking is a logical sounding formula for crafting a hit but I don't think RZA was sitting around wondering what the masses may or may not like. Art is an expression of your soul, if it's what people wanna hear and it pops, so be it.
Labels put out a lot of music but out of all the songs they put out there's really like 20 tracks people have in heavy rotation or trending. And that is the thing, I am aware that audience, however, I am sure that audience would be able to listen to that T.I. & Drake track if they spit something like Inspectah's verse on Triumph. The masses would still fuck with the track just because they like the beat, however the verse has to be listenable to ad not just some monotone rapper. I like the idea of expanding the lane and appealing to every crowd, or many crowds because you can't appeal to everyone. I don't like limiting my audience, I want everyone bumping my shit. Wu-Tang didn't have to face this back in '94 because they all knew lyrics and having heavy sampled music would be hot. Nowadays though, there is a thin line between pop and rap. A lot of songs that are labeled as rap are just pop but I think there is a way to make it and still be lyrical. I am aware of what you are saying though. Art is indeed an expression of soul, and I'd like my expression to reach to everyone.

no people love that track because its got a catchy hook ...and its played on the radio so it must be hott....right must be
Maybe some people love the track because of the catchy hook but a lot of people love the track for Drake's verse, and he didn't do the hook. This song aint even on the radio, it's not a single of the album... (yet?). It gets played at clubs just because a lot of people looked out for T.I.'s album, played it, heard this track and were like bam we gotta play THIS song. I strongly believe that if you're lyrical and stay true to the Golden Age Hip Hop type of rap that you can still make it to the top, you just have to understand what people like without dumbing down your lyrics.

Poison Flowerz!
01-07-2011, 09:20 PM
i enjoyed yours infinitely more! how did Domingo not use that p art of the sample? ill drums to

Professor Poopsnagle
01-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Thanks man. I appreciate it. The final version is linked in my sig.

SKAMPOE
01-08-2011, 12:52 AM
shit is fuckin greatness

SKAMPOE
01-08-2011, 12:58 AM
oh say whoerd this dude tryna chaarge meh

run that mp3 n watch it get laced right mufuckin now

Caper
01-08-2011, 01:04 AM
I heard of domingo before from my boy bamboo he was workin with him alot

LORD ZERO
01-08-2011, 01:31 AM