03. Strong Arm Steady In Search of Stoney Jackson
02. DJ Premier Presents Year Round Records Get Used To Us
01. Ghostface Killah Apollo Kids

DJ Deoseyus
01-08-2011, 06:21 AM
Drake!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!??!?!

Sham-iLL
01-08-2011, 06:36 AM
.............. how the fuck did drake score so high and the roots scored so low? where is nas n damien? where is hi tek n talib? where is brotha lynch hung? where's canibus??

but smfh
if ur gonna put drake there then you might as well put manifesto - ins on there smh and recovery - eminem and a bunch of shit

fortyglock
01-08-2011, 06:39 AM
I was most surprised at how low in the list Nineteen Ninety Now was placed. Imo that should've been in the top 5. However, I'm glad to see Apollo Kids at #1 though, that was an incredible album by Ghost.

claaa7
01-08-2011, 07:15 AM
^ trust me DJ Premier fucking LOVES Ghostface Killah, no homo. he does a list like this every year and 2007 he had "The Big Doe Rehab" as #1 (no signs of "8 Diagrams tho) and he had "Ob4cl2" high on last years and possibly "Chamber Music" was included. Damn i just saw he has "Wu Massacre" as #3 too, the guy sure is a Wu head - i hope Deck reads that list.

Haha i love how he put "Get Used to Us" as second considering it's his own album, although it's dope as hell. "Tha Blaqprint" was #1 2009 lol. Celph Titled and Buckwild + "Marcberg" should be way higher, very suprised he didn't put it there. glad he recognized "Meta Historical" too. Drake is weak but i don't really care if Premier likes him or not, i know i don't but what really bugs me the fuck out is how he gonna include the bitch-ass homo that is Rick Ross. blashphemy!

decent list, thx for posting

irish ins
01-08-2011, 08:44 AM
it would be great for Ghost to actually hop on a Premo track - collab album?
Would imagine Premo would give him a good price on some beats.

Frank Sobotka
01-08-2011, 08:54 AM
http://www.djpremierblog.com/

25. Ice Cube I Am The West
24. Bun B Trill OG
11. Drake Thank Me Later
10. Fat Joe The Darkside Vol. 1
08. Rick Ross Teflon Don
06. Statik Selektah & Termanology 1982
04. Meth, Ghost & Rae Wu Massacre

The fuck @ these

Undiluted Karma
01-08-2011, 09:06 AM
^ trust me DJ Premier fucking LOVES Ghostface Killah, no homo. he does a list like this every year and 2007 he had "The Big Doe Rehab" as #1 (no signs of "8 Diagrams tho) and he had "Ob4cl2" high on last years and possibly "Chamber Music" was included. Damn i just saw he has "Wu Massacre" as #3 too, the guy sure is a Wu head - i hope Deck reads that list.

Haha i love how he put "Get Used to Us" as second considering it's his own album, although it's dope as hell. "Tha Blaqprint" was #1 2009 lol. Celph Titled and Buckwild + "Marcberg" should be way higher, very suprised he didn't put it there. glad he recognized "Meta Historical" too. Drake is weak but i don't really care if Premier likes him or not, i know i don't but what really bugs me the fuck out is how he gonna include the bitch-ass homo that is Rick Ross. blashphemy!

haha yeah man i can believe that and that he got mad love for Deck

claaa7
01-08-2011, 09:08 AM
^ yes and i'm pretty sure that means that both Ghost and Deck would be able to get some incredible DJ Premier beats even with a low budget which fucking bugs me. plus Preem owes Deck one from the Gang Starr album.

sometimes I wonder if Deck didn't even like the original Wu-Tang, RZA-produced sound. it's obvious that he thinks "Manifesto" is a much better than (the very Wu sounding) "Ghost Dog" album.

-The A to the Z-
01-08-2011, 09:18 AM
sometimes I wonder if Deck didn't even like the original Wu-Tang, RZA-produced sound. it's obvious that he thinks "Manifesto" is a much better than (the very Wu sounding) "Ghost Dog" album.

Yeah where was this interview where he sounded dismissive of the beats RZA offered him, I haven't seen it?

fortyglock
01-08-2011, 09:22 AM

In an interview from around 2006 I think, Deck even said something like he felt Iron Flag was a better album than The W. I'll try to find it...

fortyglock
01-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Found it : http://hiphopgame.ihiphop.com/index2.php3?page=inspectahdeck2

We don't want to put an album out and have them treat it like our past ones. I liked "Iron Flag", but I wasn't proud of "The W". I wasn't proud of that. "Iron Flag was an up-to-date version of "36 Chambers" to me.

It's under the 'How was the chemistry without ODB?' question.

whitey
01-08-2011, 09:40 AM

gotta disagree 180 on that claa. and i respect your music opinion on a lot of stuff.

but drake is the bitch-ass homo. hes just a complete corn ball. vinnie from jersey shore even burned him in a freestyle...."our love makes no sense....drake lines" (id actually rather listen to vinnie rap then drake) the dudes just wack.

krU-cDLXMwo

ross on the other hand at least puts out good music. beats are always hard as hell. he not lyrical god but he does enough to make it decent.

Undiluted Karma
01-08-2011, 09:46 AM
^ yes and i'm pretty sure that means that both Ghost and Deck would be able to get some incredible DJ Premier beats even with a low budget which fucking bugs me. plus Preem owes Deck one from the Gang Starr album.

Funny you should say that bro cuz I was thinking Preem obv has got respect for Deck and like u said Premo owes Deck one, im sure he would be more than willing to lace Deck with beats or even a whole album! I would rather have a more RZA influenced Deck album but like you said the whole RZA beats issue. Imagine if Decks last solo album had production from the likes of Premo,9th Wonder, Ayatollah,Illmind, Deck himself and MK- that would be a 5* banger right there.

Deck also needs to expand his production to producing for more emcees too. I would place him productionwise among the likes of Ayatollah and I think he can do well for that sort of market like for Ruck etc. He did say he was gonna drop an instrumental LP though which is cool

Undiluted Karma
01-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Found it : http://hiphopgame.ihiphop.com/index2.php3?page=inspectahdeck2

It's under the 'How was the chemistry without ODB?' question.

ty for that never knw that. i know most people on this forum including myself prefer the W

OntheHorizon
01-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Everybodies entitled to their own opinion, but I stopped caring when I seen he rated his own compilation #2, lol

Arrogant much???

Just out of class I would leave my own work off a list like this

As far as the list goes, I've been a cube fan my whole life but he started the list off on a bad note with me when he included that abortion of an album at all........and I could keep goin but I wont, like I said, opinions are like assholes..........

Dr. Simon Hurt
01-08-2011, 11:19 AM
lol @ drake's album being better than the roots, and i notice a trend of east coast blogs not even ranking big boi's album when it was better than most of this bullshit.

OntheHorizon
01-08-2011, 11:28 AM
lol @ drake's album being better than the roots, and i notice a trend of east coast blogs not even ranking big boi's album when it was better than most of this bullshit.

Well, you cant really call it anti-Southern discrimination when Rick Ross is up there at the top tho

I dont get the logic there either but I think it has more to do with bad taste then hating, lol

Dr. Simon Hurt
01-08-2011, 11:35 AM
^ya i wasn't going to call it anti-southern discrimination for that same reason, maybe the low ranking for the roots and the absence of the big boi album has to do with the number of sung hooks? nas and damian wasn't on there either, or reflection eternal. smh.

Cesar
01-08-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm sorry is this DJ Premier top 25 albums of 2010 or ya'll's??? All I see its a bunch of cry babies on here complaining.

Sham-iLL
01-08-2011, 01:10 PM
and why can't we have an opinion on his list faggot? i guess no one should reply to this thread or are we only allowed to be posting about sucking premo's dick and say OH YEAH PREMO I AGREE WITH YOU YOUR LIST IS PERFECT??

Dr. Simon Hurt
01-08-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm sorry is this DJ Premier top 25 albums of 2010 or ya'll's??? All I see its a bunch of cry babies on here complaining.

uh...last time i checked, this was a discussion board.

dumbass.

Djaminha
01-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Fornever?

Albums is hot semen

CharlesJones
01-08-2011, 01:56 PM
LOL@DJ Premier's list hahahahahahahahahahaha. It seems he likes anything. I wouldn't have put Ice Cube, Bun B, Rick Ross, Drake, Freeway on that list. LOL@Inspectah Deck said he likes Iron Flag album. Iron Flag sucks too. I do agree with him that The W album sucks. LOL@Onthehorizon dissing Ice Cube's latest album hahahahahahahaha. Yeah he hasn't made a good album in a very long time. That's why i laugh when i see people posting about a new album from him because he won't make a good album anymore. The 90's was the last decade he did good music. He should just stick to doing movies. His Are We There Yet tv show i don't think is gonna last long. He's the executive producer of it and i've seen a couple of episodes and it's not that funny.

Taskmaster2112
01-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Deack could probably get beats from Pete Rock too since they've worked together before and its clear that Pete Rock has a lot of respect for the Clan.

Cesar
01-08-2011, 02:21 PM
LOL @ Pandemic and Sham ILL, I bet ya dudes eyes got watery when you saw that Primo didn't pick your favorite albums but instead picked Drake or Rick Ross. Niggas catching feelings over someone else's opinions isn't the same as theirs, LOL

I don't agree with that list but you don't see me getting emotional or crying about it. lol

Tecknowledgist
01-08-2011, 03:03 PM
discussion is nice but it's funny to see people getting upset and not knowing what to do because someone they idolize likes something they don't like lol

that being said, shitty list.

Nuttkase
01-08-2011, 04:04 PM
yeah!! cool Top 25 !!

Ghostface album is dope

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-08-2011, 05:14 PM
I said this before about Premier, hes seems out of touch with hip hop these days. It was the same shit with his 2009 list.

He always talks about representing "real hip hop", but ignore most of the real hip hop in his "best of lists".

No Big Boi?
No Marcberg?
No Curren$y?
No Kanye?
No Nas and Marley?

Lol.

fortyglock
01-08-2011, 05:32 PM
^ He had Marcberg in the list...just lower down lol.

I was kinda surprised that Big Boi wasn't in that list, I felt like that was one of the better, more enjoyable/creative hip hop albums this year, along with Distant Relatives.

He always talks about representing "real hip hop"

With this point in mind I expected to see the Celph Titled/Buckwild album in the top 5, since it's basically a 90's hip hop throwback album (I mean throwback album in a good way here).

Sham-iLL
01-09-2011, 01:28 PM
LOL @ Pandemic and Sham ILL, I bet ya dudes eyes got watery when you saw that Primo didn't pick your favorite albums but instead picked Drake or Rick Ross. Niggas catching feelings over someone else's opinions isn't the same as theirs, LOL

I don't agree with that list but you don't see me getting emotional or crying about it. lol

i only have 2 albums that i picked as favorites last year and he chose them so go kill yourself lol i guess if u interpret i caught feelings from my response then i guess you slit your wrists by your response

oDoUoSoKo
01-09-2011, 02:26 PM
CnKHeZp0FhI&feature=related

good call ^^

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-09-2011, 03:34 PM
just to include that horrible album from Ice Cube is blasphemy itself. but I understand he don't have time to check every artist out there, 2010 was like the best year for hiphop since 2001.

oDoUoSoKo
01-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Cesar loves 50 cent...leave thread now.eloels.

drippie k
01-09-2011, 05:09 PM
gotta disagree 180 on that claa. and i respect your music opinion on a lot of stuff.

but drake is the bitch-ass homo. hes just a complete corn ball. vinnie from jersey shore even burned him in a freestyle...."our love makes no sense....drake lines" (id actually rather listen to vinnie rap then drake) the dudes just wack.

krU-cDLXMwo

ross on the other hand at least puts out good music. beats are always hard as hell. he not lyrical god but he does enough to make it decent.
ahhahahaha i always liked vinnie on the show, he's fucking funny...GRENADES!! WE GOT GRENADES!!!

food for thought
01-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Gay list.

BIG D O
01-09-2011, 06:08 PM
poor list....

adrianoter
01-09-2011, 07:25 PM
http://www.djpremierblog.com/

03. Strong Arm Steady In Search of Stoney Jackson
02. DJ Premier Presents Year Round Records Get Used To Us
01. Ghostface Killah Apollo Kids

bit wack he put his own shit at no 2, not biased or nothing no, but i agree with no 3, that shit was tight, Apollo Kids is aiight, nothing earth shattering though.