PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that Fifty Cent's career is done?

David Daniel Davis
01-09-2011, 11:29 PM
Before I Self Destruct has been out for over a year and still is not gold; he also has not been keeping his name out there either and we all know how forgetful rap people can be

OntheHorizon
01-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Before I Self Destruct has been out for over a year and still is not gold; he also has not been keeping his name out there either and we all know how forgetful rap people can be

Actually, I think interscope paid to get it its Gold Certification, it didnt sell over 500K but It pushed it so I think he has a plaque at his crib for it

As for his career in rap, yeah its over but I doubt he cares, 50 was always in this for the money and the music Buisness is a laughable joke now, the biggest star in the world can only sell Triple Platinum..............Think about that, Em had the best selling album of the year in 2002 & 2010, but the Numbers in 2002 were over 8 Million and the numbers this year were a lil over 3..........

A guy like 50 see's that and starts caring less about music, he's a buisnessman, he'll probably still rap to keep his name out there so it helps him get involved in his next side venture, but I doubt he gives a fuck what it does or what people think of it, selling music nowadays isnt a serious buisness, everybody going broke and gettin in tax trouble and what not..........If 50 makes another music video it will be to advertise his new shoes or whatever the fuck he's selling to make his real money

Frank Sobotka
01-10-2011, 12:35 AM
He's too busy trolling.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
01-10-2011, 12:51 AM
He's too busy trolling.

yeah trolling behind eminem

sickdog
01-10-2011, 12:53 AM
50 cent can eat a dick. and long time ago i said that this monkey gunna sell few albums and fade.

Paranoid
01-10-2011, 01:34 AM
I hope its done.

EAGLE EYE
01-10-2011, 02:11 AM
Sleek by 50 Cent Headphones

by GreasyGuide on January 7, 2011

http://posterous.com/getfile/files.posterous.com/mikestreet/roLaLxaAbmA3EyH2aGbhGvmF6Tk7vqE0Odw21pluC3AXueCaH1 OegULsmbR3/50cent-cans.jpg

Move over Dr. Dre…50 Cent is ready to take over the high end
headphone game with Sleek by 50 Cent Headphones. One cool feature is
that four pairs of these headphones can listen to the same audio
source at once.

gXvrZTE1gLs

Check out the ☍ video (http://www.affinityclick.com/) for more ☍ info (http://www.affinityclick.com/).

Sleek are designed by 50 and ☍ engineered (http://www.affinityclick.com/) by Sleek, and are the first
headphones ever to offer ‘☍ Wireless Hybrid (http://www.affinityclick.com/)’ technology with
military-grade metals. More specifically, the Sleek by 50 Cent
Platinum headphones utilize Kleer ☍ lossless wireless technology (http://www.affinityclick.com/), with a
60 ☍ foot range (http://www.affinityclick.com/) and a micro-USB rechargeable battery. If you run out of
☍ juice (http://www.affinityclick.com/), there’s a detachable mic cable that can be jacked in for
continued listening.

snakesonawiggly
01-10-2011, 02:13 AM
If Return Of The Hearless Monstor is really him returning to his get Rich or Die tryin days then I think 50 will have a career reemeregence. Im just pumped to hear the track with Boosie.

issues
01-10-2011, 02:42 AM
50 stays gettin money..

Undiluted Karma
01-10-2011, 06:45 AM
yah i dont think his career is over but i dont think hes too heartbroken hes made a ridiculous amount of money and will continue to do so through side ventures etc even if he doesnt rap at all or as much

and for the record all these artists are retards for getting into tax trouble

J-DON
01-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Hell still drop 1 or 2 more albums. His days of Platinum albums are done but hes still doing better than most.

angry!
01-10-2011, 06:17 PM
the only niggas that stopped fuckin with 50...

are the same niggas that bought multiple copies of GRODT, and creamed their pants over him gettin clapped in the backseat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they are now onto other things, enjoying the flavor of the month....

the long time fans..

that saw POTD, and the initial mixtape run...

are still here...

50 did it bigger than anyone in a short period of time... got paid, built an empire, and parlayed his music career, into something bigger than anyone couldve imagined...

hes also one of the ONLY artist/ceo/label heads... to actually give artists a fair shake...

and a real platform to pop...

easily one of the best bosses in music!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50 still drops dope shit, ontop of running a swollen empire...

so obv the passion for making music is there...

hes one of the msot hated ever...

when hes factually, one of the more genuine personalities, to hit it big... commercially...

son is gettin 200 million dollar advances, producing/writing/directing films...

so even when hes not out in front, hes still making power moves...

200 mil advance, is unheard of... thats TRUST...

thats a long history, of flipping shit into sugar....

i cant do nothing but respect the nigga!!!!!!!!!!!!

EAGLE EYE
01-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Read today, Val Kilmer is starring in a movie 50 wrote. It's coming out soon.

angry!
01-10-2011, 06:32 PM
thats funny robby...

val and fif must be friends...

val is fucked up...

he went from leading man...

to chubby straight to DVD star on coke.... FAST!!!!!!!!!!!

that movie with fif and val... in new orleans... was TERRIBLE...

i think fif is a terrible actor...

BUT...

theres no doubt in my mind he wil keep working at it, and hell do whatever needs to be done, to make those movies pop...

yall know how 50 had the cologne right?!?!?!!?!?

well he got kim kardashian signed up... through a company he formed...

and put a fragrance out...

so kim k fans... are puttin money in 50 cents pocket... without even knowin it....

tahts a HUSTLER...

even if you hate his music, watch how he moves...

its inspiring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i couldnt stand MASTER P music, but i respect the fuck outta that nigga...

that dude... was and is....a fuckin BOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and the game he laid down, is still being emulated today...

200 million dollar advance, multi film deal...

if he turns a profit, which goin by his track record... seems likely...

this nigga is gonna be HOGGING shit, crackin heads in a different format...

adapt... and conquer...

from the block to the office...

real MOVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think fif got a real future writing movies, b4isd movie packaged with the CD, was a good little hood flick... on bare bone budget, and limited time...

plus i respect fif, for telling iovine to go fuck himself...

as dre and em, still dont move ANYWHERE... without jimmy!!!!!!!!!!!

he told that rich fuck to back off...

i wouldnt be suprised if iovine is throwing weight around, against fif, behind the scenes...

the industry needs more niggas like 50 cent, real boss niggas that dont backdown...

deeznutz1981
01-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Angry going in on some serious real talk in this thread.

I will always respect 50 he came from the streets and was/is a real dude straight up. he's probably one of the most inspiring street hustlers in the game. he's what jay-z would like you all to believe he was

and yeah he's rich so the streets are behind him but like angry said that's exactly what he set out to do and he did it and crushed the rap game and now he's making straight power moves and caking heavy with all these business ventures and shit. I just read that stock in those headphones have soared since 50 announced getting behind the project. and these investors arent dumb 16 year old kids buying into the shit these are serious business men who know that whatever 50 touches will quite possibly go gold. Now I dont like a lot of his newer music because it's a little too radio friendly and pop for me but his grimey tracks are fuckin some of the best cause the things he says is believable and you know he knows what's he's talking about so he gets my respect any day of the week for what he's accomplished and where he came from.

plus he's a fuckin funny ass dude that guy cracks me up when he's going at people. ever since i heard him call irv gotti a fat cupcake eatin ma'fucker on cocaine dreams i thought that was jokes lol i also agree that his movies and acting generally suck but still what other rappers are making moves like that?

threadstarter is kind of a fag btw

peace

EAGLE EYE
01-11-2011, 01:27 PM
50 Cent moves markets

The share price for stock in H&H Imports, Inc. went up 290% (http://www.google.com/finance?q=OTC:HNHI) between the close of market on Friday to the end of the day today. The reason for the move? Entertainer/investor 50 Cent, who owns a portion of the tiny company, tweeted all weekend (http://twitter.com/#%21/50CENT) about how enthusiastic he was about the company's success. (He also appeared on CNBC.) By one calculation (http://www.businessinsider.com/50-cents-hnhi-tweets-2011-1#), 50 made $10 million with those tweets.

Socrates92
01-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Never been interested in his music so hope it's done.

Get Rich or Die Tryin was a decent movie though.

ELEF_DIGITAL
01-11-2011, 01:36 PM
50 and carreer? big lol

Rame
01-11-2011, 03:51 PM
He can still have a #1 hit if he wants to but his career is all about movies now.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1265067/

EAGLE EYE
01-11-2011, 04:23 PM
He can still have a #1 hit if he wants to but his career is all about movies now.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1265067/

did you ignore the merchandise ventures I posted in this thread?

Undiluted Karma
01-11-2011, 04:35 PM
lol Robbie works for 50

Rame
01-11-2011, 04:54 PM
did you ignore the merchandise ventures I posted in this thread?

Yes. I stopped reading after four posts.

CharlesJones
01-21-2011, 04:32 PM
His career is done. He's been doing straight to video movies now and most of them aren't good LOL. I saw his movie with Val Kilmer and Sharon Stone and it isn't that good. I did like his movie with Samuel Jackson and Jessica Biel. Righteous Kill movie he did with Robert Deniro and Al Pacino is good. I bought that a few weeks ago. I wanna check out his mixtapes because i know they're better than his albums LOL. That's good he's doing business ventures. He has Puff Daddy, Russell Simmons, Jay-Z, Master P to thank for that because they helped pave the way for rappers to get money doing other things selling products. Rappers can't rap forever. So it's good for them to get involved in other things like movies and selling products so they can make some extra money.

zooruka
01-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Can someone tell me what happend to ja rule and the whole murder inc click ?????????? They have fallen off the map ????????.

As for 50 the only rapper that I think is remotely alright from that camp is game.... As far as em, 50 and the rest .....Its like mhhh whatever !!!!!!!!!!.

Real 90`s rappers are lucky in a way that they still get props....These plastic rappers that have emerged since the start of 2000 are all bunk.

the last ten years of rap music has been the worst in its history.

peace

GhettoGnom
01-21-2011, 07:02 PM
50's music career? Yeah, probably, unless he plans on throwing a whole lot of cash in it to rejuvenate it. He's boring as shit nowadays, so who really gives a fuck though?

the last ten years of rap music has been the worst in its history.

It's not like rap got a very long history though.. You pretty much only got three options. You could debate the seventies, but what excactly did we get from the seventies? Rapper's Delight?

Personally, 2000s >> eighties.

Kenny Powers
01-21-2011, 08:00 PM
hes 35 years old and dating chelsea handler, yes i think his career is done

SL33
01-22-2011, 02:13 AM
Is it true that 50 gets a % of money every time Game drops an album???

hahaha that's cruel.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
01-23-2011, 05:34 AM
Angry going in on some serious real talk in this thread.

I will always respect 50 he came from the streets and was/is a real dude straight up. he's probably one of the most inspiring street hustlers in the game. he's what jay-z would like you all to believe he was

and yeah he's rich so the streets are behind him but like angry said that's exactly what he set out to do and he did it and crushed the rap game and now he's making straight power moves and caking heavy with all these business ventures and shit. I just read that stock in those headphones have soared since 50 announced getting behind the project. and these investors arent dumb 16 year old kids buying into the shit these are serious business men who know that whatever 50 touches will quite possibly go gold. Now I dont like a lot of his newer music because it's a little too radio friendly and pop for me but his grimey tracks are fuckin some of the best cause the things he says is believable and you know he knows what's he's talking about so he gets my respect any day of the week for what he's accomplished and where he came from.

plus he's a fuckin funny ass dude that guy cracks me up when he's going at people. ever since i heard him call irv gotti a fat cupcake eatin ma'fucker on cocaine dreams i thought that was jokes lol i also agree that his movies and acting generally suck but still what other rappers are making moves like that?

threadstarter is kind of a fag btw

peace

this forum has enuf overrated angry dick riders.

J-Cee
01-23-2011, 05:41 AM
I think he gonna do more acting roles

JakobR
01-23-2011, 07:44 AM
Your career isn't done when you're still making millions.

Mcthuggin99
01-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Is it true that 50 gets a % of money every time Game drops an album???

hahaha that's cruel.
lol just like Eazy E making money off whatever Dr Dre did. so anything he produced, Eazy got a percentage

EAGLE EYE
01-24-2011, 01:00 AM
His career is done. He's been doing straight to video movies now and most of them aren't good LOL. I saw his movie with Val Kilmer and Sharon Stone and it isn't that good. I did like his movie with Samuel Jackson and Jessica Biel. Righteous Kill movie he did with Robert Deniro and Al Pacino is good. I bought that a few weeks ago. I wanna check out his mixtapes because i know they're better than his albums LOL. That's good he's doing business ventures. He has Puff Daddy, Russell Simmons, Jay-Z, Master P to thank for that because they helped pave the way for rappers to get money doing other things selling products. Rappers can't rap forever. So it's good for them to get involved in other things like movies and selling products so they can make some extra money.

http://byroncrawford.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c558f53ef0148c7834e32970c-pi

lmao

KBOS
01-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Your career isn't done when you're still making millions.

This.

Mad heads in here got tunnel vision. The success of your career is measured by the moves you make not by spot light.

Besides 50cent has a single out right now with that birthday sex r&b kid and its one of the most popular songs out right now. 50 also been up on remix versions of whatevers popular, that like a g6 song remix he did is everywhere. It seems like hes gettin way more spins right now then he was when he released his last album.

J.T.S.
01-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Fifty who?? oh you mean boo-boo??