PDA

View Full Version : Kanye West & Jay-Z - H.A.M. (1st single fom WTT!)

corky831
01-11-2011, 12:19 AM
produced by lex luger.....mad ill actually

http://usershare.net/hwo344ar9rki

http://cdn.nahright.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/H.A.M.png

GOOD music right here....

corky831
01-11-2011, 12:21 AM
same bass pattern as those 2 joints from rick ross's album....but still ill

corky831
01-11-2011, 12:23 AM
i love jiggas verse 2......he's been heatin it up as of late

Frank Drebin
01-11-2011, 03:08 AM
404 not found...what the fuck is that shit

Meta4
01-11-2011, 05:44 AM
I can't lie... this shit is garbage.

cap
01-11-2011, 07:20 AM
Hot track!!

Undiluted Karma
01-11-2011, 07:33 AM
I'm not gonna comment on Ye's verse..

Beat is alright not feeling the beat that much

Jay's verse was alright

thx for posting

issues
01-11-2011, 07:38 AM
on first listen.. i'll go with ok..

nothing really special here..

and the Kanye verse was annoying..

i'll give it a few more spins..

Djaminha
01-11-2011, 08:22 AM
If your gonna name a song HAM a least make it so it is HAM.

Average as fuck.

corky831
01-11-2011, 08:24 AM
nore tweeted that he swore he had this HAM beat months ago.....

oDoUoSoKo
01-11-2011, 08:24 AM
wack

claaa7
01-11-2011, 10:09 AM
dissapointing... "That's My Bitch" or whatever it was called that leaked a while back is miles away from this. and so is "The Joy"... i really hope "The Joy" makes the album cuz that shit deserves to be on a record. this, not so much.

cap
01-11-2011, 10:18 AM
nore tweeted that he swore he had this HAM beat months ago.....

thank god he didnt pour his wack juice all over this hot beat!!

Paranoid
01-11-2011, 10:25 AM
garbage

5hundred&one
01-11-2011, 10:30 AM
thank god he didnt pour his wack juice all over this hot beat!!

nigga u gay

cap
01-11-2011, 10:32 AM
nigga u gay

lol you a hardcore nore fan? lol thats an L in itself!!

5hundred&one
01-11-2011, 10:37 AM
nah, that was just a run on gay sentence

Mr. X
01-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Weak :[

Didn't Wayne use that kick em out like Pam line before?

I didn't know about "The Joy" and "That's My Bitch" and those songs are hot.

corky831
01-11-2011, 10:41 AM
lol....regardless of all the hate i like the track.....beat is solid, hard hitting bass......kanye rapping how he fucks kim kardashian and shit....and jay taking shots at birdman.....jay dont sound whiney on the mic either.....i mean with some of the joints coming out nowadays.....this track goes pretty hard

corky831
01-11-2011, 10:42 AM
and ya thats my bitch and the joy are superior.....but i like this ish as well

BornPower
01-11-2011, 11:05 AM
I loved the track, it put me in the mind of some Ghost in the Shells shit in an abandoned cathedral or something.

...Kanye could have kept those weak lyrics to himself, though.

Jay went in hard but he still comes off as "hey look at me! I'm old and I'm still a good rappper!" (sorta like MJ in his fading years)

Can we get a KILL remix with Ghostface, Killer Mike and Killah Priest?

Now THAT would be hot

corky831
01-11-2011, 11:45 AM
id love 2 hear a remix of this joint wit ghost on it......

oDoUoSoKo
01-11-2011, 11:52 AM
I loved the track, it put me in the mind of some Ghost in the Shells shit in an abandoned cathedral or something.

...Kanye could have kept those weak lyrics to himself, though.

Jay went in hard but he still comes off as "hey look at me! I'm old and I'm still a good rappper!" (sorta like MJ in his fading years)

Can we get a KILL remix with Ghostface, Killer Mike and Killah Priest?

Now THAT would be hot
most random post of all time

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
01-11-2011, 12:47 PM
People thinking this beat is dope = what is wrong with the game in 2011. Im getting really tired of these plastic ass joints

Frank Sobotka
01-11-2011, 01:10 PM
I always liked beats where they sample some opera sounding singing in the instrumental, but then a trap producer tried it.

Sky Blue Bally Kid
01-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Is that 1st line (or even Kanye's whole verse!) a shot at Dipset?

5hundred&one
01-11-2011, 02:24 PM
it's so terrible

music is dead to me

Cesar
01-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Jay Z went in, but Waka or Ross or both would had made an anthem out of this shit. Wwwwwwooooooooo!!!!!!

BornPower
01-11-2011, 03:03 PM
...Waka or Ross or both would had made an anthem out of this shit. Wwwwwwooooooooo!!!!!!

Who?:'o

J-DON
01-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Hes right though. This beat is just not for Jay or Ye at all. Would have been much better with FLOCKAAHbaow or Rawse, they just work with Lex much better.

Ill beat but it sounds like shit with Kanye and Jay-Z on it.

As it is its GARBO

Wh0am3ye?
01-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Damn I thought I checked every GOOD friday track, must've missed that's my bitch, shit is ight but not iller than the joy.

Rame
01-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Wack beat. Wack outro. Jay-Z didn't do too bad. Kanye should not use beats like these.

Sham-iLL
01-11-2011, 04:02 PM
wack beat
wack single cover
wack verses
wack subliminals
wack hooks
wack song

for some reason i was expecting it to be an outrageously crazy song. oh well.

Jragonsoul
01-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Shit this was hard to me I enjoy this shit and am definatly am going to be banging to this shit for the days to come.

claaa7
01-12-2011, 05:24 AM
Damn I thought I checked every GOOD friday track, must've missed that's my bitch, shit is ight but not iller than the joy.

that's because it was never released as a GOOD Friday track, but rather a song that leaked without permission. at least that's the word on it... plus Q-Tip produced it. they should stick to having guys like Madlib, Pete Rock, Q-Tip and DJ Premier produce the album, with some ill beats from Kanye as well and that should be it imo. people been dying to hear Jay-Z on an album like that since forever so at least this one time they should say fuck all that commercial radio singles and all that. they are allready disgustingly rich so why give a fuck about radio play at this point. besides these guys are so big that they could make an all Pete Rock produced album with no commercial tracks go multi platinum.

Erquel
01-12-2011, 06:58 AM
Oh my god
i'm surprised how whack kanye is
dude completely lost it with his louis-vuitton-i'm-havin-it-all-and-you-don't type of shit
i'm fucking scared to check out his last album
hipsterpussy rappin with no flow

GSTYLE
01-12-2011, 10:33 AM
a lot of people hate the song, i like it, they tried to do somethin different and it comes of pretty good.

GhettoGnom
01-13-2011, 10:04 AM
Straight up wack..
Bad beat, and yet another example of why Kanye should stick to producing.. Or at least stop with that "haaa" sound.. We've already heard it now, Ye, not cool.

Hopefully WTT will be more like That's My Bitch than this.. TMB goes hard, but they can do better than both though.

issues
01-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Swizz Beatz Says "Watch The Throne" Has The Potential To Change The Game

Swizz says Jay-Z and Kanye West aren't after sales with their collaboration

There aren't many artists left who are a guaranteed platinum plus every time they drop an album, but two of them are making an album together. Yet Swizz Beatz, who has been in the studio with them, told MTV that Kanye and big brother aren't trying to make hits with this album.

"I think they're just doing them. I don't think artists nowadays are paying attention to any like, particular formats. Because the industry is not what it used to be you can't predict a Top 40 record or a #1 Urban record. You just gotta just do what you feel is hot. It's just like you feel like you don't want to rap no more [or] you wanna keep going past the hook, just keep going past the hook. That makes it real hip-hop." he said. "People don't understand that hip-hop got started from being rebellious to any rules. Hip-hop has no rules, and the only reason hip-hop started getting rules [was] because of radio airplay, sales, different spins and trying to reach out to another audience. But Jay and Kanye got the audience already so they can do what they want to do, and I think that's what they doing, which is a great move."

Mr. Alicia Keys, who last work with both emcees on the remix to Kanye's "Power," has played a role in an album he thinks has the potential to change the game. "I'm involved a little bit on the album, and just hearing the different songs it's like 'Wow, they're really taking it to another level.' I'm happy to be a part of it, those are my brothers and [they're] going to continue pushing the envelope," he said before adding that, "'H.A.M.' will be followed up by tracks that are "just gonna keep getting better."

Swizz is also a big fan of these high profile collaborations. "I think that those being both of my friends, and knowing that people can team up on such a high caliber level as musicians, as rappers, as friends, as peers I think it's super positive, and I think that if more of the industry did moves like this it would be a better place for everybody."

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.13666/title.swizz-beatz-says-watch-the-throne-has-the-potential-to-change-the-game

Sky Blue Bally Kid
01-13-2011, 12:05 PM
^^^I can see Kanye being happy just making the album he wants to without the pressure of putting out commercial tracks, I can't say the same of Jay-Z though...

muscularghandi
01-14-2011, 12:21 AM
Beat seems super out of place for a Kanye x Jigga song, just like everybody said before Ross would have killed this... Jigga brought it but the song overall is "ehhh"

ZigZag
01-16-2011, 01:29 PM
i think wu fans are the worst hiphop fans ever because your so biased.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-16-2011, 11:35 PM
Fuck Jigga killed it

niggas fresh as hell