PDA

View Full Version : Nas to G.O.O.D. Music?..

issues
01-11-2011, 03:22 AM
from allhiphop rumors..

Did you hear this one? I got a very nice tip from somebody inside the music game…a freakin’ phone call! Who does that in 2011? Anyway, the word on the street is that Nas is going to head on over to G.O.O.D. Music, the home of Kanye West, Mos Def, Common, CyHi and a bunch of other talented mofos. Not sure where this started, but what do you think about it?

Also, on the flip side, I heard that Nas may not be releasing his next album on Def Jam. Not surprising. I also heard Lost Tapes may be included as a bonus CD if he does drop it. [via]

http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/rumors/archive/2011/01/07/22546872.aspx

..?

Frank Sobotka
01-11-2011, 03:43 AM
Can you imagine a Nas, Common, Mos & Pusha posse cut?

claaa7
01-11-2011, 04:51 AM
i wouldn't mind it, i would love to hear a Nas album with the majority of tracks produced by Kanye West like Common did with "Be" and "Finding Forever".

Taskmaster2112
01-11-2011, 06:37 AM
as long as he gets off Def Jam i'm happy

fatboybrandon
01-11-2011, 07:29 AM
As long as he is able to get the usual outside production, it sounds like a good idea. I think Kanye's melodic & soulful production might be out of place, unless he gives Nas a hard edged sound like Two Words & Diamonds.

It would be a good surprise for Hip Hop if a Kanye/Nas album came out where Kanye shows he has another hidden sound that can parallel the darkness Premier, Havoc, Megahertz and others provided. That's the sound I think works best for Nas.

I was a little surprised when Be came out because I expected to hear more live instruments and I heard all this looping instead. So maybe Kanye could bring another surprise of sound with Nas.

Undiluted Karma
01-11-2011, 08:08 AM
It would be a good surprise for Hip Hop if a Kanye/Nas album came out where Kanye shows he has another hidden sound that can parallel the darkness Premier, Havoc, Megahertz and others provided. That's the sound I think works best for Nas.

Good shout

claaa7
01-11-2011, 10:12 AM
As long as he is able to get the usual outside production, it sounds like a good idea. I think Kanye's melodic & soulful production might be out of place, unless he gives Nas a hard edged sound like Two Words & Diamonds.

I was a little surprised when Be came out because I expected to hear more live instruments and I heard all this looping instead. So maybe Kanye could bring another surprise of sound with Nas.

you're right, i wouldn't want to hear a Nas album sounding like "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy". i think that the two tracks Kanye did on "Hip-Hop is Dead" show they had some chemistry going on though - "Let There Be Light" and "Still Dreaming". man, H.H.i.D. is such an underrated LP.

issues
01-11-2011, 10:35 AM
has anyone heard the first album Kanye produced back in 96'?..

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PEJqyXovjmM/Sp6X4YeGn-I/AAAAAAAAA9A/1Be7KOdvkzM/s400/Front.jpg

Grav - Down to Earth..

Kanye produced 8 of the 15 tracks..

if Kanye has some shit like this stashed in his vaults..

then he needs to pass that onto Nas..

Ydt1c8RSHBI

2rCDb2b5mo0

G3i--ud3W8E

esixZ-3Bm8w

mQjpUpgPxNo

PG4ccDfz_fQ

x3hO68RX_2Y

WVloPuoQ1H8

Sham-iLL
01-11-2011, 04:06 PM
indeed i would like to hear a nas album entirely produced by kanye. i doubt this will happen / has happened / is happening.

True Father Allah
01-12-2011, 09:17 AM
indeed i would like to hear a nas album entirely produced by kanye. i doubt this will happen / has happened / is happening.

I hear you man, don't know how some people feel it would be outta place because like already stated they had good chemistry on We Major and the joints on HHIS, have Nas and Common ever did a song together? What about Nas and Mos? This is great news if it's True

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
01-12-2011, 11:16 AM
you're right, i wouldn't want to hear a Nas album sounding like "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy". i think that the two tracks Kanye did on "Hip-Hop is Dead" show they had some chemistry going on though - "Let There Be Light" and "Still Dreaming". man, H.H.i.D. is such an underrated LP.

yeah definately an underrated LP for sure

i wished "Untitled" had more HHiD in it at the same times the album fit the subject matter and its still dope just not as good as it could have been

snakesonawiggly
01-12-2011, 02:29 PM
13 or 14 tracks produced by Kanye would be amazing and features from Mos def Common & Pusha T and Kanye would problly do a verse and a couple hooks. Be a super sweet album. Maybe get Jay on it for another collab.

claaa7
01-12-2011, 05:42 PM
13 or 14 tracks produced by Kanye would be amazing and features from Mos def Common & Pusha T and Kanye would problly do a verse and a couple hooks. Be a super sweet album. Maybe get Jay on it for another collab.

i agree with you but i think it would be interesting to see Nas take his time and really strip it down to the absolute best of the bunch. give us 10 or 11 real strong tracks, and leave anything just decent. i would absolutely like to see another Jay-Z collaboration too, "Success" and "Black Republicans" are masterpieces to me.

djskillz
01-12-2011, 05:50 PM
i wouldn't mind if he signed to good music. i also wouldnt mind if he signed to roc nation. a jay-z, nas, jay electronica, j. cole posse cut would be amazing.

drippie k
01-12-2011, 07:20 PM
it'd be his best career move in a while..n pusha t on a track with nas would be intense

liquidswords
01-12-2011, 09:23 PM
as long as he gets off Def Jam i'm happy

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was distributed through Def Jam. G.O.O.D. Music is nothing more than an imprint; that's alright for digital deals, but realistically to have the pull of a major entity, they would have to go through Def Jam, Universal (the owner of Def Jam), Atlantic, or Sony.

To sum it up, being signed to G.O.O.D. Music doesn't do anything besides gain publicity for an artist

Sham-iLL
01-13-2011, 12:07 AM
actually, kanye probably started GOOD music to follow "Big Brother's" route... finishing off your major deal and going Indy.

how many albums does Kanye have left with defJam... and with this much promotion and everyone knwoing who the fuck Kanye is... I mean h'es left such an impact and scar in the media that... He doesn't need to be signed to a Major. I think all these dudes are gonna end up Indy

snakesonawiggly
01-13-2011, 03:14 PM
Jay Electronica just said in a recent interview that he has been working with Nas be super sweet if they ended up on each others albums.