PDA

View Full Version : D.m.t.

Urban_Journalz
01-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Has anyone tried this?

I ask because I've recently been reading a book called, "DMT: The Spirit Molecule" and it has a great wealth of information not only about this naturally accuring psychedelic produced by our bodies, but also, possible theories as to the best way to utilize it's effects to help people with various mental conditions.

The curious thing about DMT to me, is the fact that, once the patients were injected with it, the brain allowed this substance past it's defenses. Treatment that even more common substances that are used by the body have no access to at all.

If any of you have tried or know someone who has tried DMT, please describe your experiences as well as those of people you may know who have had them as well.

I'm trying to get a better understanding of this particular psychedelic.

Peace

Clan Destine
01-12-2011, 03:04 PM
I read the book 'The Antipodes of the Mind: Charting the Phenomenology of the Ayahuasca Experience' (by Benny Shanon) which describes and tries to theorize about the effects of the indigenous amazonian DMT concoction. If you want to know about different and common experiences of DMT, as well as the behind ayahuasca then this is a good source. Ayahuasca forums is filled with people who have had significant to mild DMT related experiences.

DMT I think has the same, or similar receptor sites as seratonin and whatever in tobacco does stuff to you.

It is definitely intriguing stuff.

I've tried several brews but have never had any noticeable effects. Ayahuasca can be very tempermental and with a wide variety of experiences between people, but also similar themes.

The vine mixed with DMT plants that makes up the brew is known as a 'teaching plant'

MrDiamondFDC
01-12-2011, 03:22 PM
I got some DMT, but I'm kinda iffy about smoking it right now because of my mental state.

J-Cee
01-12-2011, 08:51 PM
really wanna try it..i think on a good dose of DMT,it would be the closest you can get to the afterlife without actually being dead..

LORD NOSE
01-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Yo Urb these things ain't to play with

if you are going to do some, make sure you are in a high energy, good magnetic mood

food for thought
01-12-2011, 09:13 PM
UJ,

have u heard some terrence mckenna lectures about dmt?

Ive never tried it cause i never got my hands on some but ive been looking for it for a lonng time.

One of my old roommates was telling me he use to smoke it with his friends but they would put on headphones with music playing as soon as they hit it. and he didnt describe anything extraordinary. seems to me like he wasnt doing it right and the music obviously wouldl not allow for a deep travel into ones own mind

DMT has been a fascination for me ever since i read about it. me and my boy even contemplated trying to make some ourselves.

according to mckenna, the experience tends to usually involve "self transforming machine elves" who the person tripping comes into contact with. these elves then proceed to "teach" the tripper.

these "elves" also reveal themselves under high doses of psilocybin.

i have also read that a persons brain releases DMT in the first few seconds of when he/she dies.

food for thought
01-12-2011, 09:24 PM
an excerpt from a Mckenna speech where he speaks about DMT

t6p9tC4_oME

some heads put it together with trippy colors and sounds but ignore that and listen its nice

food for thought
01-12-2011, 09:57 PM
make sure you watch these two videos if you dont watch nothing else:

iGKF85mAPeo
-kjvWqduT9o

5hundred&one
01-12-2011, 11:56 PM
anybody ever hooked up an extraction? pretty easy from what I've read

everything you need is easily obtainable except the plant (unless you happen to have it in your backyard or whatever) don't know if I want that shit on my paper trail though...

I just wanna try it once. I ain't really down with the college hippie crowd, maybe I'll get lucky one day find a random hookup.

best believe if I ever get my hands on some mimosa imma be cookin that shit up like a mad scientist.

Uncle Steezo
01-13-2011, 03:51 AM
DMT is highest during birth death and dreaming...
Fear factor niggas know.
grcqs9cDuN8

Mumm Ra
01-13-2011, 11:59 AM
that was a dope discussion

pro.Graveface
01-13-2011, 02:28 PM
those elves , spiritz of organz maby ? thats some ill experience yo!!!!lol
yall is wild on the chemicle sunz,
stay safe! wow that sjit is smokeble ! thats dope haha
PEACE

Uncle Steezo
01-13-2011, 03:06 PM
the elves or sometimes serpents, are interdimensional beings. we live in a 11 dimensional layer cake. we mostly experience the 1st-4th. we can reach higher dimensions thru various means like meditation, sensory deprivation, drugs, sex, dreams death, exercise.

i think psychedelics are like nightvision goggles for the mind.

Uncle Steezo
01-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Best representtion of a trip i've ever seen. this is Ayahuasca tho.
gagR2_Yi8wE

Ayahuasca is a south american DMT brew made from non psychoactive ingredients that when combined pack a serious punch to the mind. the shamans say that the plants themselves taught them the recipe.

i saw a 2hr doc on a amazon tribe that takes westerners on Ayahuasca trips. can't find it right now tho.

i did find this.
look at the diff between trips when one goes in to fight a demon and the other goes in to be enlightened. both valid reasons but peep the result.
zbW53BTtVes

Uncle Steezo
01-13-2011, 03:41 PM
cosmic serpents...
http://www.youtube.com/user/infanterieNICK#g/c/57A04C1A55162CFC

food for thought
01-13-2011, 04:41 PM
good shit style.

my understanding of Ayahuasca is that it is a mixture of DMT containing plant(s) and a MAO inhibitor

the result of mixing MAOI with the DMT is a prolonged DMT trip that lasts a period of hours instead of minutes (as when smoked) and it also helps one disciplice the mind so to speak, when tripping so that they dont get overly excited, anxious/nervous, etc - basically all the negative shit one feels afrter ingesting phsychadelics and waiting for the onset and during it

MAO Inhibitors

Retrieved from WIKI HIGHS

What is a MAOI?

Normally DMT - as found in plants such as Mimosa hostilis, Psychotria viridis and Phalaris Arundinacea - is not effective when ingested orally. This is because it is broken down (inhibited) by Monoamine oxydase (MAO). MAO is an important enzyme that breaks down certain chemical compounds such as drugs and poisons.

MAOI's or MAO-inhibitors interfere with the action of the MAO enzyme and stop the breakdown of chemical compounds such as DMT, making it effective when ingested orally. The combination of a DMT containing plant and an MAOI is commonly known as ayahuasca (or yage). MAOI's must be used with great caution because otherwise they cause harmless food to become poisonous. The results can be dangerous: headaches, nausea, even unconsciousness and death. In shamanic tradition MAOI's are only used after at least one day of fasting. It is advised to follow this tradition.

So, MAOI's are:

Syrian rue (Peganum harmala)
Banisteriopsis caapi
Passionflower
Yohimbe
and certain anti-depressiva.

In detail

Monoamine oxidase (MAO) is the primary inactivation pathway of most tryptamines. That's why inhibitors of the MAO enzyme (MAOIs) can be used to potentiate the effects of tryptamines and to make DMT and 5-MeO-DMT orally active. MAO inhibitors fall into two classes: irreversible and reversible MAOIs. In addition they can inhibit either or both of the two types of the MAO enzyme, MAO-A and MAO-B which are associated with serotonergic and dopaminergic neurons respectively. Irreversible MAOIs (e.g. the hydrazides iproniazid and phenelzine) bind permanently to the enzyme and cause MAO inhibition lasting 1-2 weeks after ingestion. They are used clinically to treat depression. Reversible MAOIs, such as moclobemide, which is used as an antidepressant, and the beta-carbolines harmine and harmaline, are effective for much shorter time, maybe up to 24 hours. Recreational drug users around the world are using mainly harmine and harmaline despite the lack of scientific studies on their effects on humans.

'Smart' combinations

Taking MAOI's on purpose doesn't have to come with too much unpleasant side-effects. Nausea is minimized in 'pharmahuasca', which consists of pure DMT and a reversible MAO-inhibitor such as harmine or moclobemide. When the DMT is in a plant extract taking it with a pure MAO inhibiting substance instead of a plant containing MAOIs usually reduces nausea and other body load significantly. MAOIs have also been used to potentiate the effects of mushrooms containing psilocybin and even phenethylamines -- the latter combination can be very dangerous. DPT ingested with MAOIs has been called 'propylhuasca'; DPT is orally active by itself and its dosage should be smaller when potentiated by MAOIs.

According to anecdotal reports one gram (corresponding to approx. 30 mg of harmine/harmaline) of P. harmala seeds ingested inhibits MAO enough to make DMT orally active, while 75 mg of moclobemide is sufficient for the same purpose. In short, this is why DMTcontaining seeds are combined with peganum harmala to enhance their hallucinogenic qualities.

The danger of MAOI's

There are significant dangers in using MAO inhibitors. Most MAOIs potentiate the cardiovascular effects of tyramine and other monoamines found in foods. Ingestion of aged cheese, beer, wine, pickled herring, chicken liver, yeast, large amounts of coffee, citrus fruits, canned figs, broad beans, chocolate or cream while MAO is inhibited can cause a hypertensive crisis including a dangerous rise in blood pressure.

MAOIs interact with other psychoactive substances in addition to tryptamines; effects of amphetamines, general anaesthetics, sedatives, anti-histamines, alcohol, potent analgesics and anticholinergic and antidepressant agents are prolonged and intensified. Overdosage of MAOIs by themselves is also possible with effects including hyperreflexia and convulsions. It should be noted, however, that these strict warnings apply best in the case of irreversible MAOIs, and many users of reversible MAOIs to activate or potentiate tryptamines are not quite as careful with no apparent ill effects

food for thought
01-13-2011, 04:50 PM
The traditional Ayahuasca brews of South America contain 2 main ingredients; the bark of the Banisteriopsis caapi vine and the leaves of the Psychotria viridis. Today, Ayahuasca can mean any combination of plants that contain DMT plus an MAOI.

The effects of Ayahuasca can last 4-8 hours, depending on the amount of MAOI consumed. As DMT in of itself is not active orally, it needs another ingredient to make it active; this is where MAOI's comes in. How the natives of South America found this combination, with tens of thousands of plants in the Amazon to choose from is incredible.

The "I" in MAOI stands for "inhibitor" and an MAO inhibitor is what allows the DMT drug to become orally active. The following excerpt is found on page 69, from a great body of work titled, "The Spirit Molecule" by Dr. Rick Strassman; he better explains the AYAHUASCA-DMT-MAOI effect.

"The pineal gland contains the necessary building blocks to make DMT. For example, it possesses the highest levels of serotonin anywhere in the body, and serotonin is a crucial precursor for pineal melatonin. The pineal also has the ability to convert serotonin to tryptamine, a critical step in DMT formation.

The unique enzymes that convert serotonin, melatonin, or tryptamine into psychedelic compounds also are present in extraordinarily high concentrations in the pineal. These enzymes, the methyltransferases, attach a methyl groupthat is, one carbon and three hydrogensonto other molecules, thus methylating them. Simply methylate tryptamine twice, and we have di-methyl-tryptamine, or DMT. Because it possesses the high levels of the necessary enzymes and precursors, the pineal gland is the most reasonable place for DMT formation to occur. Surprisingly, no one has looked for DMT in the pineal.

The pineal gland also makes other potentially mind-altering substances, the beta-carbolines. These compounds inhibit the breakdown of DMT by the body's monoamine oxidases (MAO). One of the most striking examples of how beta-carbolines work is ayahuasca. Certain plants that contain betacarbolines are combined with other plants that contain DMT to make this psychedelic Amazonian brew, which allows the DMT to become orally active. If it weren't for the beta-carbolines, MAO in the gut would rapidly destroy this swallowed DMT, and it would have no effect on our minds."

Clan Destine
01-14-2011, 03:19 AM
Also, Ayahuasca usually demands a diet before taking it beyond tyramine safety protocols. It's not necessary but it helps with the intensity of the experience.

You don't want the plant cleaning the body when it could be cleaning your soul. The stuff usually makes people vomit or shit out physical/mental/spiritual blockages.

Shamans usually prescribe a mostly light, tasteless diet, with no heavy meats and especially no pork.

Also, you don't want to be watching TV and shit or dealing with some nonsense personal dramas. Focus on what you want to focus on in your trip.

I read that Narby book too. Basically he theorizes that Ayahuasca allows users to perceive or interact with with an interface at the genetic level. DNA is supposedly a crystal that emits light (!?) and ayahuasca somehow allows viewership of this light show.

Seeing and talking to spirits essentially then is perceiving these emissions from other living things..

Also, snakes common to ayahuasca visions and part other indigenous cultures represent the double helix of DNA, and the Vine itself coils like a helix. Possible origins of DNA outside of this planet.

A good interview with Peter Gorman, a gringo Shaman. Interview starts at 9:15

http://radiohuasca.blogspot.com/2009/11/radiohuasca-10.html

Urban_Journalz
01-15-2011, 11:20 AM
I read the book 'The Antipodes of the Mind: Charting the Phenomenology of the Ayahuasca Experience' (by Benny Shanon) which describes and tries to theorize about the effects of the indigenous amazonian DMT concoction. If you want to know about different and common experiences of DMT, as well as the behind ayahuasca then this is a good source. Ayahuasca forums is filled with people who have had significant to mild DMT related experiences.

DMT I think has the same, or similar receptor sites as seratonin and whatever in tobacco does stuff to you.

It is definitely intriguing stuff.

I've tried several brews but have never had any noticeable effects. Ayahuasca can be very tempermental and with a wide variety of experiences between people, but also similar themes.

The vine mixed with DMT plants that makes up the brew is known as a 'teaching plant'

Much thanks for that bit of information. Of the brews that you've tried, was Ayahuasca one of them? I've been looking deeper into the realm of psychedelics and it seems that, if used properly and for a purpose, they can be seriously benificial.

Urban_Journalz
01-15-2011, 11:21 AM
I got some DMT, but I'm kinda iffy about smoking it right now because of my mental state.

I've read in the same book I mentioned that DMT taken intravenously is the safest way to take it. Just for future reference.

Urban_Journalz
01-15-2011, 11:40 AM
really wanna try it..i think on a good dose of DMT,it would be the closest you can get to the afterlife without actually being dead.. You're not far off the mark. Actually that's one of the times where it's most active in the bloodstream.

Yo Urb these things ain't to play with

if you are going to do some, make sure you are in a high energy, good magnetic mood Trust me Sunny, that's exactly why I'm not only reading this book but posting this thread because I want to do as much research as possible before even thinking of taking another step. I intend to not only make sure I'm in the right mindset and exterior setting, but above all else, make sure that my soul is mature enough to handle the ride. I did the same thing with Amanita Muscaria before I took it as well. I thank you for your warning and appreciate the concern.

UJ,

have u heard some terrence mckenna lectures about dmt?

Ive never tried it cause i never got my hands on some but ive been looking for it for a lonng time.

One of my old roommates was telling me he use to smoke it with his friends but they would put on headphones with music playing as soon as they hit it. and he didnt describe anything extraordinary. seems to me like he wasnt doing it right and the music obviously wouldl not allow for a deep travel into ones own mind

DMT has been a fascination for me ever since i read about it. me and my boy even contemplated trying to make some ourselves.

according to mckenna, the experience tends to usually involve "self transforming machine elves" who the person tripping comes into contact with. these elves then proceed to "teach" the tripper.

these "elves" also reveal themselves under high doses of psilocybin.

i have also read that a persons brain releases DMT in the first few seconds of when he/she dies. I've heard of McKenna, but I haven't heard his lectures about DMT. I'll be sure to watch those videos though man. Thanks for posting them.

Truth be told, I was seriously hesitant about even grabbing the book because I was on this whole, "All psychedelics are bad." thing. But when I read that our own bodies actually produce this substance, I had to pick it up. Especially since it was written by a doctor who brings this research to the table with an easily approachable language for all people.

Other people have also reported contacting not only these elves, but also elves, and aliens. The illest part is, that's actually one of my main reasons for taking these substances, to be, "taught". I believe that taking these substances in the right place and the right time will seriously speed up the evolutionary process. That's my own personal belief and I could be wrong. However, I think that all of those Shamen who stay, "fucked up", are definitely onto something because for all of their, "substance abuse", they always seem to know a whole lot more than we, "modern people" do about the true state of togetherness that is inherent in the Universe and all of creation.

Should you decide to take it, make sure you're MOST careful. It has no physical side-effects, but the mental side-effects can be dire.

Urban_Journalz
01-15-2011, 11:44 AM
Also, Ayahuasca usually demands a diet before taking it beyond tyramine safety protocols. It's not necessary but it helps with the intensity of the experience.

You don't want the plant cleaning the body when it could be cleaning your soul. The stuff usually makes people vomit or shit out physical/mental/spiritual blockages.

Shamans usually prescribe a mostly light, tasteless diet, with no heavy meats and especially no pork.

Also, you don't want to be watching TV and shit or dealing with some nonsense personal dramas. Focus on what you want to focus on in your trip.

I read that Narby book too. Basically he theorizes that Ayahuasca allows users to perceive or interact with with an interface at the genetic level. DNA is supposedly a crystal that emits light (!?) and ayahuasca somehow allows viewership of this light show.

Seeing and talking to spirits essentially then is perceiving these emissions from other living things..

Also, snakes common to ayahuasca visions and part other indigenous cultures represent the double helix of DNA, and the Vine itself coils like a helix. Possible origins of DNA outside of this planet.

Fantastic drop son. Thank you.

Question, if I wanted to do some crazy shit, like drink some Ayahuasca and meditate of top of the Pyramid of The Sun, hypthetically speaking, what do you think would happen?

Fatal Guillotine
04-30-2011, 05:39 PM
what the differences between that of dmt and ayahucsa

food for thought
04-30-2011, 05:55 PM
^^Ayahuasca = DMT + MAO Inhibitor

good shit style.

my understanding of Ayahuasca is that it is a mixture of DMT containing plant(s) and a MAO inhibitor

the result of mixing MAOI with the DMT is a prolonged DMT trip that lasts a period of hours instead of minutes (as when smoked) and it also helps one disciplice the mind so to speak, when tripping so that they dont get overly excited, anxious/nervous, etc - basically all the negative shit one feels afrter ingesting phsychadelics and waiting for the onset and during it

Clan Destine
04-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Fantastic drop son. Thank you.

Question, if I wanted to do some crazy shit, like drink some Ayahuasca and meditate of top of the Pyramid of The Sun, hypthetically speaking, what do you think would happen?

Hey know problems man. If you want good information and experienced people I would seriously check out Ayahuasca forums.

Listen, I'm as much as a novice as you. I actually tried my own concoction from ingredients but 'nothing happened'. I know I have a hard head though, lots of talk going on, poor at meditation. If you want a serious experience I can only recommend you go to the Jungle yourself and find a legitimate as can be found Shaman.

So, I have no idea what's going to happen to you if you drink and meditate on the pyramid, I can only hope you find what you're looking for.

peace

what the differences between that of dmt and ayahucsa

DMT is a chemical found in Ayahuasca. I guess its like THC and marijuana. But any strain of marijuana is going to be different and be a different experience based on things separate from THC (that's scientific reductionism). Ayahuasca is specifically the mixture of the Yage vine (which inhibits MAOI which doesn't allow for DMT uptake) and any other plant that contains DMT. The vine is actually a mild hallucinogen on its own, it is the 'power' and the the other DMT plants are the 'light'. Without the vine nothing would happen if you drank a DMT plant extraction because your body would break it down.

Also, any different tribe or shaman will have his 'mix' and call it Ayahuasca but have it be quite different from another tribe. So mixtures can have up to 8-9 different plants in them.

DMT is smoked in NA it seems, and I think that its more of a pure DMT experience. Ayahuasca brings the jungle in.

JASPER BEARDLY
04-30-2011, 07:29 PM
dmt scares me

Fatal Guillotine
05-01-2011, 12:13 PM
i dont know, just an array of chemicals imo

i remember a friend of mine say such drugs like this are normal in brazil and other countries

PALEFORCE
05-01-2011, 10:02 PM
graham hancock speaks on DMT on coast to coast

WfZDygSLD-M

pro.Graveface
05-02-2011, 01:08 PM
http://www.salvia.net/en/
here is some info to get high 2

Fatal Guillotine
05-03-2011, 11:42 AM
graham hancock speaks on DMT on coast to coast

WfZDygSLD-M

i remember him mentioning in a book i read

Fatal Guillotine
06-09-2011, 11:19 AM

expand on this

i find it intriguing even though i dont do drugs nor alcohol

Fatal Guillotine
06-09-2011, 11:20 AM
ayahuasca is compose of a plant root correct?

pro.Graveface
06-09-2011, 11:22 AM
i think its a mix of herbz and plantz provided by a shaman or bush dokter

Fatal Guillotine
06-09-2011, 11:32 AM
so it a combination of other drugs?

pro.Graveface
06-09-2011, 11:46 AM
im not shur , but I saw different trips on utube and it looked like they all made a brew of different herbs or so, tere's probly 1 standard ingredient

Fatal Guillotine
06-09-2011, 12:03 PM
same here as far as the youtube video