PDA

View Full Version : Eminem Signs Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf to Shady Records

Mcthuggin99
01-12-2011, 07:36 PM
http://cdn.2dopeboyz.com/m.php/2011/01/xxl-shady.jpg

After months of back-and-forth speculation, Interscope announces the deal is done. Besides statements, lips will likely remain sealed for a March "XXL" cover-story.

After months of speculation, Interscope Records revealed today that Eminem has signed Hip Hop quartet Slaughterhouse to Shady/Interscope. The formal announcement and full report will be made in the March issue of XXL magazine, a cover-story for the publication. Also revealed is that Eminem has also signed Gasden, Alabama DXnext alum Yelawolf, who will join the five others on the March XXL cover.

Interscope provided the following statement from Eminem: “Yelawolf and Slaughterhouse, it’s kinda phase two of Shady. It’s the new generation of Shady Records and as we’re trying to rebuild our label, it’s exciting for Hip Hop and with all of these forces coming together and with what everybody’s capable of on the mic, it’s gonna be fun.”

In a statement, Royce Da 5'9" noted the significance of reuniting with fellow Detroit native and former rhyme-partner Eminem. “It's very exciting for me to reunite with Eminem years after our Bad Meets Evil project together. Slaughterhouse on Shady Records will be a force to reckon with.” Along with Royce, Slaughterhouse consists of Long Beach, California's Crooked I, Brooklyn, New York's Joell Ortiz and Jersey City, New Jersey's Joe Budden.

Two months ago, Yelawolf released a retail version of his Trunk Muzik 0-60 on Interscope Records. According to Yela's Ghet-O-Vision imprint, he will remain there, in conjunction with the two high-profile labels. This also marks a return to Interscope for Joell Ortiz, who was signed to Dr. Dre's Aftermath Entertainment, an Interscope boutique label, between 2005 and 2007.

LORD NOSE
01-12-2011, 07:55 PM
wow

muscularghandi
01-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Approve. Hopefully those dudes can convince Eminem to make some good music again.

spiggity_ace
01-12-2011, 10:07 PM
yelawolf is dope

Mcthuggin99
01-12-2011, 10:17 PM
yelawolf is dope
yeah. i was sleeping on him for a while. i didnt hear Trunk Muzik till like September or October

BornPower
01-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Approve. Hopefully those dudes can convince Eminem to make some good music again.

Amen. The creativity shown by Em and Slaughterhouse seperately (in all respects) was ILL. There's no way Em's pride would let him get outshone in a ridiculous way by SlaughterHouse.

Hopefully this will put a big dent in the bullshit machine that is Hip Hop now.

OntheHorizon
01-12-2011, 10:48 PM

LOL

I'm not the worlds biggest Recovery fan either but that album was a huge success for him and brought his career back from the dead, I wouldnt hold my breath waiting on a style change from him, especially not to suit the Heads online who steal everything anyway.

As for the news, good for them, I could see Yelawolf blowing up actually, and in a way I think this might be Em's way of passing the baton, last few weeks I read that he was talking about doin 3 fuckin movies and not one mention of a new album or nothin, I think he's about to get his Movie money and leave these dudes to hold the fort down

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-12-2011, 11:05 PM
lol @ any label signing slaughterhouse after they couldnt move more than 10,000 with all the nerd blog hype ever seen

seeing an up and coming, talented and creative mc having to stand next to 4 rappers who epitomise the staleness and boring of underground rap music, is lulzy

Yelawolf would show up em on a track these days

MaskedAvenger
01-12-2011, 11:38 PM
Don't really care for these dudes. Even less so now.

ELEF_DIGITAL
01-13-2011, 02:29 AM
i dont really care, but Yelawolf is dope

Socrates92
01-13-2011, 03:53 AM
Never thought much of Slaughterhouse, loved Pop The Trunk by Yelawolf though.

issues
01-13-2011, 04:07 AM
this is a good move all round..

dafran
01-13-2011, 04:33 AM
Yela is fucking great but i agre with Lacey Slaughterhouse are boring as fuck

issues
01-13-2011, 09:44 AM
http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4364854/you-know-eminem-is-the-best-rapper-ever-ive-heard-Love-the-way-you-lie-so-i-know.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Musically-Oblivious-8th-Grader

Crackhead Bob
01-13-2011, 09:50 AM
Look at Buddens going moose hunting...

GhettoGnom
01-13-2011, 09:54 AM
http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4364854/you-know-eminem-is-the-best-rapper-ever-ive-heard-Love-the-way-you-lie-so-i-know.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Musically-Oblivious-8th-Grader

^lol

Definitely approved! SH got lots of potential, should be interesting to see what they're next album gonna be like.. Hopefully we can get something more than punchlines.

And yeller stays killing it, one of the most unique rappers to emerge in the blog-era..

JakobR
01-13-2011, 09:57 AM
The songs I've heard from their album have all been quite average but as individuals they are all very talented so the potential is there.

Yelawolf... He is talented and something very different. I'm not the biggest fan of his mixtapes but I appreciate that he is doing his own thing and expect his albums to be good now that he is working with someone like Em.

People such as Kanye, Jay-Z and Em are definitely doing something great for hip hop if you look at what kind of artists they sign (not that I like them all). Always looking for genuine talent.

Mcthuggin99
01-13-2011, 10:01 AM
i dont really care for Slaughterhouse, it's Yela who i'm hyped about. i just hope that Shady Records drops his album unlike most of the other rappers that have been signed to that label

Undiluted Karma
01-13-2011, 10:32 AM
This sounds good hopefully it will getthem more exposure and hopefully allow them some creativityproducer wise as to who they choose. I like all the SH rappers on their own and the SH album was great imo 4/5 beat and rappingwise. Crooked I and Royce are my favourite out of the group and among my favourite rappers. Hopefully it will bring more Em/Royce collabos too.

corky831
01-13-2011, 11:42 AM
yelawolf is dope as hell......love bumpin that joint you aint no dj wit him and big boi trading verses

ALCATRAZ
01-13-2011, 12:06 PM

olololololololololololol

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
01-13-2011, 12:10 PM
This sounds good hopefully it will getthem more exposure and hopefully allow them some creativityproducer wise as to who they choose. I like all the SH rappers on their own and the SH album was great imo 4/5 beat and rappingwise. Crooked I and Royce are my favourite out of the group and among my favourite rappers. Hopefully it will bring more Em/Royce collabos too.

cannot wait for SlaughterHouse to drop something new

LORD NOSE
01-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Ortiz will smash yella and Em

snakesonawiggly
01-13-2011, 02:49 PM
Im Pumped to hear the 2nd slaughterhouse album hearing them over Dre & Em beats would be amzing. Same with Yelawolf, I also think Yela and Ca$his doing a track together would be insane best part is both albums can be keep in house and still epic. Production from Em Dre Porter Alc & Khalil.

Socrates92
01-13-2011, 03:49 PM

Haha

Origin™
01-13-2011, 06:52 PM

no doubt, Ortiz is that dude.

whitey
01-14-2011, 12:05 AM

no doubt, Ortiz is that dude.

smash is a bit of a harsh word there. i dont agree with that statement as all but to each his own. regardless theres no way he would smash those two dudes.

True Father Allah
01-14-2011, 06:51 AM
yelawolf is dope not feeling dude, wasn't he signed with Big Boi at first?

lol @ any label signing slaughterhouse after they couldnt move more than 10,000 with all the nerd blog hype ever seen

didn't they move 18,000 their first week?

Look at Buddens going moose hunting... lol, I was expecting more comments like this on Wu's site, I just wish the footage of him getting mushed in his "side eye" would pop up somewhere

People such as Kanye, Jay-Z and Em are definitely doing something great for hip hop if you look at what kind of artists they sign (not that I like them all). Always looking for genuine talent. I agree with this

Paranoid
01-14-2011, 07:46 AM
pretty cool. yelawolf is good, i like slaughter house except for joe budden. fuck that nig

Djaminha
01-14-2011, 08:17 AM
Possible producers for SH album???/??

http://twitter.com/TheRealRoyce59/status/24183983612887040

corky831
01-14-2011, 08:22 AM
ortiz is a beast

GhettoGnom
01-14-2011, 08:56 AM

Or Success Is Certain?

drippie k
01-14-2011, 06:06 PM
i wanna hear a bad meets evil album (yeah right)

cap
01-14-2011, 10:51 PM

lord have mercy!!

TUCO
01-14-2011, 11:03 PM
slaughterhouse bringing their monotonous stale punchline driven rap to the masses....fuck

main_man
01-15-2011, 05:25 PM
i still dont get any real hip hop head that would diss slaughterhouse. was their album the greatest? no was it a solid album? hell yeah. especially for being made in 2 or 3 weeks.

royce is a mc's mc.
budden is the weakest of the 4, but still not horrible at all.
crooked is one of the best holdin down the west coast at the moment.

and anybody who dismisses my nigga joell ortiz as a "punchline rapper" either:
a) has never really listened to any of the cats material.
or b) is just really, really fucking stupid

joell is a fuckin BEAST. and last year he proved that shit. his devil in a blue dress freestyle was easily one of the best rhymes of last year. and his "free agent" album that leaked had some serious heat.

anyway, i dont understand the yelawolf love. i listened to his trunk muzik album and it had 3 or 4 decent songs on it. i guess if i never seen what he looked like i wouldn't think he was some faggot crackhead lead singer for a bi-sexual alternative band. lol but i guess we'll wait and see what the future holds for this guy. i guess he's not as bad as that fuckin asher roth piece of shit.

Sham-iLL
01-15-2011, 05:59 PM
the white boys only ones not rockin a beard

Rame
01-15-2011, 05:59 PM
I'd rather see him work with Royce and ditch the rest.

drippie k
01-15-2011, 06:23 PM
and eminem/yelawolf song would be insane...yela is that dude, fucka slaughterhouse

Mr. R&B
01-16-2011, 04:33 PM
i still dont get any real hip hop head that would diss slaughterhouse. was their album the greatest? no was it a solid album? hell yeah. especially for being made in 2 or 3 weeks.

royce is a mc's mc.

joell is a fuckin BEAST. and last year he proved that shit. his devil in a blue dress freestyle was easily one of the best rhymes of last year. and his "free agent" album that leaked had some serious heat.

anyway, i dont understand the yelawolf love. i listened to his trunk muzik album and it had 3 or 4 decent songs on it. i guess if i never seen what he looked like i wouldn't think he was some faggot crackhead lead singer for a bi-sexual alternative band. lol but i guess we'll wait and see what the future holds for this guy. i guess he's not as bad as that fuckin asher roth piece of shit.

I agree with just about everything in this post.

but I must admit, this news opens up a world of possibilities.

This aquisition has the potential to be HUGE!!!

Mcthuggin99
01-17-2011, 02:42 PM
and eminem/yelawolf song would be insane...yela is that dude, fucka slaughterhouse
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/disl0cated/RandomLolz/yes-stanley.gif

triPAUD
01-17-2011, 06:08 PM

royce is a mc's mc.

Real talk, I just don't get it when people say they're wack. As you said, that album was made in a week, but had some serious bangers, it wasn't wack by any means. also when you look at each of their individual catalogs, there aren't many groups with every member being that versatile. niggas just hatin and not listening is what i conclude. that or they're stupid

Longbongcilvaringz
01-18-2011, 04:57 AM
i guess i'm the only one who thinks yelawolf is a bit of a massive corn ball.

he raps over good beats though.

David Daniel Davis
01-18-2011, 07:19 PM
Joe Budden had better thank God everyday that this Shady signing happened for him; really; I am glad to finally see Crooked I and Joell Ortiz get stable label situations and I am most of all happy for Royce 5'9" finally reuniting with Eminem; Eminem screwed him over eight years ago but I am glad that they were able to put that aside and get Royce where he needs to be; I hope he also perhaps becomes part of D12; he and Proof made up before he died and he would fit in very well; it would not be D12 without one more person because then it would be D10.

Sham-iLL
01-18-2011, 07:34 PM
i just wanna see Crooked I on some

M6p8TQrtpk0

that type of shit with Eminem on that same shit... Crook & Em got similar styles.