PDA

View Full Version : Will Ferrell & John C Riley rap album..

issues
01-13-2011, 08:56 AM
13/01/2011
The duo will reprise their roles from Step Brothers to make the hip hop album.

Of all the likely candidates to release a hip hop album in 2011, you could be forgiven for overlooking Will Ferrell and John C Riley as being in the running.

The actors have started working on the project which is based on the characters they played in their 2008 hit Step Brothers. The film’s director, Adam McKay, confirmed that the two are hard at work on the album on his Twitter page earlier in the week.

Just so no one had any doubts, McKay also posted a follow up Tweet which said, “Wasn’t kidding about the album. We have crazy big time producer Mos Def.”

The album will likely be released under the guise of Huff n Doback, the duo the pair performed as in the film. Riley has already featured on a album, thanks to his appearance in the big screen version of Chicago, but this will be Farrell’s first foray into the music industry.

Watch out for more news on this one later in the year.

http://www.musicrooms.net/showbiz/23839-will-farrell-and-john-c-riley-to-release-a-rap-album.html

QTTUKejngiw

White_Mouse
01-13-2011, 10:33 AM
"crazy big time producer Mos Def" sounds like descriptions I read of knockoff merchandise being sold by Asians on Ebay, the audience for this album isn't going to be hip-hop heads so I would call this more of a "comedy album", it's like when Bo Burnum raps (who I think has some really cool wordplay) hip-hop headz aren't really checking for that shit, still looks mad funny tho

issues
01-13-2011, 10:41 AM
"crazy big time producer Mos Def" sounds like descriptions I read of knockoff merchandise being sold by Asians on Ebay, the audience for this album isn't going to be hip-hop heads so I would call this more of a "comedy album", it's like when Bo Burnum raps (who I think has some really cool wordplay) hip-hop headz aren't really checking for that shit, still looks mad funny tho

definately comedic.. should be funny..

i just posted it because of the Mos Def mention..

Mcthuggin99
01-13-2011, 11:14 AM
id listen to it just for the comedy, you're crazy if you're expecting them to make a real rap album, this is going to be just like Boats N Hoes

Undiluted Karma
01-13-2011, 11:33 AM
haha looking forward to this thanks for the info OP