PDA

View Full Version : Commercially hated on

Visionz
10-17-2005, 02:32 AM
You know how some people ignore every artist that gets spins on the commercial joints like MTV and shit. Who do you think is a really talented emcee but gets slept on by real heads because they sale too many records? I think Luda belongs in this category personally.

Bloo
10-17-2005, 02:46 AM
I actually do like Luda sometimes. You have to lsten to the stuff he doesn't release though. His albums are actually pretty funny. I like that he doesn't take himself too serious. He reminds me of a shorter version of myself

PolitiC
10-17-2005, 02:47 AM
i know ive been thinking the same thing its fucked up to hate anyone who sells over 500 000 records..imagine if wu or mf doom or somebody like that would go like double platinum with their old school style and their style would come popular like the soul sampling style is now and the radio would be full of that raw sound..i think there might be lotta suacide notes on this site lol

Bloo
10-17-2005, 02:49 AM
I think Outkast is in that list too. To be truthful they're the only artists in the game right now that have stuck with the same style through their whole carrear. Well except for Andre but even then his shit is tight too.

$inista
10-17-2005, 02:55 AM
i dont think they is such thing as saling 2 many records
but luda is definately a commercial gifted talented ass mofo

I think busta rhymes when he was getting play on MTV & even now he still gets slept on

Visionz
10-17-2005, 03:07 AM
I think Outkast is in that list too. ^I heard that, Aquemini is one of my all time favorites

Bone Collecta
10-17-2005, 06:05 AM
I think Outkast is in that list too. To be truthful they're the only artists in the game right now that have stuck with the same style through their whole carrear. Well except for Andre but even then his shit is tight too.
um actually its the opposite. they never kept the same style

Drunken_Dragon_Fist
10-17-2005, 06:12 AM
outkast went from rapping, to straight pop singing..i'm pretty sure thats not the same style

Analyze
10-17-2005, 07:53 AM
Usually commercially accepted artist sold or makes music that the masses like which today is that corny ass shit or its a niggas thats linked with someone else. Like oh, Yayo is hot because he's in G-Unit.

Wu Forever

faderlaceratah
10-17-2005, 01:39 PM
What are you saying? i love Outkast as much as the next guy but they definitely have not stuck with the same style. STANKONIA and SPEAKERBOXX/LOVE BELOW were hugely different from their older shit.

KBOS
10-17-2005, 03:21 PM
Your opinion doesn't count because you clearly don't know anything about outkast

Visionz
10-17-2005, 03:46 PM
^actually he acknowledged Andre having changed up.....I would say that Big Boi has kept basically the same style throughout his career. Not to say that he hasn't grown lyrically, just that he's never pulled a 180 that way Andre has.

Bloo
10-17-2005, 03:52 PM
What are you saying? i love Outkast as much as the next guy but they definitely have not stuck with the same style. STANKONIA and SPEAKERBOXX/LOVE BELOW were hugely different from their older shit.
Yeah yeah, you got a point. But they're still dissed cause they're mainstream now. I still prefer their music though

Bloo
10-17-2005, 03:53 PM
Your opinion doesn't count because you clearly don't know anything about outkast
And you don't aparently know anything about me considering you act like I've just started listening to rap when in all reality I probably know more about them than you do.

deadlymelody
10-17-2005, 06:59 PM
No one has mentioned Common. His album didnt sound commerical at all and it went gold.

RapLevelated
10-17-2005, 07:15 PM
No one has mentioned Common. His album didnt sound commerical at all and it went gold.

Common doesn't get slept on.

RapLevelated
10-17-2005, 07:17 PM
I would say Luda.

crass
10-17-2005, 07:36 PM
outkast have changed but they've never sold out. if anything, speakerboxx/love below was the least mainstream thing they could have done. they've consistently kept it real.

MaShPG
10-17-2005, 08:41 PM
Game. He's actually got some good shit. Like I love his song "Dreams". But I do it in secret because I'm not "real" if I listen to The Game.

baby jesus
10-17-2005, 08:58 PM
I Would Say Ludacris He Put Himself Behind The 8-Ball Early For Me Coming Out With That Whats Your Fantasy Song But Then After That I Slowly Started Realizing He Aint That Bad.

THE W
10-17-2005, 09:00 PM
method man

baby jesus
10-17-2005, 09:04 PM
Oh And Jay-z I Find It Crazy That People Think His Trash I Know It's Opinion But I Can Only Believe It's Because He's Popular. I Meen I Seen In The Review Section People Given Reasonable Doubt A 1 That Can Only Be Because There Hatred Is Blinding Them.

Shaolin Warrior
10-17-2005, 10:58 PM
I would say Game. He's actually not that bad. I like his Documentary Cd. Luda as well.

Bloo
10-17-2005, 11:59 PM
You know, The Game actually suprised me. I peeped his shit expecting it to be another G-Unit cookie cutter club album but he was actually hitting on some real topics. He's probably one of the only commercial artists I'd check for.

Mega Matt
10-18-2005, 12:15 AM
as far as good commercial artists getting hated on by the queers here cause they're commercial? luda, game, jay-z though not all his albums were good, i only like 4 of them (reasonable doubt, volume 1, blueprint, black album). the rest were eh and volume 3 was trash. there's a lot more to name imo cause i listen to a broad variety of artists so i'll probably still get hated on anyways (i'm listening to g-unit right now motherfuckers!!!! lloyd banks "smile")

Bloo
10-18-2005, 12:26 AM
Smile is tollerable.

But before I listen to any Lloyd Banks willingly he's gonna have to swallow those grits in his mouth and gargle throughly.

Alcryt
10-18-2005, 09:43 AM
some dude just told me he hates wu tang cos they commercial and i was like wtf? and hes lik i just saw them on tv so their commercial lol wat a fag