PDA

View Full Version : Why do you love Hip Hop?

killabee_1993
10-17-2005, 04:43 AM
Theres millions of hip hop fans across the globe and among those millions, there are a million different reasons why they love hip hop. Ive been a fan for years now and for the most part, its all I think about. When Im standing there at work- I have a song in my head or I'm thinking about beats or whatever, when Im in my car Im listening to whatever Im feeling at the time, its with me everywhere. And thats why I love, its immersive. Once you get a taste of quality hip hop music, it possesses you. Just all the artistic work involved and expression within hip hop and hearing what each emcee has to say in their unique way. Its one of the few things in my life that I never get tired of. It makes life more interesting and I cant imagine what life would be like without it. Wu-Tang is the first group that really drew me in and taught what hip hop was all about and their music impresses with every listen. Thats why Im posting on this site rather than some bullshit forum somewhere else

What about hip hop draws you in and why are you a part of the culture?
Im interested to hear what everybody has to say

Alcryt
10-17-2005, 05:01 AM
i love hip hop cos apart from that commercial shite its not pussy music like all the stuff in the music charts, i like listnin 2 music that the commercial lovin public wont hav heard of, plus its real music it aint sum sort of shit thats all the same just 2 make money its straight music with real talent and it makes me feel "i got a great taste in music" cos most ppl i kno only hear wats played 2 them in the charts and its shit and wen i used 2 listen 2 shit like that i was never really in2 music i listened 2 it every now and then but when i started gettin in2 wu tang and other great hip hop artists theres barely anytime i aint listnin 2 music. iv always loved tha sound of hip hop from the beats and the rhymes and theres so many different talents out their 2 check out and theres nothing better than playin sum raw gravediggaz loud around sum pussy 50 cent lovers and they look at u lik "wat tha fuk!?!" cos they aint eva heard decent hip hop before lol

midGet
10-17-2005, 01:51 PM
I first listened to Hip-Hop in 1995, that was Cypress Hill - Black Sunday album...Temple Of Boom and Dre's The Chronic followed....it just pumped my blood in veins, I was overwhelmed by it and started to listen to it.....digged in the history, where it comes from 'n stuff and I just had more 'n more love for Hip-Hop. My love for HH is in me, in my soul. Maaad respect for the old school and the '90s Hip-Hop. Can't live without that stuff now.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
10-17-2005, 01:57 PM
beats, lyrics, flow, technique, delivery, slang, style, loops, samples, vibe, dopeness

pecker2832
10-17-2005, 02:04 PM
i got into hip hop when i was about 9 years old because i would go to my friends house every day and their older bro would always have his friends over and they would be listening to Wu-tang, Nas, Biggie, Tupac, Dre, ect. I liked the beats but it was the lyrics that got me hooked. Listening to Illmatic, 36 chambers, liquid swords, ready to die, I heard some good rhymes.

Antibody
10-17-2005, 02:05 PM
It's an artform to me. There's so much that can be done with it, it combines elements from all other genre's and you get more lyrics in shorter spaces of time.

IthinkI'mGonnaBeLesbian.
10-17-2005, 02:11 PM
Because Hip-Hop loves me.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
10-17-2005, 02:14 PM
^ no one else does

IthinkI'mGonnaBeLesbian.
10-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Fuck what you think.

KangThaKonquerer
10-17-2005, 03:23 PM
It is eisier to articulate thoughts and feelings in hip hop. You can do most anything in god damn hip hop. Like country, rock, pop can't make a dr.octagon cause they don't have the range. Hip Hop can be made on any topic and any level of any race.

Bloo
10-17-2005, 03:36 PM
I love hip hop because it upsets the older white people I live by

IthinkI'mGonnaBeLesbian.
10-17-2005, 03:38 PM
My mother likes Hip-Hop 2. And my dad looks a lot like Cilvaringz & RZA.
ODB reminds me of my uncle who's dead now. R.I.P.

I look like those girls in that Prodigal Sunn 'The Grindz' video... Sorry.
And while we're busy, I only had sex with 1 guy and he's in jail now. Sorry.

BAN ME AGAIN

IthinkI'mGonnaBeLesbian.
10-17-2005, 03:39 PM
/

RapLevelated
10-17-2005, 04:28 PM
It connects so many people across nations and cultures. There is so much to learn from the words. And in no way can rich white Americans take credit for it.

ol dirty abbot
10-17-2005, 04:30 PM
Makes me happy when I feel sad makes me feel better when I feeling good. I dont think I can pinpoint anything but the first time I heard Wu in 1994 I never wanted to listen to anything other than pure hip hop. Its a part of me as much as anything else. And over the last 11 years of listening to Wu-Tang nothing else sounds as good. Not all hip hop does it for me though only shit that I think is raw and pure. So yeah

deadlymelody
10-17-2005, 05:56 PM
Hip hop is beautiful. I can honestly say about 2 years ago I hated it. I hated the sound and everything. I liked a few artists. Clipse, NELLY, Pharell, but it wasnt until 2 years ago I caught the Wu Tang on accident pretty much. I heard Cream, and it made me a hip hop fan. Now im a die hard Wu fan and love the art of hip hop. Thats my story.

the funky drunk
10-18-2005, 01:17 PM
i dont just love the music , i love the art , the expresion and the message of hip-hop , not just rap i love , graffiti , breakdncing , dj'n etc , its all amazingly unique , and cos of this , hip-hop can never ever die , sure it may fade away eventually , but in some way or another , it will always creep its way back up to the top , and thats why i love hip-hop

peace