PDA

View Full Version : For anyone waiting for Tonedeff to rap..

GhettoGnom
01-18-2011, 01:53 PM
said on Dec 01, 2010: (http://qn5.com/discuss/viewreply/250316/)

I sincerely appreciate the love, y’all. It makes me happy to know that there are folks out there who still check for the kid. I apologize for the lengthy waits between drops, but I’m always looking to outdo myself at all costs and entertain in the process. So… it takes a little longer than MC EightyMixTapesAWeek to construct.

I personally believe the stuff I’m doing now is my best work yet, but I still feel like there’s plenty of room to grow as a writer/performer. It’s awesome that y’all seem to feel that way as well. It’s generally pretty frustrating to see the majority of the discussion on other websites about my work being about “Peruvian Coke” or “616”. I’ve come a LOOOOONG way since then, and what you’re hearing in these little spurts is an indicator of where I am.
I’d like to show more, but while we managed to drop 6 albums in QK10, most of my “Tonedeff” plans fell through in the process (mainly cause I was standing in line at the post office).

I promise you, I will be back on my emcee shit in 2011 - so beware world.
I’ve already shot 2 videos (one with JS-1, one for CATM…and looking to do one for “Sunrise”), recorded 3 cameos that haven’t been released yet, Asterisk:Five appearances, CATM will be out in the spring AND the new Tonedeff album is getting into shape finally. Oh, and a few dates with CunninLynguists in the spring as well. I’ve written more this year than I have since 2004. Hell, I might even put out a FreeEP. I’m just that nice of a guy.

On some real shit, I think I’ve released enough of other people’s albums for the time being. Sadly, there’s alot of dickridery out there causing folks to sleep on the QN5 label…so fuck it. I gotta make some damn solo records apparently. Frankly, I’m motivated by the sheer amount of posers out there these days. Fortunately for me, I started most of this upcoming stuff last year, so no excuses. http://qn5.com/images/smileys/icon_wink.gif

I love y’all mucho. MUCH More to come!

After releasing two of my absolute favorite verses last year in Ninety 5 and I Wish I Was Dead (seriously, I do not understand how anyone can say anyone got a better flow than this guy after hearing these. Dude is unmatched), my anticipation for this is out of this world..

The world needs more Tone.

sKZ2KM2M4qw

kMemb3AzBlY

Ridiculous.. Just ridiculous. And as much as I hate not having more then one album by him, I much prefer it over how the scene is today with everyother rapper having his own fucking weekly series.

Monkdude
01-18-2011, 02:24 PM
"archetype" is a wack POS that I wish i never bought. worst album i ever wasted money on

GhettoGnom
01-18-2011, 04:41 PM
"archetype" is a wack POS that I wish i never bought. worst album i ever wasted money on

|(|(|(

Djaminha
01-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Give me a hard working rapper over a lazy failure.

Tonedeff is a loser, he almost ran his own company into the ground.

GhettoGnom
01-19-2011, 02:39 AM
Give me a hard working rapper over a lazy failure.

LOL.

Feel whatever you like about Tonedeff's music, but calling him "lazy" is more ignorant than Gucci's face tat.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
01-19-2011, 06:48 AM
Tonedeff > Nas.

OPTIMUS
01-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Tonedeff > Nas.

this week Tonedeff hey? any scoops for next week?

Socrates92
01-19-2011, 12:47 PM
I need to check more Tonedeff stuff out, the songs that I have heard, mainly ones from Archetype were incredible, obviously Porcelain comes to mind but Optimist from Asterisk Four was awesome aswell.

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
01-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Tonedeff > Nas.

Lupe > Tonedeff > Rakim

Lyrically.

Dr Sleepwalker
01-19-2011, 11:59 PM
Tonedeff's a very skilled and underrated rapper, good to hear he has projects on the go. Archetype was a great album