PDA

View Full Version : It has to be said "Nas is lyrically the illest rapper to ever touch a mic"

zooruka
01-22-2011, 04:06 PM
I know dude has made some corny albums and he doesn't always get it right everytime, but lets face it who does and who can ??????

But on the real this dude is lyrically the illest rapper to ever spit on a mic and thats real. Nas continuously amazes me when he's blowin on beats.

Personally I think its a joke that jay and nas had a beef.....Jay is not even worthy to rap in the same industry as nas....dude is like a minor leaguer and nas is like babe ruth.

Seriously I think that most fans take nas's illness for granted, and are either ingnorant or just don't understand how ill son is.

Forget all the L's he took with the kelis and jay beef (personally)...

It has to be said this cat is the KING OF N.Y & KING Of RAP.....:king:

Psssh Biggie smalls nigga please.

peace

CharlesJones
01-22-2011, 04:09 PM
I agree with what you're saying. I don't think he took a loss against Jay-Z. He killed Jay with Ether song. I agree with Jay when he said Nas made one hot album which is Illmatic. Nas disappoints me with his wack albums but he is one of the illest rappers ever. I would put him, Canibus and Rakim as the top 3 illest rappers ever.

zooruka
01-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Charles whats good ???? You still bangin those blaxploitation films ????? lol

Anyway don't you like "It was written" ??????????

peace

CharlesJones
01-22-2011, 04:16 PM
I didn't like It Was Written album but i like the songs I Gave You Power and Live Nigga Rap with Mobb Deep. I haven't watched 70's black movies in awhile but i do have Pam Grier's Coffy and Bucktown movies on dvd. I might watch Coffy today. I haven't seen it in awhile.

Fatal Guillotine
01-22-2011, 04:28 PM
i agree but where you leave other cats like Canibus

CharlesJones
01-22-2011, 04:39 PM
I said Canibus. I would put Nas, Canibus, Rakim in the top 3 illest rappers ever.

zooruka
01-22-2011, 04:42 PM
i agree but where you leave other cats like Canibus

Canibus is dope no doubt so are all the clan as well as Prodigy and Pharoahe monch....they all have there strong points. I just feel nas is on another level.

Here is someone who also agree's.

CY0h-8t1pGY&feature=related

peace

CharlesJones
01-22-2011, 04:46 PM
I saw footage of Prodigy on Youtube talking about Nas is stupid for saying hip hop is dead. How can Prodigy say that? Nas is right that hip hop is dead and if Prodigy can't see that, then he's stupid. Hip hop has been dead for at least 11 years and i'm glad Nas had the balls to say what he said. Nobody in rap music has been making good music consistently. The 90's was the last good decade for rap music and we'll probably never hear good rap music again.

zooruka
01-22-2011, 04:49 PM
^^^^^^^

Kick it cuz

cosign 100%

Charles you is the nas of wu tang corp.

peace

Fatal Guillotine
01-22-2011, 04:51 PM
i dont know i think canibus has the ability to make nas push himself

i think c of tranquility is maaaaaaaaaaaaad slept on

Fatal Guillotine
01-22-2011, 04:52 PM
always like prodigy delivery....not so much his subject matter

zooruka
01-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Canibus= encyclopedia/dictionary

But I agree canibus can be so ill...and honestly I would have loved to hear nas on the desperado joint off the firm album....that would have been a good show down, because canibus spat his illest rhyme ever on that joint....he rapped with swag rather than sounding like an angry battle rapper.... If only he continued to rap like that.

p.s On a side note I think Az showed how dope he is to, because after canibus's opening verse on desperado's I think nearly all rappers would have struggled to hold it down, yet az managed to do just that..... Props to az for that.

peace.

peace

Undiluted Karma
01-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Hip Hop isn't dead now and it wasn't dead in 04. I feel sorry for anyone who believes that, but I respect peoples opinions. But nah the underground is very vibrant and both the old and new are productive.

Just because the older 90's hip hop and raw style stuff isnt in the charts or loved among the masses doesn't mean its dead. And for those saying 'this should be in the radio' for it to be on the radio the ug hh would have to be toned down so you dont want that stuff on the radio. The masses don't have to enjoy it as long as there atleast a few people enjoying it. Why do you think underground emcees are still rocking mics.

Nas isnt in my top 3 (hell my favourite rapper lists as in who's my top 5 always changes) but dude is great. I also like how he has significantly covered sociological themes beyond 'It's rough in the streets' e.g. ' I Can'.

Peace

Undiluted Karma
01-22-2011, 05:11 PM

I think Prodigy is good, but I think that compared to other rappers who also have largely singular subject matter, his rhymes don't hold. That's just my opinion though.

zooruka
01-22-2011, 05:25 PM
I think Prodigy is good, but I think that compared to other rappers who also have largely singular subject matter, his rhymes don't hold. That's just my opinion though.

Prodigy is like the holocust of N.Y gangsta raps...The way he delivers his raps and the unorthodox words he chooses to paint his pictures makes him one of the illest.....his style is far beyond just the run of the mill " Im a G in the street" raps.

peace

JASPER BEARDLY
01-22-2011, 06:15 PM
no gza is

Inspektah Meth-Tical
01-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Hip Hop isn't dead now and it wasn't dead in 04. I feel sorry for anyone who believes that, but I respect peoples opinions. But nah the underground is very vibrant and both the old and new are productive.

Just because the older 90's hip hop and raw style stuff isnt in the charts or loved among the masses doesn't mean its dead. And for those saying 'this should be in the radio' for it to be on the radio the ug hh would have to be toned down so you dont want that stuff on the radio. The masses don't have to enjoy it as long as there atleast a few people enjoying it. Why do you think underground emcees are still rocking mics.

Nas isnt in my top 3 (hell my favourite rapper lists as in who's my top 5 always changes) but dude is great. I also like how he has significantly covered sociological themes beyond 'It's rough in the streets' e.g. ' I Can'.

Peace

Who's in your top 3?

Nas in his Illmatic/IWW days would have to be the illest. No one can touch him in that era of 1992-1996. Then dude just fell the fuck off.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
01-22-2011, 10:11 PM

Yo, the heavy metal king hold big shit, with spare clips
You seein clips when the mac spit your top got split
Layin dead with open eyes close his eyelids
Turn off his lights switch to darkness, cause deep in the abyss
is street life, blood on my kicks, shit on my knife
Youse the wild child, kid cold turnin men into mice
I was born to take power leave my mark on this planet
The Phantom of Crime Rap, niggaz is left stranded
Shut down your operation, closed for business
Leave a foul taste in your mouth, like Guinness
POW niggaz is found MIA
We move like the special forces, green beret
Heavily around my throat, I don't play
Shit brand new, back in eighty-nine, the same way
The God P walk with a limp see, but simply
To simplify shit, no man can go against me
Test me you must be bent G, don't tempt me
I had this full clip for so long, it needs to empty
The reason why it full for so long, cause I don't waste shit
You probably hid, blood in your mouth, so you could taste it
Quiet as kept, I lay back and watch the world spin
I hear thugs, claimin that they gonna rob the Mobb
When they see us, I tell you what black, here's the issue
It's a package deal, you rob me, you take this message
along with that, I ain't your average cat
Fuck rap, I'm tryin to make CREAM and that's that
Whatever it takes however it gots to go down
Four mikes on stage a motherfuckin four pound
Speakers leakin out sound and niggaz leakin on the ground
I could truely care less the God will get his
Regardless blow for blow let's find out who wear hardest
This rap artist used to be a stickup artist
Sometimes I test myself see if I still got it
A live nigga stay on point never diss
Regard shit or forget the essence, from which I emerged
P is sick, so save that bullshit for the burbs
Live up to my word, if I got beef, niggaz comin in herds
We flush through your click get purged

triPAUD
01-22-2011, 11:13 PM

I agree,except that I do think it was dead, or near so, in 06, there was still dope shit coming out, but no one was really being creative. now, and nas says this too, i think every part of hip hop is lively again. fuck what's on tv, it doesn't matter what the mainstream likes. it doesn't limit, or control what you can listen to anymore.

I said Canibus. I would put Nas, Canibus, Rakim in the top 3 illest rappers ever.

cosign

Prodigy is like the holocust of N.Y gangsta raps...The way he delivers his raps and the unorthodox words he chooses to paint his pictures makes him one of the illest.....his style is far beyond just the run of the mill " Im a G in the street" raps.

yo t he infamous and hell on earth r ridiculous...no other shit like prodigy on them

APOLLO STASH
01-22-2011, 11:52 PM
He's not consistent with his work. Illmatic, classic. It Was Written, classic. After that, his albums were the type of albums to have only several good songs. But if we were back in 95 right now, I'd definitely say Nas is the best out right now.

Wh0am3ye?
01-23-2011, 01:53 AM
I'd have to agree Nas is the king of NY when it comes to this rap shit. It's cool we all got our opinions, but technically nas would murk dudes favorite ringtone rappers and those rappers favorite rappers. I went to rock the bells twice mainly for Nas, second time was with marley doing the distant relative collab, Nas would come on with some joints then marley. Nas would spit over some of damians shit and vice versa. Those nights were the best I wish the shit went on until the mornin. IDK what else to say you'd have to be there to experience the vibe.

yFHcpigLj9Y

Socrates92
01-23-2011, 08:54 AM
Man I'm really not a big fan of Nas.

Rakim shits on him.

GZA shits on him.

Big Pun shits on him.

As do many others.

IN MY OPINION

Mumm Ra
01-23-2011, 09:13 AM
< killah priest

Inspektah Meth-Tical
01-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Didn't Nas like outshine Big Pun and Killah Priest on their own tracks? I'm not a big Nas fan either but everyone thinks Nas gets owned by everyone but he has rarely been outshined.

Mumm Ra
01-23-2011, 09:40 AM
I think odb outshined the rest of the clan on most tracks but im not sure that would lead to him being lyrically one of the illest rappers

Inspektah Meth-Tical
01-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Nah i'm just saying Nas outshined Pun in John Blaze and Killah Priest in Gun 4 Gun.

Djaminha
01-23-2011, 11:01 AM
My head explodes reading this thread.

APOLLO STASH
01-23-2011, 11:30 AM
People need to be more specific when comparing MCs. They'll just say one is better than the other. That's too broad. MCing isn't 1 skill. If you compared Nas and Big Pun, you'd have to discuss different things that they're better than each other at. If you told Nas to make a song about how it is living in the ghetto, he'd definitely do a better job than Pun. If you told Pun to make a song to verbally attack every wack MC in the industry, he'd definitely do a better job than Nas. Pun's flow is better than Nas' flow. But when it comes to the essence of lyricism Nas would shit on him.

Undiluted Karma
01-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Who's in your top 3?

Nas in his Illmatic/IWW days would have to be the illest. No one can touch him in that era of 1992-1996. Then dude just fell the fuck off.

As I said it always rotates but atm:

Raekwon
Masta Killa
GZA

Undiluted Karma
01-23-2011, 11:45 AM
My head explodes reading this thread.

Yo Djaminha, is that track in your sig off the upcoming Sen City mixtape?

triPAUD
01-23-2011, 01:18 PM
people always say he fell off, but its just that his earliest work was at that caliber. its true though, 97*-01 though, he wasn't doin it though.

zooruka
01-23-2011, 04:53 PM
But when it comes to the essence of lyricism Nas would shit on him.

:mmmyah:

For those saying nas got outshined on tracks by other m.c's..... Half the time when nas spits on other m.c's joints, his lyrics are throw aways when compared to his own tracks..... You can tell he doesn't wanna splash other m.c's joints like that.!!!!! If you wanna hear nas lacing an all star m.c line up track proper, then listen to his verses on the firm album especially the joint "executive decision's".

peace

OB4CL
01-23-2011, 05:03 PM
Nas is the best East Coast Rapper and Ice Cube the best West coast rapper

APOLLO STASH
01-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Nas is the best East Coast Rapper and Ice Cube the best West coast rapper

Do you listen to underground?