PDA

View Full Version : THis MC Lyte track is better than her singles

Prolifical ENG
01-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Something I just caught while digging through the rekkid crates. I dont know why I think, good 93 production, and her flow is spot on.

1TWBcbImOHw

CharlesJones
01-27-2011, 05:37 PM
I used to have that album you posted a picture of from Youtube. That album is called Ain't No Other and it has the tight songs Ruffneck and I Go On. That album is wack though. MC Lyte can rap but her albums are soft like most female rappers. Queen Latifah is another female rapper that disappoints me because she got skills and she's better than a lot of male rappers. She's done more soft songs than hard songs and that's why she disappoints me. Only album of her's i heard is Nature Of A Sista and it's wack. She got a couple of joints on her Black Reign album i like such as Black Hand Side and Just Another Day. She got a song with Treach of Naughty By Nature, KRS One and Heavy D on Black Reign that's pretty good. I forgot the name of the song. Prolifical ENG, check out her songs Elements I'm Among on Sunset Park soundtrack and Name Callin on Set It Off soundtrack on Youtube. Those songs are hard. She had a video for Elements I'm Among. Jersey song she did on New Jersey Drive soundtrack is alright too. I was listening to a diss song she did about Foxy Brown and some other female rappers she didn't name on Youtube a few days ago. She came hard on that song. Check it out. I didn't know she had beef with Foxy Brown but i think Foxy dissed her first. I think people have slept on her skills just because she's done movies and Living Single tv show.

Yo Yo is another female rapper that disappointed me. Her You Better Ask Somebody album is pretty good but i think her other albums suck. I heard her Black Pearl album and it sucks. She got skills but most of her songs are soft. She had done some acting for awhile but i guess she stopped doing that. I think she's a radio dj now in Los Angeles.

Prolifical ENG
01-27-2011, 05:47 PM
Damn, this thread sure flopped...Cj dug it up. I forgot I even made this thread.

CharlesJones
01-27-2011, 05:56 PM
LOL. Most guys on here don't listen to female rappers and i can understand why because most female rappers don't make a lot of hard songs like male rappers. MC Lyte can rap but like i said, most of her songs are soft. Ruffneck song is my shit. I love that joint. I also like her song Cold Rock A Party with Missy Elliott. I like the Diana Ross Upside Down sample she used.

FlamingSwordz
01-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Every time I hear an MC Lyte song I say to myself I gotta check more of here shit out, then I forget cause I love her flow man. Thanks for the link... don't sleep on MC Lyte people. I actually like female rappers, mostly from the late 80's and 90's, like Apani B-Fly Emcee, Bahamadia... good shit.

I was listening to this not to long ago
Gq3BTC151rY