PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Pete Rock and Primo will release NaS songs from 1992-1994?

Inspektah Meth-Tical
01-24-2011, 10:15 AM
http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2010/12/26/a-sitdown-with-dj-premier-pete-rock-video/

Pete Rock and DJ Premier talk about Illmatic somewhere in this video and they say how they have made songs with Nas during the Illmatic sessions that was either scrapped or kept in the vaults, do you think they would ever leak or they would release those tracks?

whitey
01-24-2011, 10:37 AM
No.

issues
01-24-2011, 10:38 AM
do you think you'll ever stop making threads about Nas?..

whitey
01-24-2011, 10:51 AM
No.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
01-24-2011, 11:01 AM
would you ever answer my questions properly?

issues
01-24-2011, 11:29 AM
would you ever answer my questions properly?

how can i answer a question which is asking what i think Nas will do?..

how am i supposed to know what hes going to do?..

is he going to rap about camels drinking milk underwater?..

Inspektah Meth-Tical
01-24-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm just asking if it there is a possibility that we might get our hands on those tracks.

deeznutz1981
01-24-2011, 01:25 PM
^^ no

there is no chance now please fuck off.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
01-24-2011, 10:47 PM
lol.

LiquidSwords32
01-24-2011, 11:14 PM
who knows. Supposely Dr Dre did a song with the entire Wu but is locked in his "fault" with tons of other shit we will probably never ever hear along with shit thats been shelved or samples that never cleared. This is like asking if the Fab 5 Album will ever get released (OGC + Heltah Skeltah)...... Probably not but never say never

Inspektah Meth-Tical
01-25-2011, 11:18 AM
There is also an unrelesed Nas song from Liquod Swords.

GhettoGnom
01-25-2011, 11:44 AM
I would hope it would be some of what we're gonna (might) hear on Lost Tapes 2..

Doubt it though.

LiquidSwords32
01-25-2011, 10:34 PM

yeah I just heard that myself last week, how that missed the final cut I'll never know.

claaa7
01-26-2011, 03:53 AM
i've seen that video interview with Pete and Preem before but i can't recall Pete saying he made anything with Nas that didn't make it. i've heard him on several occassions they only did one track and that is of course "The World is Yours".

as for Premier he and Nas recorded the original versions of "Represent" and "Memory Lane" but once he heard how dope the other guys stuffs were he had to go back and remix them with totally different beats. i think that's the only left overs from "Illmatic"

MaskedAvenger
01-26-2011, 04:00 AM
Pete only made the one track with Nas. Ive heard him say this in many interviews.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
01-26-2011, 10:05 AM
Pete only made the one track with Nas. Ive heard him say this in many interviews

i've seen that video interview with Pete and Preem before but i can't recall Pete saying he made anything with Nas that didn't make it. i've heard him on several occassions they only did one track and that is of course "The World is Yours".

as for Premier he and Nas recorded the original versions of "Represent" and "Memory Lane" but once he heard how dope the other guys stuffs were he had to go back and remix them with totally different beats. i think that's the only left overs from "Illmatic".

I swear i've seen that an interview somewhere. 1992-4 is two years and they recorded a lotta shit for Illmatic i heard, i just can't find where.

Jin10304
01-26-2011, 02:53 PM
/\ Nope, Pete has said he WANTED to record more tracks but certain situatuions prevented that & he only recorded 1 track.

http://www.vibe.com/photo-galleries/full-clip-pete-rock-runs-down-his-entire-catalogue-featuring-cl-smooth-run-dmc-publi/6

“When Nas’ Illmatic album was done it blew me away because everyone was silently competing with each other. I knew I was working alongside producers that I liked. I was competing against DJ Premier and Large Professor. But I couldn’t do it with just one song [laughs]. I was like, ‘Yo Nas, let me do some more songs!’ But at that time certain things didn’t work out properly. There were things said and things that were not done in a timely fashion and people got upset. So the bottom line is I only ended up doing one song."

IZA
01-26-2011, 03:25 PM

Where????????????

And you never know about unreleased things being released. When Nas dies they might rape his death and release all the tracks that were hidden away.

Jin10304
01-26-2011, 03:47 PM
/\ It hasnt been released, just recently mentioned as a LS-era RZA produced track that Cilvaringz has heard

IZA
01-26-2011, 04:16 PM
^^thanks man

I was searching, found nothing but found some interview with killah priest which includes something about Nas.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
01-27-2011, 02:50 AM
Word Jin, i think it might have been just Primo that said it. But i know he has a lot of unreleased songs with Primo.