PDA

View Full Version : New 2010 Top 10 Rap Album List!

wukillabee25
01-25-2011, 09:46 AM
Just stumbled across this new 2010 top 10 rap album list, and I have to say, this may be the best one that I have seen yet!

http://citizenmcgee.com/2011/01/24/35/

Finally a list without Drake! Haha. Enjoy!

Paranoid
01-25-2011, 10:28 AM
good list but fails without kill devil hills

MaskedAvenger
01-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Recovery? No Roc Marciano or Blacastan? Anyway, better than most lists.

Mr. R&B
01-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Finally a list without Drake! Haha.

Why would anyone put Drake's album in their top 10 list?

That shit was far from being one of the top joints of the year.

wukillabee25
01-25-2011, 10:45 AM
No clue Divine! He is on most lists I have seen though and was even towards the top of DJ Premier's list.

issues
01-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Top 10 of 2010..

without "How I Got Over"?..

= complete failure..

Frank Sobotka
01-25-2011, 10:53 AM
It has recovery, it fails

Mr. R&B
01-25-2011, 11:20 AM
No clue Divine! He is on most lists I have seen though and was even towards the top of DJ Premier's list.

Then those people were probably paid by drake's label to do so.

At least if we're talking about published reviewers who earn a salary, if it's the average idiot then that's different.

JakobR
01-25-2011, 12:02 PM
2010 was an amazing year. So many great albums!!

The Left's album was my favourite of 2010 too (or at least one of them). Some of the songs inspire me more than a lot of albums have ever managed to do.

Big Boi, B.o.b, Nas, Eminem, J. Cole (mixtape) and Krs-one had great/good albums out too.

wukillabee25
01-25-2011, 12:43 PM
2010 was definitely a step in the right direction!

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
01-25-2011, 12:49 PM
The Left was the only lp of 2010 i didn't listen too, heard they was dope though

ShaDynasty
01-25-2011, 12:54 PM
Drake had the second best album last year imo.

Sweet Tartz
01-25-2011, 01:12 PM
lol @ everyone commenting "No ?, it fails" lol everyone has different taste in music.

Frank Sobotka
01-25-2011, 01:35 PM
lol @ everyone commenting "No ?, it fails" lol everyone has different taste in music.

normally I'd agree but have you listened to recovery?

Frank Drebin
01-25-2011, 01:46 PM
god damn i wish i could enjoy 95% of the new hip hop that gets released. all those albums suck balls IMO

Socrates92
01-25-2011, 03:42 PM
No Heaven Razah? Come on

Sweet Tartz
01-25-2011, 03:59 PM
normally I'd agree but have you listened to recovery?
Yeah I've heard it, it's better than "Relapse" and it's not "THAT" bad as everyone is claiming. It has some good tracks on it. Lyrically Em is on point which is all that matters.

JakobR
01-25-2011, 05:00 PM
It's kindda sad when people spend so much time hating certain albums instead of loving the stuff they like. Each to his own and all that, nobody cares for your negative opinions. It's not like people start disliking an album because you do. You're wasting your time.

It's quite funny though that those so called hip hop heads, who are supposed to be the most knowledgable, usually are the most ignorant and close minded people you'll ever meet. There is a major difference between an album you don't like and an album that are shit. It is not necesarily the same.

We've just had an incredible year and all I see is "Drake is fucking garbage", "Eminem is pop now", "Jay-Z sucks dick" etc. Kids and computers....

Undiluted Karma
01-25-2011, 05:21 PM
It's kindda sad when people spend so much time hating certain albums instead of loving the stuff they like. Each to his own and all that, nobody cares for your negative opinions. It's not like people start disliking an album because you do. You're wasting your time.

It's quite funny though that those so called hip hop heads, who are supposed to be the most knowledgable, usually are the most ignorant and close minded people you'll ever meet. There is a major difference between an album you don't like and an album that are shit. It is not necesarily the same.

We've just had an incredible year and all I see is "Drake is fucking garbage", "Eminem is pop now", "Jay-Z sucks dick" etc. Kids and computers....

x2

Mr. R&B
01-25-2011, 06:36 PM
For the record, I'm not a Drake hater.

I copped Thank Me Later day one, but in retrospect it doesn't have much replay value for me as time passes.

The opening three song strech the best part of the whole album IMO, the rest was kinda all over the place.

I like CeCe's Interlude more than alot of the full tracks on the joint.

Sweet Tartz
01-25-2011, 07:02 PM

Exactly...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
01-25-2011, 07:29 PM
it's kindda sad when people spend so much time hating certain albums instead of loving the stuff they like. Each to his own and all that, nobody cares for your negative opinions. It's not like people start disliking an album because you do. You're wasting your time.

We've just had an incredible year and all i see is "drake is fucking garbage", "eminem is pop now", "jay-z sucks dick" etc. Kids and computers....

truth

wukillabee25
01-25-2011, 11:06 PM
I agree, Kill Devil Hills, Marcberg and Heaven Razah are all dope as fuck!

issues
01-26-2011, 04:10 AM
with no Roots..

this list makes me mad..

like a potato being peeled..

http://resources.toolwi.com/resource/preview:2/3670e4795632cd87403d49cb6620f601.gif

True Father Allah
01-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Here's a blog I wrote on my top 10 below, I'm sure yall will appreciate the section dedicated to the Wu and what they have done in hip hop

http://www.arizonabeats.com/forum/entry.php?34-Best-albums-in-2010-by-hip-hop-artists

Taskmaster2112
01-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Here's a blog I wrote on my top 10 below, I'm sure yall will appreciate the section dedicated to the Wu and what they have done in hip hop

http://www.arizonabeats.com/forum/entry.php?34-Best-albums-in-2010-by-hip-hop-artists

i read your section about Wu-Tang in 2010. did you even listen to all of the albums you listed? i'm asking because you listed Timbo King's "From Babylon to Timbuktu" album and Bronze Nazareth's "School for the Blindman" as dope Wu releases in 2010 despite the fact that neither came out last year and we still don't even have release dates for either. this is the quote from you:

"Anyways this year besides the new Ghost, let's see we had the Wu Massacre joint, Deck's Manifesto, Masta Killah's-Live and Wu-Tang: The Next Chamber albums, Killah Priest's 3 Day Theory, the Cuban Linx 2: Gold Edition, Harlem 6's The New Breed, Remedy's It All Comes Down To This, the Watchmen Wu-Tang Management Presents Watchmen, Hell Razah's Heaven Razah, Timbo King's From Babylon To Timbuktu, Black Knight's West Coast Killa Beez (The Stolen Legacy Vol. 1), 9th Prince's One Man Army, Ghostface Killah's Supreme Clientele (Special Edition) and Bronze Nazareth's School For The Blindman"

also, the "Supreme Clientele" special edition you mentioned was just a vinyl rerelease of the original album. it wasn't any kind of special edition.

triPAUD
01-26-2011, 11:51 PM

real talk, to be honest, hip hop is dope right now, but unlike before, all its subgenre's are steppin up. wu is bringin it, em is on his shit again, nas is doin it, underground cats are droppin bangers like vinnie and ill bill, street hop is live w/ slaughterhouse and saigon, all city chess club members are comin hard. even young money, especially wayne are trying to step up their bars up. It may not be ur cup, but you can't say they're shit. Even what's pop is lyrical now.

True Father Allah
01-28-2011, 01:39 AM
i read your section about Wu-Tang in 2010. did you even listen to all of the albums you listed? i'm asking because you listed Timbo King's "From Babylon to Timbuktu" album and Bronze Nazareth's "School for the Blindman" as dope Wu releases in 2010 despite the fact that neither came out last year and we still don't even have release dates for either. this is the quote from you:

"Anyways this year besides the new Ghost, let's see we had the Wu Massacre joint, Deck's Manifesto, Masta Killah's-Live and Wu-Tang: The Next Chamber albums, Killah Priest's 3 Day Theory, the Cuban Linx 2: Gold Edition, Harlem 6's The New Breed, Remedy's It All Comes Down To This, the Watchmen Wu-Tang Management Presents Watchmen, Hell Razah's Heaven Razah, Timbo King's From Babylon To Timbuktu, Black Knight's West Coast Killa Beez (The Stolen Legacy Vol. 1), 9th Prince's One Man Army, Ghostface Killah's Supreme Clientele (Special Edition) and Bronze Nazareth's School For The Blindman"

also, the "Supreme Clientele" special edition you mentioned was just a vinyl rerelease of the original album. it wasn't any kind of special edition.

I thought I mentioned not sure if all those came out this year, my bad