PDA

View Full Version : Wutang Producer Su-Preme Android Beat machine

GEE DARK
01-26-2011, 02:51 AM
Sunz of man producer Su-Preme has Created a New Android Application Called The Su-Preme MPA its a Android version of the MPC So if You have an Android Phone go to your market place and search for "SU-PREME MPA" Its a Hot Application and You can sample with it and Use samples and drum kits. So lets say you on the go and have a Beat in your Head you can make it where ever you at and record and save it as a wav file or just hook it up to your equipment when you home.

http://www.boombappz.com

vQ5Ge-7XbJ4

Screenshots:

http://i55.tinypic.com/14nh2yg.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/2dt63kp.jpg

Android users you can scan this pic to get it or go into your market place and search for Su-Preme MPA

http://i54.tinypic.com/3008wfs.jpg

Sinapse
01-26-2011, 09:56 AM
I hate phone apps like this...production is an art, not a lil game you play around with on your phone...Hip Hop production has always faced a perception that it isn't musical and shit like this doesn't help. Any little 13 yr old dweeb can snag this app and start saying they are doing the same thing as artists who have spent a decade or more collecting equip and records and honing skills.

Sinapse
01-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Good for SuPreme tho I hope he gets some good paper off that app

Professor Poopsnagle
01-26-2011, 10:07 AM
I hate phone apps like this...production is an art, not a lil game you play around with on your phone...Hip Hop production has always faced a perception that it isn't musical and shit like this doesn't help. Any little 13 yr old dweeb can snag this app and start saying they are doing the same thing as artists who have spent a decade or more collecting equip and records and honing skills.
So if you buy a real MPC instead of this phone app you're instantly a better artist? It isn't the gear that makes the music, the the man behind it. If you can make hot beats on a phone, it's still hot. You can even have both, for instance you have a dope sample and you want to flip it, you can put it on your phone and come up with some ideas when you're out of the house and then put it to practise on the MPC at home.

cutn' heads
01-26-2011, 10:13 AM
i saw ipads with piano and guitar apps also. i dont think anyone thinks any less of those instruments because of that....

Sinapse
01-26-2011, 11:00 AM
So if you buy a real MPC instead of this phone app you're instantly a better artist? It isn't the gear that makes the music, the the man behind it. If you can make hot beats on a phone, it's still hot. You can even have both, for instance you have a dope sample and you want to flip it, you can put it on your phone and come up with some ideas when you're out of the house and then put it to practise on the MPC at home.

Nah man you are totally missing my point...biggest problem with Hip Hop right now is oversaturation...big part of that is that anyone can access tools to make the music - regardless if they have the training and true desire to be an artist - there used to be barriers that kept the bullshitters out of music b/c you had to acquire equipment and records to be a producer, etc...I am not trying to say that someone is better b/c of what gear they may or not use. IT'S EITHER HOT OR IT ISN'T. that said tho there are too many fucking people making hip hop music that have zero business doing so and shit like this only fuels that fire...

THE MASON
01-26-2011, 11:13 AM
wish this came out for the iTouch, shit looks dope to me!

i get was Sin is saying that some people would think that are super producers from being able to use these types of apps to make a beat. but imo, for the younger generation this is a good way to put them on that path, if they so choose to follow it. they dont know about the MPC like we do, but they sure as hell know iTouch or Android and puttin this shit out, its like a tutorial and hopefully youngins go and pick up an MPC or whatever whatever

Sinapse
01-26-2011, 11:32 AM
wish this came out for the iTouch, shit looks dope to me!

i get was Sin is saying that some people would think that are super producers from being able to use these types of apps to make a beat. but imo, for the younger generation this is a good way to put them on that path, if they so choose to follow it. they dont know about the MPC like we do, but they sure as hell know iTouch or Android and puttin this shit out, its like a tutorial and hopefully youngins go and pick up an MPC or whatever whatever

kids don't need a damn phone to put them on the path, they need to get put on the path by people that came before them...phone app don't teach you nothing bout the culture and that's really whats slipping away with all this technology and access

Sinapse
01-26-2011, 11:36 AM
I know it seems like I'm hating on this particular app but I don't really care bout that...I see how it could be cool and a useful tool for doing beat sketches on the go - I was just hitting on some general principles and opinions about how technology like this is influencing music.

THE MASON
01-26-2011, 11:38 AM
new age, new directions

if one kid develops a love of the culture and goes out and starts diggin because of a phone app, why does it matter? in the end that one person went back to the roots of it. thats all that should matter.

i agree there is a lack of personal connection to music, and the culture of hip hop or any genre for that matter. but instead fighting against the "enemy" the first i learned from Gengis Khan was to use thine enemies weapons against them. so given the chance, imma let kids get familiar with MPC through a phone

Sinapse
01-26-2011, 11:47 AM
new age, new directions

if one kid develops a love of the culture and goes out and starts diggin because of a phone app, why does it matter? in the end that one person went back to the roots of it. thats all that should matter.

i agree there is a lack of personal connection to music, and the culture of hip hop or any genre for that matter. but instead fighting against the "enemy" the first i learned from Gengis Khan was to use thine enemies weapons against them. so given the chance, imma let kids get familiar with MPC through a phone

lol coming with the Genghis Khan reference. not sure I'm following your logic b/c I don't really perceive an enemy, and this isn't a war...or even a metaphor for a war...it's just the way it is, and my opinion is that shit like this is unnecessary and that kid who goes on to become a producer would be encouraged to do so because of the music they happened to come accross and loved - not b/c they downloaded a phone app and were suddenly exposed to the art of hip hop!

SKAMPOE
01-26-2011, 01:31 PM
i gotta go ahead and CO SIGN Sin's posts..this is str8 up real talk...its the same shit we wuz tryna stress on that other thread where dude is attention whoring his FLOW lol

imo this is just another trick to water down n make this culture less of a thing of ours...

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-26-2011, 02:17 PM

u dnt know what the fuck youre talking about bwoy

hip hop is completely and utterly historiclly always been BASED around making the music on whatever the fuck would make the sound, toy casios, nes's, whatever

give kanye this app - I bet he'd make a banga so stop whining about what narrow lane youre mistakenly thinking hip hop is/was settled in

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-26-2011, 02:25 PM
and also - lighten the hell up dweeb

god damn

its just a fun app

SKAMPOE
01-26-2011, 02:53 PM
and thats a euros perspective...same niggaz who sharked our sound....

pRoTeChTyAnEcK
01-26-2011, 03:22 PM
It looks like an interesting novelty, but I'd probably bust up my phone in a week.

Still...would prefer this for on-the-go type situations:
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j243/theyard2006/IMAG0004.jpg

Sinapse
01-26-2011, 04:02 PM

hip hop is completely and utterly historiclly always been BASED around making the music on whatever the fuck would make the sound, toy casios, nes's, whatever

give kanye this app - I bet he'd make a banga so stop whining about what narrow lane youre mistakenly thinking hip hop is/was settled in

first of all faggot this is an internet forum and people are just having a discussion, you are the one that needs to chill. nobody was taking anything serious or personal until you came up in here...but that's the mentality that a forum troll brings to the table...everything is an argument.

if you read thru the whole thread you'd see that I acknowledged something like this is useful and also that it doesn't matter what you use as long as your music is hot.

LORD ZERO
01-26-2011, 04:59 PM
kids don't need a damn phone to put them on the path, they need to get put on the path by people that came before them...phone app don't teach you nothing bout the culture and that's really whats slipping away with all this technology and access

^^^^^that

SKAMPOE
01-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Uc8_Rht6KEA

GEE DARK
01-26-2011, 05:19 PM
@bronze I'll ask supreme if he gonna make one for the iphone and let you know. @sinipse its cool its your opinion about the app in my own opinion I feel its a pretty cool app and it doesn't do anything to hiphop reguardless you would still have wack producers and artists. Most people think a producer just make beats when that's not even the case. Producers have to make beats train the artist and even help out with markesting at times. I remember making beats with my mouth the bebox while my best friend would brhyme than we take turns. I rememeber making beats with bullshit keyboards even recorded buckets with sticks just as long as I was able to use my creativity I was happy. The phone app will on.ly allow hiphop to live more with the boombap and once anyone sees their potiential in making music they will get better equiptment we all started somewhere sometimes people tend to forget they was young once and actually started with bullshit gear and performing in bullshit places but that's my opinion.

Peace my brothers

Professor Poopsnagle
01-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Nah man you are totally missing my point...biggest problem with Hip Hop right now is oversaturation...big part of that is that anyone can access tools to make the music - regardless if they have the training and true desire to be an artist - there used to be barriers that kept the bullshitters out of music b/c you had to acquire equipment and records to be a producer, etc...I am not trying to say that someone is better b/c of what gear they may or not use. IT'S EITHER HOT OR IT ISN'T. that said tho there are too many fucking people making hip hop music that have zero business doing so and shit like this only fuels that fire...Anyone who can buy an Android phone can afford a turntable and an MPC. This app can be a training tool and interest people into serious production. Just as software like FL Studio pulled people into making their own music without having to buy instruments etc. Look at the popular producers nowadays, they all use software now.

I see what you mean that there will be more wack shit made, but everyone got to start somewhere and maybe some day they will become major producers. The more people trying, the more people who will create something dope, that door swings both ways. What I don't see how this bothers you so much, no one is forcing you to listen to their crap. And the main people responsible for the shit your hear on the radio/tv are record company suits.

Hip Hop never was exclusive plus this app can be used for all other types of music too.

give kanye this app - I bet he'd make a banga so stop whining about what narrow lane youre mistakenly thinking hip hop is/was settled inTruth.

SKAMPOE
01-26-2011, 05:48 PM
thats all cool but ya missing the bigger picture here....

Sinapse
01-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Anyone who can buy an Android phone can afford a turntable and an MPC. This app can be a training tool and interest people into serious production. Just as software like FL Studio pulled people into making their own music without having to buy instruments etc. Look at the popular producers nowadays, they all use software now.

I see what you mean that there will be more wack shit made, but everyone got to start somewhere and maybe some day they will become major producers. The more people trying, the more people who will create something dope, that door swings both ways. What I don't see how this bothers you so much, no one is forcing you to listen to their crap. And the main people responsible for the shit your hear on the radio/tv are record company suits.

Hip Hop never was exclusive plus this app can be used for all other types of music too.

Truth.

Nothing is bothering me at all...people can make as much wack shit as they want and I can't do anything about it...all I'm concerned about is what I can control. I listen to the music I want to listen to and ignore everything else. But you are missing the bigger picture here...I was debating from a devil's advocate point that all this technology isn't necessarily good for the art. If you are too obtuse to understand that it's a multi-layered situation then that is your problem.

Professor Poopsnagle
01-26-2011, 06:12 PM
thats all cool but ya missing the bigger picture here....Which is?

Nothing is bothering me at all...people can make as much wack shit as they want and I can't do anything about it...all I'm concerned about is what I can control. I listen to the music I want to listen to and ignore everything else. But you are missing the bigger picture here...I was debating from a devil's advocate point that all this technology isn't necessarily good for the art. If you are too obtuse to understand that it's a multi-layered situation then that is your problem.Something IS bothering, you said you hate this program.

It might not necessarily good for the art, just as it's not necessarily bad.

If you're not capable to explain this bigger picture I seem to be missing, you might not even completely understand it yourself.

Sinapse
01-26-2011, 06:20 PM
I didn't mean I hate the app like the way that Palestinians hate Israel...I meant it rhetorically. That is the big problem with having discussions like this on the net, you lose all the subtly that you have in a room with people bouncing ideas around.

As far as explaining myself...I don't know what else to say man, I did explain myself in detail. But in a sentence...I think technology like this contributes to over-saturation of the artform and also sorta demeans what is actually a very involved skill/talent into something that you can screw around with on your phone...but that is more or less a philosophical statement, I'm not saying that anyone who uses this app is gay or that you need an MPC to be a real producer. That was ya'll putting words in my mouth.

That being said I'm bout to get stoned and make some beats on the mp like the dinosaur that I am.

SKAMPOE
01-26-2011, 06:36 PM
lmao CHEAA!! at sin

Professor Poopsnagle
01-26-2011, 06:39 PM
I didn't mean I hate the app like the way that Palestinians hate Israel...I meant it rhetorically. That is the big problem with having discussions like this on the net, you lose all the subtly that you have in a room with people bouncing ideas around.

As far as explaining myself...I don't know what else to say man, I did explain myself in detail. But in a sentence...I think technology like this contributes to over-saturation of the artform and also sorta demeans what is actually a very involved skill/talent into something that you can screw around with on your phone...but that is more or less a philosophical statement, I'm not saying that anyone who uses this app is gay or that you need an MPC to be a real producer. That was ya'll putting words in my mouth.

That being said I'm bout to get stoned and make some beats on the mp like the dinosaur that I am.
Sorry for confusing hate with hate, I never have that problem when conversing with anyone else on the internet.

Using this app isn't easier than making beats in FL Studio, it doesn't require less skill to make something fresh on a phone. I really don't see how it demeans Hip Hop. It's just a pocket MPC. You're comparing an MPC to an MPC. The only difference is this one is portable.

In the end, it's all about the listeners and they don't give a fuck if you used an MPC, FL or fucking pots and pans.

We'll I'm be banging out some stuff on my MPD in FL like the Caveman I am.

Boss_Digger
01-26-2011, 06:42 PM
I dont think these types of apps are a good thing either for any form of music. Its just another step forward to paint it by numbers music which negates any form of skill or passion. For example My son has a dj app on his touch, you just wiggle your finger round and you get a perfect scratch, do that shit on real wax and it will sound like shit. Anyway i could plug that into a pc sample it slap it on a four bar loop of the first "soul sample" I can find on youtube and boom you got a beat!!!! The trouble there is firstly if you have every kid doing that soon enough every damn beat will sound the same and there will never be any eveloution in the art of it. There is no comparrioson to years of gaining skill and putting your heart and soul into it IMO, music without heart and soul is just mathematics after all. That being said Im sure its cool and a lot of fun just for fucking around on to pass a boring moment whilst out and about but I would personally never take it seriously myself!! Much like playing games on a phone, its cool but they aint touching the xbox or ps3.

SKAMPOE
01-26-2011, 06:42 PM
well im setting up to record mix n master this track on my fone like the rest of these uncultured fucks do

12weLvE
01-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Lol... I have an iPad producer app and all I can say is that its fun. Would I make an entire project using it? Lol never. But its fun... you can make a beat in 2 minutes... may sound cool, but quality will never be great. I ll post a box I made one of these days.

Peace

SKAMPOE
01-26-2011, 06:55 PM
matatan

Professor Poopsnagle
01-26-2011, 07:01 PM
Rief2i5NnW8

Sinapse
01-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Sorry for confusing hate with hate, I never have that problem when conversing with anyone else on the internet.

Using this app isn't easier than making beats in FL Studio, it doesn't require less skill to make something fresh on a phone. I really don't see how it demeans Hip Hop. It's just a pocket MPC. You're comparing an MPC to an MPC. The only difference is this one is portable.

In the end, it's all about the listeners and they don't give a fuck if you used an MPC, FL or fucking pots and pans.

We'll I'm be banging out some stuff on my MPD in FL like the Caveman I am.

If you can't see how making a beat in 2 mins on your phone as opposed to spending hours digging thru records and refining your techinique dilutes the art then I guess we will never see eye to eye on this. And apps like this def make it a lot easier, if you don't see that you must be too young to realize any different.

For the record tho I def said about 10 times the only thing that matters is the end result.

I dont think these types of apps are a good thing either for any form of music. Its just another step forward to paint it by numbers music which negates any form of skill or passion. For example My son has a dj app on his touch, you just wiggle your finger round and you get a perfect scratch, do that shit on real wax and it will sound like shit. Anyway i could plug that into a pc sample it slap it on a four bar loop of the first "soul sample" I can find on youtube and boom you got a beat!!!! The trouble there is firstly if you have every kid doing that soon enough every damn beat will sound the same and there will never be any eveloution in the art of it. There is no comparrioson to years of gaining skill and putting your heart and soul into it IMO, music without heart and soul is just mathematics after all. That being said Im sure its cool and a lot of fun just for fucking around on to pass a boring moment whilst out and about but I would personally never take it seriously myself!! Much like playing games on a phone, its cool but they aint touching the xbox or ps3.

Word I agree 100% I just didn't state my case as politically as you. I think that is where all the outrage came from.

Lol... I have an iPad producer app and all I can say is that its fun. Would I make an entire project using it? Lol never. But its fun... you can make a beat in 2 minutes... may sound cool, but quality will never be great. I ll post a box I made one of these days.

Peace

Word up man...but you and I had several conversations about how the 10 minute cookie cutter beats are weak. I think you once said that if you aren't spending hours on a beat and really refining every aspect of it you prob aren't doing it justice.

ELEF_DIGITAL
01-27-2011, 01:36 AM

i aggree with thiz

Professor Poopsnagle
01-27-2011, 07:37 AM
If you can't see how making a beat in 2 mins on your phone as opposed to spending hours digging thru records and refining your techinique dilutes the art then I guess we will never see eye to eye on this. And apps like this def make it a lot easier, if you don't see that you must be too young to realize any different.This app doesn't replace digging. It's not like it finds ill loops automatically. To flip something, you still got to find something. For the rest it works sort of like an MPC.

You seem bitter or something. It's like you feel this technology is threatening you.

THE MASON
01-27-2011, 10:49 AM
funny how a thread about an app can reach page three, but most albums posted here struggle to get this far, and half those are the threadstarter bumpin the album thread lol.

maybe some people are placing there concerns in the wrong directions?

Undiluted Karma
01-27-2011, 11:28 AM
So what if some people with these apps then think they can call themselves proper producers, if they wanna explore beatmaking more then they will do their research and find out about the nuances of true beatmaking.

These apps are intended for fun.

My take.

SKAMPOE
01-27-2011, 04:26 PM
my thing is

apply this statement as if it was beatmaking/producer:

Duane White was born on 1991 November the 27th in Melbourne, Australia. He spent 7 years of his life growing up there, then moved to Holland, to the city Almere where he now resides. He is half Japanese and half Australian. He went to International Schools until the age of 17, but learned how to speak Dutch quickly.
Growing up, he always liked artists such as Limp Bizkit, and the Offspring, which quickly progressed to a taste of old school Hip Hop music such as the Wutang-Clan and NWA. At age 13 he joined a Wutang hip hop forum, where internet nerds write verses and battle each other. He developed a fascination to these "text-cees" and started writing verses at home himself. He continued doing this for 3 years until he developed a strong skill at the art of rhyme.

would u respect him?

THE MASON
01-27-2011, 04:37 PM
^laugh, turn around and keep doin me

just like if some said heres a beat from my ipad. but if that person downloads the app, goes out and cops the real thing(cause lets be serious, its not the same), fuck am i to complain about that?

all things said, its a cool app and i will get it if they make an itouch version. anyone downloading it and expecting to become super producer #1 should give there head a shake. if it acts as an INTRODUCTION to making beats on an MPC then fuck, by all means bang out.

its not the end of hip hop and yall should direct this energy into your own work or help buildin with the artists in here. again, this thread received more attention then, for example, 7th's beat tape............ why? i have no idea

THE MASON
01-27-2011, 04:46 PM
and as another side note, i have the RZA drum app on my itouch and the number of kids i have shown, and then explained how it really is, i cant even count anymore.

then they come back and have youtube or gotten access to entire discographies of RZA shows me its all how you present the medium.

SKAMPOE
01-27-2011, 04:47 PM
this is a great build imo

tbh if that shit came for my fone i't get it too...

and i done build with every one on the music tip, regardless of race creed age or w.e w.e

and if niggaz dont get views or replys on their threads is cuz cats put they shit up n sleep on the rest...me, i bless every ones thread with my most honest feed even if its just a quick DOPE SHIT FAM''
not to mention i got out ma fuckin way to promote niggaz shit out side of here regardles if im on it or not

meanwhile same cats i promote dont even peek in ma threads till like weeks later...
never complained b4...just sayin

i make or break niggaz careers on here...just peep the stats homie!!!

THE MASON
01-27-2011, 04:57 PM
fair enough

i feel the same about my music, when i take the time to write up my reviews and get nothing back like it. shit dont bother me, just take it to the booth and rhyme it out if i got too.

its all peace tho, cause i get at people in other forms then through here about my music. but i do mod the place and would like to see some more discussions on peoples music

Professor Poopsnagle
01-27-2011, 05:19 PM
I think I give a fair amount of replies to stuff posted here. But sometimes I just don't feel like typing something eventhough I listened to it. Mostly because I didn't feel it.

I gotta thank people for replying to my threads, haven't had one without replies yet. I guess I'm doing something right.

SKAMPOE
01-27-2011, 05:25 PM
I think I give a fair amount of replies to stuff posted here. But sometimes I just don't feel like typing something eventhough I listened to it. Mostly because I didn't feel it.

I gotta thank people for replying to my threads, haven't had one without replies yet. I guess I'm doing something right.
perfect example of my REALNESS

i hate this homo ass crackah
but never have i denied his fuckin talent...
SOLER POWERED LP out now go get it!!!!

Undiluted Karma
01-27-2011, 07:39 PM
You guys just keep doing what you do, people don't reply to music posts tht much because they dont have the time to feedback or w/e.

When I post feedback im gonn go more in depth than just whether i like it or not, because i know some of the artists in the AB want more detailed feedback.

Caper
01-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Trust me I know the feeling I put up tracks and there's times there are views but no replies I don't sweat but constructive criticisim is good and its good to see someone enjoying your music as much as you did making it