PDA

View Full Version : Prodigy in his prime vs Joe Budden

nyminute
02-01-2011, 12:38 AM
If they had beef Prodigy in (Infamous to HNIC) and Joe Budden had beef than who'd come out on top? My friend thinks Joe Budden, but he's a complete faggot so whatever. And who was the better rapper this is Prodigy in his prime btw, or Joe Budden whenever he's at his best.

standout
02-01-2011, 01:25 AM
They did have beef, and joe budden ripped him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZfQWjhJRqw

starts at 2:20

claaa7
02-01-2011, 01:25 AM
hahaha anyone who knows anything about hip-hop knows that Prodigy in his prime is everything Joe Buddens is not.. and i ain't even hating on Buddens because of that silly Wu beef and he's decent at what he does (despite being a cry baby) but P is a legend.

Jammin
02-01-2011, 01:43 AM
prodigy on hell on earth >>>> joe budden

claaa7
02-01-2011, 02:21 AM
^ yes. Prodigy on "The Infamous" >> Joe Buden.. Prodigy on "Murda Muzik" >> Joe Budden, Prodigy on "HNIC" >> Joe Budden, and that's from a lyrical perspective. i'd rather listen to "HNIC II" and "Infamy" and those albums rather than a Joe Budden LP.

nyminute
02-01-2011, 11:06 AM
They did have beef, and joe budden ripped him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZfQWjhJRqw

starts at 2:20

Which is why I said at their primes...
Prodigy was a former shell of himself at that time. Either way prodigy was never a lyrical powerhouse, well not on say Nas' level but he had the best voice and great delivery,flow to make up for it. Whoever says Joe budden is a better overall rapper than P at his prime is a complete faggot though.

Mic Tyson
02-01-2011, 11:08 AM
prodigy now is better than wack ass buddens

Jammin
02-01-2011, 11:16 AM
prodigy was never a lyrical powerhouse

?????

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-01-2011, 11:33 AM
this thread must be a fucking joke, by an obvious secondary

joe budden stans must be the lowest common denominator off hip hop fans

what the fuck is joe budden?

this is Joe Buddden, Joe Budden is the guy who starts beefs due to his depressive bi polar nature, gets universally sonned, and never comes back from them

Even Lil B sonned him, HE NEVER CAME BACK.

VhTc5GAs2tg

Deck sonned him, HE NEVER CAAME BACK

0GULSipqPC0

Saigon sonnned him, guesss what HE NEVER CAME BACK.

-SstGS8MTLw

This clown is the complete definition of a pussy rapper

http://byroncrawford.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c558f53ef0120a52696c9970b-500pi

http://ronmexicocity.typepad.com/.a/6a00e55008808688330120a5bb880e970c-800wi

http://oi56.tinypic.com/29utugy.jpg

^^HAHAHAHAHAHah what a fucking dickhead ahahahhh

http://www.hiphoprx.com/content/uploads/2009/08/joe-budden-punched-on-web-cam-video-01.jpg

http://ronmexicocity.typepad.com/.a/6a00e55008808688330120a53742fb970c-800wi

jesus this is th emost failed rapper yet

Prodigy RIGHT NOW is still fucking in a league Budden would never understannd

Longbongcilvaringz
02-01-2011, 12:47 PM
who's joe budden again?

Longbongcilvaringz
02-01-2011, 12:49 PM
don't worry, just read lacey's response.

i remember him because of those videos of him crying, but i don't think i've ever heard a verse of his.

i don't really understand the question though, Prodigy would probably been a better rapper at his prime, but i can't remember him ever really releasing a diss track of any note.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-01-2011, 01:16 PM
d but i can't remember him ever really releasing a diss track of any note.

hmm u must have a short memory bateman

@Nas
cbaDNpjSJ1Q

@2pac
OYbeZi925nY

first day of spring
1xIOwRDeWQU

all classics

meanwhile

joey buddens has 12 hour live video chats with his stans to fall back on, while he perves on his own girlfriend

BGS
02-01-2011, 01:23 PM
i co-sign ghostlaced in this thread

SL33
02-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Prodigy >>>>> Joe's Budden entire life.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-01-2011, 01:28 PM
adding on to P's rap

@Jay Z (before takeover)
8mZTX-EHkP4

@2pac
hD8cLs01M1o

"we shoot faces, i dont shoot legs or chests,
or leave traces
nigga we will stop to pick up shell cases"

ddammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

@def squad/keith murray
fuGjYUpalyA

Frank Sobotka
02-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Budden stans make juggalos look like respectable individuals.

SKAMPOE
02-01-2011, 01:38 PM
prodigy wins hands down... he beefed with pac///cmon now...fuck joanna

prof zooruka
02-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Like someone posted previously "Is this a joke" ??????????

P = All rappers wish they was P.

edit: for the dude that said P was not a lyrical power house...have you ever listen to a P verse ????.

P on shook ones, hell on earth and start of your ending >>>>>>>>>>>> 95% of rappers careers.

peace

triPAUD
02-01-2011, 03:49 PM
prodigy in his prime, but not when they beefed

nyminute
02-01-2011, 03:57 PM
?????
What I mean is that yes he was a great lyricist (Nightime Vultures, Frontlines, Apostle's Warning, Still Shinin) etc., he wasn't on Nas', many member of the Wu's, Ras Kass', Jay z's, Pun's, etc etc. level, he was a dope rapper though and had the best voice in rap and his delivery is what really made him shine. I do think that he's a better rapper in his prime than Jay and Ras Kass' though, and would rather listen to him than Nas (post illmatic) and Pun.
this thread must be a fucking joke, by an obvious secondary

joe budden stans must be the lowest common denominator off hip hop fans

what the fuck is joe budden?

this is Joe Buddden, Joe Budden is the guy who starts beefs due to his depressive bi polar nature, gets universally sonned, and never comes back from them

Wow bro, you really hate Joe Budden lol.

Check this thread out and see how much Budden stans there are

http://slumz.boxden.com/f87/prodigy-his-prime-vs-joe-budden-1130367/

Even Lil B sonned him, HE NEVER CAME BACK.

Lil B's a beast though, but didn't he apologize for that diss though?

jesus this is th emost failed rapper yet

Don't forget the game sonned him as well.

YtJSaKthUvI

And I'm not even a Joe budden hater, but anyone who actually enjoys his music better than Infamous-HNIC is a complete loser faggot.

standout
02-01-2011, 04:50 PM
^you mean to tell me that game "Buddens" song was better then this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn-oXLZ0L7w

really?

go google the lyrics to that song, compare them bar to bar to "buddens"...and if you STILL truly feel that game got him, i will hang myself in the basement.

But il tell you what though...Given your stance, you DEFINITELY came to the right board to ask this question...for obvious reasons.

fortyglock
02-01-2011, 04:51 PM
To quote Prodigy :

'What the fuck is a mood musik? We make Murda Muzik nigga.'

standout
02-01-2011, 04:57 PM
To quote Prodigy :

'What the fuck is a mood musik? We make Murda Muzik nigga.'

To quote Joe Budden:

"Wanna blog, here's a reason - The fucks "Murda Music"
Anybody ever diss this nigga, is still breathin
Jay-Z, Saigon, Nas already peeled him
2Pac, he ain't alive but you ain't kill him
50 signs the bum only cause where he was from
Put his stamp on a nigga and still nobody feels him

Miliato
02-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Budden wouldnt have a chance if this happened when HNIC dropped

nyminute
02-01-2011, 05:07 PM
^you mean to tell me that game "Buddens" song was better then this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn-oXLZ0L7w

really?

go google the lyrics to that song, compare them bar to bar to "buddens"...and if you STILL truly feel that game got him, i will hang myself in the basement.

But il tell you what though...Given your stance, you DEFINITELY came to the right board to ask this question...for obvious reasons.

I haven't listen to that diss yet, so I guess I'll bite my tongue for that, but I will say that lyrics are not the end all be all for dissing. Hit em up was far from lyrically impressive, but it had vicious lines. Having dirt on who you're dissing and using it wisely is more important than spitting metaphors no one cares about.

To quote Joe Budden:

"Wanna blog, here's a reason - The fucks "Murda Music"

An album better than anything Joe budden will ever drop

Anybody ever diss this nigga, is still breathin
Jay-Z, Saigon, Nas already peeled him

Cause getting dissed by two legend is embarassing? Besides didn't he diss Jay z but get no response? lol

And Saigon schooled him to so...
2Pac, he ain't alive but you ain't kill him

What did 2 pac say other than dissing him for Sickle Cell?
50 signs the bum only cause where he was from

Prodigy is more accomplished than Budden or anyone in slaughter house will ever be in their lifetime

Tur7ybUCbi8

Go paint a house, hahahaha.

Btw this is just friendly banter, nothing personal.

[/QUOTE]

fortyglock
02-01-2011, 05:16 PM
^ LOL that vid always cracks me up everytime I watch it.

standout
02-01-2011, 05:18 PM
well no one is comparing catalogue here...everyone knows that mobb deep is a legendary group and has classics under their belt. but you also gotta understand they have about 10 additional years in the game on top of budden, or anyone in slaughterhouse. the comparison is irrelvant on that level.

And that saigon diss did not top this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCIbQku_F4w

TRONIX
02-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Any hip hop head knows when Prodigy was in his prime he was the no.1 mc in the game around the mid 90's

Even Jay-Z admits in an interview he was the best and one of the reasons Jay went after that spot

Joe will never be on the same level as Prodigy

Inspektah Meth-Tical
02-02-2011, 03:37 AM
Prodigy cuz when Puffy, Jay-Z, Nas were all scared of Pac. Mobb Deep was the only cats in the East that stood up to Pac.

MaskedAvenger
02-02-2011, 04:52 AM
lol @ this thread.

over

angry!
02-02-2011, 06:40 AM
hnic 2 >>>> anything in buddens catalog

LOL @ buddens BEST shit being poorly mastered mixtape shit relying on hot topic punchlines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

prodigy has classic verses on classic albums....

buddens doesnt have one classic verse/quote/song in his entire catalog!!!!!!!!!!!!

SmwVx3cEXGY

LOL @ doing songs+videos with marques houston... AT ANY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAAHABABABAHAHAHAHAHA master p laughing at that... from the nickolodeon stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rwl9yFLsbJU

AHHAHAABBAABAAHHAHAHA LOL @ joe budden goin for the CLUB RECORD SMASH through AMALGAM DIGITAL/internet label!!!!!!!!!!

in fact....

saigon album... ALL IN A DAYS WORK... recorded in 24 hours...

is LIGHT YEARS better, than anything with buddens name on it...

fuckin disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theres 4500 buddens fans in the whole world, and they all bang out on the net!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

standout
02-02-2011, 05:15 PM
when it comes to legacy...mobb deep is etched in stone..

when it comes to rapping, anyone in slaughterhouse can rap 30,000 circles around prodigy...

prodigy aint even versatile.

so you need to ask yourself the question of what are you even comparing...

for example, Too $hort is a legend with classics under his belt.

but can too short rap?

No.

standout
02-02-2011, 05:20 PM
hnic 2 >>>> anything in buddens catalog

LOL @ buddens BEST shit being poorly mastered mixtape shit relying on hot topic punchlines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

prodigy has classic verses on classic albums....

buddens doesnt have one classic verse/quote/song in his entire catalog!!!!!!!!!!!!

SmwVx3cEXGY

LOL @ doing songs+videos with marques houston... AT ANY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAAHABABABAHAHAHAHAHA master p laughing at that... from the nickolodeon stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rwl9yFLsbJU

AHHAHAABBAABAAHHAHAHA LOL @ joe budden goin for the CLUB RECORD SMASH through AMALGAM DIGITAL/internet label!!!!!!!!!!

in fact....

saigon album... ALL IN A DAYS WORK... recorded in 24 hours...

is LIGHT YEARS better, than anything with buddens name on it...

fuckin disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theres 4500 buddens fans in the whole world, and they all bang out on the net!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats cute, your uploading Club songs to reflect budden's skill.

Thats like uploading Nas feat. Ginuwine - U Owe Me....or Oochie Wally and saying "hahah look at this wack fuck Nas rapping about shorty owe him ice and pussy...what a wack faggot"

Why didnt you upload 3 Sides to A Story?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBjAEpwbIac

Or maybe In My Sleep?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSWo-tk2Z6Q&feature=related

Of course...common sense answer, why do i even ask...

nyminute
02-02-2011, 05:34 PM
when it comes to legacy...mobb deep is etched in stone..

when it comes to rapping, anyone in slaughterhouse can rap 30,000 circles around prodigy...

That's cool but can they actually makes songs or albums without sounding like a psuedo Big L? You know ones with substance?

prodigy aint even versatile.
Define Versatile

so you need to ask yourself the question of what are you even comparing...

When I made this thread what I meant was if Prodigy at his prime had beef with Joe Budden (when ever his prime is or if he ever hit it in the first place) who would come out on top.

And who's the overall better rapper

for example, Too $hort is a legend with classics under his belt.

but can too short rap?

So you're telling me Frontlines 3rd verse isn't lyrical (in this arbitary system you base off punchlines), Nightime Vultures, Apostle's Warning, Killaz Theme II, Know Da Game.

Here's some off his more impressive braggadacio tracks where he shows off skills.

3CAzg_5Zb_E

cGjW59TBHkw

M1ZjuoT3x5k

But I digress, I get what you're saying P isn't a lyrical monster like Nas like I said earlier, he's really more reknowned for his amazing voice and delivery. (Cradle to the grave, Live Nigga Rap, Up North Trip etc.)

No.[/QUOTE]

theDZA
02-02-2011, 06:27 PM
i can't believe this is even a question tbh

prodigy is one of the best MCs of all time....... budden is decent

standout
02-02-2011, 09:15 PM
That's cool but can they actually makes songs or albums without sounding like a psuedo Big L? You know ones with substance?

Yes, they can...but i refuse to sit here and post their discography.

Define Versatile
Able to write songs, and good songs, on any topic possible...
Able to do any type of song - street songs, story telling, club songs, girl songs, concept songs, punchlines...etc...etc..etc
Able to have different flow/style...

This is why prodigy is not versatile at all. All his music is "murda muzik" outside of maybe..egh, 10-15 songs. Same flow, same style, same everything...over, and over again...

When I made this thread what I meant was if Prodigy at his prime had beef with Joe Budden (when ever his prime is or if he ever hit it in the first place) who would come out on top.
Joe has gotten better...so if hes at his prime now, or will be later, is unknown.

Prodigy's prime was 14 years ago.

Lyrically speaking - and let me emphasis that..LYRICALLY speaking..bar for bar...concept for concept...joe budden today, is 20 times the rapper prodigy ever was. People on THIS board - a board that is stuck in the 90's golden era, will never admit that. This is for a number of reasons 1. they arent familiar with joey's music...2. they dont want to admit it because the whole rae/joe thing....3. they just have an overall bias towards the rugged east new york sound of the 90s..

plus, if ur reffering to a battle between the two...when did prodigy ever make a good diss? hel write a song that will have 30 murder/gun/kill you flips and a few corny elementary bars...joe can actually write punchlines. Go listen to Ransome Note for further proof.

And who's the overall better rapper

Prodigy is the overall more influencial rapper....member of a legendary group...and has a visious catelogue....
RAPPER though? budden...like i said...too short is also a legend, but he aint a rapper. thats not to say that prodigy aint a rapper, but its too say that prodigy aint versatile enough to be considered one of the greats, regardless of what people here will say.

But I digress, I get what you're saying P isn't a lyrical monster like Nas like I said earlier, he's really more reknowned for his amazing voice and delivery. (Cradle to the grave, Live Nigga Rap, Up North Trip etc.)

and as he should be...thats what his legacy will be. a distinct voice and laid back delivery.

RAW-TASTE
02-02-2011, 09:42 PM
fuck out of here this shits fucking gay even for trolling

but for the record....prodigy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

nyminute
02-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Able to do any type of song - street songs, story telling, club songs, girl songs, concept songs, punchlines...etc...etc..etc

Storytelling

PFVseEeuHKM

KdF8wEfP6MQ

uz1xG6C5SEM

WQJP0NsR5sk
Club

rDdPcYaFH3k

Quiet Storm the remix (though the original is ten times better)

Not really punchline but if you mean "lyrical" tracks than Frontlines, Apostle's Warning, Nighttime Vultures, Still Shinin, The Realest.

In fact give me Joe Budden lines that match his first few lines on his 2nd verse on Frontlines.

(Heavy metal king is a double entendre, metal is a slang for guns, and heavy metal basiclly means a huge guns)

You seein clips when the mac spit your top got split

(seein clipse, should be see eclipse, so notice the double sound of it.)

Layin dead with open eyes close his eyelids

Turn off his lights switch to darkness, cause deep in the abyss

(Turn off his lights, metaphor for you know killing him)

Is street life, blood on my kicks, shit on my knife

Youse the wild child, kid cold turnin men into mice

(Obviously turning men into pussies, notice the internal rhymes and alliteration)

Notice the constant theme of darkness; eclipse, abyss, turn off his lights.

This is why prodigy is not versatile at all. All his music is "murda muzik" outside of maybe..egh, 10-15 songs. Same flow, same style, same everything...over, and over again...

That's what he specializes in but no not at all, and same flow? He doesn't flow at all the sam in The Infamous, and Hell on Earth. Getting mad at Prodigy for constantly rapping about street related topics (from Infamous to HNIC) is like getting mad at I.T. for constantly rapping about politics. And if you want some deep tracks try You can never feel my pain and Trials of life, I mean do you want him to have 30 songs moping about sickle cell?

Joe has gotten better...so if hes at his prime now, or will be later, is unknown.

Prodigy's prime was 14 years ago.

I know

Lyrically speaking - and let me emphasis that..LYRICALLY speaking..bar for bar...concept for concept...joe budden today, is 20 times the rapper prodigy ever was. People on THIS board - a board that is stuck in the 90's golden era, will never admit that. This is for a number of reasons 1. they arent familiar with joey's music...2. they dont want to admit it because the whole rae/joe thing....3. they just have an overall bias towards the rugged east new york sound of the 90s..

So you're appealing to motive and poisoning the well?

And are you saying the 90s doesn't have great lyrics? illmatic is more lyrical than anything Joe Budden ever produced.

And note lyricisim is one aspect of being a good rapper, Prodigy SHITS on Joe Budden delivery wise and voice wise. He's the most sampled rapper out there for a reason. Prodigy isn't a joke lyrically, yes he's not a Canibus but he shouldn't be mistaken for some Gucci Mane rapper.

plus, if ur reffering to a battle between the two...when did prodigy ever make a good diss? hel write a song that will have 30 murder/gun/kill you flips and a few corny elementary bars...joe can actually write punchlines. Go listen to Ransome Note for further proof.

Getting dirt on who you're dissing and using it against them>corny metaphors no one cares about. But I'll go give it a listen since I don't want to come across as a close minded Prodigy stan.

Prodigy is the overall more influencial rapper....member of a legendary group...and has a visious catelogue....
RAPPER though? budden...like i said...too short is also a legend, but he aint a rapper. thats not to say that prodigy aint a rapper, but its too say that prodigy aint versatile enough to be considered one of the greats, regardless of what people here will say.

Do you think Joe Budden is more lyrical than Pac?

and as he should be...thats what his legacy will be. a distinct voice and laid back delivery.

That also makes a great rapper? Lemme ask you is Canibus or Dzk a better rapper than Snoop Dogg in Doggystyle?

standout
02-02-2011, 11:59 PM
lol, but all those story telling songs are about murder and hood shit...same fucking shit man.

you dont hear one crazy concept thats just about whatever...

Like Royce da 59 - Part of Me, or a Supastition - A baby story, or a Immortal Technique - You Never Know...

like i said...everything he does is "murda music"...which is lame, and not versatile.

Second...Its Mine is a club song? Sounds like a street record to me....But let me give you the benefit of the doubt for a second..Even IF "Its Mine" is a club song, read my previous post again, i said "Able to write songs, and good songs, on any topic possible"...

I dont know what kind of clubs you go to...but if Its Mine is a good "club" song and it gets shit going - Then by all means......KEEP ME THE FUCK AWAY FROM THOSE CLUBS...lol

Not really punchline but if you mean "lyrical" tracks than Frontlines, Apostle's Warning, Nighttime Vultures, Still Shinin, The Realest.
what makes u think that lyrical songs go hand in hand with punchline songs?...thats not what i meant...anything can be lyrical. a girl song can be lyrical...thats in the words.
a punchline song is a punchline song...simple and plain.

In fact give me Joe Budden lines that match his first few lines on his 2nd verse on Frontlines.

(Heavy metal king is a double entendre, metal is a slang for guns, and heavy metal basiclly means a huge guns)
If you consider a metal/gun wordplay flip a good example of metaphors then maybe i should just stop talking to you right now.

Let me guess...next youl tell me that "the sun/son shines bright" is dope as fuck because the sun shines, and hes reffering to himself as son, right?

im not even gonna bother....

You seein clips when the mac spit your top got split

(seein clipse, should be see eclipse, so notice the double sound of it.)

Layin dead with open eyes close his eyelids

Turn off his lights switch to darkness, cause deep in the abyss

(Turn off his lights, metaphor for you know killing him)

Is street life, blood on my kicks, shit on my knife

Youse the wild child, kid cold turnin men into mice

(Obviously turning men into pussies, notice the internal rhymes and alliteration)

Notice the constant theme of darkness; eclipse, abyss, turn off his lights.

like i said...im not even gonna bother? what is this? all pure "il kill you shit" with lame and elementary metaphors. like i said .... hes NOT versatile.

That's what he specializes in but no not at all, and same flow? He doesn't flow at all the sam in The Infamous, and Hell on Earth. Getting mad at Prodigy for constantly rapping about street related topics (from Infamous to HNIC) is like getting mad at I.T. for constantly rapping about politics.

Yes, it is exactly the same...thats the point. and thats what tech gets critized for, ACCORDINGLY.

And are you saying the 90s doesn't have great lyrics?

if you find where i said that....then heres my word: I will hang myself in the basement.

Prodigy isn't a joke lyrically, yes he's not a Canibus but he shouldn't be mistaken for some Gucci Mane rapper.
never said hes that low, and no hes not a joke lyrically, but today hes no where near the best like he was 15 years ago.

Do you think Joe Budden is more lyrical than Pac?
your setting me up here. but il answer your question....Pac is the most influencial rapper ever, and one of the only rappers that is able to put real emotion into a song...pac is probably the biggest hiphop legend ever, and hands down has the greatest legacy that will most likely never be touched.

Was pac ever the greatest lyricist? NO....not even in his time. From the Nas' to the Jay-z's to the Wu-tangs...a whole lot of people rapped better then pac. do i feel joe budden has better LYRICS then pac? sure...shoot me. do i feel hes anywhere near pacs radar? hell fucking no....and please dont take my words out of context.

That also makes a great rapper? Lemme ask you is Canibus or Dzk a better rapper than Snoop Dogg in Doggystyle?

id say both are, lyrically, but neither has an album no where near as inflencial as doggystyle. i mean ud be a fool to say that snoops lyrics on any album are on par with canibus' lets say...rip the jacker. or anyone really..

As for DZK...dz is dope, i just really dont understand why his name is even mentioned. hes an internet rapper.

RAW-TASTE
02-03-2011, 06:39 AM
lol, but all those story telling songs are about murder and hood shit...same fucking shit man.

nigga ima tell u once real simple and fast all the shit u missin on. i didnt bother readin most of your shit but these 2 comments caught on to me.

first of all, all those songs about murder and hood...so what? thats prodigy, thats p, thats his subject matter. thats like sayin ice cubes not as good an rapper because all his songs are about gangsta rap or biggies subpar because all his songs about money hoes and materialistic shit.

most rappers mainly focus on one subject matter though they branch out to other parts a little, u got the gangster rapper, the mafioso rapper, the conscious rapper. but isn't jayz saying more than just mafioso? isn't he talking about life too? every rappers like that, not just budden. cause if you're talkin bout versatile in your terms, jayz a versatile rapper too, so is nas, so is a hundred other rappers. get it out of your head. prodigy is one of the best at what he does, and hes considered legend status in that term. period. this aint nothing to do with comparing him to another rapper.

id say both are, lyrically, but neither has an album no where near as inflencial as doggystyle. i mean ud be a fool to say that snoops lyrics on any album are on par with canibus' lets say...rip the jacker. or anyone really..

As for DZK...dz is dope, i just really dont understand why his name is even mentioned. hes an internet rapper.

2nd, thats the thing i fucking hate about faggot wannabe rap heads. they cry about lyricism to show that another rapper is more "elite" or better than another. lyricism is part of what makes a rapper, but a rapper uses that to create his own style. no ones gonna be here in the end of the day sayin jayz is a better lyricist than canibus, cause hes not. but jayz is probably a better rapper to most because of the way he raps, his overall delivery and flow and quite simply put, "style" for a lack of a better word. o and beats have a lot to do it wit it too.

thats one thing why jay can be put into the same category as a lyrical heavy weight like nas. because although nas is more lyrical, jay's voice, emotion, emphasis, overall delivery, watever the fuck u wanna call it, on his songs is something he has down, something that nas never could never fully nail. because can you fucking imagine snoop dog rapping nas or pun lyrics on doggystyle? nah cuz snoop had his own style and ran with it. anyone can be a good lyricist" these days but most of em cant be good rappers. i see kids on other forums and even on this forum, temple of darts shit. some of those internet written lyrics will be more lyrical than snoop dog will ever be but it wont mean shit cuz they cant pull it off wen it goes on wax. snoop dogs lyrics fit his style, his delivery, the beats. you know what? tupac isnt close to the best lyricist ever, but his flow and words just fit on the beat like bread and butter and he creates a story or image for his rap that fans can really feel. prodigy is showing you his story through his songs that you can really feel, thats why wen u listen to shook ones part 2 we feel like fucking ghetto soldiers, not just "who can fit 10000 punchlines on this beat and rap fast to make it sound good". this is why prodigy is a superior rapper and on a complete different level from budden. hes a legend while buddens "just a good rapper".

and i think prodigy is a great lyricist, more in the raekwon sorta way, its kinda hard to compare lyricism when you comparin punchline rappers to just plain-n-clear rappers if ya get my drift. in the punchline world, you got buddens a dime a dozen but i dont see budden being a big L.

this is why ill rather listen to ignorant nigger rap like gucci mane than budden. budden, being a decent rapper is 100x more lyrical than gucci. no ones gonna argue that. but gucci is fun and stupid, and as retarded as his is, he has his own style, if u can call his half muttering half talking rap that. budden doesnt have an established style that makes him stands out even though hes a decent rapper, thats why i was complainin how sometimes when you put that first slaughterhouse cd on if you didn't recognize their voices, they all sound similiar and bland. simply put, u can even say hes just another "mixtape rapper", although a good "mixtape rapper" at it.

Was pac ever the greatest lyricist? NO....not even in his time. From the Nas' to the Jay-z's to the Wu-tangs...a whole lot of people rapped better then pac. do i feel joe budden has better LYRICS then pac? sure...shoot me. do i feel hes anywhere near pacs radar? hell fucking no....and please dont take my words out of context.

that's the exact mindset which shows that you're not a real hip hop fan and you're just a stan who thinks he knows what hes talking about. seriously, just go bak to joebuddentv forums and discuss joe budden. again, you're trying to make lyricism=rapper. You're completely wrong. I'll give you that, Joe budden might have been a better lyricist than pac but he will never be a better rapper. and thats the whole point. he will be a better lyrcist than snoop dogg, but he will never be a better rapper than snoop. Lyrics dont mean shit if you cant pull it off, and at the same time, FLOW+VOICE can mean everything if u can pull it off. everything put together and wat u can make of wat u got, is what separates a good rapper and a bad rapper, or in this case, a legend and a above average rapper. half of that is why meth is such a dope rapper, cause hes got one of the dopest voice and flow combos ever even though his lyrics arnt super lyrical or watever, IT WORKS PERFECTLY WITH HIS OVERALL STYLE

thats it, im fucking out of it. not gonna argue any more with dumb fucks. if u think im biased then get another budden fan who actually knows some hip hop besides budden to read this and see if they argue, not that i give half a shit. lol longest post ever...shit! go listen to your buddens and orgasm over the punchlines while i put on my gucci mane and laze out to his dumass adlibs!!! BURRR!!!

edit: jus wanted to add that long story short, lyricism is only part of the rapper. it doesn't make the rapper, it doesn't make him good. what he does with it is what makes him good. so dont fucking pull that faggot shit like "DOGGY STYLE IS GOOD BUT ITS NOT REALLY MATCHIN UP TO CANIBUS'S LYRCISIM...." cause thats not what we're comparing it too and ur missin the goddam point! n thats probalby the faggiest shit i ever heard. doggy style is good because its a great album that fits into the vintage party west coast sound just like the chronic fits into the g funk style. you cant even compare them to shit like dzk or canibus cause they weren't even aiming for the same thing, werent made in the same style, werent aimed at the same audience, weren't same in the same era,etc. like comparing apples to strawberries.

Mr. R&B
02-03-2011, 06:47 AM
i can't believe this is even a question tbh

I came here to post this same thing.

Who in their right mind would choose Budden in this hypothetical situation?

BTW there's a whole lot of faggotry going on in this thread, lame.

corky831
02-03-2011, 10:13 AM
this is a pathetic comparison...prodigy in his prime was top 5 east coast lyricist in hip hop......in an era where hip hop was at its finest.....joe budden aint even top 5 in a shitty era......

Mic Tyson
02-03-2011, 10:27 AM
niggas sayin DZK better than snoop? get the fuck outta here with that nerd shit

Frank Sobotka
02-03-2011, 10:36 AM
You lose an internet argument as soon as the phrase "tl;dr" can rightfully be used in response to your post.

standout
02-03-2011, 11:15 AM
As we continue this pointless and neverending debate.......i clearly said i think u need different types of flow/delivery to be versatile.

now

nigga ima tell u once real simple and fast all the shit u missin on. i didnt bother readin most of your shit but these 2 comments caught on to me.

first of all, all those songs about murder and hood...so what? thats prodigy, thats p, thats his subject matter. thats like sayin ice cubes not as good an rapper because all his songs are about gangsta rap or biggies subpar because all his songs about money hoes and materialistic shit.
all biggies shit is not about that..suacidle thoughts, hypnotize, kick in the door are all different songs...

most rappers mainly focus on one subject matter though they branch out to other parts a little, u got the gangster rapper, the mafioso rapper, the conscious rapper. but isn't jayz saying more than just mafioso? isn't he talking about life too? every rappers like that, not just budden. cause if you're talkin bout versatile in your terms, jayz a versatile rapper too, so is nas, so is a hundred other rappers. get it out of your head. prodigy is one of the best at what he does, and hes considered legend status in that term. period. this aint nothing to do with comparing him to another rapper.

Nas and Jay-Z are verstaile...hundreads of rappers are not, prodigy being one of them. jay and nas can make Get Downs and Meet The Parents'....they can then go and make a an I Can or a Hard Knock Life...then go and make Big Pimping or oochie wally....then go and make a million other types of songs. prodigy cant. and when he does, he cant do it good, unless its about gangster shit.

You are giving preference to prodigy because of mobb deep and what they did. When we are talking about RAPPERS, you need to strip these people of their legendary status and give a more un-biased review...im not saying prodigy has a wack flow/delivery...im just saying he has ONE flow and ONE delivery, and he only knows how to rap about ONE thing...versatile rappers have MANY flows and can rap about MANY things. its a measure of creativity. jay-z for example, has MANY.

2nd, thats the thing i fucking hate about faggot wannabe rap heads. they cry about lyricism to show that another rapper is more "elite" or better than another. lyricism is part of what makes a rapper, but a rapper uses that to create his own style. no ones gonna be here in the end of the day sayin jayz is a better lyricist than canibus, cause hes not. but jayz is probably a better rapper to most because of the way he raps, his overall delivery and flow and quite simply put, "style" for a lack of a better word. o and beats have a lot to do it wit it too.
exactly, hint the bolded part in my quote at the top that i said a post earlier above. prodigy does not have any other flow...hint, hes not versatile.

thats one thing why jay can be put into the same category as a lyrical heavy weight like nas. because although nas is more lyrical, jay's voice, emotion, emphasis, overall delivery, watever the fuck u wanna call it, on his songs is something he has down, something that nas never could never fully nail. because can you fucking imagine snoop dog rapping nas or pun lyrics on doggystyle? nah cuz snoop had his own style and ran with it. anyone can be a good lyricist" these days but most of em cant be good rappers.
exactly...i couldnt agree more

prodigy is showing you his story through his songs that you can really feel, thats why wen u listen to shook ones part 2 we feel like fucking ghetto soldiers, not just "who can fit 10000 punchlines on this beat and rap fast to make it sound good". this is why prodigy is a superior rapper and on a complete different level from budden. hes a legend while buddens "just a good rapper".

fair enough, but just like prodigy can make you feel like a "ghetto soldier", budden can make you feel and relate to real life shit from depression to relationships that we all go through on a daily basis...he just released a song called "ordinary love shit" where he discusses things that people go through with their girl..etc

and i think prodigy is a great lyricist, more in the raekwon sorta way, its kinda hard to compare lyricism when you comparin punchline rappers to just plain-n-clear rappers if ya get my drift. in the punchline world, you got buddens a dime a dozen but i dont see budden being a big L.
but you dont. budden is not a punchline rapper though. if anything, hes more of an emo rapper cuz he stresses the use of emotional situations in songs (i.e. songs like Black Cloud)...mood muzik 4 has 1 punchline song on it out of 17, and thats the remember the titans track with fab banks and royce...if u classify 1/17 songs enough to call someone a punchline rapper then...i retire.

You're completely wrong. I'll give you that, Joe budden might have been a better lyricist than pac but he will never be a better rapper.
he will never be a better artist...infact, i dont think anyone in hiphop will ever be a better artist.

look, i think were actually on the same page except for one difference...

i think that for someone to be considered one of the greats, they need to be able to not only have a "sick flow/delivery"...but also be able to FLIP that flow and delivery and do different types of flow and delivery...and yes i agree with you, that is why jay is one of the greats. prodigy cant do that. hes got the same flow and delivery on damn near every song, while rapping about the same thing.

peep this interview..
aJ2UwSL0_wk

see the thing about "money, cash, hoes" - when else have u heard jay flow like this?...its on that song, and only on that song. then if u listen to "can i get a fuck you" hes got a double-time flow...

now, budden does not have a great flow by any means. and his is also for the most part kind of too consistant...so im not comparing flows/delivery here cuz in my opinon both prodigy and budden lack in that department....but, budden can make any type of song though. so in my book he has a 1 up.

maybe its a preference thing. i appreciate the guy who writes 100 songs on 100 topics more than the guy who writes 100 songs about the same topic.

5hundred&one
02-03-2011, 01:38 PM
first off, all y'all droppin novel length posts to argue joe buddens need to kill yourselves.

all I'm gonna say is that this 'he's not a better artist, but he's a better rapper' bullshit is corny and needs to stop. is somebody can't make a decent song to save their life, they ain't a good rapper. I don't care how 'clever' their 'punchlines' are or how 'sick' their metaphors are or how broad their subject matter is or any of that shit.

and buddens fans are the worst treatin their boy like some unsung hero that can rap better than, well, anybody, even though his music has yet to make a lasting impact anywhere. bottom line, if you know your history, is that buddens is a generic east coast rapper who has no memorable songs, no charisma, not a single memorable line in all his music.

also, standout joined a Wu forum to argue joe buddens.

/thread

Frank Sobotka
02-03-2011, 01:58 PM
first off, all y'all droppin novel length posts to argue joe buddens need to kill yourselves.

all I'm gonna say is that this 'he's not a better artist, but he's a better rapper' bullshit is corny and needs to stop. is somebody can't make a decent song to save their life, they ain't a good rapper. I don't care how 'clever' their 'punchlines' are or how 'sick' their metaphors are or how broad their subject matter is or any of that shit.

and buddens fans are the worst treatin their boy like some unsung hero that can rap better than, well, anybody, even though his music has yet to make a lasting impact anywhere. bottom line, if you know your history, is that buddens is a generic east coast rapper who has no memorable songs, no charisma, not a single memorable line in all his music.

also, standout joined a Wu forum to argue joe buddens.

/threadHoly shit, went threw his posting history, you're right.
He only replied to slaughter/budden threads.

standout
02-03-2011, 04:43 PM
its true, i should add though that i visit this board almost everyday since i joined. its actually one of my favourites in firefox...i just dont post. but had i made a post every single time someone bashes slaughterhouse id probably have 10,000 posts by now...unless its something that i feel is completly outragous (i.e. this thread), i avoid it.

-edit
oh yeah and im officially done with this thread...shit tired me the fuck out.

nyminute
02-03-2011, 05:35 PM

you dont hear one crazy concept thats just about whatever...

Like Royce da 59 - Part of Me, or a Supastition - A baby story, or a Immortal Technique - You Never Know...

The song 'Self Conscience' is him taking two different roles, ala Gimme the loot so no you lose.

like i said...everything he does is "murda music"...which is lame, and not versatile.

What's wrong this do you have something against street music? Topics are all subjective anyway.

what makes u think that lyrical songs go hand in hand with punchline songs?...thats not what i meant...anything can be lyrical. a girl song can be lyrical...thats in the words.
a punchline song is a punchline song...simple and plain.

You know what I mean songs where rappers just show off their skills without really talking about anything 'Take it in Blood" for example by Nas really isn't saying much but is argubaly his most complex song on paper.

If you consider a metal/gun wordplay flip a good example of metaphors then maybe i should just stop talking to you right now.

Let me guess...next youl tell me that "the sun/son shines bright" is dope as fuck because the sun shines, and hes reffering to himself as son, right?

im not even gonna bother....

So you don't think seein clip, and see eclipse the double sound isn't impressive? The latter which further adds to his darkness theme in the next few lines, but most people who just skim over this song wouldn't even catch that.

like i said...im not even gonna bother? what is this? all pure "il kill you shit" with lame and elementary metaphors. like i said .... hes NOT versatile.

Who cares Eminem's most "lyrical shit ( in terms of showing off skils) are nothing but generic shock rap verses like Kill you, Hellbound, Only fair to warn, but I guess we should discredit them to since they're nothing but murder shit. And like I said earlier topics are subjective, sort of like not everyone wants to listen to a socio political track, some people think Eminem's tracks are corny, some like Atmosphere type tracks all subjective man.

Yes, it is exactly the same...thats the point. and thats what tech gets critized for, ACCORDINGLY.

I'm sorry but not every rapper can be like Eminem, some find their sort of niche and stick with it accordingly branching out and doing different types of tracks at times, but they'll stick with what their most comfortable with.

if you find where i said that....then heres my word: I will hang myself in the basement.

"LYRICALLY speaking..bar for bar...concept for concept...joe budden today, is 20 times the rapper prodigy ever was. People on THIS board - a board that is stuck in the 90's golden era'

Probably read it wrong, but thought you were implying the 90s isn't as lyrical as today's music.

never said hes that low, and no hes not a joke lyrically, but today hes no where near the best like he was 15 years ago.

Which is why I sad PRIME Prodigy nowadays yeah he's a former shell of himself. But he had a great run while it lasted.

your setting me up here. but il answer your question....Pac is the most influencial rapper ever, and one of the only rappers that is able to put real emotion into a song...pac is probably the biggest hiphop legend ever, and hands down has the greatest legacy that will most likely never be touched.

I only say that because from what I observed you put an emphasis on style over substance, whilst Pac wasn't the most fanciful rapper his songs had meaning, and had passion and delivery like no other.

I really hope you mean only lyrically because they're nowhere near better than him overall, his charisma, swag, delivery and voice made him much easier on the ears than both Dzk (lol) and Canibus' grating voices. Yeah the can use big words and have multies out the ass, but never were they as easy on the ears as Snoop, and I'm not even talking about legacy or influence, I'm talknig about straight music.

Oh and how are these the same flow wise?????

uVcEU-JNpPk

lMl_1DEX9GA

Monkdude
02-03-2011, 05:53 PM
i'm not going to bother to read this topic but i bet i already know some of the stupid arguments.

first off, P is a legend. end of story.

second, joe budden is wack. i'm not trying to hear his music.

now that we got that out of the way, its time to address some fundamental issues:

lyrics are not everything. im listening to music, therefore, it has to sound good. having metaphors in your rhymes does not mean that your music is good. using multis to make your rhyme sound better does not mean your music is good.

its got to be a full product. some rappers are more lyrical than others, while some rely on other strengths like flow, voice or delivery. every rapper thats "lyrical" also has other parts of their skillset that makes that shit listenable. prodigy may not have the most in depth lyrics to ever come out of NY but his delivery and flow were top 5 of the 90s, easy. his voice was dope too. its not "homo" to like a rappers voice; if im listening to it, it better sound good.

joe budden sounds like a bitch when he raps. i dont care how tough he is off the mic, i dont like his music and he sounds awful. its really that simple. this also applies to jeoll ortiz. i cant stand how that dude sounds.

prodigy fell off, but joe budden never got on. thats all i have to say.

Monkdude
02-03-2011, 05:57 PM
on another note, standout is a moron who needs a hobby.

"anyone in slaughterhouse can rap 30,000 prodigy" or whatever you said.

really? youre a stan of the worst kind.

standout
02-03-2011, 10:13 PM
^yes
and standout is far from a moron. we can start posting Degrees if you wanna pull the moron card.

josborne3680
02-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Prodigy in his prime was pretty much better than "most" mc's, including Budden. Prodigy in the 'Hell on Earth' era was untouchable. Peace

Inspektah Meth-Tical
02-04-2011, 01:27 AM
"You know what I mean songs where rappers just show off their skills without really talking about anything 'Take it in Blood" for example by Nas really isn't saying much but is argubaly his most complex song on paper. "

Are you serious? Take it in Blood is probably one of Nas's most meaninful songs.

Do you think Memory Lane has no meaning either?

Mic Tyson
02-04-2011, 09:18 AM
hey u joebuddentv faggots need to quit makin accounts just to defend him. thats some real gay shit. what a fuckin joke

Mr. R&B
02-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Prodigy in his prime was pretty much better than "most" mc's, including Budden. Prodigy in the 'Hell on Earth' era was untouchable. Peace

My sentiments exactly.

I figured this was the common consensus and didn't really need to be pointed out.

But what do I know? :?

standout
02-04-2011, 02:32 PM
hey u joebuddentv faggots need to quit makin accounts just to defend him. thats some real gay shit. what a fuckin joke

so let me get this straight. your under the impression that joe budden's only fans are members of joebuddentv.com?

have you ever decided to go to any other board aside from the wu-board? for the record, the forum that i am, i guess you could say "from", is www.illesty.net, not joe buddens forum.

your gonna have to come to the realization one day that outside of wu-board joe budden fans populate probably 90% of all major internet boards. from allhiphop.com, to boxden.com...stop being so stereotypical.

APOLLO STASH
02-04-2011, 03:15 PM
fuck

nyminute
02-04-2011, 03:21 PM
"You know what I mean songs where rappers just show off their skills without really talking about anything 'Take it in Blood" for example by Nas really isn't saying much but is argubaly his most complex song on paper. "

Are you serious? Take it in Blood is probably one of Nas's most meaninful songs.

Do you think Memory Lane has no meaning either?

Really it's nothing but braggadacio mafioso rap really written in a complex style, and no Memory Lane has meaning because he's talking about him growing up, while being able to write complex lyrics. You can be both lyrical (punchlines, multies etc.) and have a message or tell a story in the process.

so let me get this straight. your under the impression that joe budden's only fans are members of joebuddentv.com?

have you ever decided to go to any other board aside from the wu-board? for the record, the forum that i am, i guess you could say "from", is www.illesty.net, not joe buddens forum.

your gonna have to come to the realization one day that outside of wu-board joe budden fans populate probably 90% of all major internet boards. from allhiphop.com, to boxden.com...stop being so stereotypical.

You don't want to respond to my post?
Prodigy definitely. Fat Joe has some intensity in his lyrics and an ill voice that flows smoothly but no match for Prodigy. Every lyric on Hell On Earth and The Infamous that he spit was shit that just made you feel like you were in Queensbridge when you heard it. Fat Joe makes your head bob but Prodigy makes your head visualize and think deeply especially his second verse on Up North Trip.

Where'd you get Fat Joe from?

APOLLO STASH
02-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Lmao yea I know sorry I read the thread title wrong that's why I edited it and just put fuck -_-

Monkdude
02-04-2011, 03:50 PM

its amazing how much of a man crush you have on joe budden.

he's a rapper, dude. get off his dick and stop defending him on forums. there are better ways to spend your time.

btw, i dont give a fuck about your degrees. i got a BA from Uconn and thats enough for me. Degrees dont mean a god damn thing once you stop applying to grad schools. Go away

standout
02-04-2011, 06:33 PM
its amazing how much of a man crush you have on joe budden.

he's a rapper, dude. get off his dick and stop defending him on forums. there are better ways to spend your time.

btw, i dont give a fuck about your degrees. i got a BA from Uconn and thats enough for me. Degrees dont mean a god damn thing once you stop applying to grad schools. Go away

what do u got a degree in? Basket Weiving 101?

listen man. if ur under any impression that im sitting here stressing over a hiphop discussion on a hiphop board - your out of your mind. im chilling.