PDA

View Full Version : Kool Herc Is In Health Problems

LONDON!
02-01-2011, 02:36 AM
kool herc is the originator of hip hop along wit other heads like africa bambaata & grandmaster flash, he has health problems and hasen't got any health insurance

if heads could show that love and send some contributions to this email adress that would be a good look, if this was rock, this brother would be a billionaire, i swear down, its bigger than music, healthcare is a human being right and should be free, represent for cause people

Supporters can send monetary donations to Herc via PayPal (cindycampbell1@aol.com) or snail mail: Kool Herc Productions PO Box 20472 Huntington Station, NY 1174

DUMBO
02-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Tell him to move to Canada. We need a few gooder male music legends up here (no homo).

and we have universal coverage.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-01-2011, 07:22 PM
LOL...healthcare is not a "human right" its a luxury.

and if he is in the united states, he won't be turned away.

EAGLE EYE
02-01-2011, 08:13 PM
really..? a human right?

i bet the money diddy and fat boy dumped out on this club floor in the video could pay for 3 generations of family hospital bills
http://www.worldstaruncut.com/uncut/31195

DUMBO
02-01-2011, 08:24 PM
LOL...healthcare is not a "human right" its a luxury.

and if he is in the united states, he won't be turned away.

Hi Nicky. I'm just curious to know what you DO consider a human right. Are there human rights? Should there be? etc.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-01-2011, 08:45 PM
what are rights? Define what a "right" is and further more a "human right".

Is voting a human right? Is eating food a human right?

Seems ambiguous to me.

Healthcare is a luxury. You're paying for it either way. It's just universal healthcare is forcing you to pay for it.

Or at least forcing those that work to pay for it.

Is that a right? I dunno.

Doesn't really matter, they do what they do.

But I've always said I'd rather spend my money the way I want to rather than the gov. The less they get of my wages the better.

If you have no problem with that, so be it. But its not for me.

EAGLE EYE
02-01-2011, 09:00 PM
I think what this country needs to do, is reward citizens who take the incentive of remaining fit and healthy by issuing a gov't discount card for medical services and grocery shopping. I know it sounds progressive and faggy like sweden or norway, but the population looks like cattle these days.

It could be very similar to the BMI discount that whole foods employees get; but of course the fatties would be in an uproar and get the ACLU involved.

If your neighbor came to a cook-out bragging about how they saved a couple grand on bills just for being in modest shape, then that would be enough motivation for someone to put down the hostess and McGriddles.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Thats the problem.....everyone thinks they can do whatever they wan without consequence because its their "right".

Like they have a right to be fat, to eat mcdonals 5 times a week etc.

So is a right just having the ability to make a choice?

They should reward people who do the correct thing, but this country doesnt do t hat anymore.

It rewards degeneracy. It sees them as equals to others. It enables their behavior in the name of "human rights".

It used to be fuck ups were outcasts.....now, the fuck ups get preferential treatment and are coddled for being fuck ups.

Too much welfare. Human beings are resilient creatures, nobody needs to be coddled that much.

Dokuro
02-01-2011, 11:14 PM
originator???????

i'm not touching that one

DUMBO
02-02-2011, 03:59 AM
So you don't believe in rights?

If you don't believe in laws that ensure certain privileges, then do you believe in laws that restrict certain types of human behaviour (rape, murder etc)?

I agree that Rights are socio-political constructions but so are restrictive laws. I always find it interesting how conservative types are quick to deny privileges but are slow to banish punitive laws. Or maybe I'm wrong. What do you think?

Olive Oil Goombah
02-02-2011, 10:09 AM
if you would stop assuming im a conservative because i dont like one obamas healthcare shit or high taxes, that would be better.

your too caught up in taking sides

Uncle Steezo
02-02-2011, 10:47 AM
i think big tobacco, liquor, fast food, GMO and junk food industries should subsidize healthcare. they know that shit ain't healthy. they won't tell us to stop consuming it and they have blackballed the healthy alternatives into unaffordability.

DUMBO
02-02-2011, 01:18 PM
if you would stop assuming im a conservative because i dont like one obamas healthcare shit or high taxes, that would be better.

your too caught up in taking sides

Answer the damned question.

Dr. Simon Hurt
02-02-2011, 01:41 PM
i think big tobacco, liquor, fast food, GMO and junk food industries should subsidize healthcare. they know that shit ain't healthy. they won't tell us to stop consuming it and they have blackballed the healthy alternatives into unaffordability.

i agree with this...it would never happen but it would be amazing.

shit, big oil should subsidize everything.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-02-2011, 01:48 PM
the Wal-mart syndrome has affected food almost as much as anything maybe even more.

The set up of the fast paced, car oriented American society contributes. I cant walk down the street to a bakery or a market and get regional products. There are places like that, but its much more convenient for me to go to the nearest supermarket.

and even more convenient for me to go thru a drive through...not have to get out of my car and have cheap food.

We have this discussion on here every now and than.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Answer the damned question.

what is the question?

do i believe there is such thing as human rights?

They are man-made and upheld by laws.

Healthcare is not a human right. There are no human rights. Its just an idea. You are born of your flesh and blood. Thats about all you are guaranteed. And depending upon where you are born and who you are born to, you may or may not live with more luxury or priviledges than others.

Is it my right to have healthcare? No its not. If i lived in Sweden it would be. It's the right of a swedish citizen.

LORD NOSE
02-02-2011, 02:08 PM
http://www.sohh.com/2011/02/kool_herc_speaks_out_this_has_been_going.html?utm_ source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=general-feed

"We live in one of the superpowers of the world!" Herc said in a statement to MTV (http://www.sohh.com/2011/02/kool_herc_speaks_out_this_has_been_going.html?utm_ source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=general-feed#) News on Tuesday (February 1). " 'Give me your tired, your poor ... ' and then you don't take care of them? There should be no weak ants in the colony. There shouldn't be anyone fighting for health care! This has been going on too damn long! We fought for 1520 Sedgwick to get landmark status, and in 2007, New York State officially recognized it as the 'Birthplace of Hip Hop'. Now we are fighting for health care not just for me, but for everyone. I see this situation as another quest for me to shine light on a sensitive issue for the community. I'm an instrument of God. I'm here for a purpose and I want to be here for the solution." (MTV)

Olive Oil Goombah
02-02-2011, 02:18 PM
pathetic.....

next time, WORK, pay into medicade, medicare, and social security and maybe you will have something for yourself.

You invented hip hop? well you shoulda had some more business acumen and maybe you'd have more money.

the country is about competition, its about ideas and for every person with an idea there are thousands trying to take it or come up with a better one.

Herc, lifes a bitch....you should planned for the future better.

5hundred&one
02-02-2011, 03:10 PM
some people spend all their time creating though, it's kind of a difference in personality. how is anybody supposed to create the music you listen to if they spend all their time worrying about the future? if Herc spent all his time in the 70s working towards a good job and a secure future, he wouldn't have had the impact on music that he did.

not to say everybody should have to bail him out, but for some ppl it's not even a concern when you're 25 and healthy and you just want to create, you couldn't give a fuck about the future and where you might be.

if anyone deserves help though, i'd say it's somebody who had a hand in creating something of actual worth. then there's poor ppl who can't afford health care, never strive to have a decent job or future and contribute nothing of worth to anything whether it be music or anything else. say fuck those ppl all you want, but Kool Herc has more worth than them, imo.

it ain't really fair to group Herc with others who can't afford health care. he might not be set financially, but he's built a legacy that you haven't. that's what i think he's asking for. anybody who appreciates his contribution to Hiphop to throw some money towards his health. it ain't that despicable.

Uncle Steezo
02-02-2011, 03:20 PM
pathetic.....

next time, WORK, pay into medicade, medicare, and social security and maybe you will have something for yourself.

You invented hip hop? well you shoulda had some more business acumen and maybe you'd have more money.

the country is about competition, its about ideas and for every person with an idea there are thousands trying to take it or come up with a better one.

Herc, lifes a bitch....you should planned for the future better.

play the game or get the fuck out right?

fuck that

RALPH WIGGUM
02-02-2011, 03:28 PM
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Article 25.

Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-02-2011, 04:50 PM
play the game or get the fuck out right?

fuck that

Look, i feel for the guy....but if you don't prepare yourself for getting old, your stupid. Its why people save money, hoarde food...whatever u want to call it...preparedness for the worst.

This guy.....i dont know his finances....i guess i'll withold judgement but im guessing he squandered opportunites.

Yea, some people are creative, some people dont wanna do work that isn't glamorous just to get by....but than you may forfeit getting by.

There's always a game to play......you can get around certain things, but others you cant.

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Article 25.

Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.

LOL....define standard of living...medical care, social services....security......

this is complete bullshit idealism.

Not that its necessarily a bad idea, but you cannot have people paying for the "well-being" of other people.

Especially middle class people who are working hard just to get theirs.

Its why it doesnt work.

Its why taxing my ass and the other non ridiculously rich people for the well being of unemployed poor people is ridiculous.

This is nature...its why the lion eats the gazelle.....but its also why the gazelle is faster and outnumbers the lion.

The lion would never share his food with the gazelle, only the hyena, whose got the balls to scavenge or leech off the lions kill, or get his own is above the gazelle in the food chain.

same with rich, middle and poor.

im not against helping your fellow man, im for it, but some of these "human rights" are not basic necessities for everyday survival.

Undiluted Karma
02-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Health should be a human right, but universal healthcare is not truly viable because of cost etc.

That said that healthcare in a first world country, let alone arghuably still the most powerful nation in the world, is treated as a commodity to deny the disadvantaged is ludicrious.

Especially when you take into account how much America spends on national defense and wasteful projects.

Olive Oil Goombah
02-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Healthcare is available. Its not like you can't get it.

Its not cheap, but universal healthcare isn't either.

Hence why i dont see it as a right...or even a necessity for an adult ages 18-65...now i can see programs for children, and the elderly.

But everyone in between....im not feelin it.

PLus nobody gets denied at a hospital if u dont have insurance...i dont know where you people come up with this stuff.

DUMBO
02-02-2011, 05:57 PM
The question was if there are no positive rights, do you also believe that there are no negative rights?

Do you believe, for example, that it is wrong for a murderer to be confined in a prison for his/her crime of murder?

Olive Oil Goombah
02-02-2011, 07:31 PM
when population reaches a certain point, we need laws and rights.

I'm not against healthcare because i dont want people to have it, I'm against being overtaxed.

Certain taxes im fine with....I accept. Essentials like roads, police, fire....because they serve the community as a whole.

But healthcare shouldnt be forced on anyone.

Affordability is the problem.

Undiluted Karma
02-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Healthcare is available. Its not like you can't get it.

Its not cheap, but universal healthcare isn't either.

Hence why i dont see it as a right...or even a necessity for an adult ages 18-65...now i can see programs for children, and the elderly.

But everyone in between....im not feelin it.

PLus nobody gets denied at a hospital if u dont have insurance...i dont know where you people come up with this stuff.

Yeah i get you I just dont think it should be expensive as it should be.. obviously yeah you will get treated anyway if its severe etc..

It's matter of priority too, some government expenditure is too much and some is too little.