PDA

View Full Version : Death Row releases

9th Chamber
02-01-2011, 07:46 AM
Anybody get the Sam Sneed release Street Scholars? It got released last week. And next week it's the LBC crew's Haven't you Heard. Which has leaked. Anybody check em out?

kurupt_kw
02-01-2011, 09:03 AM
I assume these are old tracks that are being released by the company who bought Death Row? I haven't been keeping tabs on what's going on but have they released any old Dogg Pound or solo Kurupt or Daz tracks?

deeznutz1981
02-01-2011, 12:19 PM
the Sam Sneed was a huge disappointment! They only included 4 deathrow era tracks and the rest are all new Sam Sneed tracks in which one of them (Survivor) is decent. They really shit the bed on that release because the original Street Scholars can be heard on youtube (in shitty quality) and it sounded like another 90's deathrow classic. I'm not sure why they decided to revamp the original Street Scholars but I'm not feeling it at all. On top of that they somehow managed to take the masters of "U Better Recognize" and make them sound shittier than the original retail release (murder was the case soundtrack.) they would have been better off buying a copy of MWTC soundtrack and ripping U Better Recognize and releasing that on the new Sam Sneed album lol

NOW

as for the LBC crew album I think it has that classic west coast/90's deathrow flavor to it and its a for sure cop for me. the album is almost identical to how it was supposed to be released in 96 I believe and the shit is full of straight g-funk bangers previously only heard in low quality rips on youtube.

I would suggest checking the LBC crew album for sure if ur a fan of the old deathrow days.

9th Chamber
02-03-2011, 01:25 PM
^^ Good reviews! Dead on. Does anyone have a copy of the original Street Scholars?

CharlesJones
02-26-2011, 02:19 PM
I would like for Death Row to release Dr Dre and Ice Cube's Helter Skelter album LOL. I wonder if Dre and Cube finished that album. I remember seeing a ad for it inside of Snoop Dogg's Doggystyle album.

OntheHorizon
02-26-2011, 02:37 PM
I would like for Death Row to release Dr Dre and Ice Cube's Helter Skelter album LOL. I wonder if Dre and Cube finished that album. I remember seeing a ad for it inside of Snoop Dogg's Doggystyle album.

I heard they never really got started on it, except that 2pacs "U Cant C Me" was suppose to be a Dre/Cube joint

Makadocious
02-26-2011, 04:08 PM
I heard they never really got started on it, except that 2pacs "U Cant C Me" was suppose to be a Dre/Cube joint

i heard that only 4 or 6 songs were finished 4 it, Can't C Me was 1 of them, i also think California Love was 1 of those tracks as well, of course the only song we got from that album is Natural Born Killaz. As for the Death Row releases i enjoyed Danny Boy & Snoop albums

OntheHorizon
02-26-2011, 08:08 PM
^^^

Everybody slept on that Danny Boy album