PDA

View Full Version : Danger Doom - The Mouse & The Mask

arcane
10-17-2005, 03:47 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000B9EYDY.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg (http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000B9EYDY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg)

1. El Chupa Nibre
2. Sofa King
3. The Mask feat. Ghostface Killah
4. Perfect Hair
5. Bizzy Box feat. Cee-Lo
6. Old School feat. Talib Kweli
7. A.T.H.F.
8. Basket Case
9. No Names (Black Debbie)
10. Crosshairs
11. Mincemeat
12. Vats of Urine
13. Space Ho's
14. Bada Bing

Let's get things going with some current reviews in this section...

Danger Doom to me is pretty fucking ill - the concept is sick, I'm loving the incorporation of the cartoons even though I'm not familiar with any of the shows. Doom has the most unique vocabulary of any emcee out there, period. His shit to me never gets old because you never know what the hell is going to come out his mouth next. He has a lot of fun with his verses and is one of the rare emcees who maintains a persona - to the point where I have no idea what he would be like if I met him and had a conversation with him.

Anyway, Doom comes correct on this album as usual and Danger Mouse's beats are ill - the ones on this album really pound... there aren't really any weak beats on here.

So as far as beats and lyrics, this is really solid. One detractor is the amount of skits present. Like I said I like the cartoon references and everything but at times it feels like it takes away from the album's continuity, especially if you're listening to the album a few times in succession.

I'll give this an 8. Peace.

RapLevelated
10-17-2005, 04:39 PM
I thought the production could have been better.

G...
10-18-2005, 03:12 AM
People are fucking sleeping, and need to open their eyes, it's a personal classic for me... so I'd give it a 10, but even tho each track is ill, some tracks + beats for that matter don't quite fit with the concept of the LP. It's still a cold 9, and will be recognised as a classic in the future, mark my words. ONE

hellbound
10-18-2005, 03:14 PM
8 for being edited and production was good but not great

Wzarecta
10-18-2005, 03:45 PM
Typically great lyrics from Doom and Danger's beats are all great (don't really see how they could be criticised that much, but whatever). The best beats on here are Sofa King and Crosshairs, the rest of the beats are just the perfect compliment to Doom's rhymes and the cartoon theme. Fave songs: Sofa King, The Mask, Old School, Space Ho's.

9/10

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
10-18-2005, 03:56 PM
9 even though it should be an 8

Sifu Dragon
10-19-2005, 11:25 AM
prod. is great imo, really feelin Danger mouse

$inista
10-19-2005, 11:33 AM
i am sofa king, good fuking albulm give it an 8

dat MF
10-21-2005, 08:23 AM
Very nice album, that's fo show but it's far away from classic. Doom kills on it.

8/10

Rakim_Allah
10-21-2005, 08:31 AM
i say 8

MaShPG
10-21-2005, 08:20 PM
7. Dooms lyrics are the same as always, but the first half of the album is way better than the second half. Production wasn't what I was hoping. It's hard for Danger to live up to The Grey Album. I'm surprised some of ya'll are saying this is a "classic"! Pleez...

Welshkillabee
11-01-2005, 09:52 AM
I give it a 9. The whole album is crazy, special mention for the song Benzi Box I love that shit in the car you cant help but blast it.

Polocash7
11-01-2005, 03:27 PM
I voted 8(more like 8.5) Worth coppin'

Wu-Shank...
11-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Shits dope!

I wanna give it a 8, but gave it a 7.
I like it now, but I think I will gave it a seven down the long run.

On the Doom side:
I give 'Mm.. Food' and 'Madvillainy' a solid 8.
'Operation: Doomsday' and The first 'Viktor Vaughn' albums a 9! 'VV2' gets a 7. Dooms has yeat to make a ten IMHO...

Danger Mouse:
I give the Grey Album a 8.5! and Demon Days a Solid 7!

...I'm feeling The mask, Benzie Box, ATHF, No Names(U kno, 'black Debbie'lolz), Crosshairs, Bada Bing!... damn the whole thing is tight!..

new mathematics
11-04-2005, 03:40 PM
pretty dope album, 8/10

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
11-04-2005, 03:51 PM
I have this album atr home but have yet to listen to it

Poetic Wun
11-05-2005, 03:07 PM
i thought the album was good. not great i didn't want an [adult swim] soundtrack that doesn't mean i'm not giving it credit for being different. Production was great. guest's were illy too. but MF didn't really expand his horizon on this album. If i look at like an [adult swim] soundtrack it would be a 9 but i gave 7

Wu-Tality
11-10-2005, 05:48 PM
aah man it deserves that 9... skits are hilarious and some fresh beats with some crazy lyrics! MF Doom even did something to his monotone voice that annoys some people.

EVEN FLOW
04-21-2006, 10:09 AM
whats the dopest line on the album.

12weLvE
04-21-2006, 10:23 AM
This album goes up and down a lot. Mostly average tracks...Though it gets better at the end.

1. El Chupa Nibre 4/5 (Disses old crew)
2. Sofa King 5/5
3. The Mask feat. Ghostface Killah 5/5
4. Perfect Hair 4/5
5. Bizzy Box feat. Cee-Lo 4/5
6. Old School feat. Talib Kweli 5/5
7. A.T.H.F. 4/5
8. Basket Case 4/5
9. No Names (Black Debbie) 4.5/5
10. Crosshairs 5/5
11. Mincemeat 4.5/5
12. Vats of Urine 4/5
13. Space Ho's 5/5
14. Bada Bing 5/5

energizer
05-07-2006, 09:46 PM
off the top, the most memorable line is they rhymes aint got no gift like a lonely christmas and some shit like, spittin like a bionic sneeze that freeze vodka just to clear the air like the ionic breeze quadra or some shit

Frontal Lobotomy
05-08-2006, 04:04 AM
I'm still feeling this record, it's got some nice beats on it. Overall a 4.5/5

snakesonawiggly
12-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Really good album. The mask is great can't wait for the Ghost/Doom album. Danger Mouse is a great fucking producer. The whole MasterShake wanting to be on the album was a fucking funny as hell story line, I want to see that carried on to the Ghost/Doom album.

Dokuro
01-08-2007, 04:57 PM
7/10 MF DOOm needs to grow up and put some scince together and he could posably be te beast as for danger beast DJ of 06 gose to you love what you did with Cee-low keep it up

rulazigzagziagallah
01-14-2007, 11:51 AM
8 for being edited and production was good but not great

its not even edited only the first track is he swears a good 10 times thru out the album and why does cursing make it any better (yes it too curse frequently but still) the album is a 9.5/10 for me just unbelievable production and rapping and all guest appearances are well done key tracks-benzie box, old school, sofa king

-IrOnBuLL-
04-09-2007, 08:32 AM
mf doom iz ill. period!
he be sayin some stuff
no other emcee would say
but i do like his madvillainy album better tho

i rate dangerdoom 8/10

brown_dogg
04-09-2007, 06:42 PM
This album definitely grew on me during the time I had it. I'd probably give it a 9/10 cuz I'm not really feeling the first two tracks as much as the rest of the album. Every song is listenable though, and the short-length stops it from getting boring. The skits were pretty good too, opposed to the shit skits that you usually get in albums these days.

GENERAL WISE
04-09-2007, 07:12 PM
4 for being jewish/black

mad dzawg
04-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Definitely can't call it a classic. But it's definitely one of my personal favorites of the past 3 yrs. Has really heavy rotation in my car for real. Hilarious skits with the lyrics and beats to match. Matter of fact, this is the album that introduced me to the Metal Fingered Villain, been a big fan ever since. I have all his albums except for the 2 KMD LP's. MF and Ghost need to hurry the fuck up lol

MwazaUmoja
05-11-2007, 07:35 AM
It's not on the level of some MF Doom work, but it's pretty damn good. I still don't undestand why he has beef with Monsta Island Czars.... and especially MF Grimm.....

DR. NICK RIVIERA
05-11-2007, 10:55 AM
8/10

this album got me into Doom

WuGambino
05-14-2007, 04:14 AM
One of the very few hip-hop albums I've enjoyed the skits on.

Production is generally solid, Doom rips it.

8/10

I am Sofa King retard Ed (loollzzzz)

The Hound
05-14-2007, 04:43 AM
some ppl calling it classicm thats an over exaggeration, it was still tight though, 8/10, the sktis r mad funny

noel411
05-17-2007, 01:33 AM
This album was forgettable to me. I really enjoyed Doom's work up until this, then when I got this it was just more of the same, only with a more commercial vibe. Something about this album bothers me. I'm not gonna say Doom sold out, but he was on some hardcore underground type vibe up until this album, then this shit was more like some radio friendly chirpy shit. I don't know. I can't really explain it. But in any case I don't much care for this album. Doom sounds best over dark, mellow sorts of beats. That's why 'Madvillian' and VV2 are the 2 Doom albums I always go back to.

Come Honor Face
07-05-2007, 01:22 AM
Shits Bangin!!!!!!!! I like every track. 9.5/10

The_SZAs
07-05-2007, 07:43 AM
Madvillainy blows this out of the water.

noel411
07-05-2007, 09:43 AM
This album was forgettable to me. I really enjoyed Doom's work up until this, then when I got this it was just more of the same, only with a more commercial vibe. Something about this album bothers me. I'm not gonna say Doom sold out, but he was on some hardcore underground type vibe up until this album, then this shit was more like some radio friendly chirpy shit. I don't know. I can't really explain it. But in any case I don't much care for this album. Doom sounds best over dark, mellow sorts of beats. That's why 'Madvillian' and VV2 are the 2 Doom albums I always go back to.
I listened to this shit again the other day. I tell you this, I fucking hate the theme of this album. Those stupid arse cartoon sort of skits between most songs. That's some fucken weak, soft shit. It annoys me. How do you go from doing shit with a dark, gloomy vibe, like VV2 and Madvillian, to doing this nerdy shit? I'm not saying he shouldn't try different things. I think he should. But this is not the way to go at all. I don't know. It just shits me. It's fucken lame. Still, there's quite a few good songs on the album.

Come Honor Face
07-05-2007, 10:18 AM
Madvillainy blows this out of the water.

Na son! Madvillainy iz ass! I tried and tried to like it. But I can't. The beats are trash for the most part. There is one instrumental track I liked. This album is lightyears ahead of Madvilliany production wise.