PDA

View Full Version : The Money Making Jam Boys tape's here

claaa7
02-03-2011, 02:36 PM
check my blog for download link

Mic Tyson
02-03-2011, 03:14 PM
aint all them niggas in the roots? is it just them without band? regardless im sure it will b tight. thanks

claaa7
02-03-2011, 04:43 PM
nah only Black Thought is a member of The Roots, Dice Raw is kinda an honorary member - he's been down almost since the start and had a verse or two on pretty much every Roots album. the other three guys have only been featured on the last few albums.

i'm at track #9 now, so listened to more than half. Black Thought is killing it as usual, Dice is nice but i ain't feeling the others too much and i had higher hopes for the production. but maybe it just needs to grow.

claaa7
02-03-2011, 04:48 PM
hahaha Black Thought kicks a stupid nice verse soley based on classic lines from various Wu-Tang songs on "Day Job".

Wh0am3ye?
02-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Gonna spark up and throw this on.

claaa7
02-04-2011, 02:27 AM
check this, Black Thought performs new song live which sounds dope as fuck altho the sound quality is shitty but well worth checking. apparantly produced by Danger Mouse so maybe that "Dangerous Thoughts" album is still bound to happen, i really hope so:

http://vimeo.com/19377678

claaa7
02-04-2011, 02:31 AM
btw the Jam Boys tape was so-so imo.. had higher hopes for it that's for sure, even Black Thought had a few subpar verses altho he killed it big time sometimes too but many of the beats were boring and besides Tariq and Dice the other MC don't do shit for me. i miss the trio of Thought, Raw and Malik B.

Khem The Decepticon
02-04-2011, 11:23 PM
I love this tape and cant wait to see if a album comes from this group. STS, Truck, and Thought killed it in my opinion.

THE MASON
02-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Damn wish i could check this out but my comp been down for days. Too bad it doesnt sound up to par but it is just a mixtape, id hope they save there best work for a retail album.

On a side note, any more word on that BT solo? I bet the tracks with dangermouse could show up on there

claaa7
02-05-2011, 10:48 AM
i listened to it a second time yesterday on the train ride and i appreciated it alot more this time. good tape, a few weaker tracks but there's alot of heat. my favorites are probably "Day Job", the first track with Jazzy Jeff doing cuts, "International Playboy" (produced by ?uestlove), "Contract on the World" and a few others. Tariq keeps on killing it and Dice Raw ain't no slouch either. these guys sound cool together.