View Full Version : Big L vs Chino Xl

nyminute
02-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Who has beter punchlines?
Who'd win in a battle?
Who's a better overall rapper?

MaskedAvenger
02-04-2011, 10:41 PM
I don't know but personal preference I'd go with Chino, Here To Save You All blew me away the first time I heard it, It just got released and I went to the store to pick it up and they only had a promo version with the big stamp on the cover and I still purchased it at full price because I didn't want to wait for a new order to come in and it is still one of my favorite albums today 15 years later, but who cares who's better, they are both dope.

LORD NOSE
02-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Chino is a lil more outlandish and graphic

Ls delivery,flow is iLLer - he's more believable also

would be a iLL battle

nyminute
02-04-2011, 11:16 PM
Chino has some nice lines, but on the other hand he has some extremely fucking wack punchlines.

"You wouldn't be star if you were thrown by chinese ninjas"

'The only bitch you see inside of my eyes is your reflection'

"You ain't just wack, you're what wack wants to be when it grows up."

"When you rhyme I'm so bored you could surf on me."

"I'm so twisted I could eat and iron nail and shit out a cork screw"

And yes I understand the last punchline, doesn't change the fact that it's extremely wack.

I'm honestly not sure if he has more wack or hot punchlines.

His delivery is terrible though, but I guess I'll give hime versatility over Big L.

main_man
02-04-2011, 11:33 PM
both are great mc's.

but i'm gonna say big l. he was waaaaayyyy ahead of his time. and his style holds up to this day and is better than most so called "hot" mc's in 2011. i was zonin' out to some big l the other day and was still impressed with his skillset. damn shame he got killed.

and sometimes chino tries to fit too much into a line and kind of falls out of synch with the beat.

dad
02-04-2011, 11:41 PM
big l.

Devil's son
02-04-2011, 11:51 PM
Big L Corleone.

Khem The Decepticon
02-05-2011, 12:37 AM
Chino XL:
You're wack like Will Smith, your rhyme style is pansy
I fuckin murder your young style like JonBenet Ramsey

Enough said.

Devil's son
02-05-2011, 03:30 AM
Chino XL:
You're wack like Will Smith, your rhyme style is pansy
I fuckin murder your young style like JonBenet Ramsey

Enough said.

ORLY?

In a street brawl I strike men quicker than lightning
You seen what happened in my last fight friend? iight then
Ls a clever threat, a lyricist who never sweat,
Comparing yourself to me is like a Benz to a Chevrolet.

Nah, I'm only kidding, two great MC's with amazing punchlines, it's sad that we don't have more MC's like Chino and L.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
02-05-2011, 04:02 AM
I just like the way Big L delivers his rhymes, he ain't just all about punchlines. He's like a Vakill, he is versatile. He got storytelling shit, punchline shit, ill delivery, flow, voice, he's really the complete MC.

Chino is also nice and possibly the greatest punchline rapper ever because he has a countless amount. If you ask people the best Big L, Lord Finnese, Vakill punchline, they'd all give you the same answers but Chino XL has a large amount.

But overall Big L.

claaa7
02-05-2011, 06:11 AM
i prefer Big L, they are both amazing at writing and spitting but L had more personality, charisma and better delivery to me imo.

Socrates92
02-05-2011, 07:45 AM
Chino would win in a battle, mainly because he's alive.

Peace to Biggie, Tupac, Big L and Big Pun.

nyminute
02-05-2011, 10:12 AM
ORLY?

In a street brawl I strike men quicker than lightning
You seen what happened in my last fight friend? iight then
Ls a clever threat, a lyricist who never sweat,
Comparing yourself to me is like a Benz to a Chevrolet.

Nah, I'm only kidding, two great MC's with amazing punchlines, it's sad that we don't have more MC's like Chino and L.

OLCnbtEotfw

At his best Chino had much more clever lines than L I guess, but L's more consistant and probably never dropped a wack punchline. Than again he had a short career, what puts L over the top i guess is his raw delivery and the rawness of his lines, even though he does have some funny lines, a lot of them would be pretty outdated now adays.

BGS
02-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Big L

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-05-2011, 03:42 PM
those two also did a track together, right?

Fatal Guillotine
02-05-2011, 03:49 PM
thats a hard one....

like it has been stated in this thread big l delivery was impeccable......chino xl who ive been a fan of for a minute sometimes forces his delivery check the second verse on "what the fuck you looking at"

one of my favorite line by him is the "i'll never drag like they do black men in texas"

i think chino would putup a great attempt but l delivery would win him over

btw vakill is another ill punchline emcee from the 4 songs i've heard from him

Tecknowledgist
02-05-2011, 04:15 PM
The one thing that Big L has that Chino XL doesn't is the ability to spit punchline after punchline without sounding like a cornball.

theheavens
02-05-2011, 05:01 PM
this is one "vs." competition that actually makes sense! Big L has the best flow and delivery in hip-hop history (don't debate me, it's a fact), but Chino XL has better punchlines, if only for the fact that he lived longer and made more recordings. lyrics wise, who knows, but I'd go for Big L. their debut albums are dope, though not sure which is better. Chino's was more versatile, that's for sure.... and I guess Chino deserves some credit for giving birth to Eminem!

nyminute
02-05-2011, 05:42 PM
The one thing that Big L has that Chino XL doesn't is the ability to spit punchline after punchline without sounding like a cornball.

My thoughts exactly, his verse on Da Graveyard has him drop punchline after punchline.

Mr. R&B
02-05-2011, 06:02 PM
It all boils down to personal opinion.

Both MC's are incredible, both deserve mention among the greats as far as technicality is concerned.

But Big L has more votes based on the posthumous respect angle.

Hip-Hop is better for having both of them take part...

However, I'll take Chino, based solely on my preference.

theDZA
02-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Big L....chino is ill tho

'A tech nine is my utensil ,
Fillin' niggas with so much led they can use they dick for a pencil'

- that is one of my favourite's from Big L

David Daniel Davis
02-05-2011, 11:43 PM
this is one "vs." competition that actually makes sense! Big L has the best flow and delivery in hip-hop history (don't debate me, it's a fact), but Chino XL has better punchlines, if only for the fact that he lived longer and made more recordings. lyrics wise, who knows, but I'd go for Big L. their debut albums are dope, though not sure which is better. Chino's was more versatile, that's for sure.... and I guess Chino deserves some credit for giving birth to Eminem!

Yes; there definitely would not be Eminem without Chino XL; you can really tell he is Chino XL inspired.

Kenny Powers
02-05-2011, 11:47 PM
i dont think Big L would lose a battle to anyone

WooHa
02-06-2011, 04:41 PM
That's reaally tough

KJR
01-02-2014, 01:33 PM
Chino would rip L apart.

Apocalypse
01-02-2014, 04:28 PM
Big L everytime!

btw, Big L is one of the GOATs. ( but everybody already knows that )

nuff said.

KJR
01-03-2014, 10:07 AM
^Both Chino and Pun were/are better than L imo. L's got a good punchlines but his real attribute is his ability to flow.

Longbongcilvaringz
01-04-2014, 04:54 AM
Big L. Chino XL is a corny simile rapper.

KJR
01-07-2014, 11:41 AM
Big L. Chino XL is a corny simile rapper.

I see where you're coming from but he was more than just a simile rapper. Check out "Kreep", "Ghetto Vampire", "What Am I?" etc. Em took Chino's style and made it cornier than it originally was.

Longbongcilvaringz
01-07-2014, 12:16 PM
i've listened to his shit and thought it was good at some point. revisiting, it's all pretty bad and as a rapper he's pretty poor.

hotnikks
01-07-2014, 01:45 PM
Big L

Cuz 139 and Lenox is the danger zone....

J.T.S.
01-08-2014, 08:12 PM
Big L.

tombstone
01-09-2014, 11:33 PM
chino all the way