PDA

View Full Version : Showbiz says DITC are dead forever

Shoeshiner
02-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Good interview but sad to see him say that DITC are over for good

http://conspiracyworldwide.podomatic.com/entry/index/2011-02-05T08_04_26-08_00

Showbiz is right at the end of this part of the show talkin bout his album with KRS and they play tracks from it

also mad to hear that Flavor Unit turned down the beat that became Sound Of The Police

APOLLO STASH
02-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Of course they are. Their best member is dead and their Fat Spanish Rapper is a piece of shit sell out. If they try and replace them like how Fat Joe did with Pun, Seis and CL in Terror Squad it'll ruin them the same way TS got ruined.

nyminute
02-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Though I do agree with the Fat joe part I don't know if I'd say Big L was their best member, I'm actually more of a Lord Finesse/Oc fan.

APOLLO STASH
02-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Well they're all ill as fuck but Big L imo is the best

chiba
02-05-2011, 12:53 PM
Though I do agree with the Fat joe part I don't know if I'd say Big L was their best member, I'm actually more of a Lord Finesse/Oc fan.

:hooray::b

ALCATRAZ
02-05-2011, 02:15 PM
lol hasnt ditc been dead for like 30 years? why the fuck would anyone care to hear that news now...smh

claaa7
02-05-2011, 02:34 PM
as far as them doing an album together again will most likely never happen again. but they still have DITC Records, even the Show/KRS-One album will be released through that label and OC & AG collaborated on a dope album last year. Lord Finesse might do an album with OC, etc. as a group they might not exist anymore but the members are still active as soloists plus collaborating with eachother. i got over 30 albums by DITC (solo and group) and they are alot of classics in that catalouge - next to Wu-Tang the illest hip-hop crew of all time. Plus Diamond D is one of the best producers of all time, still to this day.

that Flavor Unit passed on "Sound Of Da Police" is old news but that was a great thing in retrospect. Freddie Foxxx recorded an entire album with Show, Finesse and Buckwild that got shelved in 1993 that included that track. that album got released in 2008, as a double CD with both versions of it - of course i bought it. but the bottom line is that KRS-One made a classic of that beat, one of the best hip-hop songs of all time. Freddie Foxxx made a pretty good song, that's the difference

claaa7
02-05-2011, 02:40 PM
but what's even more suprising is this segment from the description of the show:

Pete Rock steps onto the show in one of the most coincidental and fortuitous ways possible, exploring his forthcoming releases in 2011. We dig deep regarding his album with DJ Premier, his full collaborative album with Nas, an all new Pete Rock & CL Smooth album, a potential collab long player with Madlib and his forthcoming self-produced Smif N Wessun album. In addition to all of this he expresses his desire to work on something more substantial with fellow-guest, Nottz as well as hos own solo releases this year. A true Conspiracy moment that's too good to miss.

PETE ROCK FULL LP WITH NAS?!!!! if that actually goes down (which it probably won't) i would probably be living in extacy for the rest of my life.

9th Chamber
02-05-2011, 03:34 PM
as far as them doing an album together again will most likely never happen again. but they still have DITC Records, even the Show/KRS-One album will be released through that label and OC & AG collaborated on a dope album last year. Lord Finesse might do an album with OC, etc. as a group they might not exist anymore but the members are still active as soloists plus collaborating with eachother. i got over 30 albums by DITC (solo and group) and they are alot of classics in that catalouge - next to Wu-Tang the illest hip-hop crew of all time. Plus Diamond D is one of the best producers of all time, still to this day.

that Flavor Unit passed on "Sound Of Da Police" is old news but that was a great thing in retrospect. Freddie Foxxx recorded an entire album with Show, Finesse and Buckwild that got shelved in 1993 that included that track. that album got released in 2008, as a double CD with both versions of it - of course i bought it. but the bottom line is that KRS-One made a classic of that beat, one of the best hip-hop songs of all time. Freddie Foxxx made a pretty good song, that's the difference

^^ 30 albums!! Wow I don't suppose you could list them all. I'm trying to get my DITC collection improved and would love a checklist like that!

Mr. R&B
02-05-2011, 04:52 PM
Every ending is a new beginning.

So now that their dissolution has been officially confirmed, each individual member can further their resume.

Show & AG remaining a unit is great and the more Diamond D produces for other artists, then all the better for Hip-Hop.

It is what it is.

How do you really rebound from one of the most prominent members of the group being murdered and the other recognizable rapper turning in to an industry whore?

They didn't have many options, from the way I see it.

claaa7
02-06-2011, 03:51 AM
^ yeah and unlike Wu-Tang Clan they all came into the industry as soloists on their own term. they all had dropped solo albums, with Finesse and Diamond recording back in 1988-1989 and then all members dropping up to '95 so it was really more like a loose collective or an umbrella company. they didn't do an album together until 1999 and i remember they said that was hard because they all wanted to go in a little different directions cus they were used to doing their own thing. the one real DITC album that exist, "Worldwide", is a classic tho (the vinyl version "The Official Version" was not at all as good).

BIG D O
02-07-2011, 02:22 AM
these old niggas stay talkin bout what they finna do.....shits wearing a lil' thin....

i hope PR is sincere about his promises....

as far as Show goes, I don't understand why he takin that stance with the whole DITC thing man...all of em' are still around recording, why they can't get up and do the damn thing is beyond me....

Durag
02-07-2011, 02:40 AM
^^ 30 albums!! Wow I don't suppose you could list them all. I'm trying to get my DITC collection improved and would love a checklist like that!

Check discogs.com and search D.I.T.C and all the members, you'll get a list of all the albums there.

I suppose it was obvious this was gonna happen, but if they keep releasing solo albums i dont mind.